Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

victorious posted:

I think Devolve would work but they'd still be immune after?

They would yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
My immediate hope after seeing the Jailer was hoping that Neeru Fireblade, but after thinking about it for a bit, it seems like the ability to summon immune 3/2s each turn in case of board clears just wouldn't be that effective. Neeru will always be inferior to the demon seed quest.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
What is more powerful nowadays: Pandaria or Legend

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I never look at deck stats anymore but is relic DH top tier? I've been crushing with it.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
The latest VS report just came out, It has relic DH in the middle of Tier 3

For more context, you can read the full report here:
https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-242/

Oenis fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 23, 2022

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Having played a shitload of Relic DH, I'd say it's problem is it really suffers specifically against the top two T1 decks. It's a really interesting, fun deck to play, but both Beast Hunter & Naga Priest poo poo on it. It's only T3 because of the pressure of them, otherwise it'd be higher.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Just got demolished by bomb warlock and it owns i want to make it

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Oh boy, new mercenaries content.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Anyone seen a deck list for an XL hunter deck that plays Quest plus Wildseeds and Secrets? I checked on d0nkey, no luck

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Mayveena posted:

Anyone seen a deck list for an XL hunter deck that plays Quest plus Wildseeds and Secrets? I checked on d0nkey, no luck

There's one on this week's vS Report: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/decks/wildseed-quest-hunter-3/

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Got to legend for the 2nd time this month. And I'm not in the 15000s like I was last time!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Thanks found it!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

Oh boy, new mercenaries content.

I can't find anything about this can someone summarize? Thank you

Edit: nevermind, it looks like the reveals for that are a few days away I just now saw a schedule - thought there had already been a reveal

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 23, 2022

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Orange Carlisle posted:

I can't find anything about this can someone summarize? Thank you

Just that we're getting Mercenaries reveals on the 26th, instead of having to hurriedly shove some previews in at the last minute when the Mercenaries community gets depressed like they did last expansion.

Also they mentioned in a forums post that they're adding the ability to turn excess coins into some kind of wildcard resource that can be turned into other coins in this expansion, and the actual PVE lategame hopefully this year.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://twitter.com/celestalon/status/1573412681654013952?s=21&t=0_TSisTsTLjuoDbtSncGfw

https://twitter.com/celestalon/status/1573413747418275840?s=21&t=0_TSisTsTLjuoDbtSncGfw

drat this would have been a crazy mechanic for a standard set. I think I'd be ok with them pushing the envelope like this though honestly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DH Legendary: 4 mana 2/6 demon battlecry your opponent can only play the left and right most cards next turn

Priest
—1 mana shadow spell that marks a minion and destroys it after you play a copied card
—4 mana 2/6 dragon deathrattle copy a card from your opponents hand
—3 mana holy spell give a minion +2/+3 and “only you can target this with spells/hero powers”

Warlock
—3 mana shadow spell discover a friendly minion that died, resurrect it with rush, it dies at the end of the turn
—2 mana fire spell that marks a minion and destroys it after you take damage
—2 mana 1/1 demon (imp) battlecry transform into a copy of a friendly Imp

Rogue
—6 mana 4/4 rush costs 1 less for each card played this turn
—2 mana secret at the start of your turn discover a secret from another class and cast it
—2 mana spell mark a minion, destroy it after another enemy minion dies

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 24, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Paging Mr. Tonk Hunter!

Hunter Legendary:

6 mana 5/4 battlecry discover a friendly deathrattle minion that died this game, trigger and gain its deathrattle

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if anybody still refused to believe that they plan minisets years in advance and are powerless to fix the meta using them...

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Paging Mr. Tonk Hunter!

Hunter Legendary:

6 mana 5/4 battlecry discover a friendly deathrattle minion that died this game, trigger and gain its deathrattle

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1573718964307369987

Of course Nathanos is Sylvanas' defense attorney. Of course he is.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
HS devs were paying more attention than the WoW devs given that Nathanos didn’t show up once during Shadowlands

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Current deathrattles aren’t really worth copying so I guess he’ll be one of those cards to watch in future expansions, though there are still 2 more Hunter cards in the mini set.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Firebert posted:

HS devs were paying more attention than the WoW devs given that Nathanos didn’t show up once during Shadowlands

Yeah he did. They killed his rear end off right near the start because nobody wanted that gross self-inset for the dev who wanted to gently caress Sylvanas in their game anymore.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Yeah he did. They killed his rear end off right near the start because nobody wanted that gross self-inset for the dev who wanted to gently caress Sylvanas in their game anymore.

He was killed prior to the expansion…which took place in the realm of death

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Firebert posted:

He was killed prior to the expansion…which took place in the realm of death

When Tyrande almost killed Sylvanas, right before her OP night warrior form wore off, she mentioned that she had killed Nathanos' soul in the maw, or so I thought.

Edit: regardless, our resident Tonk enthusiast should be happy.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I think the answer is probably "no", but I wonder if Dew Process with Shellfish and the deathrattle package will make Mill Druid a thing. I really hope so.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
To my Thief Priest opponent I just played with Quest Priest:

Sorry, friend, but I am in fact not stupid enough to finish the quest while I know you have Brann/Mutanis in hand. I'm sorry that my only 2-cost minion to combo with Kael was the second card from the bottom of my deck and that we had to stare at each other for 20 turns while I got there. You probably should have conceded the second that my Mutanis ate your Theotar.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1573718964307369987

Of course Nathanos is Sylvanas' defense attorney. Of course he is.

If he says anything but "Your honor. League Of Legends." I'mma be hella disappointed.

That said, as someone who hasn't done much Wizard Poker in years, do I come back knowing I have zero knowledge of basic deck building? These expac stories sound pleasantly cracked out of their gourds.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yuuup.... par for the course.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chernabog posted:

If you want some real-time help, I could hop on discord and spectacle at some point.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
lol paladins get a two mana Polkelt spell that also draws a card, and it’s rare instead of legendary.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Toshimo posted:

If you want some real-time help, I could hop on discord and spectacle at some point.

Nah thanks. I just have the worst RNG. Like constantly losing on 80% chance to win or getting lethaled on a 3% chance and so on.

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh

Chernabog posted:

So drat tilting. If I lose the first few combats and get bad quests I just bail.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/FenoHS/status/1573762050299494400

this is gonna be the coolest 36% winrate deck in history tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
What does the Cavalry Horn do for you there with a bunch of 1-drops in the deck? I don't think it's summons count as "played" for Kael

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

What does the Cavalry Horn do for you there with a bunch of 1-drops in the deck? I don't think it's summons count as "played" for Kael

I think the idea is that you play two 1 drops, break the weapon to pull out Kael, and then play jailer; the obvious problem is that if your deck is a bunch of 1 cost minions then it’s very likely one of them will get pulled by the horn instead of Kael

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

goferchan posted:

Because they are 1-drops, you empty your hand very fast and then play horn and swing.

Next turn you play 2x 1-drops, swing to death rattle Kael in, and play Jailer for free.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think the idea is that you play two 1 drops, break the weapon to pull out Kael, and then play jailer; the obvious problem is that if your deck is a bunch of 1 cost minions then it’s very likely one of them will get pulled by the horn instead of Kael

You play all of the one drops in your hand except two, they only cost one mana so it’s easy enough to purge your hand before breaking the horn. You do get brutalized by Viper and Theo.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

you mean i now get a bunch of immune weenie minions?!? Sign me up, chief!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Excelzior posted:

if anybody still refused to believe that they plan minisets years in advance and are powerless to fix the meta using them...

Yeah they don't plan poo poo.
https://twitter.com/Songbird_HS/status/1573464046791180288
https://twitter.com/Songbird_HS/status/1573503749796020231

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
The what now. For years they've been feeding us the lie that they are 1-2 cycles ahead.