Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Which one of these has the Mach 5 as an unlockable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RareAcumen posted:

Which one of these has the Mach 5 as an unlockable

:yeshaha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgmTvU_FG5Q

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
God of War Ragnarok is out soon pretty baller time for PlayStation 4 owners

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JBP posted:

God of War Ragnarok is out soon pretty baller time for PlayStation 4 owners

I was just playing god of war 2018 the other day to re-familiarize myself with the gameplay and I forgot just how many cracks in walls you have to slowly go through to hide loading the next area… I wonder if the ps5 version will still have this, assuming the ps4 version will unless they’ve solved that problem somehow.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

bop bop perano posted:

I was just playing god of war 2018 the other day to re-familiarize myself with the gameplay and I forgot just how many cracks in walls you have to slowly go through to hide loading the next area… I wonder if the ps5 version will still have this, assuming the ps4 version will unless they’ve solved that problem somehow.

The PS4 version should have the cracks in the walls and every time you shuffle through it advertises PS5. If you click go to store it's out of stock and you have to reload your save.

On PS5 Kratos shuffles through the same way but says "ain't nobody got time for this!"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

10 years from now there's gonna be $15 Steam trash with slow wall-walking sections and gamers will say, "I really missed this."

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Kratos is just perpetually greasy in the PS5 version, he goes through those cracks like lightning through a wet dog

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JBP posted:

The PS4 version should have the cracks in the walls and every time you shuffle through it advertises PS5. If you click go to store it's out of stock and you have to reload your save.

On PS5 Kratos shuffles through the same way but says "ain't nobody got time for this!"

Is...is this...Sony CEO Jim Ryan posting?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

After what ND achieved with rapid cracksneak in 2LOU, if GoWRag contains one single instance of slowcrack to hide loading assets...it goes in the hamper with the other rags.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Is...is this...Sony CEO Jim Ryan posting?

Jim has been on probation since his last post. It's a rolling probe.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kazzah posted:

Kratos is just perpetually greasy in the PS5 version, he goes through those cracks like lightning through a wet dog

and he makes a THOOOP sound

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I mean I'm playing it again and enjoying it, I enjoyed FO3 also, it's just..you know, what it is and all

No! Cp2077 is light years better than fo3 and thats just going off the launch release. Even the xbone1 version. Yeah i said it. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Release the games, jim.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Fallout 3 was my first bethesda game and my first real experience of a big open world game. I loved it all the way up to the end choice where it annoyed me so much that I have never completed another bethesda game all the way through. One of those decisions that I do not understand why they picked it.

Also when the DLC came out for it that changed the ending I still never got around to playing it.

I think Fallout3 is the leading reason why I wait to play games until they have all DLC together and why if I do play before this, I struggle to return to them to just do the DLC; like Frozen Wilds which I have owned since release and not played or the Spider-man DLC. (Echoes of the Eye did break this trend though :))

My favourite Fallout is Fallout 4 though. Cyberpunk 2077 is the neon fallout 4. ;)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I played some (heavily modded) FO3 for the first time earlier this year, and I liked it. It felt even less like NV than I expected, but sometimes in a positive way. They clearly had more time to flesh out all the little dungeons in the world, and there was more of them.

It was a port to the NV version of the game engine, so it ran like a dream, and supported many NV mods.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Fallout 3 is a great game, I have many many happy memories of it - the fire ants (THEM!), the antagonizer/mechanist battle, Three Dog, wandering about the wasteland for about 50 hours before going to rivet city, the wasteland survival guide, Megaton, Tenpenny Tower, the Oasis. Just a game I have so much fondness for

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll play God of War Ragnarok on my PlayStation 4 and enjoy it. You'll have the same climbing sections on your power hungry hot big rear end console :q:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

History Comes Inside! posted:

unsure why people who really love a given game are so determined to make sure everyone else loves it too i mean its a fuckin game

if you cant see the difference between sharing love and sharing hate then i am not sure theres a reason to ever interact with you again

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

VideoGames posted:

. One of those decisions that I do not understand why they picked it.

I am not sure who their main writer is but I have played oblivion and fo3 to the end, and both have featured some of the worst endings I have seen in video games. Good at lore, environment story telling, side quests and little stories, but the overarching plot is more often than not the weakest.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've been playing Scarlet Nexus lately and been finding it surprisingly enjoyable. I thought it'd be a fairly simple action RPG with an anime plot with psychic powers all over the place, but the combat gives you a ton of options to play with and the story gets bonkers in interesting ways. My only complaint is that there are two storylines to play through, but while they each experience their own stuff, they (the characters, that is) share information with each other so I don't think playing through the other one will give any interesting revelations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I am not sure who their main writer is but I have played oblivion and fo3 to the end, and both have featured some of the worst endings I have seen in video games. Good at lore, environment story telling, side quests and little stories, but the overarching plot is more often than not the weakest.

In another game I would get what they were going for and had I not been palling around with Fawkes for 60 hours I could have understood, but man, Fawkes. Just such a strange decision. Everything else was so much fun though! I did not know games could be that way. I was so used to FPSes just being like Quake II and Doom. Fallout 3 was such a great first experience and having the old timey radio is just such a great idea. What a superb series :D

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

, but the overarching plot is more often than not the weakest.

narrative designer is yet another job that pays better nearly anywhere but games

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Bethesda's lead writer for all of their mainline games has largely been Emil Pagliarulo, who started with the Morrowind expansions. The Youtube grifters are pretty awful to him and misrepresent him, but that doesn't really negate that the main stories he's been involved with are pretty bad or at the very least, uninteresting. His main skills seem to be in design, as he was a big part of Thief 2 and is responsible for pretty great parts of Bethesda games, but there is someone at Bethesda who has a problem with things like scale and tone. People are nasty to him, but it's been pretty clear from interviews that writing is not his forte and he seems willing to admit it. He's since moved on to head of design, and as a result, FO76 got much better gameplay and a pretty decent storyline.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 27, 2022

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

VideoGames posted:

. (Echoes of the Eye did break this trend though :))

Tbf I wouldn’t have expected a dlc for outer wilds, but it’s by far the most substantial and ambitious dlc I’ve ever played by far. And even then, it’s also just unlike a lot of other DLCs in that It could have been a stand alone sequel really, in that it introduces a completely new set of mechanics, an area unlike anything in the base game, or any game, (also because it’s not in space, really) and basically doesn’t use any of the mechanics from the base game. I’m sure they had enough extra content to make it nearly as long as the original game; I feel like it was about half as long as the original for me? It’s hard to say

https://twitter.com/vankelsing/status/1574666428346617856?s=46&t=DyoQn-GaRLsE73cz_VtDLA

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I finally tried out Killzone: Shadowfall and boy, first impressions are not great. When I complain about Horizon games' slow openings, it's clear that problem started with Shadowfall. Right away, Shadowfall starts with a "You are a kid in a red-light/green-light cinematic stealth section where you follow your dad around. Also look at these sick facial animations that your dad does 2 inches away from the camera." I've looked ahead, and the game mostly looks like an early tech demo for the PS4. Shame, because I liked Killzone 2 and 3 as dumb, good-looking sci-fi war games.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

VideoGames posted:

I think Fallout3 is the leading reason why I wait to play games until they have all DLC together and why if I do play before this, I struggle to return to them to just do the DLC; like Frozen Wilds which I have owned since release and not played or the Spider-man DLC. (Echoes of the Eye did break this trend though :))

My favourite Fallout is Fallout 4 though. Cyberpunk 2077 is the neon fallout 4. ;)

I usually simply don't play a DLC if it was released after I've played a game. I was still hesitating with Echoes of the Eyes but then I remembered how amazing the base game was and was indeed not disappointed.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Morpheus posted:

I've been playing Scarlet Nexus lately and been finding it surprisingly enjoyable. I thought it'd be a fairly simple action RPG with an anime plot with psychic powers all over the place, but the combat gives you a ton of options to play with and the story gets bonkers in interesting ways. My only complaint is that there are two storylines to play through, but while they each experience their own stuff, they (the characters, that is) share information with each other so I don't think playing through the other one will give any interesting revelations.

It's one of my favorite games from last year. Really good dualsense usage. The only real issue I had was against human opponents but eventually I got used to it.

I ended up doing Yuito's path first and then Kasane's a few months later so I didn't burn out; it's worth giving a shot up to the converging point, though there's still a fight or two specific for both routes after that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Morpheus posted:

It's not too bad until they meet up at the halfway point, then it's basically just the same unfortunately.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

got another covid booster good god i feel like rear end :emo:

Not the only thing you're getting jabbed with tonight or did u forget it was tlousday :ese:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

lordfrikk posted:

I usually simply don't play a DLC if it was released after I've played a game.

Same here, but that's how I wound up missing the excellent DLC for DS1 and DS3 until last year. Never making that mistake with a Fromsoft game again. My Elden Ring character is sitting in a postgame save waiting patiently for DLC

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That's cool, I hope you enjoy it. Even though I've purchased that game 4+ separate times I still want to play the remake. Can you tell me if there's a 'Mirror World' tweak or option?

I was gonna just play the PS4 version because I thought I had a save from midway through the game, but turns out that save was from all the way back in the PS3 version so I just said gently caress it, might as well play the new shiny version if i'm gonna start from the beginning.
gameplay modifiers don't unlock until you beat the game but according to google there is a "Mirror World" option and also a "Mirror on Death" option.
playing on hard mode, idk exactly how much they updated the gameplay but the combat definitely feels better than I remember.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hope you feel better soon!

Pennsylvanian posted:

I finally tried out Killzone: Shadowfall and boy, first impressions are not great. When I complain about Horizon games' slow openings, it's clear that problem started with Shadowfall. Right away, Shadowfall starts with a "You are a kid in a red-light/green-light cinematic stealth section where you follow your dad around. Also look at these sick facial animations that your dad does 2 inches away from the camera." I've looked ahead, and the game mostly looks like an early tech demo for the PS4. Shame, because I liked Killzone 2 and 3 as dumb, good-looking sci-fi war games.

Stick with it imo it’s very well worth it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Killzone is absolutely an early tech demo, it was a launch title and IIRC the first game showed off when the PS4 was revealed. It's also one of the few games I own a physical copy of as I really wanted something to try on my new console and PSN was taking a poo poo that evening. It's not bad by the standards of linear military FPSes but it doesn't have much value removed from the context of the new console's big flashy debut

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pennsylvanian posted:

yeah it’s so boring and slow at the start. It’s too dated to play tbh. The resolution is crazy low on PS5

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Right there with you. :zombie::hf::zombie: Feel better soon

Arm was sore last night, that soreness has now spread through my whole body and I'm freezing in spite of the mountain of blankets and a dog I've crawled beneath.

Thankfully I took today off work. I've been playing a bit of Toem because that's about all I'm capable of in this state.

Pupdate: I'm technically using him for warmth but he doesn't seem to mind

thiccabod fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 27, 2022

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Good dog!!!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

I only felt lousy the first time, but drat did my arm hurt for the boosters. Hang in there!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is this new booster making people fell worse than the first one? I’ve had pretty much no side effects from the vaccine or first booster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:hellyeah: