Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Larry Parrish posted:

Who gives a gently caress about the graphics? The game looks like poo poo. Everything we've seen officially or leaked says it's gonna be gta5 except even less funny and probably more tedious too. And that game was already a serious step down from gta4.

You've seen virtually nothing so maybe don't be an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One more gamepass question. So I bought 2 years of gold off Amazon, when I got to the Xbox site it still says "upgrade for a dollar" but goes to the final screen it says I will be charged $14.99 immediately and will be charged 14.99 a month after, which doesnt even make any sense even without the deal. Is this just poorly worded/not taking into account my existing account?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
actually every time you launch a game you will be charged 599 US dollars

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

barnold posted:

actually every time you launch a game you will be charged 599 US dollars

You can't fool me. I know Sony already has the patent for that.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I loved the GTA titles until the scripted, moneygrubbing fifth one. Oh well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It did actually charge me $15 dollars when the promo said $1 :wtf:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Did the GTAs ever come back or is it just the lovely new versions forever?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will we ever get a next-gen 60fps update for Red Dead Redemption 2?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

1glitch0 posted:

Did the GTAs ever come back or is it just the lovely new versions forever?

They're back...for owners of the DEs. There are better DE's for Rockstars games if you use google. I won't link because Rockstar are hungry hungry hippos that devour mods that don't even constitute :filez:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

It did actually charge me $15 dollars when the promo said $1 :wtf:
Have you done the $1 conversion in the past? I dunno if that would even cause it, and that's still lame but idk

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Martman posted:

Have you done the $1 conversion in the past? I dunno if that would even cause it, and that's still lame but idk

Yeah I have.

I mean, one $15 charge isn't a huge deal cause it looks like my next one is oct 2024, but it should not tell me $1 and then charge me 15. Also the $15 doesnt even make sense since I already had gold

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MJBuddy posted:

You've seen virtually nothing so maybe don't be an idiot.

But I've seen the trend of the last 3 GTA games lol. Why would I expect them to suddenly reverse course?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I said come in! posted:

Will we ever get a next-gen 60fps update for Red Dead Redemption 2?
I doubt it, unfortunately :(

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The last three GTA games are Chinatown Wars, Ballad of Gay Tony, and 5. The first two of those are great.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

But I've seen the trend of the last 3 GTA games lol. Why would I expect them to suddenly reverse course?

The point is that no one has any reason to care what you think because you are acting like a knob over a game you know nothing about.

And lol at the idea that GTA 5 is "bad". I get why it's not everyones cup of tea, in fact it's not my cup of tea in a lot of ways but it looked and played super good. It was the only GTA I actually played through and didn't get bored of cause the map was really cool and driving and shooting were fun.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so if nobody cares what i think why does anybody care what you think of my thoughts.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You don’t have to know anything about GTA6 to know it’s going to be a terrible game. Continue white knighting the laziest devs on the planet if you want I guess.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lamar was the best part of gtav but any time he wasn’t on screen it was people yelling their lame bits at you or calling your phone and yelling at you. So much of the vo delivery was yelling no one speaks like a normal person. lame jokes and lame social commentary.

but rdr2 and max Payne 3 are two of my favourites so like a rube I’ll probably play gta6 at some point

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Larry Parrish posted:

Then why did you say you say your opinion in response to the GTA 6 leak and not just because the last 3 games were bad?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Lamar was the best part of gtav but any time he wasn’t on screen it was people yelling their lame bits at you or calling your phone and yelling at you. So much of the vo delivery was yelling no one speaks like a normal person. lame jokes and lame social commentary.

but rdr2 and max Payne 3 are two of my favourites so like a rube I’ll probably play gta6 at some point

Red dead 2 was so loving good
I always lol at the people that completely derailed on it due to it being slow
I liked the pacing and I liked the intentional gravity of action/story/etc

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

My favorite video game is the one where you look at a horse's balls in the snow while listening to a radio drama.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It is starting to feel a little bit like GTA is the game Rockstar make to make several billion dollars, which then gives them space to spend years making Red Dead to show off that they have real artistic talent.

Also GTA is fun and good which is why it's the biggest game ever.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Agreed. Big Bang Theory and 2 and a Half Men are my favorite TV shows.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Agreed. Big Bang Theory and 2 and a Half Men are my favorite TV shows.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I have.

I mean, one $15 charge isn't a huge deal cause it looks like my next one is oct 2024, but it should not tell me $1 and then charge me 15. Also the $15 doesnt even make sense since I already had gold

Technically the $1 deal thing was that you were getting a month of gamepass for a dollar. As a separate thing, buying a month of GPU converts whatever gold time you have on your to GPU at no charge as well.

So if you've already done the $1 thing and it's no longer available, you're only taking advantage of the second part, meaning you have to buy a month of gamepass at full freight ($15) to trigger the conversion.

Edit: it is dumb that it still says $1 though, yeah.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SilkyP posted:

Red dead 2 was so loving good
I always lol at the people that completely derailed on it due to it being slow
I liked the pacing and I liked the intentional gravity of action/story/etc

I’m playing through it a 3rd time on the steam deck and it’s just as awesome. It’s such a good and good looking game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's pretty impressive that the "laziest devs on the planet" were able to pull off RDR2 amongst all of their laziness.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The people responsible for those great games are now gone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

so if nobody cares what i think why does anybody care what you think of my thoughts.

This is a pretty good one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

It's pretty impressive that the "laziest devs on the planet" were able to pull off RDR2 amongst all of their laziness.
Different devs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The character in rdr2 moves about as lazy as possible when you try and make him

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I move like a slug and I love to drink coffee and eat crab so Arthur Morgan is the most relatable protagonist to me

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it takes some serious big brain thinking to be like oh well gta5 made a billion dollars so it's good lol. im pretty sure all of that was GTA online and much like Fortnite it's designed to make kids steal their parents credit card. they didn't sell it separately for like 5 years

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Slime rancher 2 is fun especially hoovering up chickens to shotgun at tabby cat slimes which then poop diamonds I trade for cash.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I'm sick of the Rockstar open world with a (increasingly tedious) movie attached style of game, even if the open worlds are well crafted and fun to explore for a while. Last one that worked for me was RDR1.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

it takes some serious big brain thinking to be like oh well gta5 made a billion dollars so it's good lol. im pretty sure all of that was GTA online and much like Fortnite it's designed to make kids steal their parents credit card. they didn't sell it separately for like 5 years

Lol no one even said that you moron

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

priznat posted:

Slime rancher 2 is fun especially hoovering up chickens to shotgun at tabby cat slimes which then poop diamonds I trade for cash.

just like real life!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

Lol no one even said that you moron

You ok?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

veni veni veni posted:

One more gamepass question. So I bought 2 years of gold off Amazon, when I got to the Xbox site it still says "upgrade for a dollar" but goes to the final screen it says I will be charged $14.99 immediately and will be charged 14.99 a month after, which doesnt even make any sense even without the deal. Is this just poorly worded/not taking into account my existing account?

So not regarding the $1 for a month of game pass ultimate promotion (which varies really) you do actually have to buy one Mont of game pass ultimate to your account to convert all your gold time into GPU.

You can do it even if you use a gift card 1 month game pass ultimate code. It's just you don't have that so you'll need to pay $15 immediately. You do keep that month so if you bought two years of gold and then buy one month of game pass ultimate, your sub goes for two years and one month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I really liked GTA5 back when it came out but open world games have since evolved and my tastes got better and worse and now I'm not sure what I want GTA to be. I've tried going back to it a few times and it never really stuck