Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Devonta Smith is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/sickunbelievabl/status/1574105128898072579?s=46&t=Tf1eYEPDEc-EaE3HX-5lKA

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
How is every Washington home game not just 3 hours of people chanting “gently caress Dan Snyder?”

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

predicto posted:

How is every Washington home game not just 3 hours of people chanting “gently caress Dan Snyder?”

That would require Commanders fans to show up for the game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This is wonderful. But I am greedy and even if the final score is 38-0 we don't win if we don't get an interception on him then we didn't really win

:sickos:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Keep racking up the score I want everybody fired before the offseason and as high a draft pick as we can get.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1574123557436678150

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I expected a shitshow from the Commanders today but this was 2nd only to the Monday night massacre.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm interested in the narrative that's been developing around Jalen Hurts so far this year. He strikes me as largely the same QB (good legs, takes care of the ball, pretty strong but erratic arm) but the difference to me seems to be the weapons we added and some good play by the defense. He's kind of improved a tick, maybe, but I think what we're really seeing is improvement from everyone else and it's lifting the perception of him.

Am I wrong?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Hurts appears to be throwing more accurate passes to me, but having better weapons and a stronger o-line would certainly help all around, including giving a guy more confidence to throw surer passes.

I think it'll be clearer about halfway through the season, assuming they ever fall behind in a game and he's actually being tested. Thus far, building up big leads makes it hard to gauge since the team seems to be taking their feet off the gas a bit in the second halves.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
His accuracy and vision have improved. Accuracy less so, as he still gets bailed out by receivers now and then — including a few times today, like on Brown's TD catch — but he's definitely putting the ball in better spots and fitting it through tighter windows than he ever could last year. By my estimation, which is loving worthless, his vision has greatly improved. He's keeping his eyes downfield when he rolls out instead of just tucking and running, he's finding folks without putting the ball in danger, and he seems to be going through his options decently enough.

The Eagles didn't need him to suddenly become the next Peyton. They just needed him to demonstrate moderate improvement as a passer, and so far, he's done that.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Washington:

Embarrassing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hurts seems to be good for a half

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

beep by grandpa posted:

Hurts seems to be good for a half

I'm finding it hard to judge the Eagles by what they do after they go up by like three scores on teams that look completely lost the way the Vikings and Commanders did. Meanwhile, they dropped 14 on the Lions even after pulling back a bit in the third quarter of the opener. I want to watch them just go buck wild on a team for four quarters, sure, but I also get the lack of urgency when things are clearly no longer competitive.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NBCSCommanders/status/1574137944553799680?s=20&t=bXOxULLyzZHAyOliZMoH8A

Lol

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

His accuracy and vision have improved. Accuracy less so, as he still gets bailed out by receivers now and then — including a few times today, like on Brown's TD catch — but he's definitely putting the ball in better spots and fitting it through tighter windows than he ever could last year. By my estimation, which is loving worthless, his vision has greatly improved. He's keeping his eyes downfield when he rolls out instead of just tucking and running, he's finding folks without putting the ball in danger, and he seems to be going through his options decently enough.

The Eagles didn't need him to suddenly become the next Peyton. They just needed him to demonstrate moderate improvement as a passer, and so far, he's done that.

yeah i'd say he's taken a step forward as a passer. he's making throws into windows he never would have last year, and trusting his (upgraded) receiving corps to make plans on balls, which is exactly what he should be doing when he has weapons like AJ, Smitty, and Goedert.

one of the biggest factors i've seen (besides the above mentioned keeping his eyes downfield to pass until the last second) is his willingness to throw medium/deep routes over the middle.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hurts is on a super team. He's looking good getting the ball to the right people and they're building around his ability to hit slants and sideline passes. Eagles should be elite this year

Bandulu
Aug 25, 2008
NBC with the burn

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm interested in the narrative that's been developing around Jalen Hurts so far this year. He strikes me as largely the same QB (good legs, takes care of the ball, pretty strong but erratic arm) but the difference to me seems to be the weapons we added and some good play by the defense. He's kind of improved a tick, maybe, but I think what we're really seeing is improvement from everyone else and it's lifting the perception of him.

Am I wrong?

His accuracy much better and he’s making quicker , better decisions . He’s really good rn

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
his accuracy is moderately better but he is seeing the field much better so far. this offense can carry him through his rough patches

loved his quote on Smith after the game. that catch was absurd

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Better weapons, more poise, better progression processing, and more comfort in year 2 of the offense. It’s a long season, so I’m not totally sold yet. Definitely appears to have improved over last year so far. Very cool!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rewatched his snaps. He's looking really good. Nice touch on his deep balls, really nothing to complain about there. They're doing a lot of release slants which allows him to hit those middle routes he sucks at. Thing is though he has to anticipate the throw on those battle routes so it's not easy. I noticed a few times where he tucked and ran with what looked like open underneath and dig routes but I never know unless I see all 22. Commanders front seven looked great but they just couldn't quite get the pressure, their DBs were getting abused hard. Full pick on mode for St. Juste.

Also the defense is nuts. Every time they were picking up Hurts' new drive he was always in superb field position.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I really like getting to watch the whole game in All 22 on Amazon, wonder if that will ever be an option on network broadcasts

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also in regards to the Eagles D. Absolutely nuts, probably better than the Bills.

Graham - Reddick - Sweat is just a nuts over set rush. They're using Cox and Davis as just pure space occupiers. Davis gets double teamed and Cox gets put on single blocks for point of attack poo poo. Kyzir White and T.J. Edwards are swarming LBs. They're constantly the first person to the ball. Hargrave and Tuipulotu are great rotational backups, probably could be starters. DBs are just great. Slay, Bradberry, and GJ. Love watching them right now, hate the Eagles.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cowboys win tonight.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
yeah, win at stinking up the joint

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
An aside, but in the tweet below, Joe Buck posted some of him and Troy's game notes for tonight, and I think it's interesting to see how much they prepare and how they organize information

https://twitter.com/Buck/status/1574443692613664768?t=2wlp0TJnOx2Eguq0u_tN2Q&s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how did Tiki Barber stop fumbling?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

blarzgh posted:

An aside, but in the tweet below, Joe Buck posted some of him and Troy's game notes for tonight, and I think it's interesting to see how much they prepare and how they organize information

https://twitter.com/Buck/status/1574443692613664768?t=2wlp0TJnOx2Eguq0u_tN2Q&s=19

And then they provide virtually none of that information to the viewers during the broadcast

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

predicto posted:

And then they provide virtually none of that information to the viewers during the broadcast

It's different entertainment. Romo doesn't have to call out all the individual player names with play by play and have backup stories for all of them. Buck and Aikman provide that form and probably need a ton of pages of prep.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

indigi posted:

He retired.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

He and Rhonde secretly switched places

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles are dream team 22-0 baby!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

indigi posted:

Tom Coughlin taught him to hold the ball up high to his chest.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Plaxico and Rolle are late to their autograph signing pre-game. Not very classy.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Isn't there a whole thing where tiki thinks he was the critical piece that propelled the franchise to fame and glory and they were nothing without him?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Tom Coughlin taught him to hold the ball up high to his chest.

Also I remember him training to reflexively put 2 hands on it as soon as someone made contact.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Tiki even fumbled when he retired the year before the Giants won the Superbowl.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
hats off to football tonight, let's all have some laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Asproigerosis posted:

Isn't there a whole thing where tiki thinks he was the critical piece that propelled the franchise to fame and glory and they were nothing without him?

Tiki was a 7 year franchise piece that was ran into the ground. 27th all time rushing and retired at a decent age. He's a lovely person and cheated on his pregnant wife but you can't argue the effect he had on the Giants. It was really rough leading into Kerry Collins and after the Ravens beatdown. He was the face of the franchise until Eli. I can see why he'd be mad about that.

If he retired and never said a word he'd be one of the most celebrated Giants ever, right up there with LT. Oh well.