Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
you were trying to kill yourself werent you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Das Boo posted:

I think "Jonas Venture is ALIVE?! Oh, wait, no." was one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen.
So funny they did it twice.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

If that were a woman I'd marry it

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
One of the eps feature a cold open where 21 is getting the car ready and is doing this kinda epic music thing like “bah budda bahm bahm bahm buh bah buddy bahm bahm” and then he’s joined by 24 who’s going “doo… do do Do!” And then I think Monarch joins them for an epic 3 man acapella session.

What episode is that? This segment has been living rent free in my head for years.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

AmbientParadox posted:

One of the eps feature a cold open where 21 is getting the car ready and is doing this kinda epic music thing like “bah budda bahm bahm bahm buh bah buddy bahm bahm” and then he’s joined by 24 who’s going “doo… do do Do!” And then I think Monarch joins them for an epic 3 man acapella session.

What episode is that? This segment has been living rent free in my head for years.

S2E02, Hate Floats. It's just 21 and 24. The music is Mars, Bringer of War.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

AmbientParadox posted:

The music is Mars, Bringer of War.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That piece of music is used in a lot of movies, and every time I hear it, 21 and 24 start singing it in my head.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

And during part of I also hear "doop, doop, doop, doop, doop-doop, BUWWWAAAAAH - daddy's home"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ruddiger posted:

That piece of music is used in a lot of movies, and every time I hear it, 21 and 24 start singing it in my head.
I had it as my ringtone for a while and a couple people recognized it as Mars, while nobody recognized it as 21 and 24 :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

AmbientParadox posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTKr-0DDMBk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
At a Best Western.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

E,fb

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
One of my favorite things about that scene is the music starts when the Monarch first pops up, but it's background and very distant.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
"And now I write this final chapter with the blood of my enemies! It's the little button on the sleeve." *slices off minion's head*

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The moment when 24 pulls up and is also singing is maybe my favorite single thing in the whole series.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

qirex posted:

The moment when 24 pulls up and is also singing is maybe my favorite single thing in the whole series.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAH

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
That's one of my favorites, too.

I love how Monarch tries to climb his sideways throne, but falls on a door... which after a beat opens up, dropping him into the darkness. You just know he went through several of those doors before the curve of the cocoon made it so he landed on a wall.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

qirex posted:

I'm honestly not sure if anything has ever made me laugh harder in my life than the first time I saw that.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Thanks goons for confirming it’s not a fever dream but an actual bit from the show and that it’s just as good as I remember

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

lol Gary

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Gary is just the best boy living his best life. A real Hank.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

tarlibone posted:

That's one of my favorites, too.

I love how Monarch tries to climb his sideways throne, but falls on a door... which after a beat opens up, dropping him into the darkness. You just know he went through several of those doors before the curve of the cocoon made it so he landed on a wall.

Monarch singing 'been around the world and I-I-I' runs through my head at minimum every 3rd day

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I have friends of mine that I can just say "If you'd just followed the rules" and they'll yell back "THE GHOST PIRATE RULES"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Das Boo posted:

Gary is just the best boy living his best life. A real Hank.

Wait wait wait, is Gary a Hank or is Hank a Gary?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

when Dean asks why Hank isn’t being haunted and he just says ‘because I’m a good person?’ is such a great line and one of those bits that no one gets the reference

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Warbird posted:

Wait wait wait, is Gary a Hank or is Hank a Gary?

Yes.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Hank-Hank!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

QuarkJets posted:

If that were a woman I'd marry it

And I would jeopardize our friendship by nailing your hot wife.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TK-42-1 posted:

when Dean asks why Hank isn’t being haunted and he just says ‘because I’m a good person?’ is such a great line and one of those bits that no one gets the reference

Unless you get the voice crack perfect it's going to come off as such a jerk. I think I'd get it that line has stuck with me too.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
You can't be haunted if your pants are already haunted.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm really glad the boys got to grow out of being naive 60s kids.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Which is why I'm still hoping whatever they have for Hank for the movie, even if it short it delivers on his growth.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I just noticed the porkchop sandwiches shirt Gary wears, It's good to know he's a man of culture.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

TaurusTorus posted:

I just noticed the porkchop sandwiches shirt Gary wears, It's good to know he's a man of culture.

Gary 100% would've posted here in the early/mid 2000s.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also you'd probably recognize many of the other movements of Holst's The Planets if you heard them. It's all just so good

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Also you'd probably recognize many of the other movements of Holst's The Planets if you heard them. It's all just so good

Eh, Mars and Jupiter for sure. The other ones aren't nearly as huge in the public conscious.

That said, you'll recognize the tones throughout. John Williams was so inspired by Holst for Star Wars.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
On my last day of work for several jobs where I answered phones for a living I answered "Atomic Comic Collection Connection" in as Gary a voice I could pull off.

No one ever got it.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

pablo gbscobar posted:

Gary 100% would've posted here in the early/mid 2000s.

Doc and Jackson, please reveal Gary's Something Awful username in the series finale

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

The question is, was he banned (and what for) or what specific action by Lowtax did he quit the forums about?

Presumably him defending the actions of the Monarch in C-SPAM got him banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Happy Landfill posted:

Doc and Jackson, please reveal Gary's Something Awful username in the series finale

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=gary

Could it be gary? (I just searched to see if there was a gary thinking it was likely. Never read a post from this goon) I think Gary Fischer make more than 28 posts but maybe he was too busy with The Monarch.