Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Star Citizen: made pregnant with expectation by Chris Roberts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/i3j5pQP.mp4

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

The "no spoilers!" thing is extra funny because it's pretty clear that SQ42 will be just as cookie-cutter and bland as everything in SC. It's not going to have some interesting unique universe with deep characters. It will just be a mishmash of cliches CR plucked from movies he's seen. Only one who will be impressed with the writing is Ben Lesnick.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

You will be a nameless, faceless rookie who through circumstances beyond their control rise up to the occasion and are now in the same league as Sandis character, but not. There's a rivalry here with mutual respect, maybe sexual tension

There's an awkward romance somewhere here between your character and another

You end up discovering a huge Vanduul invasion fleet one way or another, no one believes you. Your aircraft carrier is a rogue ship going against all odds, but in the last minute the allied fleet shows up and you destroy the Vanduul fleet together! Huzzah!

You awkwardly gently caress your romantic interest in celebration

Then you learn this was a test that you barely survived, the real fleet is on its way and bigger, with doomsday weapons.

Fin

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You will be a nameless, faceless rookie who through circumstances beyond their control rise up to the occasion and are now in the same league as Sandis character, but not. There's a rivalry here with mutual respect, maybe sexual tension

There's an awkward romance somewhere here between your character and another

You end up discovering a huge Vanduul invasion fleet one way or another, no one believes you. Your aircraft carrier is a rogue ship going against all odds, but in the last minute the allied fleet shows up and you destroy the Vanduul fleet together! Huzzah!

You awkwardly gently caress your romantic interest in celebration

Then you learn this was a test that you barely survived, the real fleet is on its way and bigger, with doomsday weapons.

Fin

But what about the janitor being a secret Vanduul agent?

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Contemplate with nice thoughts and utterances.

FishMcCool posted:

But what about the janitor being a secret Vanduul agent?

That's for chapter 2, coming 2035.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
"Answer the call... again, 2035"

Bushboy2000
Jul 19, 2022

:vince: Holy poo poo guys, I think I got a special one, a critical post by da real MC where he shits on CR. :vince:

:mods: The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Star Citizen: made pregnant with expectation by Chris Roberts :mods:

For real mods, make it so...it's great, comes from a white knight making GBS threads on his hero and the thread needs a new title anyway.

Starting too see a bit of disenchantment in the SC community, could it be the turning point, the peak, grabs popcorn.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bushboy2000 posted:

Starting too see a bit of disenchantment in the SC community, could it be the turning point, the peak, grabs popcorn.

They will probably calm down a bit if CIG releases another new ship JPEG for sale

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Bushboy2000 posted:

lol, no. Any community discontent only ever lasts until there's a new ship sale.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
At least he recognizes CI hosed their backers

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

JugbandDude posted:

At least he recognizes CI hosed their backers

Last time this happened (was it the SQ42 video? the roadmap to the roadmap?), the backers ended up apologising because they should know their place and stop feeling entitled to the poo poo they were promised and paid for. And then beat another funding record.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

:vince: Holy poo poo guys, I think I got a special one, a critical post by da real MC where he shits on CR. :vince:

:mods: The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Star Citizen: made pregnant with expectation by Chris Roberts :mods:

For real mods, make it so...it's great, comes from a white knight making GBS threads on his hero and the thread needs a new title anyway.

He finally writes some legit complaints and then has to make it all weird by using sex and pregnancy metaphors.

I do like that this is all the exact same stuff that he has raged against when written by other people, but it's fine now that it's him, because his motives are pure and unsullied.
I mean he basically used the term "memory holed" regarding previous stretch goals and art previews.

ONE OF US

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
isn't CitizenCon right around the corner? Give it a few weeks and pee pee cat will be back to writing 12-page essays about how the new Vanduul Analingus Carrier is going to blow traditional game development out of the water with all of its new loops and scoops and poops.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

:iiasb:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

So the cycle of star citizen support seems to be as follows:

1: when I buy in, all my expectations are "the real thing"
2: anyone with past expectations don't matter, only mine do
3: when past expectations get removed silently or publicly or altered in such a way they are not even the same thing, deal with it
4: over time I see my expectations change
5: some of my experience are starting to fade away
6: I talk about it, but the hammer comes down hard on me despite my years of loyalty
7: I start to get upset, because all this goes against everything I was told, possibly even directly from Chris' mouth or developers themselves
8: people tell me my expectations are dumb and of course we're never going to happen
9: betrayal, sadness, feeling ripped off
10: I probably make some final "I quit" post that I hope will shake the foundations, but gets deleted by mods, downvoted to obscurity, or nobody cares
11: I go latch on to some other mmo or something dumb

What piss cat with a monocle fails to realize is that he'll be treated exactly like the people before him were. Once you start asking the hard questions and not just drinking the kool aid and buying ships for future dreams... you find yourself in a suddenly hostile community who not only won't answer you, but the leadership will make sure you are silenced and slap your face to back down. Failing to back down will result in your removal from your great community.

So I hope piss cat returns to either buying things and mindlessly defending cig non stop... or he better start hunting for another watersports community to fill in the toilet bowl of his star citizen posts.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

lobsterminator posted:

The "no spoilers!" thing is extra funny because it's pretty clear that SQ42 will be just as cookie-cutter and bland as everything in SC. It's not going to have some interesting unique universe with deep characters. It will just be a mishmash of cliches CR plucked from movies he's seen. Only one who will be impressed with the writing is Ben Lesnick.

Actually I bet you'll be wrong, because it's not wing commander. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bushboy2000 posted:

It's cyclical. There will be another who takes up the podium of determining that he or she (most likely he) is the sole understander of CIGs inner workings and has deciphered their release notes and determined everything is fine and all promises are being achieved and more.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fidelitious posted:

He finally writes some legit complaints and then has to make it all weird by using sex and pregnancy metaphors.

I do like that this is all the exact same stuff that he has raged against when written by other people, but it's fine now that it's him, because his motives are pure and unsullied.
I mean he basically used the term "memory holed" regarding previous stretch goals and art previews.

ONE OF US

:lol:

So I admit I didn't read beyond the first one or two bolded sentences. Now I feel like I'm missing something.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Tried to reread the novella but still got bored somewhere. At least I saw the amazing un-pregnant comment. :)

Piss cat with a monocle, I'm sure you're here, so review this over CIGs timeline:

All things that benefit Chris and his family and friends have happened, and continue to happen, in spades. From locations being built to vacations around the world, etc.

All things the game have not. Many of them have been ignored, bypassed, or altered. However it's impossible for you to connect the dots between them selling these things they very likely had no intention of ever being able to do, and collecting the money for it by convincing people they would/could/did.

When people ask about this, the community is hostile. CIGs spectrum will shut down the threads. People will be banned.

For asking questions about development.

As you know, people deserve to know what's going on. Hiding it all behind ridiculous "spoilers lol" and no longer providing expectations for dates is an interesting decision that very clearly benefits the first point, of Chris and his family and friends being enriched.

Enriched without the ability to ask why or how things are going.

Chris and his cohorts have created this circle of money around him where he has untethered himself and his people entirely from accountability.

If you have even an ounce of professional experience in any field, you know that removing accountability from staff is never a good thing.

Anyhow, go buy an idris to get yourself back on track again, friend. Don't let these thoughts spoil your ability to throw money at Chris. That's all he really wants from you anyway. If you never made another post ever about defending the game but donated to him monthly like a loyal pet, he'd be happiest.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Herb Dington posted:

Godspeed, Reporter of the Sickening Truths...I don't have any information just bears.

"The Truths Must Be Told"

Thanks! I managed to get off the ground a couple of times and even score some points. We had fun!
Here is the list of Goons who spent time in a game with a flight model, where we didn't clip through the ground but simply crashed into it:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4012186&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post526503746

"each black spot represents one goon" - Deadseed.

Vrrrrroooooommmmm!

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Star Citizen: made pregnant with expectation by Chris Roberts

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ah... it begins exactly as it has been foretold.

:)

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:vince:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

:gary:

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Where can I find the thread?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

:gary: Nice knowin' ya Monocle Cat :yarg:

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Pull up, Monocle Cat! Pull up! Don't join the GOONS!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Can't find Agent Watersports post in the Concern section, but at least that had me discover said section. Check out this concerned citizen:

quote:

Block list extension
Discussion
Today at 15:42
Idea
I routinely block users who are especially rude/nasty, and I've reached the limit of 200 users. Any chance we could extend this limit?

200 users on ignore and that's not enough? What a crowd!

And he got a response from a fellow commando:

quote:

I were asking the same and got probation for this, so...good luck with that.

So, I just ignore blocklist as feature, just like everyone else here.

:gary:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

:five:

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Exorcise the FUDder. Cast him out. Let no self-proclaimed 'citizen' interfere with the pipeline.

Citizenship is earned, Pledge Today!

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Folks - have you considered that if PissyCat starts to post here, that it would only be literal femtoseconds before we were all comprehensively, thoroughly and utterly owned? Could we even survive? THE LIVING WILL ENVY THE D--

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Yesterday was International Otter day but I couldn't post because my internet was down so I'm putting out a request for otter pics again.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lammasu posted:

Yesterday was International Otter day but I couldn't post because my internet was down so I'm putting out a request for otter pics again.

Post your otters. :3:

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Post your significant otters

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

saving this for later

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Did you hear what happened to Dave?

No what?

They moved him to "concerns"!

Oh my... Does his family know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

In honor of our new thread title:

Also, that was the only one that wasn't Craiyon's standard "Grey spaceship wedge in orbit of a planet" reaction to the words "Star Citizen".