Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Adding Sett to the list of League characters who gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sett always had bi disaster energy.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

njsykora posted:

Adding Sett to the list of League characters who gently caress.

that's just every league character who is not a child or actual animal right

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

that's just every league character who is not a child or actual animal right

No, Garen has never hosed.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

njsykora posted:

No, Garen has never hosed.

It is the worst kept secret in Runeterra that Garen and Katarina are regularly hooking up.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
nobody in demacia knows what sex is

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SirSamVimes posted:

It is the worst kept secret in Runeterra that Garen and Katarina are regularly hooking up.

They hang out at night, but its just that meme of the woman screaming "babe please gently caress me" and Garen just wants to talk about his sword and not as a euphemism.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Monicro posted:

nobody in demacia knows what sex is

Sylas exists so this is clearly wrong.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why did you think he was in jail

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Why did you think he was in jail

The most brutal horny jail in runeterra

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

Hello guys and gals and gamer pals, welcome to the ULTIMATE S+ GUIDE TO AHRI 2022: THE WORLDS WARRIOR edition. I am the Ahri Professor, PhD. and I'll teach YOU the top tips and tricks to take your Ahri game to at least the Bronze I level. Be sure to like and subscribe, and by the way I'd like to thank ALL my Patron supporters for making this post possible. Don't forget to join us on the Discord where you can play games with me, the Ahri Professor, invite in the link down below:

Discord: https://discord.gg/DfRKdtrne3

Chapter 1: Why you should play Ahri

I guess you shouldn't, Ahri is literally unplayable and loses every matchup. Ahri is currently D tier according to u.gg, which I think is the authoritative source and final say on the matter. Yikes! But I'm built different, and you're built different too, so you can simply outplay all your opponents with skill and grace despite Riot personally flagging you for losses by always matching you against diamond yasuo smurfs with the entire enemy team camping your lane.

In actuality Ahri is a pretty flexible mid lane pick with decent range, solid CC, and very good mobility, with a lot of outplay potential while still having a very straight forward kit. This puts her into the position of being easy to learn with a high skill ceiling, which makes for a fun and rewarding character pick. She also has more skins than any other character, allowing you to always keep "looking fresh" on the 'rift! Riot has given her the role designations "Mage" and "Assassin", and that's basically what she does.

Chapter 2: The Ahri Grindset.

My general gameplan in laning phase on Ahri is to go into lane looking to relentlessly poke and push with auto attacks, Q (orb of deception) and W (foxfire), landing hits in quick succession to proc electrocute, then backing out until my CDs are back up. When my opponent gets low on HP, I look to surprise them with a charm flash and get the kill.

My secondary goal in laning phase is to wear down the enemy mid T1 turret, both to collect plate gold and to open up the map. Having the enemy’s mid T1 down opens up the enemy’s jungle, enabling you and your team to play forward and control the map. Conversely, I also want to protect my own Turret’s HP to deny my opponent this advantage.

An obvious goal throughout the whole game which bears mentioning anyway is to farm and have the most CS possible. Ahri is very good at farming creep waves and there’s a ton of gold and xp value in them. I frequently use Ahri W to secure last hits on creeps when multiple creeps are dying at the same time, being focused down by a lot of my own creeps, or are high value siege minions. It’s very good for this due to its very low mana cost, you can almost spam it on CD in lane and not run out of mana.

Level 9 is an extremely important power spike for Ahri as it’s the point where you get rank 5 Q and is the point where Q will one shot ranged minions if you’re keeping pace with your power curve. By this point you should have most of the parts for, or have completed, your mythic item. If you find yourself falling behind this power curve and no longer one-shotting ranged minions plan your back asap to buy more AP. The better you’re doing in game the easier it is to afford non-AP items like stopwatch earlier.

As laning phase ends I look to flex between hard pushing mid & the side lanes into the enemy’s turrets, warding up the enemy’s jungle, and looking for opportunities to make picks with jungle and the other lanes. Your ability to push waves is very good, and the mobility from Ahri W movespeed and R dashes means you can escape from almost any gank attempt. The purpose here is not necessarily to split push down turrets (though getting turrets may happen if they respond poorly), it’s to collect farm and force the enemy team to play back instead of making forward plays.

Look to play the corners every chance you get. Set up vision, run around a corner, and wait to see if they follow you for an easy charm combo. If you have nothing else to do at any given moment stand behind the nearest corner.

Every game and fight is different, but in team fights I tend to look for a “forward, then back” approach. I typically start out positioning very forward looking to use my mobility to make picks on out of position enemies, or follow up on initiation by our front liners, or flank around to the enemy’s backline. After making the initial pick I often look to fall back to a more traditional backliner role to do damage and peel for our ADC with charms. As the team fight concludes I either look to spend my remaining ult charges running down fleeing low health enemies or (if we’re losing) covering the team’s retreat with charms/Everfrost.

Ahri isn’t bad late game but she’s not really a super scaling hyper carry either. You will often struggle to deal with powerful late game characters 1 on 1 if you can’t close out a game and instead spend more time supporting your team with CC.

A Note on Charm Discipline: Charm is a massively important skillshot and if you whiff it you’ll lose kills which were in the bag, or die when you could have lived. If your enemy is clearly trying to juke just hold onto charm and let them waste their time with sub optimal movement while you hit them with W’s and autos. If your enemy has disjoints or CC immunity hold onto charm until after you’ve baited it out. If your team has point and click CC on hand wait until they hit cc first, then combo into it instead of trying to land the harder shot.

Chapter 3: The Ahri Toolkit.

quote:

Auto W Auto Combo

This combo ensures all of your W foxfires hit your target champion, and quickly procs 3 hits for electrocute. Available level 1 and frequently very important against melee match-ups. If you just hit W they'll often go after minions. Don't overstay the trade after completing the combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtBlOrPerA

quote:

Charm Flash Cancel (Basic)

If you try to flash and then charm your opponent it's pretty slow and they’ll probably dodge it and you’ll waste a big cooldown. Fortunately, you can extend the range and speed of your charms by using flash to cancel the animation and change the origin point, giving your opponent a lot less time to react and doge the charm.

Practice this in training tool until you get it down, and then practice it again regularly. The required timing is quick but literally anybody can do this, just mouse where you want to hit, hit charm and then mouse where you want to go and hit flash. Start as slow as you need and progressively do it faster and faster until it's burned into your muscle memory and you don't think anymore. Using Flash on D Key instead of F helps a bit with this because it's less distance for your fingers to travel between E and D.

There are more advanced versions of this, but this is the bread and butter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOrm4i3iUAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0abCE-t2Y-o

quote:

Charm Flash Cancel (Level 2)
Since the targeted area of the charm stays the same while the origin point of the charm changes, you can use this to change the angle of your charm to get past creeps and champions which might body block the hit.

There are even more advanced versions of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOyVuiNiXwQ

quote:

Turret Charm Baiting

Because charm causes enemies to walk towards you, you can often bait opponents into taking turret shots by standing near the edge of turret range, charming them, then walking them into turret. This is particularly effective against kill hungry melee characters. Simply standing in this zone instead of deeper in your turret can be incredibly powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKJQ4INNYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD7XpwvTC7c

Chapter 4: Ahri Itemization & Runes

There are a ton of viable rune and item combinations but the one I've settled into liking best right now focuses on Everfrost and high CDR. Everfrost is much easier to hit than charm, which allows you to lead with it to combo into charm, and more CC is rarely ever bad.

Electrocute is the standard Keystone rune. I tend to prefer Cheap Shot due to it’s 4 second cooldown synergizing well with charm late game, but pro players typically take taste of blood instead for better trades in lane. I prefer Ghost Poro over Eyeball Collection due to it potentially doubling the vision duration of your wards. Ultimate Hunter is, IMO, pretty much the mandatory pick, you want Ahri’s ult to be as low cooldown as possible. For secondary runes I think Transcendence in the sorcery tree is basically mandatory, its 10 CDR and resets on takedowns late game means more charms in team fights. I typically also take manaflow band for more spells in lane, but scorch is very nice for wearing down lane opponents too. Absolutely mandatory is taking 10% attack speed for your offense rune, this is crucial for last hitting, harassing in lane, and getting in turret damage.

D Ring + 2 potions is pretty much always going to be your starting items right now. Corrupting pot has fallen out of favor post nerfs.

Ideally you buy lost chapter on your first back, but if you back early or don’t have enough gold just pick up the 2 amp tomes. I really don’t like buying raw mana crystal, I’d typically rather pick up boots 1, pots or a pink ward instead.

Buy and use pink wards early, junglers will almost always make one or more gank attempts on Ahri pre level 6, especially if you’re pushing hard and bullying your lane opponent.

With your next back after completing Everfrost it’s important to pick up another amp tome in order to stay ahead of the AP curve and keep one shotting ranged minions with Ahri Q. Finishing boots 2 and buying a stopwatch without an amp tome can often put you in the position of not having enough AP to clear waves.

If the enemy team has a poor team comp of all squishy characters and I need to do burst damage to blow people up, I go Sorc shoes into Shadowflame into Deathcap. If the enemy team has a normal team comp, I go with my favored core item build of Ionian boots, Cosmic Drive, Zhonyas.

For this normal build I like to do some item buys which offer me flexibility as to whether I go Zhonyas or Cosmic Drive first. Amp tome into codex gives me CDR, followed by stopwatch, and a second amp tome. About this time a lot of team fights tend to happen, and if I get a lot of kills from them and don’t need to use stopwatch, I’ll finish the codex into an early Cosmic Drive to push my advantage. If the enemy team is focusing me heavily then I’ll instead finish Zhonyas first, after I’ve used up the stopwatch. It’s important to use the stopwatch if you can before finishing Zhonyas, as completing the item resets its cooldown. I will often sit on Zhonyas components for a bit if I haven’t had to use stopwatch yet, even if I could complete the item. I’d say my breaking point for finishing Zhonyas without having used stopwatch is about 900 gold over finishing price. At that point I could pick up another codex if I complete Zhonyas by freeing up the item slots.

After finishing Zhonyas and Cosmic Drive typically look to pick up Deathcap, or Voidstaff first if the enemy team is building a lot of MR. I also consider substituting Cosmic Drive with Banshee’s Veil if the enemy’s team has a lot of CC or AP poke/burst.

This gets you up to about 90+ Haste depending on your exact item build and rune set up.

Chapter 5: Ahri Matchups

quote:

Akali

Akali is a tricky character with lots of mobility & damage so you need to be very careful when fighting Akali, however, this match-up heavily favors Ahri when played correctly.

Abuse your range advantage to make CSing painful for Akali, she will most likely start DShield to try and mitigate this disadvantage but it should not be enough. You should be frequently tagging her with Ahri Q's, or forcing her to miss CS under threat of being Q'd.

At level 1 Akali's Q uses 130 out of her 200 total Energy, making it very expensive to use early game.

Akali Smoke Shroud W is very long cooldown (20 seconds), and does not stop her from getting hit by skill shots if you can correctly guess where she is.

Akali struggles with clearing creep waves unless she goes for an AD build with Tiamat, and AD builds are currently out of meta on her. This means she has little answer for Ahri's very strong creep wave clearing.

:siren: If you get hit by Akali's E1 (Shuriken flip) get ready to charm on reaction. If she goes in for the E2 you can charm her out of the dash midair and negate all of the damage. This is huge because Akali's E2 is one of the highest damage abilities in the game! "Accidentally" getting hit by an E1 under your turret is a great bait opportunity against Akalis who don't know or respect the match-up. A next-level Akali player can use Zhonyas midflight to immune through your charm and still get the damage but that's like a challenger Akali one trick level of play. :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgEj0yL9B9U

quote:

Fizz
Considered a difficult machup for Ahri, it can be won with discipline and range management.

Never throw out charm offensively, Fizz will playful/trickster (E) it on reaction and immediately go for the all in on you now that your defensive tool is gone. Throw out Ahri Q against him and make him chose between taking the damage or spending Fizz E on it. Once Fizz E is on cooldown you can look for the charm.

Fizz’s waveclear is poor, he needs to use E to clear minion waves which is his most important CD. Push hard to encourage him to spend his limited E’s on minions instead of fighting you.

Like all assassins, if Fizz can’t get the kills he’s looking for from you he’ll roam a lot to try and get them elsewhere. Keep his roam paths warded and yell at your teammates to react. Pushing wave punishes him for a roam.

After laning phase look to peel him off of your back line, he’ll be looking to go all in on your ADC. Remember charm discipline and hold it until he’s spent E. Encourage him to spend it early with Ahri Q and Everfrost.

quote:

Irelia

Irelia mid is a bad matchup for Ahri due to Irelia's high burst damage, lane sustain, mobility, and ability to CS like crazy.

While you can go for harass in a neutral state, you need to fear and back off when Irelia has max stacks or is about to hit max stacks off zooming through a bunch of low health creeps.

Irelia's Q puts her on the far side of you so anticipate that for skillshots.

When she ults you don't forget you have the option to just walk out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-VqmTR89o0

quote:

Sylas

I think Ahri has the disadvantage in this match-up due to Sylas' large HP pool and enormous healing. That said, I've had a lot of success winning it.

Successfully kiting and juking Sylas is key because if he gets in close enough to hit you with W he will heal up a ton and almost certainly win whatever trade you make. You need to be careful going for Ahri Auto W Auto combos because it gives him the chance to jump on you.

Sylas E1 is a powerful tool for dodging your attempts to harass him with Ahri Q, and has a follow up for initiation. If he dodges with Sylas E1 look to juke the follow up E2 chains. Sylas really doesn't have effective ranged poke, he's all about going in.

Sylas' wave clear is really bad so exploiting your advantage there is important. As he gets more desperate to clear creeps and secure CS he'll become more vulnerable to Ahri Q harass. By the time you finish your mythic the lane should be pretty painful for him. Make sure your ward coverage is good so the enemy jungler can't effectively punish you for continually pushing.

quote:

Unexpected Bruiser Mid Gimicks

Honestly I struggle with these a lot of the time. At level 1 you can poke but their HP pool will be pretty deep, don't over commit and die to minion aggro. Don't get so caught up in trying to poke early that you drop CS.

Typically they're looking to cheese you by hitting level 2 first and going for the all-in. If you die to this and they start snowballing it's all over, they will just have more number than you and it's super tilting.

Watch your mana pool, you may not have enough mana early on to actually kill some tanky/sustain characters if you're throwing out too many abilities for harass.

If you keep your cool and make it to your power spike, your Ahri Q harass will start chunking them for a lot of health and their ability to exist in lane will often rapidly vanish.

quote:

Yasuo

This can be a difficult matchup, as Windwall can delete all of your abilities. That said, there's basically no excuse to dying to Yasuo 1 on 1, if it happens you were either out of position, overstayed at low HP, or mismanaged your resources. Yasuo should never have enough stickiness to stop you from running away from a fight you don't want to pick.

Yasuo's E dash path is predictable and can be punished.

Make sure you get to lane on time, and run up to auto attack Yasuo before the minion waves meet. This means his shield will be down during the first creep wave, and he can no longer freely run up to the minions and start spamming Q's to charge up whirlwind. This will also disrupt his ability to hit level 2 first, preventing an early all in cheese attempt. Continue activating his shield with an auto attack every time it's up so he can't charge up Q stacks without paying an HP penalty in harass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDjZqrs2wis

Everfrost will travel through windwall, use it to lock him down then look to bypass the wall for the charm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvmZtnAeIFE

quote:

Zed

This match-up heavily favors Zed due to itemization, and is one of Ahri's worst match-ups overall. Your goal is to survive and deny Zed the lane kills he wants out of laning phase. If he's not getting the kills he wants from you, he will start looking for them elsewhere so wards and yelling at top and bot lane is crucial.

Level 1 and 2 you can actually bully him and throw him off balance, once he gets his full combo at level 3 he will be in control of the lane until you finish Zhonyas at 2 items which is probably well after laning phase is over.

Rushing an early Seeker's Armguard is a noob trap, the item just isn't very good even with the recent buff and it delays your mythic too much. Zed's passive execute on targets under 50% HP is magic damage which makes seeker's rush even less effective than it might otherwise be. You can buy like, a cloth armor and maybe an earlier than normal health crystal for your Everfrost. Zed will return to lane spending 1100 gold on a dirk and you'll return to lane spending 1300 gold on a lost chapter. At some point Zed will probably return to lane with a completed prowler's claw or other mythic and no boots while you're still stuck sitting on a bunch of unfinished components. The item game here is rough.

Zed's gameplan is to use his shadow clone combo to poke you with 2 Q Shurikens + E Slash to proc electrocute for heavy damage. Post-6 one good poke can often get you low enough for his next shadow combo to all-in kill so be very careful. Cooldown on shadow is 20 seconds, so there is potential for jungle ganks if he wastes it.

When Zed ults he will appear on the far side of his target in a straight line from where he ulted from, you can charm this on reaction to punish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHhf2IkyfXg

Consider banning Zed if you’re going to play Ahri.

quote:

Zoe

I think this match-up heavily favors Zoe, but there's still room to outplay and win.

Zoe has strong wave clear early by targeting your ranged minions with Zoe Q, don't stand near them and spend mana early to counter push against her. If the creep wave gets shoved into your turret it becomes a lot easier for Zoe to land harass on you and stop you from CSing.

In general, running away from Zoe only puts you in the Zoe hell zone. You need to be constantly looking to juke an important cooldown like Zoe E and go in for a trade.

Zoe also has quite a bit of damage on her empowered autos and W, so even if you successfully dodge her E and Q she can still fight back.

Don't ignite Zoe early in a fight, it gives her time to pick up your ignite and double ignite you.

Post 6 you need to be ready to respond on reaction if Zoe uses R toward you. Ahri R forward to dodge the probable incoming Zoe E, and charm Zoe's origin location which she'll be snapping back to. Even if you don't get the kill you landed your combo and hopefully dodged her's.

Every Zoe player's favorite trick is playing the corners in mid-lane. Dipping out behind the walls in mid like they're going to leave lane then launching a Q or E back at you from in the fog of war. Don't face check them (they probably have vision set up for this) and don't stand in a predictable place for the 360 q no-scope. Ward these areas in advance or the roam paths top/bot so you can see if it's an actual attempt at roaming or just bait.

Updated 9/29/2022

Lazy Fair fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 30, 2022

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Great effort post 10/10, no notes

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I want to go drinking with Ahri.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

cause baby tonight the creepers trying to steal all our stuff again

strong bird
May 12, 2009

njsykora posted:

I want to go drinking with Ahri.

I'm going to &#$% her.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can I play Tank Ahri tho

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
ah... riiiiii! is the noise i make. when shes on my team.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

lulu kicks rear end i especially love playing ultimate spellbook with her, building full AP and gaslighting my ADC by having more damage and kills than them

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
oh man I love to gaslight

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
good gaslight op (gaslight means troll)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
*farts on a match* mighty fine gaslight i tell u what

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The new udyr laugh spam is S-. Not quite on the level of nami but close

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Why would i spam laugh on any other champ than teemo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

you guys headliner is pissed at us. lets all be more responsible posters

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I'm not sure you're right. I'm going to assume headliner approves of horny posting until he posts in this thread otherwise.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pog boyfriend posted:

you guys headliner is pissed at us. lets all be more responsible posters

How many melting reddit man gifs were posted

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
Riotgames ver1.23 patchnotes for Guilty Gear Strive:

Hello, Riot Cornholio here from the Balance Team to give you another update on the upcoming patch version 1.23. We're not looking to upset the meta too much heading into EVO Weekend, so this patch will focus on high confidence changes which shouldn't radically change high level tournament play.

Buff: Potemkin MSU (Mid-Scale Rework)
We're concerned Potemkin might be having a little too much trouble against fast, agile characters like Chipp Zanuff, so we're giving him a little something to help out with that in this MSU.

New Passive: Potemkin becomes immune to hit stun upon being hit (4 second cooldown)

This should help the big man out against the little guys and make sure bustin keeps making you feel good.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

May

Totsugeki: Decreased base damage by 5

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They nailed Bridget’s VGU though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

How on earth do you clear at a decent pace as Nidalee? I got her cool Ocean Song skin from a box and her champion combat gameplay is fun but her kit is very difficult to clear the jungle with.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

How on earth do you clear at a decent pace as Nidalee? I got her cool Ocean Song skin from a box and her champion combat gameplay is fun but her kit is very difficult to clear the jungle with.

Biggest thing is using pounce and swipe

Pounce resets whenever you get a kill on something with it, or when you pounce on something marked. So your goal is to chain pounces by using traps, spears and your other moves to set up a pounce that hits everything and either hits a tagged jungle creep or kills one of them, plus q-ing jungle creeps that are marked and stuff

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

- rotate around your cooldowns so you're using everything you have - including using your trap to get an additional hunt to reset pounce again. in the monster packs it's not important to trap the big monster as long as the target doesn't die before you pounce, just make sure you have a second hunt to pounce on after your spear hunt expires
- use autoattacks
- pouncing at max hunt range prevents you from explicitly choosing your landing spot, you always end up in front of the target. if you need to i.e. hit all the raptors wait to pounce until you're close so you can land on top of all of them
- obvious one but use q as an auto reset, prioritize the hunt target for the bonus damage

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Preseason 2023 preview. Mostly a ton of QoL stuff with a few standouts:
  • Chemtech is back. Each dragon gives bonus Heal/Shield Power and Tenacity, and the Soul increases damage dealt when you're low HP. Rift changes plants to be more powerful versions of themselves (Blastcone launches twice as far, Honeyfruit no longer slows and gives a small shield, and Scryer's reveals in an AoE and grants increased movespeed towards revealed targets).
  • There's new "jungle pets" with 3 different flavors that grant stat bonuses after you've slain enough jungle camps. I think this is less Sated Devourer and more a way to provide junglers with a stat boost come midgame, since they tend to start losing out on gold/EXP once the map opens up and laners start eating their camps regularly.
  • A host of new ping options and "Objective Voting," where you can vote on whether you want to contest an objective or not. This doesn't have any ingame effect, but it's a good way of gauging what your team wants to do at any given point without the ambiguity of pings.
  • A bunch of new Mythic items, including the return of our good friend Rod of Ages and a new support tank Mythic. Tank Mythics also got a big redo with the removal of the universal Sunfire effect, so you can either itemize into Iceborn for the push or spend money on Bami's if you want the waveclear without being permanently locked into pushing.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 3, 2022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I will buy Icathia's Endurance in every single tank ARAM match.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

quote:

Leashing Range Indicators
In an effort to make the jungle more welcoming to players unfamiliar with the role, we’ll be adding visual leashing indicators that will show how far camps can be pulled before their patience starts diminishing. We’re also decreasing the distance camps can be pulled, so no more having to stand on the perfect pixel in order to hyper-optimize your jungle clears.

Huge fiddle nerf and a nerf to any jungler that AOE'd gromp/blue or red/raptors.

Otherwise good change to see the leash range.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I will buy Icathia's Endurance in every single tank ARAM match.

I hope the cooldown is based on champion combat and you're not just going to have it go on cooldown after a jungle camp or wave clear, I kinda want Sion to melt people with 4% max health as AOE damage.

quote:

Goliath’s Ascendiary (Mythic Item)
800 Health
200% Base Health Regeneration
20 Ability Haste
Colossal Consumption: Charge up a powerful attack against a champion over 3 seconds while within 600 range of them. The charged attack drains the target, dealing 50 + 10% of your maximum health as bonus physical damage and healing you for that same amount. You permanently gain maximum health equal to 15% of the drain (30 second cooldown per target) (note: Maximum health will be lost if the item is sold).
Mythic Passive: Grants all other Legendary items 1% increased health and 6% champion size

Now that will be funny on Sion, Demolish for Champions.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 3, 2022

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Played an aram as full tank leona, got 12 kills and second most damage in the game. I love her

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

SirSamVimes posted:

Here's an insanely useful google doc with every jungler's 2 or 3 best routes including videos. All the info on there now is probably gonna be moot come preseason but it gets refreshed every season so it's well worth bookmarking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Kinda concerned about these jungle changes, in particular the leash ranges. On one hand yeah, it'll be nice to newer players that want to learn how to jungle but there was a great deal of nuance to double camp clearing nearly any jungler worth a poo poo bothered to learn.

Like this red circle on each camp represents the maximum range you can kite:

And what it looks like at Blue/Gromp botside:

That thin blue line around the two camps? The moment it leaves that point it massively starts losing patience and leashes back.

My guess is they're gonna increase the ranges a bit more but their goal is to kill double camp clearing. Which if you took the time to learn it you're gonna be a bit bummed out that they're dumbing down the mastery of the role, but the goal is to increase ease of learning the role. If it stays with no kiting whatsoever either your three camp gank champs are going to be king. In particular, ranged jungle picks like Nid, Kindred, Lillia, and Taliyah are going to take a lot more damage unless they do some bigger changes to how much HP camps have or increase damage dealt by abilities to monsters on a champ by champ basis. I'm sure this part in particular is going to see a lot of tweaking though so we'll see in a few months of preseason what happens.

I don't really have much input on the stupid pets beyond I hope they're not to visually noisy and go away after X smites. I'd bet money they'll monetize them somehow to make them even more noisy or use that as a way to roll in the goofy TFT little legend things.

The Follow the Other Junglers Best Clear Paths thing is useful for new players but basically anyone paying attention can now easily track the enemy jungler as if they had fog of war off

Really in truth while having the above junk is going to be more beginner friendly it doesn't really deal with the greater problem at hand for new or autofill junglers experience. The bigger issue are the incredibly hostile teammates who are unwilling to be patient with someone unfamiliar with the role. Jungle is the hardest role to actually play well as you're essentially setting the pace for the entire game. A bad jungler makes a game miserable and a good one makes the lanes go by very easy. While nowhere near as important as how lovely people are to newcomers, it'd be a benefit to bake those camp trackers most of the third party software tracks (I'm pretty sure the Garena or Chinese servers have this baseline). I don't know why it's not in NA or the EU servers and that'll give a new player a better idea of when to return to farming in the jungle or when they can go back to an invade.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 4, 2022