Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kild posted:

If Exia's unchanged from the network test he just kinda fell into a worse and harder to use Barbatos category.

He seems a lot stronger now. At least, you can tell he exists lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Kild posted:

If Exia's unchanged from the network test he just kinda fell into a worse and harder to use Barbatos category.

For my little playtime I actually had an easier time wiping teams with the Exia than the Barbatos.

RBA Starblade posted:

He seems a lot stronger now. At least, you can tell he exists lol

During the playtest there was a guy who just mainlined Exia and I saw him every day, and the dude was just making GBS threads on teams. I had to dedicate myself to killing him whenever he was on the opposite team otherwise all of my dumb pubbies would just melt away like ice in the summer sun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
From what I can tell, as someone who will never use Exia unless forced, the biggest strength Exia has is that it's really hard to track its movements. Dude stands still for like two seconds, vanishes, then stabs you in the back. So people who can predict where it's going will absolutely shred it, and the Dom's splash damage just batters it around. Though the exia should have its guns forcibly taken away and replaced with something better. Way too many randos try to play sniper with those stupid things.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm never using anything but Unicorn since that's the one thing I paid for and will pay for.

Its big weakness is that it's entirely reliant on your team to do anything, so if they're dogshit, you can't save them. It's a cool kit though. I think it probably should have a bit more health and a longer cooldown on the armor? Other than that it feels fairly well balanced - hide behind the beefboys, avoid the enemy beefs (because you have zero way to get around shields and they no-sell the gatling and funnels), shield funnel flankers, beam magnum a hallway or chokepoint, say "even so" every time anything happens at all

A longer cooldown on the armour would be nice. If your team can't consistently down the enemy unicorn sometimes it feels like that armor has a near constant up time with how fast it is.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 26, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm never using anything but Unicorn since that's the one thing I paid for and will pay for.

Its big weakness is that it's entirely reliant on your team to do anything, so if they're dogshit, you can't save them. It's a cool kit though. I think it probably should have a bit more health and a longer cooldown on the armor? Other than that it feels fairly well balanced - hide behind the beefboys, avoid the enemy beefs (because you have zero way to get around shields and they no-sell the gatling and funnels), shield funnel flankers, beam magnum a hallway or chokepoint, say "even so" every time anything happens at all

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I yell UNICOOORRRNNN every time I pick it, and so should you :hai:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
yeah, I like having a Unicorn on the team especially when I'm playing Marasai or Sazabi, the repair aura is just enough to let the big suits play a little more aggressively and worry less about getting whittled down before they can close a gap or line up their ranged specials

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The best thing about the armor is it stops a guaranteed kill from GM Sniper on a lot of suits; if the team figures that out and capitalizes it goes a long way to neutralizing it.

If.

Terper posted:

I yell UNICOOORRRNNN every time I pick it, and so should you :hai:

I piss everyone in group chat off by doing this in MBON and also saying "beam magnum!" whenever I fire it

I fire it a lot

e: Come to think of it Gundam's kind of been p pervasive for me all pandemic lol, between this and that

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 26, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the hambrabi is such an easy slam pick alt skin for the asshimar and i want to play as the hammrabi, gently caress i'd probably shell out some cash for that

whenever i play against the unicorn it feels like i'm fighting a much harder to kill team jsut because the robot exists and it makes me mad, and when the unicorn is on my team i feel like we have a much easier time of things because whenever i am low on health and fall back i start regenning instantly. idk if that's just a perception thing or what but i can't say unicorn buffs sound like a good idea to me

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

if the enemy team has a Unicorn you pretty much need someone dedicated to diving that Unicorn whenever possible

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Chairman posted:

if the enemy team has a Unicorn you pretty much need someone dedicated to diving that Unicorn whenever possible

My group learned the hard way that the other team will figure this out extremely quickly. A few games a Barbatos dedicated themselves to suicide bombing me and accepting it's a one way trip lmao

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

yeah as a low health high value target i always try to hit the unicorn whenever i get a chance. it tends to be surrounded by other robots though and i don't play barb or exia (don't play exia, barb feels painfully slow for the role and i don't enjoy it), not sure what other suits could make the hard commit on that

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'd like the barb so much more, both playing as and against, if it got its network test speed back but its stun didn't do loving 700 damage on top of the stun. why the hell is that a thing lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Point capture on Harbor City is miserable, that spawn point is comically far away from A lol

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

man i'd loving love playing on harbor city if the GM sniper didn't exist

alas

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
There is some form of unwritten rule in game dev where if a game can be made less fun by the existence of a sniper character, you must put one in.

It is known.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's pretty funny that the gigantic future robot, instead of laser guns or whatever else, has the world's largest bolt action rifle instead

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
There's a variant that uses a beam rifle but it more or less needed a half mobile suit sized cooling unit to hook up to in order to fire it more than every few minutes.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

ninjewtsu posted:

yeah as a low health high value target i always try to hit the unicorn whenever i get a chance. it tends to be surrounded by other robots though and i don't play barb or exia (don't play exia, barb feels painfully slow for the role and i don't enjoy it), not sure what other suits could make the hard commit on that

Asshimar and Zaku ranged spec are decent at it too, especially since they've got good escapes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

It's pretty funny that the gigantic future robot, instead of laser guns or whatever else, has the world's largest bolt action rifle instead

actually its cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8PuKqUNTd0

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I remember there being a fantasy bullshit reason for that kind of thing in universe with the Minovsky Particles

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the reason is theres no BVR combat because fusion reactors double as ECM. Also incidentally everything is coated to be immune to lasers(so far as what you can put on a warship) so the only options are kinetics and particle beams.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol at the dropkick on the fighter

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The Chairman posted:

Asshimar and Zaku ranged spec are decent at it too, especially since they've got good escapes

see that's what i was thinking about, asshimar is more mid-ranged harassment on the backline rather than that kind of hard dive - it doesn't really have the up close and personal high damage tools that would let it make a quick kill, and all the units around a unicorn help keep it relatively safe from most of asshimar's harassment tricks (obviously still as vulnerable as any robot in a group when they get distracted, but point being it's not guaranteed at all). ranged zaku can get in easily, and has a high damage gun, but it's not the 100-0 kind of kill the melee robots can do, the zaku would need to get some good headshots in before everyone blows the gently caress out of the paper mache robot bullrushing them

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the thing i love most about the GM sniper is its massive giant robot scale scope. just a gigantic glass lens on the 18-wheeler sized tube lmao

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

ninjewtsu posted:

see that's what i was thinking about, asshimar is more mid-ranged harassment on the backline rather than that kind of hard dive - it doesn't really have the up close and personal high damage tools that would let it make a quick kill, and all the units around a unicorn help keep it relatively safe from most of asshimar's harassment tricks (obviously still as vulnerable as any robot in a group when they get distracted, but point being it's not guaranteed at all). ranged zaku can get in easily, and has a high damage gun, but it's not the 100-0 kind of kill the melee robots can do, the zaku would need to get some good headshots in before everyone blows the gently caress out of the paper mache robot bullrushing them

Sometimes just forcing the Unicorn away from the rest of the team is valuable enough, too, even if you can't guarantee a kill

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
From my experience as a Unicorn Zakus are sufficiently dangerous to be worried about - Asshimar solo harassment on the other hand way less so. Unless they completely take you by surprise from above or behind they do not have the damage to put you down before you can swiss cheese their head with the beam gatling

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

One of these voices is Goku, isn't it

Goku is now the voice of all my units

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ninjewtsu posted:

the thing i love most about the GM sniper is its massive giant robot scale scope. just a gigantic glass lens on the 18-wheeler sized tube lmao

For real you could probably resolve the craters on Pluto with that thing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Unless I'm doing a challenge I pretty much stick to Unicorn now. Feeling like I've got strong offensive guns paired with a solid support aura kit means that I'm constantly contributing to the team fight, even if I'm ducking back to recover.

Of course this is countered by the fact that the Unicorn only has 800 HP so I need to keep my head on a swivel.

If an Exia manages to get the drop on me and says "No I am gundam" then welp I guess you're right, buddy.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RBA Starblade posted:

It's basically just a gigantic tank cannon in the shape of a rifle.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Runa posted:

Unless I'm doing a challenge I pretty much stick to Unicorn now. Feeling like I've got strong offensive guns paired with a solid support aura kit means that I'm constantly contributing to the team fight, even if I'm ducking back to recover.

Of course this is countered by the fact that the Unicorn only has 800 HP so I need to keep my head on a swivel.

If an Exia manages to get the drop on me and says "No I am gundam" then welp I guess you're right, buddy.

On the bright side, if the Exia misses? rata-tat-tat

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone have tips on how to land the barbatos M2 slam? I find the aim lock timing unintuitive and I keep whiffing.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Got a four minute battle ban because the game crashed three times with three different error codes - 503, 504, and 505 - and it has been unstable all day. Sounds don't play properly and after I spawn they will suddenly play about ten voices at once while the game grinds to a halt for a few seconds and then I can continue. Music is also bugged at times and randomly starts/stops

Base game feels good but yikes they need to fix some of this

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Getting temp-banned from a casual match because the server crashed on startup feels bad, but it also doesn't seem to stop leavers anyway so it's tough all around. I do really like that the game just auto-ends when enough people leave.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Every match is crashing right now. Somethings wrong.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
yay I got enough blue coins to unlock a suit. Gimmie dat unicorn.

(Also I suffered my first crash just now.)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I hope this gets sorted out by the time I get home from work

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Anyone have tips on how to land the barbatos M2 slam? I find the aim lock timing unintuitive and I keep whiffing.

the what lock?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Runa posted:

I hope this gets sorted out by the time I get home from work

Still hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

the what lock?

During the actual swing of the stun barbatos can not turn, and so neither can the camera