Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Chainclaw posted:

are there any AI projects that use midi files as input instead of actual audio?
Yeah, it seems really obvious to me that you'd want to use MIDI as a sort of "middleware" for AI synthesis generally

Train a composer AI on actual sequencing and then a producer AI to punch it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hypersphere bubble gum planet, higher dimensions, by alex grey, 4k high quality --testp

hypersphere bubble gum planet, higher dimensions, style of alex grey, style of hans zatzka, style of cyril rolando (--testp or --test)

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Sedgr posted:

No tinkering these are unedited. Its interesting how changing the resolution changes the composition. Also, for anyone else using the Automatic1111, you can go into the ui-config JSON and change the Batch count max to whatever. I was running into issues because I couldnt do more than one image in a row changing the batch size without hitting a mem issue. But I could change the batch count and do up to 16. So now with the max changed I can do much larger batches.

Oh that's awesome to see, I was wondering about how I could go about raising my batch count, since same as you more than one image in a batch is a hard No on my system. Very helpful.

TIP posted:

I was having the same issue and aside from the reboot I also made one change to the installation that might be what fixed it. During startup of SD I noticed a warning that said something like "LDSR is missing" and said that it was missing a "latent-diffusion" folder.

So I googled and found this:
https://github.com/CompVis/latent-diffusion

I downloaded that repo and put it in the spot specified in the error and changed the folder name to match (the repo's folder name was longer, shortened it to just latent-diffusion).

I didn't mention it earlier because upon restart I got a different error when it couldn't find another file in latent-diffusion. I couldn't figure out where to find that other file so I gave up on that and figured I had added the wrong repo, but I guess it might be what made it work.
Not sure this will help anyone else but I figured I'd share what worked for me, I wasn't able to get LDSR working at all either, it wanted to download a model file to put in repositories\latent-diffusion\experiments\pretrained_models and was failing every time. I manually downloaded https://heibox.uni-heidelberg.de/f/578df07c8fc04ffbadf3/ this model file, renamed it to model.chkpt , and it made LDSR function for me when I put it in that location it wanted. Whew, it takes a while on my 1070ti though.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

A smattering of things mostly Anubis related. Couple Minotaur. A few Horus.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
roast chicken top down food photography 4k canon 80mm

tiling mode

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

AARD VARKMAN posted:

a geode split open to display a terrifying cosmic horror inside, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed
Steps: 50, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7.5, Size: 512x640

A bagpiper split open to display a terrifying cosmic horror inside, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The pipes of dooooom

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

they're coming, cosmic horror, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed
Negative prompt: (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA

the last restaurant, abyssal horror, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed
Negative prompt: (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA

I feel slightly guilty for using the same style so often but I just love the way it turns out for basically everything

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Snowy posted:

A bagpiper split open to display a terrifying cosmic horror inside, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed

horrifying, thank you

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Tentacle Horrors.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i've summoned some beings as well

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Getting into the Halloween spirit

We call her Gramma Pumpkin. We tend to let her be.

Oh that's the old McKenzie place...we don't go around there no more.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 27, 2022

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
Outstanding! What y'all can do with AI generation is really something else.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Those are some interesting celestial beings.

Everyones stuff looking good.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Natural enemy of the Tentacle Horror is the Space Whale.

See More Butts
Dec 29, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

roast chicken top down food photography 4k canon 80mm

tiling mode

That's neat

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Hope Im not spamming, shout if you want me to stop.

Some cheesecake Angels, and some neato headware.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Going to lay off till tomorrow after this. :hmmyes:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spamming is great when it comes with prompts :v:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Those last ones were all "colorful painting, ((cyberpunk)), Quetzalcoatl, dark, gothic, detailed, intricate, geometric"

Most everything Ive posted was a variant of that replacing the god.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
try janus, he has two heads

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sedgr posted:

Those last ones were all "colorful painting, ((cyberpunk)), Quetzalcoatl, dark, gothic, detailed, intricate, geometric"

Most everything Ive posted was a variant of that replacing the god.

KnightRider
Jan 7, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Got 25 free images on the midjourney discord.

"mediterranean garden with statues overlooking ancient Rome"

"Babylonian hanging gardens with canals and tall pyramids"

"Babylonian hanging gardens with large pool and temples by Van Gogh"

Somebody started using my babylon idea and i stole this from them:

"yosemite 4k waterfalls pine trees hyper realistic rivers"

"tenochtitlan aztec temples with gardens and canals and jungle and jaguar warriors" (apparently the jaguar warriors were too much for it)

"Redwood forest with waterfalls"

SIMBA...

KnightRider fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 27, 2022

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Rutibex posted:

try janus, he has two heads

Janus or...colorful painting, ((cyberpunk)), Janus, dark, gothic, detailed, intricate, geometric

Last four I reduced the strength of cyberpunk a bit, Janus was getting lost...colorful painting, cyberpunk, Janus, dark, gothic, detailed, intricate, geometric

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

In the inpainting mode of the Automatic1111 gui, does anyone else sometimes find that the cursor will just refuse to go where you want it?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It has trouble with edges

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The Thinker statue as a rat. In a museum.

Realistic wild European dragon, in a mountain setting. highly detailed, ultra realistic, 8k resolution wildlife photography by Sir David Attenborough

gigantic muscly brown elephant dragon hybrid monster rampaging over iranian wilderness. Scaly skin. Very scary. Demonic face. [There were a few more prompt words here but automatic1111 didn't save them and I forgot what they were]

And finally, some star-dressed women! Bonus points for guessing the inspiration.

Beautiful Pink haired young woman wearing a purple elegant mature gorgeous pure dress made out of a sea of stars. Purple Victorian dress.

Beautiful ((Pink haired)) young asian woman, thin face, large yes, wearing a purple elegant mature gorgeous pure dress made out of a sea of stars.

A beautiful young asian woman with long straight (pastel pink hair). large pretty eyes. smiling. Wearing a (((purple gauze ball gown))) decorated with stylized golden LED stars.

All with Euler A, varying CFG and sample sizes of 18-30ish.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

TheWorldsaStage posted:

As sad as it is, Looney Tunes fell the gently caress off. I remember even adults wearing LT merchandise in the 90's, but when Cartoon Network stopped playing those kind of things if fell off pop culture's radar, so the AI not knowing Bugs or Tweety etc makes sense.

No, it's Stable Diffusion specifically not knowing who Bugs Bunny is. Craiyon knows who he is and is doing its best:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

WhiteHowler posted:

Euler-a will exactly reproduce a previous prompt's output as long as you keep all input values the same, including the number of sampling steps. I don't exactly understand the logic, but I believe the "-a" variants use previous steps' output to inform the next step, so modifying the number of steps by even one can produce a drastically different result.

Other sampling modes tend to converge on an extremely similar result (both with themselves and with each other) above a certain threshold of sampling steps. This is why if you use the same seed for DDIM, the output at 40 steps should look almost identical to the output at 50 steps. Which should look very similar to the output from LMS at 40/50 steps.

If you do the same with Euler-a or DPM2-a, you'll usually get drastically different results at 40 and 50 steps.

There are several examples of this on Reddit. This post is good -- it shows the same prompt/seed/CFG values across the different sampling methods, and their output at different step counts. Note how Euler-a and DPM2-a have completely different results, both from the other methods and from themselves at different step counts.

Oh drat, this just made me realize Euler-a and DPM2-a are incredibly valuable in that you can generate a bunch of variations at low computational cost.

Is there currently any way to automatically generate a certain number of steps and save a certain range of them as images? It seems like running a single seed with 50 steps and saving 20-50 would be an incredible way to get 30 variations on a prompt very quickly.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

TIP posted:

Oh drat, this just made me realize Euler-a and DPM2-a are incredibly valuable in that you can generate a bunch of variations at low computational cost.

Is there currently any way to automatically generate a certain number of steps and save a certain range of them as images? It seems like running a single seed with 50 steps and saving 20-50 would be an incredible way to get 30 variations on a prompt very quickly.

if you're using automatic-1111 yeah.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Elotana posted:

I know this is the art thread but I figure someone here knows: what's the current state of play for writing AI? The OpenAI content filter isn't as punishing on GPT-3 as it is on D-2 but I've tripped it a few times and I'd rather not lose access to both figuring out where the line is. Is there a cheaper quality service or an SD equivalent that I can run offline (with hopefully less GPU requirements and possibly a GUI of some kind?)

I'm not looking to generate college essays or SEO summaries; my use case is cranking the temperature way up for something like dialogue or short sentences, re-running it a bunch, then panning the reams of incoherent gibberish for the nuggets of humor/creativity.

Wheany posted:

Follow these instructions to get started: https://huggingface.co/docs/transformers/model_doc/gpt_neo

edit:

With 8GB of VRAM, I can also use the 2.7 billion parameter model by using half precision:

Python code:
from transformers import GPTNeoForCausalLM, GPT2Tokenizer
import torch

device = "cuda:0" if torch.cuda.is_available() else "cpu"

model = GPTNeoForCausalLM.from_pretrained("EleutherAI/gpt-neo-2.7B").half().to(device)
tokenizer = GPT2Tokenizer.from_pretrained("EleutherAI/gpt-neo-2.7B")

prompt="butts, lol"

input_ids = tokenizer(prompt, return_tensors="pt").input_ids.to(device)

num_new_tokens = 50
temperature = 0.95
TOP_P = 0.9
repetition_penalty = 1.5

gen_tokens = model.generate(
                input_ids,
                do_sample=True,
                temperature=temperature,
                repetition_penalty=repetition_penalty,
                top_p=TOP_P,
                max_new_tokens=num_new_tokens,
                pad_token_id=tokenizer.eos_token_id
            )

print(tokenizer.batch_decode(gen_tokens)[0])
e2: it's not quite GPT-3, but it's pretty good

edit: This requires a lot of ram. I have 32GB on my computer and if i'm using more than ~12GB, the computer will swap like crazy while it's loading the model. Once it gets to the generating part ("gen_tokens=...."), the ram usage will plummet. But I've had my computer become completely unusable, mouse freezing and clock not updating for almost an hour when I tried to run this when I didn't have enough ram free.

Wheany fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 27, 2022

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
We should do a spooky season prompt-off when it rolls over to October

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Boba Pearl posted:

if you're using automatic-1111 yeah.

I really gotta get on that. I'm still running the first thing I installed right after the release but automatic-1111 has so many nice features.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wheany posted:

edit: This requires a lot of ram. I have 32GB on my computer and if i'm using more than ~12GB, the computer will swap like crazy while it's loading the model. Once it gets to the generating part ("gen_tokens=...."), the ram usage will plummet. But I've had my computer become completely unusable, mouse freezing and clock not updating for almost an hour when I tried to run this when I didn't have enough ram free.

Welp that's not happening with 12 gigs of total RAM lol.

Wheany posted:

No, it's Stable Diffusion specifically not knowing who Bugs Bunny is. Craiyon knows who he is and is doing its best:

:thunk:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

The Thinker statue as a rat. In a museum.

Realistic wild European dragon, in a mountain setting. highly detailed, ultra realistic, 8k resolution wildlife photography by Sir David Attenborough

gigantic muscly brown elephant dragon hybrid monster rampaging over iranian wilderness. Scaly skin. Very scary. Demonic face. [There were a few more prompt words here but automatic1111 didn't save them and I forgot what they were]

And finally, some star-dressed women! Bonus points for guessing the inspiration.

Beautiful Pink haired young woman wearing a purple elegant mature gorgeous pure dress made out of a sea of stars. Purple Victorian dress.

Beautiful ((Pink haired)) young asian woman, thin face, large yes, wearing a purple elegant mature gorgeous pure dress made out of a sea of stars.

A beautiful young asian woman with long straight (pastel pink hair). large pretty eyes. smiling. Wearing a (((purple gauze ball gown))) decorated with stylized golden LED stars.

All with Euler A, varying CFG and sample sizes of 18-30ish.

Its really funny to go through individual people's profiles on midjourney. You can see every picture they made, as well as the order they are made in. Almost every profile alternates between fantastic arts and different forms of hot ladies or very buff men. You will get a few days worth of "exotic hanging garden, comic style" followed by a day of "pinup girl, large feet, made of yogurt"

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

How is the progress on ai voiceover generation? I want to have Morgan Freeman narrate some stupid videos

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KinkyJohn posted:

How is the progress on ai voiceover generation? I want to have Morgan Freeman narrate some stupid videos

this is already easy to do. but it will cost you

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

mobby_6kl posted:

Welp that's not happening with 12 gigs of total RAM lol.

You can try the 1.3 billion parameter model instead, it still works kind of well.

Just substitute "EleutherAI/gpt-neo-1.3B" wherever the code says "EleutherAI/gpt-neo-2.7B"

And if that fails, you can try "EleutherAI/gpt-neo-125M"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Sedgr posted:

Tentacle Horrors.

What was your prompt for these? Just
" tentacle horrors"??