Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I don’t disagree, it’s just the first AI text-to-3D I’ve seen in the wild. I wonder who else might be working on 3D AI.

I figured someone was probably hard at work on the idea, but didn’t expect it so fast (well, it’s still vaporware, but now I’ve no doubt it’s coming, if not from them, from someone else)

I was just getting into 3D modeling, now I feel like it’s just a matter of time before modelers get a kick in the balls like illustrators did :v:
There is this already: https://paperswithcode.com/paper/clipmatrix-text-controlled-creation-of-3d
https://twitter.com/NJetchev/status/1571044012018245634

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I found that if I tried something that requested too much memory it would error out but never free up the memory it grabbed so I couldn't run anything else after that, had to quit out, restart it and try something a little less resource intensive.

I had to actually close the browser and pretty much everything else to avoid running out of system RAM :v: But GPU seemed to be clear, I don't think there's much else I could've done there.

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

Forgot to post this on Monday but this is "a picture of the queen when she gate crashed my wedding party as she was staying in the same hotel!"

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/runwayml/status/1568220303808991232
https://twitter.com/runwayml/status/1572210647336882177

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Yes I was! I still don't understand why it wasn't working but whatever, I created a new environment and it was fine. Eventually I got to the point where it runs out of memory.

code:
RuntimeError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 256.00 MiB (GPU 0; 8.00 GiB total capacity; 6.16 GiB already allocated; 286.00 MiB free; 6.25 GiB reserved in total by PyTorch) If reserved memory is >> allocated memory try setting max_split_size_mb to avoid fragmentation.  See documentation for Memory Management and PYTORCH_CUDA_ALLOC_CONF
Do you know how much is actually needed? Seems like 256MB might be doable if I could improve the fragmentation situation but I also don't want to spend the night loving with it only to discover it needs 20GB or something :v: Alternatively, is there a collab I could just use for this?

I think textual inversion needs a ton of vram, but there's an issue with some info about running it with less.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The one-click tracking seems new, but the other video feels like they are awfully exaggerating since the "video" part of "text to video" is actually imported and they are just applying AI masking (which already exists, it's even available in the automatic repo) and powerpoint text on top of it.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Boba Pearl posted:

High-effort posts
Thank you and everyone else for effortposting ITT.

automatic1111 was remarkably straightforward to install and I'm blown away with how quickly the community has developed all these tools and scripts but does anyone have any inpainting advice?

I'm wondering what the best method is to fix weird hands and whatnot - do you just tightly mask the hand, or include some of the surrounding area? What about the prompt, change it to something basic like "open hand waving" or whatever?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't messed with this too much, but one benefit of the Automatic1111 build is the inclusion of the negative prompt, so you can put stuff like "three arms" or "mutant hands" there to minimize that sort of stuff.

lunar detritus posted:

The one-click tracking seems new, but the other video feels like they are awfully exaggerating since the "video" part of "text to video" is actually imported and they are just applying AI masking (which already exists, it's even available in the automatic repo) and powerpoint text on top of it.

The tracking also isn't particularly impressive either. I mean it's cool and better than what I used in After Effects years ago but not like mindblowing AI poo poo.

lunar detritus posted:

I think textual inversion needs a ton of vram, but there's an issue with some info about running it with less.

Ooh thanks, I'll try it out.

E: the resolution was already at 256 :(

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 24, 2022

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

code:
20mm art photo of an ancient, dirty and ruined DeLorean car, doors missing, wheels removed, 
covered in reeds and vines, a beautiful tree growing through the top of the car. 
The car is abandoned in a lush forest, reflecting in a clear stream below. Drops of water on leaves.
Steps: 97, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 19.5, Seed: 1408839380, Size: 1024x1024,
Model hash: 7460a6fa, Denoising strength: 0.7

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
"Close up of shelves filled with many different kinds of objects of different shapes and sizes and colors, photo realistic, studio lighting, in the style of Brian Froud, Photorgraphy by andreas gursky"

"a tower, 100 tower, -100"

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I don’t disagree, it’s just the first AI text-to-3D I’ve seen in the wild. I wonder who else might be working on 3D AI.

I figured someone was probably hard at work on the idea, but didn’t expect it so fast (well, it’s still vaporware, but now I’ve no doubt it’s coming, if not from them, from someone else)

I was just getting into 3D modeling, now I feel like it’s just a matter of time before modelers get a kick in the balls like illustrators did :v:

I've been playing with Disco Diffusion's animation to spin a camera and 'rotate-around-a-point'. Then feed the images to Meshroom (free pictures-to-model software) to attempt to pull out a model. I've gotten close, but no full model just yet.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I did an experiment with upscaling video with Real-ESRGAN 4x plus. Results were not great.
Original
https://i.imgur.com/xik2Ool.mp4
Upscaling with Real-ESRGAN 4x plus Experiment
https://i.imgur.com/P8uCdPQ.mp4

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Just wondering.

How did material artists take it when digital art got to the point where it was hard to tell between a photo of real artwork and output from Photoshop?

I know that when every new genre of physical art came out, everyone hated it and did not accept abstract, pointillism, and even realism for a good while in each case.

As an example, German around the 1920s-1930s constantly made exhibits for "degenerate" art of not only Polish/Jews but also Germans who made art using such genres like abstract and anything not modernist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_art posted:

During the dictatorship of Adolf Hitler, German modernist art, including many works of internationally renowned artists, was removed from state-owned museums and banned in Nazi Germany on the grounds that such art was an "insult to German feeling", un-German, Freemasonic, Jewish, or Communist in nature

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

EVIL Gibson posted:

Just wondering.

How did material artists take it when digital art got to the point where it was hard to tell between a photo of real artwork and output from Photoshop?

I know that when every new genre of physical art came out, everyone hated it and did not accept abstract, pointillism, and even realism for a good while in each case.

As an example, German around the 1920s-1930s constantly made exhibits for "degenerate" art of not only Polish/Jews but also Germans who made art using such genres like abstract and anything not modernist.

My brother-in-law is a moderately well-known illustrator with a couple of well-received graphic novels, a whole bunch of New Yorker covers, and other stuff, and he switched to Photoshop as soon as there was an Oil Paint filter. He loves the speed and freedom to try thirty different concepts and not waste materials doing it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
making xbox 360 era shooter covers

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

After a bit of loving around gently caress you Python! finally got that Automatic1111 local install working. Early days yet but it's pretty nice and even on my 6Gb 1660 non super from three or four years ago I can make 512x512 in 15 seconds.

It's also just very nice to not be tied to credits or whatever. It's psychological to some extent but it feels significantly easier to just throw poo poo at it when it's "free".

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dick And Balls, beautiful lighting, Greg Rutkowski

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

goatse, his cheeks spread wide, ((((ring))))

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I got some beautiful Halloweeny images from SD but I used the Greg Rutkowski prompt and it feels like cheating

E: I also learned my initial headache with ram issues with SD was because the mobile 3060ti has only 6gb of vram, not 8 :(

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 25, 2022

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Yosemite Sam Xbox Videogame cover

The roughest, toughest, mean ol’ hombre to ever jump a claim.... motherFUCKER

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dick And Balls, beautiful lighting, Greg Rutkowski

pixaal posted:

goatse, his cheeks spread wide, ((((ring))))

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I did an experiment with upscaling video with Real-ESRGAN 4x plus. Results were not great.
Original
https://i.imgur.com/xik2Ool.mp4
Upscaling with Real-ESRGAN 4x plus Experiment
https://i.imgur.com/P8uCdPQ.mp4

The trick is that the Photo GANs aren't temporally stable so you get shimmer and artifacting from that. You really have to use a recurrent model built for sequential data or video. The other catch there is that most models right now are built by starting with good video and crapping it up so they have ground truth.

The problem being they, well, suck at crapping up video realistically. They almost universally just down-rez it and maybe, if they are feeling frisky, blur it a little bit. Real SD video is usually covered with all sorts of compression artifacts so even state of the art video upscalers usually eat poo poo if you don't do some work ahead of time to clean up the source as much as you can.

I took your video and ran this an ESRGAN 1x_NMKD_dejpeg_Jaywreck3-Lite_320k pass (cleans up blocking and JPEG like artifacts, one of the better general purpose one of these I've found even for non-JPEG). Ran PaddleGAN's implementation of PPMS-VSR on the now much cleaner input to do the super-resolution and frame blending. Ran it through a downscale in Handbrake back down to 720p to get it back down to web postable size. Then went over to FFMPEG and muxed the original audio back onto the new video file. Finally I ran one last pass and remux with ESRGAN using 1x_Sayajin_DeJPEG_300k_G to color correct it.

Even after all that the results are better but still only mediocre. Most noticeably on the shots where lots of small text is visible. Even in the original video those fine details are destroyed and the AI just doesn't have enough info to properly restore it so it still smudgy.

https://i.imgur.com/Otu2lmk.mp4

Imgurs compression makes it look a little worse but its not much better than that raw unfortunately. Arguably at this resolution its kind of a moot point and just some back belocking/bebanding/CAS sharpening in Handbrake would give as good or better results.

Edit: Also Imgur seems to have ignored the aspect ratio settings on that upload but I'm too lazy to fix it rn so you get stretched rear end widescreen I guess.

Edit2: OK I lied it was bothering me so I fixed it.

Objective Action fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 25, 2022

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

run it through LDSR and report back in a year when it's done

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Have some neat combat mechs in a cyberpunk city:

"Combat Mech, tech, ruined cyberpunk city, twilight lighting , octane render, ultra detailed"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I have to say, I've been using tech for decades, and this is the first time it seriously feels like actual magic

Like it's going into another dimension and pulling images from some other universe. Or casting a spell, summoning illusions with words. Writing prompts into my black spellbook. I know how computers work, but I don't know how it does *this* (I've been watching some ML videos, and I get the concepts, but it still blows my mind when it makes a perfect image)

:goonsay:

... so yeah, I really like it, particularly as someone who is not gifted in art but does enjoy art

BTW If anyone has an M1 mac, they got it running on apple silicon (really alpha, but it works)

https://diffusionbee.com/

It's not nearly as good as the Windows offerings yet, but promising

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Like it's going into another dimension and pulling images from some other universe.

This should be right up your alley then.
Link for large picture. https://imgur.com/a/yIUnxEl

I can't wait to feed this thing every single Heavy Metal comic.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Regarding negative prompting: I've been wondering how it tags certain phrases. For instance, if you want better hands by negative prompting "bad hands", will it simply give you less hands because it reads the word "hands" as its own negative tag?

I'm inclined to believe that this might be the case, because in the SD beta they showed how our prompts were being processed, and each word was read as a separate tag.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a single word for deformed hands in any language?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

KinkyJohn posted:

Regarding negative prompting: I've been wondering how it tags certain phrases. For instance, if you want better hands by negative prompting "bad hands", will it simply give you less hands because it reads the word "hands" as its own negative tag?

I'm inclined to believe that this might be the case, because in the SD beta they showed how our prompts were being processed, and each word was read as a separate tag.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a single word for deformed hands in any language?

Ectrodactyly

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

KinkyJohn posted:

deformed

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

KinkyJohn posted:

Just like a real artist, the best way to not draw hosed up hands is not to draw them at all…

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't actually done img2img until now since using it was awkward in the build I've been using. It's pretty interesting how much it does dictate the composition, but still allows a ton of variation in the subjects and little details.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Just like a real artist, the best way to not draw hosed up hands is not to draw them at all…

:hmmyes:

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I really want to see some Mars Volta lyrics in these because it's all gibberish anyway preferably from their first album deloused in the comatorium

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I tried to create The Mars Volta with "a photo of pretension incarnate wearing a helmet made of curly hair" but Dall-E didn't get what I was going for at all sadly

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

The biggest properly tagged data goldmine of images surely belong to the stock image behemoths like Shutterstock. This makes me wonder what their future plans are in an ai world.

They could make their own dataset and ai model to sell, but they will probably be outcompeted by true open source projects.

You get 750 images per month on their subscription plan. So if there were a community of stock image users contributing whatever they downloaded each month into a database, you can quickly build a high quality and properly tagged stock image dataset.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KinkyJohn posted:

The biggest properly tagged data goldmine of images surely belong to the stock image behemoths like Shutterstock. This makes me wonder what their future plans are in an ai world.

They could make their own dataset and ai model to sell, but they will probably be outcompeted by true open source projects.

You get 750 images per month on their subscription plan. So if there were a community of stock image users contributing whatever they downloaded each month into a database, you can quickly build a high quality and properly tagged stock image dataset.

Getty Images banned AI art and they are making a stink about all of it being a violation of copyright so the technology should be banned or restricted to billionaires or something
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/09/fearing-copyright-issues-getty-images-bans-ai-generated-artwork/

wait for it
Feb 21, 2021

Boba Pearl posted:

I will write you one my friend.

First Requirements for the thing I'm using:

Windows, Nvidia card

there's linux and amd distros, but I don't know how to use that.

Ok, go here:

https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui/

Unzip this to it's own folder. You download it by clicking Code and then download zip

It has all the following links, but it doesn't super explain it

You're going to need two models, you want the Full EMA I believe, though someone will tell me the differences I'm sure.

https://huggingface.co/CompVis/stable-diffusion-v-1-4-original

https://github.com/TencentARC/GFPGAN/releases/download/v1.3.0/GFPGANv1.3.pth

Put this file in the same folder as the files from the git link So it should be in the same directory as all the files from stable diffusion. As in webui.py webui.bat and your model file should all be in the same directory. Also, rename the 1.4 model you downloaded to model.ckpt. GFPGANv1.3.pth should remain the name it has.

You need to run and install python 3.10.6 https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/

You need to run and install git (64 git bit for windows setup) https://git-scm.com/download/win

and you'll need the Cuda Toolkit 11.3 (Windows, x86_64, version 10) https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-11.3.0-download-archive?target_os=Windows&target_arch=x86_64

run webui.bat from Windows Explorer.

Any chance this could get added to the op?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Corporations freaking out too late and screaming "AI must be illegal!" is going to be a common refrain.

Digitization and automation aren't stopping. No one should be surprised when the leopard turns and eats their face.

Unless we get great filtered the information age is here to stay.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Rutibex posted:

Getty Images banned AI art and they are making a stink about all of it being a violation of copyright so the technology should be banned or restricted to billionaires or something
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/09/fearing-copyright-issues-getty-images-bans-ai-generated-artwork/

Progress is inevitable.

Adapt or perish.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
aren't Getty Images pretty infamous for stealing poo poo?

edit:

https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-getty-copyright-20160729-snap-story.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Yeap pretty much all of the stock image corps are screwed. But to be fair, gently caress them. They have hosed over photographers and artists for the longest time, thanks for paying me less than 10 cents royalties per image used :thumbsup:

They even crowdsource their image tagging by making you meticulously tag and name everthing yourself.

Which is why it would be the sweetest twist of fate if the "crowd" sources back their tags to build a stock image model that will put them out of business