Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks, all—just sent in the seating chart to be printed, so poo poo is getting real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Upgrading my retro handheld to an atomic purple RG353V

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Android Apocalypse posted:

Did you get those at Dead Man's Isle in Astoria? My friends that are really into tiki stuff said the people there make their own tiki mugs.

Sadly no, but I just added it to my list to check out next time I'm out that way!

I did however, finally track down a companion for my Suffering Bastard mug, now a Dead Bastard:

Subjunctive posted:

Gulp.

A wedding band for me:

A wedding band for my future wife:

24 days to go.

Congratulations to the both of you!!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Huh, that's really interesting! I knew some petrified wood opalized, but didn't realize some of it also had a clicktrack. I need to recalibrate my spicy rock gauge and try that out! At some point I want to pick up a proper long and short wave uv light and set up a darkened cabinet for these.

But instead I keep buying more tiki mugs, books, and better bartending equipment:

It's just really interesting to read about all the work done to rediscover many of these long lost recipes, decode the contents, and track down forgotten ingredients otherwise lost to time.

If you like cool tiki stuff, Bar Kindred in San Diego does cool limited run mugs from time to time, though they're not specifically a tiki bar.

Wife and I bought some of these cat ones last year around this time

https://thesearchfortiki.com/tiki-mug/cat-magic-punks-mug-bar-kindred-black-and-bone-edition/

And holky gently caress they go for a lot on ebay now

Also they did some cool human skull ones recently.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Completism is a disease and I'm infected:

But! I think that's it for the original 1984 releases so I'm calling the collection complete.

Please don't tell me if I missed any :shepicide:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Trabant posted:

Completism is a disease and I'm infected:

But! I think that's it for the original 1984 releases so I'm calling the collection complete.

Please don't tell me if I missed any :shepicide:

You're fine. Also those are awesome.

I just the other day drunkenly bought a different techmoan-featured item. The recently featured Yamaha karaoke system

Why, I do not know. I was in my cups. I suppose I can take it out to the ship.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Sep 22, 2022

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Custom engagement ring for my very goth partner.

Proposing in 2 weeks

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Proposing in 2 weeks

Sweet. Super on theme for a goth person. Excellent work. And congrats!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Proposing in 2 weeks

This is loving incredible.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

ReidRansom posted:

You're fine. Also those are awesome.

I just the other day drunkenly bought a different techmoan-featured item. The recently featured Yamaha karaoke system

Why, I do not know. I was in my cups. I suppose I can take it out to the ship.

The "weird and retro electronics" YouTube vertical is both a blessing and a bottomless moneypit.

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Proposing in 2 weeks

:black101:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Proposing in 2 weeks

I like the design, best of luck with the proposal!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Sep 23, 2022

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Proposing in 2 weeks

absolutely gorgeous and super thoughtful, hope everything goes well!!

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Rolo posted:

Upgrading my retro handheld to an atomic purple RG353V

how is it? it's only a matter of time before I buy something like this that I absolutely do not need

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Glottis posted:

how is it? it's only a matter of time before I buy something like this that I absolutely do not need

It won’t ship for another week or so. We have a weird retro handheld thread. Join us and spend money.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Proposing in 2 weeks

OooOOo pretty. 😍 She'll love it!

What's the black stone? Also good luck tell us how it goes!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Buncha tools

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Proposing in 2 weeks

This is a really cool design! Best of luck to you on the proposal!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Looks like a buncha tools to prep for screwin' :pervert:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ziggy Smalls posted:

Proposing in 2 weeks

This kicks so much rear end. Where did you get it??

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Thanks so much for the kind words everybody! Im simultaneously scared and excited even though I know she'll say yes.
:love: :love: :love:

Inzombiac posted:

This kicks so much rear end. Where did you get it??

I worked with a local jeweler to make it based off some other designs i had seen online. His designer sent me a CAD model and we went through a few different iterations to arrive at this beauty.

rekko posted:

OooOOo pretty. 😍 She'll love it!

What's the black stone? Also good luck tell us how it goes!

Its black jade! I was gonna go with onyx originally but the jeweler i worked with said black jade is actually a tougher gemstone.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Taps and dies and...easy-outs?

Oh no

OH NO

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I think they will come in handy sooner or later, I believe the seller might think they're some kind of weird tap. Not sure he used the tools.

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.

I just watched this video yesterday, I found it interesting and I have never tapped a single thread. There's a lot more to the video than just making the block. You may find it interesting too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVEww6Ylw5c

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

i love the coffingagement ring so much

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My wife bought us a Disney Cruise. Imagine a picture of a big loving boat with mouse ears I guess.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

djfooboo posted:

My wife bought us a Disney Cruise. Imagine a picture of a big loving boat with mouse ears I guess.

You know you don't own the boat right? Like that's not what buying a ticket means.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

You know you don't own the boat right? Like that's not what buying a ticket means.
No, they said to imagine a picture of a big loving boat with mouse ears not to imagine a big loving boat with mouse ears

Clearly they paid a professional photographer to take a picture of them in front of the boat and that is the purchase they are describing

mystes has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Sep 24, 2022

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

mystes posted:

No, they said to imagine a picture of a big loving boat with mouse ears not to imagine a big loving boat with mouse ears

Clearly they paid a professional photographer to take a picture of them in front of the boat and that is the purchase they are describing

Oh well okay that makes more sense.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I'm going to Indian Creek for a crack climbing clinic to hopefully learn how to climb finger cracks(:pervert:) so I bought this book

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Got some Swamg Dogg on vinyl

When a 78-year-old man tells you there's nothing wrong with having sex with your ex, you listen.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Napoleon Nelson posted:

When a 78-year-old man tells you there's nothing wrong with having sex with your ex, you listen.

But E-Rotic said the opposite!

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Planning a trip

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Napoleon Nelson posted:

He also co-wrote one of Johnny Paychecks biggest hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bNQEB6Xsnc

And I bought more guitars to fix and flip

Louts Strat copy, they're cheap, but decent enough

Late 70s Unbranded Les Paul copy, likely Japanese, could be Korean

1960 Silvertone H1213 archtop, made by Harmony in Chicago

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Planning a trip

that bird has dicks for wings

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Dickwing Duck

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
More for the walls

Dated 1978, marked 3/25, and has the photgrapher's name, address, and phone number on the back. And not a single search result for his name.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Upgraded my bins. For detailed, crisp views of high resolution bird dicks

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I also just bought some binoculars and got pretty impressively good ones from amazon for 23€. The Nikon A211s are still a lot better, so I kept both.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

As someone who has used tap and die sets regularly for decades on all sorts of materials I am full jelly. For the usual reasons most new sets are either hot garbage or stupid expensive. "Don't make em like they used too" is very true in my experience. Keep them properly stored and always break the chip before you think you need to and they'll last a lifetime.

Trip Report!
Had the Onewheel for over a year now and loving it. Got some new scars and a big ol poo poo eatin' grin every time I go to work or for a late sunday evening cruise around town.

Content!
Bought a Anycubic Photon M3 Max with wash and cure machine. Delivery next week and I am starting to learn Blender but going from being a 3 decade 2D vector based designer to 3D keeps breaking my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yeah I broke my Völkel new tap wrench a few months ago. I was never that impressed with it so I went looking for 2nd hand stuff. My experience has been the same, older stuff is often better made.