Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
lightgun games FTMFW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I was the only person I've ever known to own this lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

A friend in middle school had it and it kicked rear end

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

i think time crisis 2 is more nostalgic for me and a solid sequel, but time crisis 1 is crazy good. solid arcade game thats never unfair and a nice 14ish min run time

have you played Vampire Night

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

45) Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

What a great game. I would have played this much earlier if I realized you got to build up a little town and recruit folks.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jelly, that game pwned

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

have you played Vampire Night

nope, but it is.on my ps2 hard.drive ready to go

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

39) Doom (SNES) by Williams. Hurt Me Plenty

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

39) Doom (SNES) by Williams. Hurt Me Plenty

it hurt me plenty too

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's so insidious how the pain doesn't even set in until you stop playing. I finished Doom (SNES) last night and then loaded up GZDoom and got my first UV clear toight.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kirby: Planet Robobot - all EX levels completed, all data cubes collected. Forgot to post when I beat this earlier today. Almost certainly my favorite of the Kirby games I've played. Before playing I was concerned about how the robot would play but it's more or less the same as Kirby, just with slightly different movement mechanics and a new set of movesets for each copy ability in the game. Combat is easy like most Kirby games but all the puzzles and optional challenges were really satisfying to complete. Looking forward to picking up the new game soon.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Kirby: Planet Robobot - all EX levels completed, all data cubes collected. Forgot to post when I beat this earlier today. Almost certainly my favorite of the Kirby games I've played. Before playing I was concerned about how the robot would play but it's more or less the same as Kirby, just with slightly different movement mechanics and a new set of movesets for each copy ability in the game. Combat is easy like most Kirby games but all the puzzles and optional challenges were really satisfying to complete. Looking forward to picking up the new game soon.

The arena you unlock in these games usually has a bit more difficult combat and some new bosses. The "True" final boss in Robobot is really something special

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma - review
18. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard, D rank) - review
19. Kirby Super Star (77%, basic completion on all games including minigames and Arena)
20. Castlevania: Bloodlines (1CC, Normal, Eric Lecarde)
21. Super Mario RPG

had to level up a couple of times to 20 before i could beat smithy :frogbon:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

did you beat the superboss

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

did you beat the superboss

No

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

He's cool to see in game, you should look him up at the very least. It was a fun childhood moment in the game stumbling upon him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs

• Tangerine Nightmare (9 levels for Doom II, 2017, UVmax pistol start). 4/5. an absolute blast, a unique theme, great levels with a huge variety of encounter designs and visual flair. the huge cave level coulda been a standalone release, which is a little draining as it caps off a fairly difficult set of levels, but it was a joy to explore. last level is a great slaughter gauntlet style explosion, really had a great time with this set.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

He's cool to see in game, you should look him up at the very least. It was a fun childhood moment in the game stumbling upon him.

I've beat him before just not this playthrough

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

I've beat him before just not this playthrough

I feel like you've explained this like 5 times in the past 2 days lol

:) : I beat Mario RPG.
:blastu: : DID YOU BEAT THE SPECIAL MAN

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol. I'm being patient

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

the time crisis port on PSX has like an entire second mode I remember liking

my parents bought me a lightgun psx controller as a kid so i bought one of the time crisis games or a similar one. There was a dude in the first stage who appeared out of cover at like the very left edge of the screen, and no matter what i did i couldnt hit him. after trying to calibrate it over and over, and after months of not playing the game due to frustration, i finally realized that my controller had infrared lights on either side of the lightguns barrel, and when i aimed at the edges of the screen, one of them would be aiming outside the screen, making the tracking completely go to poo poo lol. I cant remember if aiming the gun sideways fixed it or made the tracking go nuts, but i dont recall ever getting past the first stage.

e: i remember the first stage was like on a ship and after googling turns out it was time crisis project titan

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 25, 2022

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Lol. I'm being patient

ah apoligies

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

18. Legacy of the Wizard (nes)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lets hang out posted:

drat

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lets hang out posted:

awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played LotW as a kid and it seemed so massive and mysterious

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lets hang out posted:

Whoa, I've never heard of this game, it looks badass!

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

lets hang out posted:

impossible

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Leadthumb posted:

Whoa, I've never heard of this game, it looks badass!

yeah same. ambitious as hell for 1987

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lets hang out posted:

drat, good work

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Legacy of the Wigger

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Legacy of the Wigger

Lol but I also said Whoa out loud.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Legacy of the Wigger

its not wednesday

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Legacy of the Wigger

So unnecessary lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

my parents bought me a lightgun psx controller as a kid so i bought one of the time crisis games or a similar one. There was a dude in the first stage who appeared out of cover at like the very left edge of the screen, and no matter what i did i couldnt hit him. after trying to calibrate it over and over, and after months of not playing the game due to frustration, i finally realized that my controller had infrared lights on either side of the lightguns barrel, and when i aimed at the edges of the screen, one of them would be aiming outside the screen, making the tracking completely go to poo poo lol. I cant remember if aiming the gun sideways fixed it or made the tracking go nuts, but i dont recall ever getting past the first stage.

e: i remember the first stage was like on a ship and after googling turns out it was time crisis project titan

that controller sounds insane, im glad my parents got me an official gcon and i played so much time crisis and point blank as a kid i basically sleep walked through my runs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

lets hang out posted:

:stare: