Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Frankston posted:

The best thing about cyberpunk was my character's enormous breasts and dong.
But you couldn't see yourself in third person except for menus, walk around the city naked, or even be naked in your own apartment! What a waste!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not a problem, there was also a bug where anyone's breasts and dong would glitch through clothes at random

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

CottonWolf posted:

I liked the game, but this is true. None of the other set-piece missions come close to that first set of missions.

I'd say the Judy/River/Panam side stuff comes close.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Augus posted:

building my character into a ninja that pops people’s heads off with the monowire and the Sandavistan has been pretty fun

I had no idea what the monowire was when I first installed it but it quickly became one of my favorite pieces of cyberware. Oops, you don't need that head attached to your body, right?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

haveblue posted:

Not a problem, there was also a bug where anyone's breasts and dong would glitch through clothes at random

that still happens lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

I'd say the Judy/River/Panam side stuff comes close.

You’d be wrong. It’s marginally better than the rest of the incredibly basic missions the game sends you through, but nowhere near the opening stuff like the Maelstrom standoff or the heist itself.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I never beat C2077 so I assume all the big choices happen later, but even just walking around talking to people and getting little minor differences in dialogue or plot without changing it was cool, like how what you do with Jackie's body can lead to an incredibly elaborate wake at the bar, even if it doesn't actually 'change' the plot before or after much. Stuff like that was far more interesting to me than not being able to do GTA car chases, though eventually the bugs got too bad to continue regardless.

Deciding what to do with Jackie's body is about as impactful as the decisions get lol. That bit closes the first act, and there are few if any opportunities like that until the final mission. For the last two thirds of the game it's pretty much limited to choosing whether to complete a sidequest chain that might provide closure for a supporting character or unlock an ending. The only other example I can come up with is there's a tiny sidequest that skips a fight if your street cred is high enough to intimidate some hoodlums.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Once you get past the heist the rear end absolutely falls out of the game. Nothing else beyond that has even 10% of the same care and attention given to it.

Yup. It's like the horse drawing meme people use to rag on game of thrones, except the tail manages to be as richly detailed as the head and neck.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Was kinda hoping that God of War's NG+ would remove the Blades of Chaos because the moment you get them in the story was so loving awesome and impactful that using them up to that point robs it of all of that. So I just restarted and am going to blitz through the story and if I'm feeling up to it just resume my NG+ game on my 100%'d save.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1574493335497998336?t=7oZrwN_TGG-Q2MjEcF2mMA&s=19

acksplode
May 17, 2004

No digital camo face plates? Pass

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The best thing about cyberpunk is that it shows how good PC RT effects can be with some places being flat out transformed... but I don't think ps5 version is able to achieve the same level as a card that cost me more than twice what the ps5 did... The actual game.. well Jackie was great... while he was around.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Volte posted:

Copy and print?

Uh. Must made this post while high

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Holy poo poo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

After watching Tim Rogers' Boku no Natsuyasumi review I'm strongly tempted to get the Shin-chan game on sale now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Twibbit posted:

The best thing about cyberpunk is that it shows how good PC RT effects can be with some places being flat out transformed... but I don't think ps5 version is able to achieve the same level as a card that cost me more than twice what the ps5 did... The actual game.. well Jackie was great... while he was around.

Ps5 rt cyberpunk looks great and its a great game now they balanced everything and fixed poo poo

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Twibbit posted:

The best thing about cyberpunk is that it shows how good PC RT effects can be with some places being flat out transformed...
It's pretty much the only thing that pulled me through to finish it. It's cool to see an open world that detailed and pretty, despite the simulation being painfully shallow. Ironically considering the setting, it's outdoors during daylight hours that I thought RT had the biggest impact. Gets the lighting just right in all the areas shadowed by buildings and overpasses. RT improves lighting indoors and at night too but I thought the raster lighting did a decent enough job there, reflections aside.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Cyberpunk offers players the choice of ‘breaking through a door (loud), going through a grate (quiet), regular entry, or a back way with a medkit’

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Cyberpunk offers players the choice of ‘breaking through a door (loud), going through a grate (quiet), regular entry, or a back way with a medkit’

There is depth to it though, you must have a minimum strength score to break open the door.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

And that's just at the start. Over time you can spec into custom builds like guy who double jumps across half the lovely mission

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

cyberpunk has the best motorcycle physics in gaming

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bop bop perano posted:

How far are u

only on day 3, I’m savouring this one. It’s so cool how much recorded dialogue is in it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Neil Fuckmann

lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

as much as i couldn't stand cyberpunk at launch, i'm willing to give a development team a second chance and try a game that they've been hard at work updating for months and months.

i almost jumped on the 9.99 ps4 disc version bc why not. but truth is, god of war is right around the corner and my backlog is already filled with stuff i actually want to play that i can't imagine i'd ever get around to cp2077 before it eventually becomes free on ps++ or something

They worked hard on the original release. Too hard, famously

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

acksplode posted:

No digital camo face plates? Pass

Sold separately imo

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
clooberpooper is absolutely my favorite im glad im not playing fallout 76 game ever

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Finally got a chance to play again and Im at level 4 (the tower) on Sifu, at age..... 38? Got to the boss of the tower on the first try but gently caress I got destroyed. I still feel like sometimes I do the right dodge though and it doesn't work. I'll go left instead of lift my legs etc. Very finicky.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What the heck @ people saying Cyberpunk is only good at the very start... that's crazy! There's so much good story stuff after that. You don't even have Johnny yet!!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It's a good game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Johnny is the worst part of the game though

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

High praise of the rest of the game, I'm into it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

kirbysuperstar posted:

:goofy:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What the heck @ people saying Cyberpunk is only good at the very start... that's crazy! There's so much good story stuff after that. You don't even have Johnny yet!!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

only on day 3, I’m savouring this one. It’s so cool how much recorded dialogue is in it.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

The worst part of Disco Elysium is it’s fandom

Edit: the best part is the actual game

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

its as far as they got so they have no idea that theres fun to be had

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i am dumb and bad with money so I am now downloading the last of us remake

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Augus posted:

i am dumb and bad with money so I am now downloading the last of us remake

That's cool, I hope you enjoy it. Even though I've purchased that game 4+ separate times I still want to play the remake. Can you tell me if there's a 'Mirror World' tweak or option?

Hell, I'd also prolly pony up for a remaster of 2LOU, because I'm a suckman for the Druck man

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

I (am in) love (with) Johnny Silverhand.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think TLOU Part 1 has an option to mirror the world every time you die, so it probably has a straight up mirror world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

I think TLOU Part 1 has an option to mirror the world every time you die, so it probably has a straight up mirror world

Holy poo poo, yes. That's an old favorite from UC1 & UC2, but I believe ND didn't bother to put it into any subsequent games until it was patched into 2LOU in 2020.