Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

acksplode posted:

I love how bleakly cynical Hardspace Shipbreaker is. When the shuttle in the opening cutscene had to punch through a layer of orbital trash, I knew this game was gonna speak to me.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I tried it on Steam and it was kind of weird but something about breaking ships while sittin' on the couch just seems way more appealing

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You guys are making me want to play hardspace but I watched some vids and I don't know if the gameplay would appeal to me at all. I dig the theme though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I played it a little bit on PC and I mostly just accidentally threw pieces of debris into deep space

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You pretty quickly get a tool that makes pieces basically suck themselves into the targets, it saves a lot of aiming

The ships are like piles of minor puzzles, there’s right and wrong ways to take them apart. If you do it a little wrong you miss out on some money but if you do it REALLY wrong you get seriously injured or killed (on top of missing out on a lot of money). I’ve played enough zero G games that I picked up the basics really fast and now it’s fun going “ah, I’ve seen this before, there must be a cut point *here* and *here*” like a grizzled space mechanic

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah many ships seem weirdly difficult to get started on at first (I usually try to get a floor cut out first so I can empty the innards easily) until you explore the ship a bit through its various doors and airlocks. Eventually you enter a crawl space between outer and inner hull and it’s game on from there.

I just got to class II nuclear reactor removal and let me just say what the gently caress nightmare fuel is that. Defuse a coolant bomb. Flush fuel before disconnecting thrusters or you’re in a pool of fire. Cut yourself an exit strategy and then very carefully peel that egg and yeet that fuckin thing into the barge while it intermittently blasts radiation out at you.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

haveblue posted:

grizzled space mechanic

Mods name change please

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

You guys are making me want to play hardspace but I watched some vids and I don't know if the gameplay would appeal to me at all. I dig the theme though.

It's like if Power Wash Simulator was challenging and more satisfying and had a near future sci fi setting, but it's still a labor simulator under all of that. I'm liking it until I screw up and then I'm instantly demoralized enough to stop playing. I just chucked a computer worth like an eighth of a ship's value into a furnace :dumb:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Casnorf posted:

gonna screenshot all of these for when bust comes back and you all act like youre better than him

screenshots for when bust inevitably does something truly vile and everybody has to pretend they hated them all along

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also fun: making a perfect precise cut and not realizing that your cutter has enough range to hit the large fuel tank directly behind the thing you’re cutting

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

It's extremely sim, a physics puzzle game with rather complex rules and controls and sudden consequences for not paying enough attention, but also some great storytelling via mechanics and environments. It's a very flow-state game that encourages being clever and understanding safe order of disassembly. The hard scifi trappings and anticorporate vibes are icing on the cake.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Guillermus posted:

Kingdom Come Deliverance for 5.99€, yay or nay?
Yeah, King Dumb Cum is fairly entertaining. It has an interesting 1st person melee combat system with a bunch of different weapon types, the story is kinda silly but in a good way.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

housemate playing Ace Combat 7 here, skipping all the cutscenes and then asking me “what’s going on?!”
hate to see it

In their defense, even after watching them all, I was like, "what's going on?!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ask them what color is the sky up there

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

finished Horizon 1. What a great game. Character action at its finest.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Hardspace is just putting your Legos away. That's an endorsement!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Lol. What

https://twitter.com/NetflixAnime/status/1573896580507344896?t=wI3AL9HMDiJy-MBZOBpNJg&s=19

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Arkane is in a league of its own when it comes to creating intricate exploration zones

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

noice

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Too many animes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope Capcom ports Onimusha 2&3 since they did the first one like four years ago and never bothered with any more. I'd like to try 4 without the poo poo they did to the western version too.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

If you only know Miike as a legendary splatter director of Audition and Ichi the Killer you should know he also has had a late-career resurgence directing essentially live-action off-brand Sailor Moon DTV Disney movies that are doing Marvel movie numbers in Japan so this definitely tracks.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I confused him with beat Takeshi before so you should imagine my confusion thinking beat was doing jojo and sailor moon live action shows

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
For those having issue with quasar engines, there's a somewhat safer way to do things that won't end up with engines exploding: use a coolant canister from the side of the engine to freeze the fuel lines before you pull the thing out that's blocking access to the shut off valve.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How do you use coolant canisters to cool things? The only things I've found to do with them are a) collect them and remove them from the world b) yeet them off into space c) get sprayed by a ruptured one and die. And yeeting them at the burning pipes doesn't seem to do anything

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Finally found some time to check out the Ghost of Tsushima DLC. I thought it would take me way longer to get back into all the combat mechanics, but after like three encounters I was back changing stances out of muscle memory, parrying blue attacks while tagging someone with some kunai and sending explosive arrows to bunch of archers.

God the combat in Ghost of Tsushima flows (and controls) so incredibly well!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

haveblue posted:

How do you use coolant canisters to cool things? The only things I've found to do with them are a) collect them and remove them from the world b) yeet them off into space c) get sprayed by a ruptured one and die. And yeeting them at the burning pipes doesn't seem to do anything

Grab it and whack it on something to crack it open then aim the spray?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PS4, and Xbox One, discs of Cyberpunk 2077 are $10 at GameStop. Next gen upgrades are free.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/cyberpunk-2077---playstation-4/202330.html

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

PS4, and Xbox One, discs of Cyberpunk 2077 are $10 at GameStop. Next gen upgrades are free.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/cyberpunk-2077---playstation-4/202330.html

I did this when 1.5 came out and it was the best 10$ I spent. Game's well worth that amount now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah, King Dumb Cum is fairly entertaining. It has an interesting 1st person melee combat system with a bunch of different weapon types, the story is kinda silly but in a good way.

Thanks! Will give it a try when I come back home in a few days

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rinkles posted:

Buy this game!!!

tuo posted:

Finally found some time to check out the Ghost of Tsushima DLC. I thought it would take me way longer to get back into all the combat mechanics, but after like three encounters I was back changing stances out of muscle memory, parrying blue attacks while tagging someone with some kunai and sending explosive arrows to bunch of archers.

God the combat in Ghost of Tsushima flows (and controls) so incredibly well!

It’s my favorite melee combat ever I think. When you hit a flow state with it it’s sooo satisfying and smooth. Every button press feels awesome. The rhythm of the combat in GoT is special.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cant stop playing stellaris...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

....send help

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Buy this game!!!

OTOH, don't buy this game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It's a good game.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I picked up Hardspace: Shipbreaker and got myself sucked into the Processor twice

Controls aren't quite what I would have expected, but they're less confusing to me than when I tried it on Steam, so that's good.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's a good game.

:yeah:

Especially with 1.6. It's has proper transmog now! The combat is still merely OK.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shrecknet posted:

If you only know Miike as a legendary splatter director of Audition and Ichi the Killer you should know he also has had a late-career resurgence directing essentially live-action off-brand Sailor Moon DTV Disney movies that are doing Marvel movie numbers in Japan so this definitely tracks.

He directed the Yakuza adaptation in 2007, this is entirely expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9hwuJ4nAcM

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Macichne Leainig posted:

I picked up Hardspace: Shipbreaker and got myself sucked into the Processor twice

I got sucked in a few times during my first hour before I realized that you can grab the sides with R1/L1 and climb out in a pinch.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Word of warning: Do not play Syndicate on PS5. As far as I’m aware the enormous problems with the dynamic time of day lighting were never patched. Almost every shadow in the game flickers in and out of existence multiple times a second and it really sucks.

Apparently Ubisoft is looking into trying to fix this now, I think because they want all the AC games available on PS+ Extra / their Ubisoft+ platform whenever it launches. Assuming they don't give up on fixing it, my guess is for either October or November they'll announce it as a PS+ Extra game for that month along with "oh yeah and we fixed it on PS5 now", and also probably Odyssey one of those months as well.

I just completed a fresh playthrough of AC Origins without DLC on PS5, game looks drat good at 60fps but there's a bit of physics fuckery that crops up on rare occasions since it's both a Ubisoft game and also an unlocked game whose PS4 version was built for 30fps. I think having the game on an SSD helps a little for this, but not completely.

Note that with both Origins and Odyssey, if you have a save game that has DLC installed you can't then use it for PS+ Game Streaming (or in any situation where you lose access to the DLC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I got sucked in a few times during my first hour before I realized that you can grab the sides with R1/L1 and climb out in a pinch.

I figured out how to grab with L1 and hang on for dear life, but I didn't seem to be able to grab with R1.

I did have my grabber tool out and it couldn't pull me out of the thing though. I probably needed to holster it, huh?

I'm just bad at the controls, there's always a learning curve to zero-g games