Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Just finished the 3rd series. Personally I love when Jeremy scores a task by giving them all 5, it's the same as giving them all 0, and I'm sure that's on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Jeremy doesn't get impish enough with the scoring. There are hints of it here and there, but Greg has absolutely scored things in ways merely because it gives him joy to spite you, the viewer.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Series 14 is almost here. But who are the people from this promo image who constitute our panel for the series? Well, here are some tiny biographies and links to episodes of Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast hosted by a Champion of Champions winner (Ed: is this right?) and/or Off-Menu podcast hosted by Ed
Gamble a Champion of Champions last place finisher and Taskmaster alumnus James Acaster.

Dara Ó Briain
The recently unemployed host of Mock the Week and other panel shows
RHLSTP | Off-Menu

Fern Brady
Scottish stand-up and by contrast panel show panellist
RHLSTP | Off-Menu

John Kearns
Stand-up, co-host of Guessable and also "The Colonel" from Tim Key's recent poetry diaries.
RHLSTP | Off-Menu

Munya Chawawa
Viral video star and stand up comedian.
RHLSTP | Off-Menu

Sarah Millican
Rounding out the panel is household name and eponymous star of The Sarah Millican Television Programme
RHLSTP | Off-Menu

Still accepting suggestions for a new thread title...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Munya just had a part in The Sandman as demon Choronzon!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Heavy_D posted:

The recently unemployed host of Mock the Week and other panel shows

The what?

S21E01 synopsis posted:

Dara O Briain and Hugh Dennis present the first episode of the long-running topical comedy show's final series. They are joined by Rhys James, Maisie Adam and Ed Byrne.

Gosh

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Heavy_D posted:

Still accepting suggestions for a new thread title...

Taskmaster S14 -- It's MEGA Bus Time!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Kongen Befaler started again last night. Espen and Henriette are both comedy legends in their own right, but the three others suffer from Westerdals-syndrome. They have no practical or life skills, but have had a media/entertainment education, got a TV/radio gig straight out of school, and must entertain you at any cost, usually by being the most disruptive and loudest in the room.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Le Maître du Jeu (Taskmaster Québec) also begun last night.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Pablo Bluth posted:

Le Maître du Jeu (Taskmaster Québec) also begun last night.

Their taskmaster is rather... petite :cheeky:

https://www.noovo.ca/emissions/le-maitre-du-jeu/tout-le-monde-gagne-s1e1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3NO5HOlJT8

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
man the quebecois accent is disgusting. first ep was pretty good (lol at jo's prize), but they're just reusing tasks from the uk.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

evobatman posted:

Kongen Befaler started again last night. Espen and Henriette are both comedy legends in their own right, but the three others suffer from Westerdals-syndrome. They have no practical or life skills, but have had a media/entertainment education, got a TV/radio gig straight out of school, and must entertain you at any cost, usually by being the most disruptive and loudest in the room.

I liked that one of the contestants is so non famous that the production crew mistook him for the new chef.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Taskmaster UK season 15 cast (airing March 2023)

Frankie Boyle
Ivo Graham
Jenny Eclair
Kiell Smith-Bynoe
Mae Martin

Genericide fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 24, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ugh, Jenny Eclair

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Is that a leak from a studio recording? I'm amazed at how well they keep it under wraps. If I lived or worked in London I'd be tempted to go by the house every day just to try and catch a sight of future contestants.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i don't know most of those folks but Mae Martin owns and feels like someone who might be really good at this

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Pablo Bluth posted:

Is that a leak from a studio recording? I'm amazed at how well they keep it under wraps. If I lived or worked in London I'd be tempted to go by the house every day just to try and catch a sight of future contestants.

I seem to recall seeing photos of Alex and Jenny Eclair on a canal boat about 6 months ago or so.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Never thought they'd get or in fact want #1 on that list but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I can't imagine what'll happen when #1 and #3 get going in the same room together. As usual I've heard of #5 but don't know where from and #2 and #4 I've never heard of and can barely say their names.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I can't imagine what'll happen when #1 and #3 get going in the same room together. As usual I've heard of #5 but don't know where from and #2 and #4 I've never heard of and can barely say their names.
#4: Kiell Smith-Bynoe is in BBC's Ghosts, where he's the husband to series 11's Charlotte Ritchie.
#5: Mae Martin was in Feel Good, where she has a relationship with series 11's Charlotte Ritchie.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I am totally happy with that cast and Ivo will either be hugely competent or fall apart.

thehustler fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 24, 2022

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

thehustler posted:

I am totally happy with that cast and Ivo will either be hugely competent or fall apart.

Yeah I'm not sure if he'll be an Ed Gamble try-hard or the posh person they make look as dumb as possible.

Mae Martin will be interesting. They fell apart on Canada's version of LoL and was the first person eliminated. Not sure how they'll do with TM pressure.

Leatherhead fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 25, 2022

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Leatherhead posted:

Yeah I'm not sure if he'll be an Ed Gamble try-hard or the posh person they make look as dumb as possible.

Mae Martin will be interesting. They fell apart on Canada's version of LoL and was the first person eliminated. Not sure how they'll do with TM pressure.
They came out non-binary last April by the way.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Katherine Parkinson showed you can be totally out of your depth, fall flat on your face and the TM producers will find a way to make "Yes, I'll be on TM" look like a wise decision. just don't bring in any home-made clay face masks

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
If TM has taught us anything, you really can't tell who will be good or bad until it happens.
I have always thought X or Y would be terrible, but ends up being one of the best of the lot, or has good episodes or such.

And holy poo poo just noticed they have Denmark/Sweden/Norway first series on their YT channel!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I think Eclair will surprise everyone and be lovely and funny.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i have zero preconceptions about frankie. i like him but he seems like a weird pick – doesn't really belong to either the 'statesman' or 'quirky' tm archetypes!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'd say he's close to statesman territory - back in the day he was arguably the main reason many people watched Mock the Week

e: added spoiler tags

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 26, 2022

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Bertha the Toaster posted:

They came out non-binary last April by the way.

Ah, noted and corrected, thanks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Leatherhead posted:

Ah, noted and corrected, thanks.

Don’t worry, Mae uses they/them and she/her pronouns, saying saying, be "I love it when people say 'they' but I don't mind 'she' at ALL."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

For anyone who can't wait for the new season to start, good news, there's 380 unofficial episodes you can read all about,

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Taskmaster%20(UK%20TV)%20RPF/works

To be fair, a lot of the episode titles do work pretty well for this kind of thing.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

exmarx posted:

i have zero preconceptions about frankie. i like him but he seems like a weird pick – doesn't really belong to either the 'statesman' or 'quirky' tm archetypes!

Wouldn't surprise me if that person was in, since Greg Davies has said on a few different occasions that he'd like to have that person as a contestant.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

The World Inferno posted:

For anyone who can't wait for the new season to start, good news, there's 380 unofficial episodes you can read all about,

*LINK*

To be fair, a lot of the episode titles do work pretty well for this kind of thing.

Might wanna mark that as NSFW. I had no idea what that was from the URL.

Also, we filmed our live portion yesterday. It went pretty well I think, so long as our audio and video turned out.

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 26, 2022

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Looking forward to it Superrodan!

Quick foreign franchise roundup before the show returns to the UK

Kongen Befaler kicked off their sixth season and continues to impress. Every task except the live one was original - I particularly enjoyed their prize task category: "The thing that you don't deserve".

I've seen a couple of episodes of Taskmaster Quebec and it's certainly been faithful to the format: prize task, live task, five fixed panellists, and apparently team tasks (although none have aired yet). You'll have seen most of the tasks before - the most obscure thing was the prize in the second episode was "the ugliest thing you own", which has apparently been seen before, but only in the Belgian version. The cast seem to be good at the in-studio banter, and the taskmaster puts his stamp on awarding points by overriding the objective side of a task at will: he'll give five points to the bridge that actually looks like a bridge, and give the one that got the potato highest second place.

Stormester still hasn't quite started airing yet, but they've released some exciting news in the meantime. They will be the first international version of the show to have a Champion of Champions, bringing back the S1-5 winners for four (!) episodes in the near future. They have also teased four more episodes with returning panellists but kept their exact identities secret. Suspect this is the oft suggested "Loser of Losers" or something in that mould - fingers crossed they got Heino back.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait I thought there was a post about s15 not happening until April, it's actually in a couple days???

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

No, 15 is airing in March.

14, on the other hand, kicks off in a couple days!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

No, 15 is airing in March.

14, on the other hand, kicks off in a couple days!

Speaking of which, fresh off the press, it's Dara O'Brain, or however you spell his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMtfwXWQyiA

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's Dara O'Noyoudidnt

nerox
May 20, 2001
https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1570064960985628674

Spoiler for something in the preview video in case some people don't watch it:

@23 seconds the guy is in a caravan reading a task that says "Eat the Grape" and I really hope they are doing the TM NZ task.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fun first episode! Doesn't feel like quite as strong a cast as last season, but some good laughs so far.

Did they ever say what the tenth movie was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Tenebrais posted:

Fun first episode! Doesn't feel like quite as strong a cast as last season, but some good laughs so far.

Did they ever say what the tenth movie was?

It was Se7en, because of the head in a box.