Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

torgeaux posted:

I've never seen so many passes behind the LOS as Josh threw today.
I un-ironically agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fins' plan was clearly to let them take the short stuff and limit the big plays and they certainly accomplished that

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I forget did Doug Pederson even interview for the Jets job? I probably wanted them to but I feel like they never even showed any interest in him. The Jags have been better coached in all 3 games this season then the Jets at any point under Saleh.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the attention on dorsey's tantrum takes away from the fact that he called several drive killing sequences and flubbed 1st and goal from the 3. Just inexcusable stuff and a rude awakening after the past two games where he could stunt

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bright spot time. Sauce is incredible and had Chase locked up until the lovely JFM penalty.

https://twitter.com/NYJ_Matt/status/1574184379697569797

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

I forget did Doug Pederson even interview for the Jets job? I probably wanted them to but I feel like they never even showed any interest in him. The Jags have been better coached in all 3 games this season then the Jets at any point under Saleh.

There were rumors about them wanting to but I don't think they ever did and they clearly should've hired him. It's just a 100% lock that if the Jets FO is trusted to pick out a HC from guys who haven't done it before they are going to poo poo the bed. The only saving this franchise is hiring a proven HC. (Who will likely not come here with the current loving morons in ownership)

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 26, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Put it in the Louvre.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

t a s t e posted:

the attention on dorsey's tantrum takes away from the fact that he called several drive killing sequences and flubbed 1st and goal from the 3. Just inexcusable stuff and a rude awakening after the past two games where he could stunt

He called a play that should have been a TD but Allen missed the throw.

It was just kind of a perfect storm type game; the only thing (besides injuries) I'm worried about long term is their complete inability to pick up short yardage. For as good as the rest of the team is, I've never seen an offense so completely unable to pick up 1 or 2 yards with a run.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

fsif posted:

It was just kind of a perfect storm type game; the only thing (besides injuries) I'm worried about long term is their complete inability to pick up short yardage. For as good as the rest of the team is, I've never seen an offense so completely unable to pick up 1 or 2 yards with a run.

I think that's an over statement. Josh is good for that kind of yardage with careful play calling. Your RBs aren't great at it, but Allen seems more than capable.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Honestly, Dorsey fails every time he calls a run play.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I just worry that the Bills are fundamentally soft and unable to win close games, or survive losing players to injuries. Just feels like we're a over-emotional and highly brittle team.
And we still can't run the ball reliably, especially in short yardage situations. Every time we lose like this, I worry losing in the Divisional or Conference round is our ceiling...

Is that about right? I had to work. I'll miss next week too: can't see us housing the Ravens, but at least in two weeks I'll get to watch us play the Steelers, and I think I'll loving lose my mind if we lose to the loving Steelers.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

true, but that came after wasting two downs pointlessly. It's not good playcalling just because one finally worked, right

quote:

yeah

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Daw

This should be a fun matchup for years to come.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ravens game really turns on who's healthy, I think. Obviously Jackson is a freak but top to bottom I don't think that roster is top-tier.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Would the 72 Dolphins pop champagne when the Dolphins lose if they were the only undefeated left?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

t a s t e posted:

The Ravens game really turns on who's healthy, I think. Obviously Jackson is a freak but top to bottom I don't think that roster is top-tier.

They let Mac Jones and Tua style all over their defense.

Josh should score 50

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

TheBizzness posted:

Would the 72 Dolphins pop champagne when the Dolphins lose if they were the only undefeated left?

Csonka said they won't. they're all in on McDaniel

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I just worry that the Bills are fundamentally soft and unable to win close games, or survive losing players to injuries. Just feels like we're a over-emotional and highly brittle team.
And we still can't run the ball reliably, especially in short yardage situations. Every time we lose like this, I worry losing in the Divisional or Conference round is our ceiling...

one-score games are coin flips and the bills had some of the best injury luck in the league two years in a row. the stretch they're going through right now is everything going wrong at once, and while they could lose an entire season to homer at the bat, nine separate misfotunes-rear end luck, they're still a fundamentally good team that has a chance to win every time josh lines up under center.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That’s true but losing sucks a lot

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

t a s t e posted:

true, but that came after wasting two downs pointlessly. It's not good playcalling just because one finally worked, right

Yeah he didn't cover himself in glory but it was still better than some of Daboll's stinkers. I was just happy he was fine throwing the ball incessantly.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_i4P35-0XQ

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Is that about right? I had to work. I'll miss next week too: can't see us housing the Ravens, but at least in two weeks I'll get to watch us play the Steelers, and I think I'll loving lose my mind if we lose to the loving Steelers.

Legit concern. But losing to the fins, or the jets, early, is good. Losing again around week 15 to a top tier team would be good, too.

Undefeated seasons can be poison when you have to beat three playoff teams in a row to win a Superbowl.

Edit: I'm a University of Kentucky basketball fan. Their last undefeated season team failed spectacularly in March.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

Yeah he didn't cover himself in glory but it was still better than some of Daboll's stinkers. I was just happy he was fine throwing the ball incessantly.

I’m very quick to poo poo on these guys, admittedly, but the one that really got me was the sequence before the bass miss. Just pointless stuff

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

torgeaux posted:

Legit concern. But losing to the fins, or the jets, early, is good. Losing again around week 15 to a top tier team would be good, too.

Undefeated seasons can be poison when you have to beat three playoff teams in a row to win a Superbowl.

Edit: I'm a University of Kentucky basketball fan. Their last undefeated season team failed spectacularly in March.

To this end Von called today good medicine so hopefully the team agrees

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

t a s t e posted:

fins' plan was clearly to let them take the short stuff and limit the big plays and they certainly accomplished that

Miami didn't limit the big plays, Josh Allen did. I posted this before the game but it's basically 100% describing this game:

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/nfl-week-3-picks-best-bets-ats-kevin-kelley/

quote:

I will say that I found some interesting information on Allen versus the blitz. While he is getting better, he still has some major deficiencies when teams bring six or more and Miami is the team that is most likely to do that. Allen tends to dump the ball of short at a higher percentage than normal when most probably think he would buy time scrambling and throw it down the field. Allen is 1-for-4 this year against six-man blitzes with 2.0 yards per attempt. No quarterback saw more six-man blitzes than Allen (65) in 2021.

The difference between five guys coming after you and six is amazing. Allen recognizes that even he has a hard time getting away from that many pass rushers. Allen will have plenty of opportunities to throw downfield against the man-to-man defense and usually that equates to a lower completion percentage but a higher yards per completion than normal.

I'm sure someone will break down the Dolphins blitzes but I'm not sure this was Ken Dorsey not adjusting the blocking as it was you kept losing your guys and Miami kept hitting Allen with free rushers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You also posted that McD's defense was tacky and would be exposed but they held together with practice squadders.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1574201429484503042

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Is Hoyer really still QB#2? Maybe it's time to trade Flacco or White.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

fsif posted:

You also posted that McD's defense was tacky and would be exposed but they held together with practice squadders.

What'd the Dolphins end up running, something like 30 plays? Ending up with like a point per passing attempt?

Seems pretty good to me, none of them got heat stroke either fwiw.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Good heat stroke own, I guess.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I mean it’s an 8 week injury at best. It’s hosed.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I'm not out on Saleh/Douglas yet, but I'm closer than I've ever been. Today felt like a sea change loss as far as fan perception of Saleh goes, if Jets Twitter is any indication. Hitting a lot of people all of a sudden that the reason the Jets constantly come out flat and unprepared miiiiight be related to the coaching.

This is just...a bad stat. They can't ever win convincingly and they get blown out when they lose.

https://twitter.com/NYJ_Matt/status/1574189616059523072?s=20&t=cgePo4QproM_4zZAupsZBw

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 26, 2022

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I had no idea Hoyer was still in the league.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
The heat excuse is embarrassing. It was hotter when the patriots played there 2 weeks ago and they handled it fine.

Completely unfounded speculation: Maybe they emulated the 90’s Bills and did a little too much partying in Miami last night?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean it’s an 8 week injury at best. It’s hosed.

If I'm Mac I'm taking a look at Joe Judge and Patricia and saying you know what? Good year to sit out.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins defense spent most the game on the field and out of the shade and seemed to get better as the game went on.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

CubanMissile posted:

I had no idea Hoyer was still in the league.

Neither did he

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
https://twitter.com/Mark_Sanchez/status/1574132836830887936?t=p0XjYKpr_exhI4F1paMCgQ&s=19

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

fsif posted:

Good heat stroke own, I guess.

I mean I'm being a little cavalier about a serious issue, but the Bills coaching staff was negligent in hell as managing it. They made zero attempt to acclimate the players to the heat, didn't try to break out of the framework where every drive took 10+ players after their players were absolutely fried, and worst of all they didn't give their players special umbrellas and umbrella-holding attendants like Josh Allen got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Raku posted:

If I'm Mac I'm taking a look at Joe Judge and Patricia and saying you know what? Good year to sit out.

2 TDs and 5 INTs so far and he looks perpetually confused. So yeah, maybe getting a real coach would help.