Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Possible they swapped the positions of Nathria and Set 3 after the core set was finalized. You see this happen with Magic: The Gathering sets sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

The fact that they keep trying to make Secret Rogue work is so confusing. Rogue is almost a 100% tempo based class and secrets, almost by definition, are purely reactive cards. It would be like giving Hunter a bunch of armor gain.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

its always been kinda clear regardless of what blizzard tries to tell us that hearthstone is a train on a track that's barely being laid fast enough to keep it going as it barrels forward with monetization decisions being the only real conductor lol

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Yep, this is how you play battlegrounds

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
amagaldons would aim for that so yeah

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1574081306543230982

that is one hell of an aggro dh card

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

monetization decisions being the only real conductor lol

i for one am shocked!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Yes the way they design sets/cards/rotations doesn't really seem like they have much of an overarching design plan. Like I'd imagine that they would lay out exactly the archetypes they want to push for a given year and set the core cards with that in mind.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So assuming this works like Reno's poof, we've now got Exile cards on the table at non-legendary rarities.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
edit: actually nah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

All fel breaks loose might be kinda nuts. Resurrecting multiple illidari inquisitors can do a poo poo ton of face damage, and you get to recast it with Jace

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
All fel breaks loose is also solo infused by Zhilag and has a decent chance of re-summoning Zhilag, which will completely fill the board with tentacles lol

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Firebert posted:

All fel breaks loose is also solo infused by Zhilag and has a decent chance of re-summoning Zhilag, which will completely fill the board with tentacles lol

And honestly, just getting three stalks back is probably going to be fine. Not a high roll by any means, but still a decent floor for how much you actually get for five mana.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So assuming this works like Reno's poof, we've now got Exile cards on the table at non-legendary rarities.
I will enjoy goofing around with some kind of Wild Mage just to irritate the remaining Big Priest players as much as they've annoyed me over the years.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

NorgLyle posted:

I will enjoy goofing around with some kind of Wild Mage just to irritate the remaining Big Priest players as much as they've annoyed me over the years.

Oh, don't you worry, in a year or so Priest will be getting this effect on an 8-mana board clear!

edit: and how has it taken this long for "Counter a minion" to show up?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

orangelex44 posted:

Oh, don't you worry, in a year or so Priest will be getting this effect on an 8-mana board clear!

edit: and how has it taken this long for "Counter a minion" to show up?

We had the fish man from Sunken City, but yeah. Definitely taken some time for that to show up.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'm surprised it took this long for Reno's exile effect to show up again. I loved using the original, mostly because of all the obnoxious Priest resurrect effects from that meta, but it'll still be good today for avoiding deathrattles.

Also, they really went all-in on the card name puns for this mini set.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Got my first invite after a match against a Demon Hunter. I played a warlock and the first thing sent to me was “warlock curse bitch”. Never had anyone ever ask for an invite after a match and didn’t know how to respond other than “get wrecked bitch.” I was at 5 health and set a Tamsin + Absymal wave which gave me a zero mana wave and then next turn a Brann and Lady Darkvein then the zero Abysmal wave plus the four waves and wrecked him. Lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Im getting thrashed playing naga priest but its a really fun deck with a lot of complex decision trees. Is the meta moving against it or am i just bad? Would any particular streamer play it enough to be worth watching? Any good written guides to the deck?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Im getting thrashed playing naga priest but its a really fun deck with a lot of complex decision trees. Is the meta moving against it or am i just bad? Would any particular streamer play it enough to be worth watching? Any good written guides to the deck?

1) Deck still strong in the meta
2) Aside from figuring things out by trial and error, I learned by watching NoHandsGamer play it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZXHA4xoTpU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NMW3a3Ec3g
3) not that I know of

CAVEAT: Time's up though, everything could change tomorrow

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Just that we're getting Mercenaries reveals on the 26th, instead of having to hurriedly shove some previews in at the last minute when the Mercenaries community gets depressed like they did last expansion.

Also they mentioned in a forums post that they're adding the ability to turn excess coins into some kind of wildcard resource that can be turned into other coins in this expansion, and the actual PVE lategame hopefully this year.

Correction: I misremembered that post, the excess coins fix is next month.

EDIT: Also there's a bunch of Mercenaries reveals today. It's a lot of interesting design space, which I'm not going to get into because that can wait until the patch notes.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 26, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

CAVEAT: Time's up though, everything could change tomorrow

On one hand there’s a lot of cheap hard removal being added, which naga priest is definitely dreading.

On the other hand hand, the “give a minion +2/+3 and only you can target it with spells” counters almost all of the hard removal that’s being added

On the other other hand, if Sylvanas sees widespread play she’s going to be a huge pain since her battlecry can go through the “can’t be targeted” buff

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Question about Immune, is Onyxia a special case where the immune effect turns off taunt or is that interaction universal?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Question about Immune, is Onyxia a special case where the immune effect turns off taunt or is that interaction universal?

Universal

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
24.4 Patch Notes

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

quote:

[Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where players could not play minions onto a full board, even if space was being cleared, until after animations and effects resolved.

That's a relief. Was worried it was a deliberate design direction

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I like that Priest has still managed to find a deck that's, true to form, not actually good, but still drags games out for 20m anyway to the point it's probably inflating it's (middling) win rate by boredom concedes.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

its probably optimistic for me to hope that the mini-set launches at midnight PST right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its probably optimistic for me to hope that the mini-set launches at midnight PST right?

Yes. It’s always around 10am PST/1pm EST

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Do I want to know what a mercenaries is

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kater posted:

Do I want to know what a mercenaries is

New mode they introduced last year(?) that is a grindy gacha game and they’ve been desperately trying to keep it afloat since

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

The short version is that Mercenaries is a side mode about grinding up a bunch of units in a Raid: Shadow Legends style mode that has pretty interesting teambuilding if you're into that kind of game. It's a pretty good F2P grinding game if you're into that kind of thing now, but when they released it last October it was really half-baked with a ton of preorders they were asking people to pay for sight unseen and everything you had to do to improve your units was a pain in the rear end and it took at least six months to get the mode to a state where it was worth looking at. And it still isn't where it probably should have been at launch, because Mercenaries is finally getting something to do with excess coins so grinding and opening packs doesn't become actively more useless over time in the October patch at roughly their one year anniversary, with an actual PVE endgame coming after that.

(Still, not to repeat myself, but it's at a point where it's a satisfying experience if that kind of grindy Raid game hits your buttons. Just never put any money into it, because the grind those purchases bypass is the only real gameplay this mode has if you don't get into PVP.)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The thing with money and Mercenaries is that aside from very specific bundles and deals you get gently caress all for your cash. It might change with coin conversion but at the moment it's basically F2P because while grinding is slow it's still the only way to actually progress with the mercs you want.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I just played mercs for the first time since I tried it out at launch and its still pretty bad but more fun than almost all the non deck building based solo content

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Mercenaries still feels like the devs saying “The suits yelled at us when we launched Battlegrounds without any monetization and it became a big hit; so we made sure our new mode would have it baked-in.” They seem to alternate between not caring about it in the slightest and not expecting anyone else to either, or desperately pretending it’s a big draw that people are anxiously awaiting news and updates for.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think they isolated a lot of the previews for this update to the official Mercs-specific discord, the Mercs subreddit, etc. -- seems like they've eased off on trying to get everyone who plays HS to play it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Using cards from the mini set, Kibler played Theotar as a Warrior and his opponent was a Shadow Priest. The Theotar failed completely and Kibler is reporting it as a bug as there was nothing in play that would indicate that it would fail.

E: being reported as an issue on reddit as well. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 27, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Small indie company

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Nice, so you can't purchase the non-Golden mini-sets with Google Play (and I'd assume App Store) credit since it's Fuckyoustones or Old & Busted Gold only now.

Oh nice, you can't even purchase the non-Golden mini-set directly from their store anymore. It literally outlines in gold "Use Runestones or Gold to buy the Normal Mini-Set in-game!"

(and yes, I'm aware that - at the very least - they didn't make the mini-set cost some odd cost of Fuckyoustones...this time)

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Left the legend climb late this month due to battlegrounds sucking me back in, just snuck in under the wire a few hrs ago with imp lock before the mini set hit and outdated all my deck lists.