Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

The bountiful bloom reaction is just a better fit for Ayato because you don't have to get close for the reaction to go off + it's very appropriate when multihitting enemies. Nilou's application is admittedly wasted when you arent next to enemies but it temains to be seen how material that is (it's one hydro application evert 2 seconds)

Would you want an EM build on Ayato for that, since he'll be triggering the blooms most often (I think)? That'd be a fun alternate build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Nilou buffs her special bloom based on her HP, so any character's specific EM isn't as crucial

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Harrow posted:

Would you want an EM build on Ayato for that, since he'll be triggering the blooms most often (I think)? That'd be a fun alternate build.
yeah exactly. It's super weird. You could theoretically build atk+crit and it's not like Nilou's going to waste because she adds flat damage to every bloom regardless of what the EM of the triggering unit is. But stacking the blooms further will probably be better damage than what Ayato can do anyways especially because the team will have no -Hydro res.

EDIT: There's even the potential where, due to dendro resonance and EM's dimishing returns and nahida's speculated EM buffing mechanic, a crit+dmg with EM sands Ayato is proper. All this weirdness is why I'm interested in Nilou.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 23, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh sick

Maybe I will want Nilou one day but I'll probably wait for a rerun since we'll have more dendro characters to potentially use with her by then

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Elentor posted:

I got Ganyu and I went from doing no damage to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f5s0UFq1Dk

My gf was watching and laughed at the phase skipping, blessed lol.

And yeah I picked the brother because I'm not into the cutesy stuff, which yeah it makes the game harder for me to swallow, but the game is so good that it overrides that.

Nice! One trick I learned (like, over a month into playing the game) is that if you want to use the elemental burst (Q ability) from another team member right away, you can hold alt when you hit the number for them. It will switch to that character and use their burst right away. Early in the game it's not that critical to be switching up team members all the time, but later on it's the way to setup good elemental combos and buffs and stuff, so that was a handy thing to learn. I'm sure they covered it in the intro somewhere but I made an account like 6 months before I actually got into the game because of some amazon prime giveaway codes or something so I probably forgot it in the meantime.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

No Wave posted:

I am legit proud of this one

Must have been tough getting past 12-1-2, that chamber is just screaming at you to bring a freeze team. Better bring a strong hydro and cryo, oh wow jeez look who's on the limited banner.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Sumeru's side content is really fun but hoooooly poo poo Archon 3-2 really makes you feel every second of the conversations and running back and forth in the same 200 yards of city, doesn't it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Maxwell Adams posted:

Must have been tough getting past 12-1-2, that chamber is just screaming at you to bring a freeze team. Better bring a strong hydro and cryo, oh wow jeez look who's on the limited banner.
I couldnt clear it with tighnari/yae/fischl for the longest time until I saw someone did it with Venti. And yep, Venti's still got it, I forgot that he can pick up the pyrogunners.

EDIT: I also want to point out Venti's burst does 7 aggravates? Kind of crazy with fischl out there.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 23, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Maxwell Adams posted:

That was more of a Venti, I just used Hu Tao

If anything, they really want you to use Dendro+Lightning (which I didn't use because lol Shenhe)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

PIcking this up again for a bit after not playing since soon after they added Inazuma. Are there any particularly notable characters on the current banners or upcoming ones? Ganyu was just discussed, is Kokomi any good? Her skill descriptions don't stand out to me as amazing but I'm not that great at evaluating them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Qwertycoatl posted:

PIcking this up again for a bit after not playing since soon after they added Inazuma. Are there any particularly notable characters on the current banners or upcoming ones? Ganyu was just discussed, is Kokomi any good? Her skill descriptions don't stand out to me as amazing but I'm not that great at evaluating them.
she heals. Everyone has high expectations for the 3.2 dendro character. Dendro is a really strong (and fun) element and she's almost guaranteed to be the strongest dendro character so far.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

No Wave posted:

she heals. Everyone has high expectations for the 3.2 dendro character. Dendro is a really strong (and fun) element and she's almost guaranteed to be the strongest dendro character so far.

I have Bennet and Qiqi at home. I guess I'll keep hoarding until 3.2

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Sucrose also works well in 12-1-2 and is more relevant in 2-2 and 3-2 than venti

I just need to figure out what healer I can slot instead of zhongli in yae team.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 23, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Qwertycoatl posted:

Kokomi is like a top 5 meta character but in a pretty boring way. She has more than enough healing to keep your team topped up forever (as do most healers tbh), but on top of that she summons a jellyfish that sticks around for ages and constantly splashes water on baddies in a big area. So her actual value has almost nothing to do with the words and numbers in her ability descriptions and everything to do with her ability to enable hydro-based elemental reactions (and hydro has great elemental reactions).

You can stick her into any team built for freeze, electro-charge, or bloom reactions. Just not vaporize since she still falls pretty far behind Xingqiu and Yelan for that.

But yeah I would just hold on to your horses and wait for the upcoming Dendro Archon if you aren't especially in love with the designs for Ganyu/Kokomi or the upcoming Cyno:
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1561655193393307648

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 23, 2022

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rexxed posted:

Nice! One trick I learned (like, over a month into playing the game) is that if you want to use the elemental burst (Q ability) from another team member right away, you can hold alt when you hit the number for them. It will switch to that character and use their burst right away. Early in the game it's not that critical to be switching up team members all the time, but later on it's the way to setup good elemental combos and buffs and stuff, so that was a handy thing to learn. I'm sure they covered it in the intro somewhere but I made an account like 6 months before I actually got into the game because of some amazon prime giveaway codes or something so I probably forgot it in the meantime.

That's insanely useful to know, thanks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Meta is a pretty loaded word. People who own her like using her but she is not topping any speedrun competitions.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kokomi's strength is role consolidation I think. She's a very good hydro applicator and an extremely powerful and consistent healer, in one unit. Barbara can do that, too, but her hydro application is a lot more of a pain to work with (and the self-applied hydro is a big downside), and I think that's where a lot of Kokomi's value comes from. If you have a team that could really use a ton of hydro application and also needs a healer, Kokomi's not going to let you down.

I did end up pulling for her on this banner but I'll be honest, I'm not sure when I'm going to use her. Most of the teams I like to run don't really have a need for her. Though once I finally level her I bet I could put her in my Ayaka freeze team in Xingqiu's place and then replace Diona with Rosaria or something, that would probably work well.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Seeing as there's no benefit to doing Floor 12 faster as long as it's under the threshold, I like to think of "meta" as "can get the job done and comfortably" and Kokomi does just that. She's one of the top 3 comfortable characters, imo, and requires very little investment to be good (another thing people tend to overlook when judging characters)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

It's fairly minor but I appreciate that Kokomi can do some decent damage if you keep her on-field as well. It's nice when you run up against enemies that are immune or resistant to your primary damage-dealer.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Vargs posted:

It's fairly minor but I appreciate that Kokomi can do some decent damage if you keep her on-field as well. It's nice when you run up against enemies that are immune or resistant to your primary damage-dealer.

This is why she was probably my most used character of 2.X even if I don't even switch to her most of the fights. Her job is to kill slimes, spectres, shields and occasionally keep the team topped of while the 3 other characters do the dps.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is so lightweight, I've never seen a game run so smooth at 120 FPS and 1.5x Render Scale. This is the lightest game I've played and it's so good to play something that isn't flickering and has smooth graphics.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Is there any use for wind sigils after I've bought out the merchant? Or should I just sink everything into her Mora exchange.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No, just blow it all on Mora. It's the same for all of them once you unlock the specific merchant.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I really like this piano piece that plays in enkanomiya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIk4WOKFu0A

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Elentor posted:

This game is so lightweight, I've never seen a game run so smooth at 120 FPS and 1.5x Render Scale. This is the lightest game I've played and it's so good to play something that isn't flickering and has smooth graphics.

Generating some heat here compared to heavier games, how's that part for you? Probably running some needlessly heavy options, but it's so.. stylish!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can feel my videocard getting hot, yes, more so than usual, but not to the point of overheating, and it's really worth it for how pretty this game is.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
That new survey was pretty funny to fill out as a new player. Haven’t seen a single one of the things they wanted feedback about.

On a different note, is there any way of making controller aim for bows better without tripping anti-cheat? It’s absolutely horrendous.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Elentor posted:

I can feel my videocard getting hot, yes, more so than usual, but not to the point of overheating, and it's really worth it for how pretty this game is.

100% same, which is why I havent even mentioned it before.

e: reminder to self to probably get a better monitor

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Elentor posted:

How are you running at 120 FPS?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elentor posted:

I got Ganyu and I went from doing no damage to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f5s0UFq1Dk

My gf was watching and laughed at the phase skipping, blessed lol.

And yeah I picked the brother because I'm not into the cutesy stuff, which yeah it makes the game harder for me to swallow, but the game is so good that it overrides that.

drat, if that's what aiming looks like on PC then it's no wonder that people hate playing archers in here. On PS4 you just hold the aim button and you stay aiming as you fire arrows one after the other.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

RareAcumen posted:

drat, if that's what aiming looks like on PC then it's no wonder that people hate playing archers in here. On PS4 you just hold the aim button and you stay aiming as you fire arrows one after the other.

That's done by pressing the R key on PC.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Leathal posted:

That new survey was pretty funny to fill out as a new player. Haven’t seen a single one of the things they wanted feedback about.

On a different note, is there any way of making controller aim for bows better without tripping anti-cheat? It’s absolutely horrendous.

You can adjust horizontal and vertical sensitivity separately for normal operation and aimed-shot mode in the settings. It's helped, but especially for things like the windblume balloon challenges I've never been able to be as precise with a controller as a mouse.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Been playing an aggravate Keqing team a bit lately and was impressed by how good it was, only to just now realize that I had her equipped with 2 level 0 artifacts.

Pretty glad she has a worthwhile place in the roster now. I speedran like 20 accounts to AR7 on the first few days of release to try and pull her with the huge chunk of primos that they gave away during that time, since she seemed like the most fun initial 5*. Ended up giving up on her after awhile since so much about her kit was lacking, but now she's back out of retirement and I'm having a good time. Just wish there was a dendro healer so that team comps are more flexible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bloom comparison

EDIT: cyno web event: https://act.hoyoverse.com/ys/event/..._medium=twitter

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 24, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Elentor posted:

forbidden dialectics posted:

How are you running at 120 FPS?

Yes, please share. I would kill for 120/144hz on PC.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

This game is so much better when there's actually content. I dropped it right after Eula was released, and now I've got a year and a half of updates to play through. And despite all that new content, reverse melt Ganyu is still meta. The more things change, the more they stay the same :shrug:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sushibandit posted:

Yes, please share. I would kill for 120/144hz on PC.

I'm using this:
https://github.com/34736384/genshin-fps-unlock/releases/tag/v2.0.0

Recommend you compile yourself, and some people are afraid they might be banned because of it so use it at your own risk.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Harrow posted:

Hell yeah, congrats on the Ganyu!

I kinda miss the earlier parts of the game where I just sort of messed around with characters and didn't already have a clear baseline for expected performance + needing a full set of good artifacts.

The most fun I had with a character is when I was using my Jean soon after the game's release. Back in those halcyon days when Bennett was considered one of the worst 4* characters

It'd be neat to start the game now with the much larger variety of characters (though the 4* pool is more diluted now with less-good characters; near release you were basically guaranteed to quickly get some really powerful 4*s).

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I kinda miss the earlier parts of the game where I just sort of messed around with characters and didn't already have a clear baseline for expected performance + needing a full set of good artifacts.

The most fun I had with a character is when I was using my Jean soon after the game's release. Back in those halcyon days when Bennett was considered one of the worst 4* characters

It'd be neat to start the game now with the much larger variety of characters (though the 4* pool is more diluted now with less-good characters; near release you were basically guaranteed to quickly get some really powerful 4*s).
I'll take the bigger pool any day of the week. Just as you say, as a new player you don't really know or care which characters are supposed to be good, so getting someone new always feels better than a weapon or constellation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Leathal posted:

You could try gyro aiming if you have a compatible controller (not officially supported, but can be enabled via Steam or other programs); never tried it myself but people swore it makes bow controls much better.