Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Tim is working on a remake of his Last of Us review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

General Dog posted:

Tim is working

Ha!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I finished FF7R a few days ago and rewatched his video on that and now also rewatched his video on Pac-Man. Good videos IMO.
Hope he makes more!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

General Dog posted:

Tim is working on a remake of his Last of Us review

This has a greater than 50% chance of being true

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
tim is streaming premiere https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=779coR-XPTw

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can't believe it's tim day

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

:toot:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Siiiiick I have tomorrow off with no plans I’m gonna watch it all

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Oh yeah. Not going to get much work done tomorrow

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Six hours?? Tim, honey, you were supposed to slow down.

Extreme lmao at him just launching the premiere with exactly 0 forewarning whatsoever though.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
What is this game

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Angryhead posted:

I finished FF7R a few days ago and rewatched his video on that and now also rewatched his video on Pac-Man. Good videos IMO.
Hope he makes more!

I choose to believe that my post helped make this a reality

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lmao that cyberpunk insert in the intro

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Entire review is already worth it just for this

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Guessing he couldn't finish his review until he flew to Japan to get some B-roll.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Tim should setup a deal with the publishers of these games to work on a translation and official rerelease on modern platforms to coincide with his video coming out. I would definitely buy this after just 20min of the review.

Good to know the translation is out soon

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

tim :neckbeard:

guessing the release had to wait until the end of summer because, as far as I can tell, boku no natsuyasumi is a chill game about the lazy days of summer

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Dijkstracula posted:

tim :neckbeard:

guessing the release had to wait until the end of summer because, as far as I can tell, boku no natsuyasumi is a chill game about the lazy days of summer

That’s more or less what he wrote in the Patreon update, yeah.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

Tim should setup a deal with the publishers of these games to work on a translation and official rerelease on modern platforms to coincide with his video coming out. I would definitely buy this after just 20min of the review.

Good to know the translation is out soon

Here you go, the Crayon Shin-Chan spin off is available on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2061250/Shin_chan_Me_and_the_Professor_on_Summer_Vacation_The_Endless_SevenDay_Journey/

Sluitstripje
Feb 7, 2008

This is amazing news! Working the night shift right now and this will keep me company. Was actually wondering when the next episode would be.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Seems like he actually got a team together for this one, hopes this bodes well for the future

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Can't believe Tim Rogers played the game three times on Playstation and then once more on Kansas.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
e: So beaten. Action Button forever

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So, the game he reviews is kinda bad, but hey, the review is good. I look forward to LA Noire, which should hopefully be out this year.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
only got a bit of the new video so far, but i enjoy his insights on japanese linguistics and culture

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My fav bit is his argument w/ gf who brought him to a love hotel about beetle fighting games and the absurdity of grown men forcing dogs and chickens to fight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waltzing Along posted:

My fav bit is his argument w/ gf who brought him to a love hotel about beetle fighting games and the absurdity of grown men forcing dogs and chickens to fight.

That was great stuff

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Waltzing Along posted:

That was pretty good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m digging the heavy use of Yakuza b-roll

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

"A story about 25 years in the past, just as video games had begun locking on to the certainty of a bright future" with a clip of Deus Ex's intro :allears:

General Dog posted:

I’m digging the heavy use of Yakuza b-roll
yeah, it owns

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 26, 2022

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Tim's life stories never fail to be my favorite parts of his videos. I perpetually find myself longing for nostalgia that isn't mine, to be the kind of person who, instead of wanting to go to places I've only read about, actually has gone and lived there.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
And then never left his apartment.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Hell I mean, same

I'm cursed with a desire to see the world and a regret that I have not, while being an extreme homebody at the same time.

I just want home to be more than one place.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
this episode got super real. i drat near forgot it was a game review

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Finally finished it, great work from Tim yet again.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
what a blessing that this guy turned his bizarre brilliant eye towards video game writing of all things. holy poo poo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It was a good tim. More of a one time watch than the others though. Respect to the kansas act but I shan't return to it

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
This is the weirdest poo poo I've ever watched.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed it more than all of the ones he's done so far aside from the Tokimeki Memorial review*, which I feel is his gold standard.

But I feel like if I watched it again, I'd just skip to part 5 because that was the part I enjoyed most.

*(That's a lie, my favorite Tim content is his Slow Retranslation of FFVII)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Going through this one slowly one segment at a time

Also all the RE1 talk has me wishing he would review that original trilogy at some point