Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

If you’re ever gonna beat us today is the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1574058804202950659?s=20&t=OjL2sMxB-vZgMwlmiDrfOw

Surprise Raekwon Davis deactivation, I wonder if this is the same knee that slowed him down all last year.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 25, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No Morse is really bad.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Dolphins have to get a pass rush going. Someone - Ogbah, Phillips, Ingram, AVG - has to step up and get some pressure on their own.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets DL can't have a good game today against this terrible OL they are officially frauds.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

No Morse is really bad.

Yep, they're really thin on the line for this game specifically. Hopefully no one gets hurt! :suicide:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I think the key to this game is Buffalo’s pass rush and what McDaniel comes up with to neutralize it. Every recent matchup between Miami and Buffalo was a Dolphins QB eating poo poo all day with no real adjustments to speak of that might counter it.

I don’t think there is any reason to believe we can slow down Josh Allen, so we probably need to score like 34 to have a shot.

I’ll go…Bills win 34-17. Miami offensive performance is pretty good, but misses points on a couple of drives because they’re forced to go for it to keep up, and those chances don’t work out.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://twitter.com/merekatkat/status/1574009253366579201?s=42&t=AllhYIDJMtNzuGhmKD14Zg

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Dolphins offense continues to roll against the depleted Bills secondary. Defense is able to force a couple turnovers and hold them to FGs on a couple drives. Dolphins win 35-27.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The NFL has always done this militaristic poo poo and imagery and chuds have always been fine with it.

https://twitter.com/antwanstaley/status/1574059216410759171
Bryce Huff should be playing in this game.

2008 or so is when the military push was obvious imo

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
It’s so odd that Huff has been inactive all 3 weeks. The coaches gushed about him all of training camp and the beat guys all said he looked great. I thought he would be active this week for sure.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

The United States of America shouldn't waste money on a lost cause...the New York Jets.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The stickers weren’t even out on properly lol they partially cover openings

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't believe people don't think it's super loving weird for a sports team in the US to have the flag of another random country on it's uniform.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

gently caress Russia straight to hell to be honest so I’m fine with this sticker.

Jets going to win.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I guess Woody Johnson’s wife is from Ukraine?

That probably has something to do with it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just a brutal slew of injuries. Josh needs to carry today

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I can't believe people don't think it's super loving weird for a sports team in the US to have the flag of another random country on it's uniform.

… it’s clear what they’re doing. And the intent. How’s that weird?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

gently caress Russia straight to hell to be honest so I’m fine with this sticker.

Jets going to win.

seconding this, it's almost kind of surprising to see someone who was in the Trump admin supporting Ukraine.

Ehud posted:

I guess Woody Johnson’s wife is from Ukraine?

That probably has something to do with it.

Oh it's this. Googling him now I've discovered that he gave both his kids with her the middle name Woody. To be Jack Woody Johnson and in High School.

Also I can't blame Saleh for talking to Trump? I'm sure Woody gave him the call, or Trump knows enough that his handlers just tell people "a former president wants to speak to you" so people actually answer.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pretty obvious imo.

quote:

Suzanne Johnson, who grew up in a Ukrainian neighborhood in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village after her father, Stefan Ircha, emigrated to the United States at age 21 following World War II from Ternopil, a town outside of Kyiv, is the brains, heart and soul behind a $1 million relief effort by the Jets to aid the Ukrainian people amid the senseless war taking place there.

He met my mother (Marie)at a Ukrainian dance, got married and had their family. When I grew up, I grew up in a very solid Ukrainian community. I don’t think I had an American friend who wasn’t Ukrainian until I went to high school. Ukrainian was a big part of my life because it was all I knew.”

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

mcmagic posted:

I mean I saw a blue checkmark on Twitter with a Ukraine flag and the person seemed really important. I'm glad the Jets had the courage to do this and become important in our society too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

… it’s clear what they’re doing. And the intent. How’s that weird?

Because why is a sports team in the US inserting itself into a war that is on the other side of the world that is pretty much just a bonanza for military contractors? It's weird and gross.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Because why is a sports team in the US inserting itself into a war that is on the other side of the world that is pretty much just a bonanza for military contractors? It's weird and gross.

… what?

I honestly can’t really comprehend where you’re coming from here, outside of just hating something to hate

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It's weird and gross.

It also color clashes leave that Kelly Green pristine.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mcmagic being anti Ukrainian is a twist i didn’t expect before watching the Buffalo massacre

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Trump absolutely called because he thinks he would do a better job coaching the Jets (possible) and wanted to give Saleh some pointers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Gotta agree with mcmagic here that's really weird

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

mcmagic posted:

It's weird and gross.

Just about every american sports ritual is weird and gross

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

The Nigerian flag would look good on the Jets helmet just saying.

Too bad Ukraine is hogging all the space for meaningless symbolic gestures darn!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/thadbrown7/status/1574042616601141249
Von Miller you corny

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

It looks so hot the players were moving in slow motion on the broadcast

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

lmao diggs!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I know he’s skinny, but McDaniel wearing a hoodie in Miami summer is madness.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That is either a god tier challenge or the stupidest thing I've ever seen

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I guess that seems like he’s touched but who knows when the shadowy cabal gets things cooking

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

worst 1st play challenge ever

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

On one level I agree with you, cause magically the United States has endless money for a war across the world but not for it's own citizens. But I feel like you can separate that from the fact that the Russians in Ukraine have been pretty monstrous (without going too deep into a political discussion in this forum) and just showing support for Ukraine doesn't really cost anything or mean anything to the teams and the NFL. It's probably less evil then when the NFL goes all Pink to support breast cancer and keeps a ridiculous amount of money raised via pink merchandise for themselves instead of actually going to a good cause.

Also old article, but it's not like the Jets are the only team/athlete showing support for Ukraine

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jeremyhayes/how-athletes-are-supporting-ukraine

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

All week long we've been hearing about what a genius this guy is

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Higgins pushed off on that 3rd down. No call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

How is this challenge taking so long?