Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Winter make your queen and princess look different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Lol if winter happened off-screen during the timeskip because they didn't want to bother

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The winter was so cold all the characters froze in place and nothing happened for 10 years

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

Winter make your queen and princess look different.

The dry air is hell on your skin.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

smoobles posted:

The winter was so cold all the characters froze in place and nothing happened for 10 years

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This new actor for Rhaenyra is good.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The king looks good considering how messed up he was looking years ago.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

bobjr posted:

The king looks good considering how messed up he was looking years ago.

Those leeches have been doin work

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wrong kid got named Joffrey

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

gently caress yeah Vhagar

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Man who hasn’t had your mom give you THAT speech after she walks in on you whacking off

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

That flying scene had some very painful CGI

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

pastor of muppets posted:

gently caress yeah Vhagar

I like how when Vhagar flew over everyone the ground shook and it didn't when Caraxes did. v. cool

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

lol Daemon rules

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Brackens and blackwoods still having a blood feud... excellent :perfect:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Viserys limps on to another episode! :toot:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I thought this was another really good episode, but with the time jumps I kind of wonder where their going with the rest of the seasons.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I wouldn't complain if each season told the story of a new generation of Targaryans, young characters become old characters.

I dig this pacing. Feels like an epic history instead of a family drama like GOT season 1.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat, that Larys guy doesn’t gently caress around

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Show good

Looking forward to a goblinesque Paddy who refuses to die

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Hollismason posted:

I thought this was another really good episode, but with the time jumps I kind of wonder where their going with the rest of the seasons.

This is all basically prologue to the main story. I expect the later seasons to not have any time jumps really.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love that none of the kids care about this succession stuff at all.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Aegon seems quite adult for a 10 year old

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

are strongs a baratheon cadet house? they're big and strong, which seems like a thing you'd name a cadet house of baratheon that was known for being particularly strong. most importantly, they have very powerful black hair genes. all bad poo poo that's ever happened in westeros is because of their dang powerful hair genes

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

white on the dome, you'll claim the throne. white on the bottom, you gotta problem

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I liked this episode a lot, but I gotta say for a seat of a House and the current Hand, Harrenhal seems to have some poo poo security. Larys' Three Bad Dudes put Ramsay's Twenty Good Men to shame. Just pluck some random criminals out of the black cells and you too can kill the second most powerful man in the Kingdoms.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Nail Rat posted:

I think they said a decade passed since last ep, and he was already like 4-5 last ep, so he'd be 14-15 here?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ethiser posted:

I love that none of the kids care about this succession stuff at all.

well you saw their hobbies, would you??

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

I think it’s 10 years since the wedding which would put aegon at like 14 or 15?

Efb

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I liked this episode a lot, but I gotta say for a seat of a House and the current Hand, Harrenhal seems to have some poo poo security. Larys' Three Bad Dudes put Ramsay's Twenty Good Men to shame. Just pluck some random criminals out of the black cells and you too can kill the second most powerful man in the Kingdoms.

oh yeah that scene was kinda dumb right? felt like big "this is a thing from the books" energy there. the spymaster guy having a team of mute assassins seems cool on paper but it'd be pretty easy to confess to stuff if you got caught still. could write it down, do charades, stomp your foot like Clever Hans etc

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Did the Lannister guy change his name or is it the same actor playing a different character? I swear it was Jason in the last episode.

Edit: nvm I guess they’re twin brothers?

Starks fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 26, 2022

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
It's one actor playing twin characters.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

It's one actor playing twin characters.

Yeah my bad I totally missed that.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Great episode, you could cut the tension with a knife. Larys is such a goofball though. I feel like if you're going to kill your own brother you should do it for a specific goal, not an undefined favor. It's a big card to play, it's not like you can kill your brother twice.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 26, 2022

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whats up with bug girl

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i feel like the ask is implied, he wants her rubberstamp on the lordship he'd stand to inherit if, say, his father and brother happened to burn to death in a hay-stuffed barn

arrowdust
Jan 26, 2015

That DICK! posted:

oh yeah that scene was kinda dumb right? felt like big "this is a thing from the books" energy there. the spymaster guy having a team of mute assassins seems cool on paper but it'd be pretty easy to confess to stuff if you got caught still. could write it down, do charades, stomp your foot like Clever Hans etc

They're commoners, what an amazing pre-medieval world it would be if they could read and write

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

pospysyl posted:

Great episode, you could cut the tension with a knife. Larys is such a goofball though. I feel like if you're going to kill your own brother you should do it for a specific goal, not an undefined favor. It's a big card to play, it's not like you can kill your brother twice.

I don't understand why he wants to mess with the great thing he has going: his father's the hand of the king, his brother is banging the crown princess, and he's a close councilor to the queen. Whichever way the succession plays out he's going to come out on top.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh im sorry mr. dictionary, are commoners incapable of playing charades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

zoux posted:

Whats up with bug girl

Alicent lost a few of the Targaryen coin flips