Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My local grocery store does take and bake calzones which are pretty good. Yesterday I had a BBQ chicken one that was tasty but they put a lot of loving red onions in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This arrived at my door about 15 minutes ago. Thin crust with alfredo, chicken, and spinach. Also jalapeno poppers :yum:

Standard southeast WI affair.

edit: you'll notice it is hard to discern the cut of the center pieces. That's because the cheese spilled over and reconnected them. It's wonderful.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 23, 2022

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This arrived at my door about 15 minutes ago. Thin crust with alfredo, chicken, and spinach. Also jalapeno poppers :yum:

Standard southeast WI affair.

edit: you'll notice it is hard to discern the cut of the center pieces. That's because the cheese spilled over and reconnected them. It's wonderful.

This pizza looks incredible. Reminds me of something from my hometown (also from Midwest).

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Just drop some cheddar on a plate and microwave it until it's melted, then scrape it off the plate with your fingers and eat it.

That was my favourite snack as a kid :sweatdrop:

Let me spin thee a short tale -

Myself and another friend were visiting a good friend of ours out-of-state, and his mom was in 'no carb' mode for various reasons. So, right taking us to the train station for our return trip, she gets a paper plate, covers it in sharp rear end cheddar, then microwaves it. Not till it was melted, but until it was crunchy, like when you overdo microwave nachos. Now there is a disc of peanut-brittle textured overcooked sharp cheddar and she is eating it during the drive. Now, she was a trucker for a living so very used to climate control during drives - beautiful day out, windows rolled up, AC going.

I recall looking at my friend in the backseat, him looking visibly ill, and rolls down the window a little bit just to try and get some air. He recalls right after he did it, meeting my friend's mom's eyes in the rearview mirror, that darted up to meet his almost as soon as he rolled it down. He sighed, took one breath of slightly fresh air and rolled it back up.

At least she didn't call it a cheese pizza.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

dr_rat posted:

Yep,
Garlic sauce, hot sauce, bbq sauce, kebab meat, chips, and cheese, just all thrown into a box.

A fine 2.00am Saturday night mess of a meal.

Lol at the many forks, touch my kebab and die.

Anyway my last kebab. Afraid I think the quality of kebab meat has gone downhill in Finland, atleast in my region. Like it's all became more samey and alike in taste & texture, used to be more variation before depending on where you went. Some kind of kebab-cartel?

My son ordered a pizza so it fits here, has gotten expensive too, 10€ nowadays.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I just wish more people knew of the joys of malt vinegar on fries

I bought some, had to buy it online because it 100% does not exist in stores here. I mena it was OK but I wasn't blown away. I then learned the real stuff that tastes like what you get from from a vendor is the fake stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=642x2Y3Zla0

So I should try that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

€10 for a pizza …expensive… lmao
A 14” in Ireland can get up to €30 these days.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Well it used to be 8€ and 10 years ago I remember it was 6€

E: It's incredible though, if a pizza cost 30€ here, I would simply stop buying pizzas forever... That's far beyond my pain treshold.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 23, 2022

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Domino's Japan is pretty good, and you can almost always get a like 40-50% coupon, because the base price of a large pepperoni is like (depending on exchange rates) $24 so you'd be dumb not to use one.

But look at this:

I mean, I would, but my god. Think of the cholesterol.

The large size of this (pictured above) is $42.

cum cups

edit: just so it's clear, that isn't a regular pepperoni pizza - that's a specialty pizza where they specifically melt cheese into the pepperoni cups.

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Sep 23, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

That's too much. Is there sausage in the crust or something?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The above pizza is called, hilariously, the Cheese Fantasy American. Im debating ordering one tonight because its 1,500 yen to pickup. I might get the Cheese Fantasy Dominos Deluxe instead though.

To be honest the gross Japan pizzas to me are the mayo soaked limited time ones and their seafood specials which all taste horrible cause seafood and dominos supply chain do not mix well at all

Edit: The edges are gouda and cheddar cheese. I prefer the sesame garlic crust, but why not try a new thing

Barudak fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 23, 2022

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Japan CAN make normal-rear end regular pizzas, but my god you'd think they absolutely hate doing it

I think it's because in Japan, pizza is generally seen as kind of a "couple times a year maybe" home party food for when you have your platonic friends over so people splurge and pay $42 to try random weird poo poo instead of humdrum pepperoni pizzas. In the States we eat that poo poo every week so it's better and cheaper to just get a $10 pepperoni from Domino's or whatever.

Like, they aren't the WORST poo poo ever, but man I just don't get why anyone would want this over something cheaper and simpler

Rice Cake, Corn, Pork Sausage, Sliced Asparagus, Korean Seaweed Flakes, Spicy Cod Roe Mayonnaise Sauce

(pork sausage means sliced hot dogs btw)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They make perfectly fine and normal pizzas, in some places. Pizza-La is basically totinos pizzas and dominos new yorker collection is a genuinely pretty good new york style large flat pizza and then you have all the knock off italian style pizzas that are perfectly fine.

The issue is when Japan's promo culture slams into the pizza world and handcuffs it to "'make a charbroiled fat and cream cheese pizza"

Barudak fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 23, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah some of those Japanese Pizza's sound like the $2000 hamburgs or whatever. Where it is more about sounding expensive and interesting, than actually tasting good.

I always like how those stupidly expensive meals always have truffles, caviar, not matter if it makes sense to or not, as you know easy way to up the price, and always gold flakes, as non reactive metal so literally taste of nothing while costing a bunch.

Like having said that, some would 100% some of the those weird load everything on, experimental pizzas, if offered a slice, cos, you know, only live once. Most of them seem like they would actually be pretty good. Although yeah some of them pretty sure would be full after two slices anyway.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Lol at the many forks, touch my kebab and die.

Anyway my last kebab. Afraid I think the quality of kebab meat has gone downhill in Finland, atleast in my region. Like it's all became more samey and alike in taste & texture, used to be more variation before depending on where you went. Some kind of kebab-cartel?

My son ordered a pizza so it fits here, has gotten expensive too, 10€ nowadays.

I would demolish both of those.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Toxic Mental posted:

that's a specialty pizza where they specifically melt cheese into the pepperoni cups.

Sometimes an idea comes along and you have to respect it regardless of whether it's great or terrible, simply because it's something you could never possibly have conceived of on your own

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I didn't recognize this with the plate instead of a styrofoam box underneath

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Ah, yes, thank you, straight into the bin.

Grazie.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hey thats the goddamned free space in my bingo card dammit

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

i'd eat them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That doesn't look bad IMHO

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Got the cheesy Japanese pizza. Review: Is cheesy but the pepperoni did not cup the cheese. Tastes perfectly good.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Mmmm, smokers teeth.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1574456491322621952

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mmm, delicious pizzicillin

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this is your lung after smoking 10 million cigarettes

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

pizzatoma

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Dr. Oedema's

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Doctrine neutral Structure radical

A brain on the street is a pizza

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Toxic Mental posted:

Doctrine neutral Structure radical

A brain on the street is a pizza

Brain on the streets, pizza on the sheets (of paper towel)

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

bbq sauce pizza

THIS is the worst pizza.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I guess... this is art?

It's certainly not food.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
classic Batepapo style.

https://twitter.com/pizzasbatepapo/status/941321283630968832?s=20&t=VorDI7McUe0VI4MY10G_nw

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 29, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This looks absolutely fine.

Was this left after the eruption of MT. Pizzavius?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Flint-style pizza?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Back when Pizza Hut had the Bigfoot pizzas, folks were complaining that the larger boxes were a pain to deal with in cars. I say, dream bigger.