Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people were generally positive in here on uhhh mirio's rear end. that was a fine enough chapter as far as this all goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm largely ambivalent and just curious what the last stop looks like.

Mainly, I just wonder how many final battles are going to be shown at this point. Mina seemed to be reacting to the guy who killed Midnight, but surely the manga has no time for that, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm largely ambivalent and just curious what the last stop looks like.

Mainly, I just wonder how many final battles are going to be shown at this point. Mina seemed to be reacting to the guy who killed Midnight, but surely the manga has no time for that, right?

"Mina"? Stop making up characters.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Arist posted:

"Mina"? Stop making up characters.

I think Mina might be the one they have manufacturing nikes in the basement or whatever they're doing with the guy made of cement.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Mina was a typo. They were trying to say MHA, the titular main character.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is Gigantomachia dead I forget

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone with a point to make would use quotes. The lack of them demonstrates disinterest in making any actual points.

Or, wacky notion, I'm posting on app and it's a pain in the rear end to do so when the text is already here and I reference specific events in the manga so if you're really curious you can do the search (it even WORKS now).

As for 'Cry some more', the only folks crying here are the ones who can't stop whining about how awful everything is and present it as if it's an objective fact.

The millisecond someone comes in and goes 'but maybe not?' it turns into a bunch of completely unaware angry babies trying to out poo poo themselves with how long they think it's been awful and why

I'm clearly in the minority here having the audacity to enjoy fun fighty manga as is presented instead of hate-reading it, so maybe this just ain't the place to discuss this for me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

hatty posted:

Is Gigantomachia dead I forget

Arrested. Although where they're keeping him, god only knows.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cool kids inc. posted:

Or, wacky notion, I'm posting on app and it's a pain in the rear end to do so when the text is already here and I reference specific events in the manga so if you're really curious you can do the search (it even WORKS now).

As for 'Cry some more', the only folks crying here are the ones who can't stop whining about how awful everything is and present it as if it's an objective fact.

The millisecond someone comes in and goes 'but maybe not?' it turns into a bunch of completely unaware angry babies trying to out poo poo themselves with how long they think it's been awful and why

I'm clearly in the minority here having the audacity to enjoy fun fighty manga as is presented instead of hate-reading it, so maybe this just ain't the place to discuss this for me.
yeah the people being immature are the people making jokes at a manga's expense not whatever this is

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cool kids inc. posted:

See look, this already looks way more like they had a point they wanted to make.

I can't decipher any of the meaning of it, but it already looks less like we're throwing popcorn at the theater as we're all watching Morbius together than things did before.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Arrested. Although where they're keeping him, god only knows.

Mina and Kirishima's group are guarding where they're keeping him. A group of AfO's army are there trying to break him out, including the guy who killed Midnight.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be clear like half those posts are from when i used to post in games 100 times per day a decade ago

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Endorph posted:

to be clear like half those posts are from when i used to post in games 100 times per day a decade ago

I'm glad you're healing. In fairness, the only reason that average daily post count is because I mostly lurked for nearly the first decade after registering, and I've started posting more since then so I'm only getting worse.

Genuinely though I do think that people who have average daily post counts of 10+ without a good excuse like playing mafia, posting screenshot LPs, or something that they can point to need to reevaluate their relationship with posting.

That image was mainly made with snark since people were dogpiling in an unnecessarily aggressive manner on someone who was just expressing frustration. I'll be honest that I do share cool kids inc.'s feelings on the negativity in this thread to be exhausting to read at times. It probably doesn't help that that negativity is also present in several other threads that I read, not all of which I post in. I mean, the world is falling apart, so I guess it's understandable, but exhausting is definitely the right word.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

seeing posts about the world falling apart in a thread about a bad manga is way more exhausting tbh. it is also, frankly, extremely hurtful to be accused of mental illness or saying i need to 'reevaluate my relationship with posting' just because ive posted a bunch on a forum ive been on for almost 15 years. these are much more hurtful sentiments than joking about the quality of an ongoing manga. i dont know why you think these are appropriate responses.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 24, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Endorph posted:

seeing posts about the world falling apart in a thread about a bad manga is way more exhausting tbh. it is also, frankly, extremely hurtful to be accused of mental illness or saying i need to 'reevaluate my relationship with posting' just because ive posted a bunch on a forum ive been on for almost 15 years. these are much more hurtful sentiments than joking about the quality of an ongoing manga. i dont know why you think these are appropriate responses.

I am 100% certain you are saying all of that in good faith.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scholtz posted:

I am 100% certain you are saying all of that in good faith.
this is also much more hurtful and rude than being snippy about the quality of a manga.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

cool kids inc. posted:

Or, wacky notion, I'm posting on app and it's a pain in the rear end to do so

If it's a pain in the rear end to post, have I got the life hack for you

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Scholtz posted:

I'll be honest that I do share cool kids inc.'s feelings on the negativity in this thread to be exhausting to read at times. It probably doesn't help that that negativity is also present in several other threads that I read, not all of which I post in. I mean, the world is falling apart, so I guess it's understandable, but exhausting is definitely the right word.

lmao come on with this

e: imagine coming into the mha thread and chiding others to talk differently instead of simply posting with a smile like a true symbol of hope. smh

Valentin fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 24, 2022

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Dogpiles can be fun, specially if the manga isn't doing anything too special for you. It helps with lowering expectations too, so when something you actually likes happens, you apreciate it even more. I don't know how it was in the threads here, but this really imrpoved the ending of Bleach( and Naturo, to a degree) for me.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
MHA showed a lot of promise and a lot of people really, really liked it. Now it's spent the past year or so violently making GBS threads itself, and posting is how people are venting their frustrations with the series' fall from grace. Let people post, it's fine. If you feel there's been anything positive about recent developments in the series, you're welcome to post about that, I'd love to hear it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Scholtz posted:

I'm glad you're healing. In fairness, the only reason that average daily post count is because I mostly lurked for nearly the first decade after registering, and I've started posting more since then so I'm only getting worse.

Genuinely though I do think that people who have average daily post counts of 10+ without a good excuse like playing mafia, posting screenshot LPs, or something that they can point to need to reevaluate their relationship with posting.

That image was mainly made with snark since people were dogpiling in an unnecessarily aggressive manner on someone who was just expressing frustration. I'll be honest that I do share cool kids inc.'s feelings on the negativity in this thread to be exhausting to read at times. It probably doesn't help that that negativity is also present in several other threads that I read, not all of which I post in. I mean, the world is falling apart, so I guess it's understandable, but exhausting is definitely the right word.

Yeah this is gonna do wonders for negativity in the thread, dingdong.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
every time someone complains about critical posting in a serial-media thread it boils down to "you're ruining my vibes." buddy, i don't give a poo poo about your vibes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Runa posted:

Real talk I dropped by because I heard about the butt joke a chapter before this one and that's pretty much why I'm here.

Mirio's a good egg

I think he’s a peach

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm glad you've instead decided to be normal and instead make fun of and question Endorph's mental state for.....making fun of how bad a manga you like has been recently. You've definitely got a healthy attitude wrt posts itt.

You absolute freak, lol. Shut the gently caress up.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think he’s a peach

He's brought about a fun chapter in this long stretch of bad ones and for that he's an alright kid.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 24, 2022

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Scholtz posted:

You're loving pathetic lmao

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't think the pacing is too fast or too slow, I think what has been chosen to be featured in what order is what's super weird to me.

I mean, good for having a chunk of the presumably final battle play out already but I think the reason the bigbad vs MC dustup is usually weighted towards the END of a final arc is because that's supposed to be your defining conflict/capstone for it- especially when you have like a half-dozen other irons in the fire

I don't think the Bakugou death fakeout is that bad now looking at it but the placement of it is really stupid- because if we aren't just ending early because Horikoshi is gonna die of overwork, we'll be cutting to like a half-dozen different fights and probably doing a month+ of Deku and Shigaraki beating eachother up. Bakugou will possibly spend literal months in a state of undeath getting a jeart from a character we've seen 4 times. If that whole thing was super, super quick and in the final stretch it would be fine IMO.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I don't think the pacing is too fast or too slow, I think what has been chosen to be featured in what order is what's super weird to me.
If that whole thing was super, super quick and in the final stretch it would be fine IMO.

What? "I don't think it's too fast or too slow but this part would have been better if it had been faster."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What? "I don't think it's too fast or too slow but this part would have been better if it had been faster."
As in, the fight and everything happening is moving along fine but the order of it all is weird. Everything so far would've been fine if this had been placed *at the end* of this arc instead of the beginning, with it taking the same amount of issues/pages to do. I don't think it's pacing so much as arrangement.

Pretty much the entirety of the end of Bleach is bad but imagine if they had placed like 80% of the Yawach v Ichigo at the start of the final battle with the remaining Sternritter and then just...cut to the rest of the other fights for like 3 volumes.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm keeping up with this manga through sheer Inertia cause I was enjoying it until pretty recently, it's just been weirdly written and paced since Nagant and Stars and Stripes. Up until then, Punished Deku, the airborne fight in the War arc, the tense feeling of the heroes assault on the villain hideout, I was really enjoying myself.

But this final fight just loving sucks, everyone is useless, the finger growing powers are godawful, there's no exciting secrets or tense encounters, it's been predictable and going through the motions of what you'd except a last gasp shonen to do. Shiggy and AFO are really boring and Hori seems uninterested in showing anything else. It's just not fun anymore.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Punished Deku was fun but what I'd actually consider a pacing issue since that was cool/interesting and it was wrapped up too fast. That whole arc would've been a better place for a lot of individual character moments for the cast than the final battle but it was ended too quickly.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I participate in it regularly but even I'm willing to admit that this thread is mostly just tedious whining, I don't know why y'all dogpiled a guy for pointing it out.

even I'm not sure why I read something I'm not enjoying fwiw

e: which applies to both the manga and this thread, thinking about it

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 24, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It sucks to be dogpiled, but, like... that poster emphatically did not have a point. They were being at least as whiny as the thread and the actual contents of their posts were nonsense if you actually read the thread. The only thing I could meaningfully extract from their posts is frustration with the negativity in here, but forcing everyone to leave or fake enjoying the manga to fulfill your toxic positivity is dumb, imo.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Personally I never felt it was all senseless hatred, the thread has just been for the last few months in a constant state of frustration because they liked the show and wanted to still like it, but it's been geniuinely declining over the last months. Personally I've been feeling the "there's 0 reason the villains shouldn't have killed everyone already" because Hori keeps making them do underdog comebacks despite having the advantage.

Too much negativity can be tiring, that's true.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shere posted:

I participate in it regularly but even I'm willing to admit that this thread is mostly just tedious whining, I don't know why y'all dogpiled a guy for pointing it out.

even I'm not sure why I read something I'm not enjoying fwiw

e: which applies to both the manga and this thread, thinking about it
people didnt dogpile them for being more positive or for saying they wish the thread was more positive, people dogpiled them for calling people 'crying babies'. shockingly if you insult people they dont tend to agree with you.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Is it possible we're just not the main audience for these shonen battle manga?

Maybe Japanese teens think this is all the coolest poo poo.

All of these series seem to end in the same lovely way.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Thoren posted:

Is it possible we're just not the main audience for these shonen battle manga?

Maybe Japanese teens think this is all the coolest poo poo.

All of these series seem to end in the same lovely way.

Yeah, but so much of the word-of-mouth was that this was going to be better than Naruto, and then it never even managed to reach Naruto's heights before falling off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even in japan while the series is still popular it's declined from its peak. jujtusu kaisen is outselling it massively, and chainsaw man probably will when its anime hits.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

even in japan while the series is still popular it's declined from its peak. jujtusu kaisen is outselling it massively, and chainsaw man probably will when its anime hits.

Not really. The sales figures per volume peaked last year, and haven't declined much since then. It's not that MHA is declining. It's that Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man are exploding in popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh buddy this really isn't helping