Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'll stan Nixon not being particularly bad compared to other presidents; like Trump, his badness is more public because he pissed off the wrong powerful also-bad people.

one thing i like about nixon is his pure hatred for the ivies and their academics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

LastInLine posted:

I unironically stan Nixon. Not a great guy for a lot of reasons but when you take into account the competition and just tally the balls and strikes, Tricky Dick comes out better than most and if you ignore ideology and just measure by his efficacy as a politician he doesn't fare too poorly until an admittedly ignoble final defeat.

[Mumbling]Jesus Christ

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

quote:

Nixon made this callous statement after the National Prayer Breakfast in February 1972, while talking to Chief of Staff Haldeman and Reverend Billy Graham about the Vietnam War.

“Who is more keenly aware than I am that, from a political standpoint, we should have flushed it down the drain three years ago, blamed Johnson and Kennedy?” he asked rhetorically. “Kennedy got us in, Johnson kept us in. I could have blamed them and been the national hero! As Eisenhower was for ending Korea.”

What would Vietnam have looked like if the war had ended earlier? “It wouldn’t have been too bad,” Nixon guessed. “Sure, the North Vietnamese would have probably slaughtered and castrated two million South Vietnamese Catholics, but nobody would have cared.

“These little brown people, so far away,” he continued, “we don’t know them very well, naturally you would say.”

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

vyelkin posted:

it's okay, you don't actually have to hand it to the guy who bombed tens of thousands of Cambodian civilians to death and sponsored the Pinochet coup

You don't have to hand it to the guys who bombed non-Cambodians, either.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

quote:

“I didn’t notice many Jewish names coming back from Vietnam on any of those lists; I don’t know how the hell they avoid it,” he remarked.

When then-Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said, “If [the Soviets] put Jews into gas chambers in the Soviet Union, it is not an American concern,” Nixon concurred. “I know,” he responded. “We can’t blow up the world because of it.” (See the Dec. 11New York Times story for more background.)

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
You could say Nixon was...complicated

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

You could say Nixon was...complicated

The eternal funny Nixon factoid is that he was a Quaker

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no us president will ever reach the lofty moral heights of the average serial killer, of course. but in comparison to their peers some are relatively less bad. mostly, some killed fewer people and some are funny.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

one thing i like about nixon is his pure hatred for the ivies and their academics

He's a lot like Trump in that respect, though it is funny that Nixon and a lot of similar figures were actually petty booj to outright poor while Trump is somehow too much of an incompetent rear end in a top hat for New York

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Al Gore and Bill Clinton's tiny running shorts

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

A Bakers Cousin posted:

[Muttering] Jesus Christ

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Al Gore's tiny dicktip outline

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

silicone thrills posted:

Despite Trump's greater girth Bill will always be the American President with the most "fat kid" energy

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

War and Pieces posted:

Despite Trump's greater girth Bill will always be the American President with the most "fat kid" energy

The SNL skit where Phil Hartman as Bill Clinton visits a Mcdonalds while on a diet will live forever in my memory.

My brother and I will still yell out "warlord!" At each other before stealing food.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I feel like this is telling on yourself having someone on ignore. That's why you keep missing.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The SNL skit where Phil Hartman as Bill Clinton visits a Mcdonalds while on a diet will live forever in my memory.

My brother and I will still yell out "warlord!" At each other before stealing food.

"There's gonna be a lot of things we won't be telling Mrs. Clinton about"

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Double post

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

MD2020 posted:

"There's gonna be a lot of things we won't be telling Mrs. Clinton about"

lol i forgot all about this skit

holy poo poo look at who is in it, SNL used to be something quite amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYt0khR_ej0

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Andy Dick got Phil’s wife off the wagon and she ended up killing him as a consequence

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

HootTheOwl posted:

I feel like this is telling on yourself having someone on ignore. That's why you keep missing.

What

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

guidoanselmi posted:

Andy Dick got Phil’s wife off the wagon and she ended up killing him as a consequence

then he made a joke about it to Jon Lovitz who then beat him up

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

christmas boots posted:

yeah about how he was her coke plug and directly was responsible for her murder suicide. my understanding was that jon slapped him upside his head for just being unfunny

andy dick was only ever funny when other people were writing for him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't think even hollywood caliber therapists could unfuck andy dick. He's a loving nut. I remember laughing at his show when I was a kid

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
what happened to Tom Green

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

testicular cancer

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Either you can't count to 40 or something is causing you to miss every time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Either you can't count to 40 or something is causing you to miss every time.

That’s not how the ignore list works

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s not how the ignore list works

I wouldn't know, I'm not a coward :colbert:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah about how he was her coke plug and directly was responsible for her murder suicide. my understanding was that jon slapped him upside his head for just being unfunny

andy dick was only ever funny when other people were writing for him

lol it’s wilder than I remembered

This is just after Lovitz joins the NewsRadio cast after Hartman’s death

quote:

According to Lovitz, Dick was “complaining” and giving him “a hard time for no reason” before he eventually told him he shouldn’t be there. So, Lovitz replied, “Well, I wouldn’t be here if you hadn’t given Brynn coke in the first place.”

But their words didn’t escalate beyond that. “Later on we made up, and I said ‘I’m sorry I said that,'” Lovitz told [Dennis] Miller. “I realized it really wasn’t his fault. Everything was fine for years.”

Many years after Hartman’s violent death, when a heavily intoxicated Dick visited a restaurant that Lovitz co-owned, he approached the table where the comedian sat with guests and drank their bottles of peach liqueur.

“He’s standing there with liqueur dripping down his chin and he says, ‘I put the Phil Hartman hex on you, you’re the next one to die,'” Lovitz described to Miller. “And he’s smiling, and my blood just went to my head. I wanted to smash him, but if I hit him he would have gone flying into the table behind him.”

So, Lovitz told Dick’s friend to get him out and banned him from the restaurant. But they crossed paths again later. And this time, their confrontation was more than just a conversation.

According to Lovitz’s interview with Miller, he reencountered Dick and expected him to apologize for his behavior in the restaurant. But instead, Dick told him, “Well, you know why I said that? Because you said I killed Phil Hartman. That’s the first thing you said to me when you got on the show.”

“I just lost it, so I grabbed him by the shirt and I pushed him against the wall. And he’s just smiling at me …” the former Saturday Night Live star shared. “I … pushed him really hard and I smashed his back and his head into the bar. And I did it again. I would have kept going, but the doorman broke it up.”

During the interview, Miller described Lovitz as “one of the most loveable, easygoing guys” and said he “loves” the story about Dick. “Good for you my friend,” he concluded.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
More like Dennass Miller

Because he is a tool!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

he was in lol canada not too long ago. still a really funny guy

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

christmas boots posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BuRArvMMsI

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1252635545982963712

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Trump thinks the human body is like a battery and when you use up energy exercising you hasten your own death

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
he's right

if you want to live as long as possible you gotta eat a very low calorie diet and conserve your energy. a low dose of metformin helps, for some reason. although you can go for a normal lifespan while exercising because the increase cardiovascular health and so on makes up for the oxidative stress. also probably improves the repair mechanisms to some extent. jury's out. being sedentary *and* fat is real bad though

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Sep 26, 2022

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Instead of 5G, they should have put one of those little displays that shows how many heartbeats you have left in everyone's arms with the covid vaccine.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It is funny that you look that quote up and in the articles they usually put another one where he's like "all my friends who exercise are getting knee and hip replacements now that they're old - not me!" and like, solid point lol

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Big water. Ocean water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
"I have a black, a woman, two Jews, and a cripple."

(This is going back all the way to the far off year of 1983.)