Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Casey Finnigan posted:

did you see frances ha that poo poo was terrible

I liked it, at the time, at the age I was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

kim ftw

kitsuragi vs. wexler. there can only be one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Wexler knows better than to give you her gun while you're interrogating the Hardies, so her

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

that said i am kinda interested to know what happens to saul post-bb but it's probably just sad. kim ftw

it is sad but I disagree that it's a lead weight. It brings a lot of the elements of the show that always felt slightly scattered to a single point and resolves it in a way that makes sense.

Overall I think they showed tremendous restraint in the amount of fanservice that made its way into the final episodes. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul each get two scenes, one together and one separately, across all of the episodes in the final season of BCS.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

On the Topic of Anthony Bourdain and books, his book that made him famous, Kitchen Confidential, is obviously really good too. I've been meaning to read A Cook's Tour. He hadn't traveled much before his TV fame, and it shows in how awed he was by his first trip to Asia.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Anthony Boredain

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/theseantcollins/status/1574500156992811008

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sorry Sean but I'm not gonna watch either of these shows even if it makes Fascism level up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
a co-worker told me "dude you gotta watch Dahmer on Netflix, I won't spoil it but it's crazy"

lol don't worry about spoilers man, I'm pretty sure I know the twist already

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol house of dragons. true art

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

give me one sympathetic character, dragonshow, I beg you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what if we had a show where the dragons gently caress

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
waht about a show where Jeffrey Dahmer eats a dragon?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tv doesn't matter, so maybe give people healthcare

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

joffrey daehmer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I keep saying it, people artificially attach dire import to their choice of TV shows because it's the only meaningful choice they have in their life and the only activity they find fulfilling

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/liliandaisies/status/1574734011746099200

lol america is already dead

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

I keep saying it, people artificially attach dire import to their choice of TV shows because it's the only meaningful choice they have in their life and the only activity they find fulfilling

that's why The President should only be in charge of what shows will get made for the next 4 years

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

Yup, exactly true. And I can't even blame normal people for being like that, because that's the state we've put them in. What annoys me is academia, elites, journalists, and blue checks doing that.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that's why The President should only be in charge of what shows will get made for the next 4 years
Vote for me and I will give you four more years of Raised by Wolves and Infinity Train.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

popular culture has always been (overly) important to people and a way of analyzing a society this manifestation of it didn’t just spring fully formed from the mind of bill Clinton

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's hosed that people can't distinguish being hot for Evan Peters from being hot for the serial killer he's playing in a show

watch a different show, folks

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

The most sympathetic HOT D character is the main kingsguard played by Graham McTavish because he’s just a no nonsense badass looking guy doing his job and being surrounded by idiots.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's hosed that people can't distinguish being hot for Evan Peters from being hot for the serial killer he's playing in a show

If they wanna be hot for a soft-spoken blonde man in glasses, just watch Joe Pera

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKti7QixnJI

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

tbqh I think that a lot of true crime loving white ladies actually do believe that Jeffrey Dahmer, the murderer, is hot

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

he's a decent looking dude imo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
being a cannibal AND a murderer? sorry ladies, but that's a dealbreaker!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shut it down!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also the majority of his victims were black 😬

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he aiight but he ain't turning heads. gray man.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

he aiight but he ain't turning heads.

i mean maybe when he has to reorganize the fridge

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Dahmershow is good because it correctly portrays cops as stupid worthless racists who get rewarded for poor performance

The stuff his neighbor had to go through with between hearing that poo poo happen and the cops continuously going "lol its fine trust us" is terrible

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

thanks for setting me up for the alley-oop on that one

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Justin Tyme posted:

Dahmer is good

:yikes:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I read the My Friend Dahmer graphic novel and I dont know if good is how i would describe it but it's certainly compelling. As is Backderf's other graphic novel Trash about being a garbage truck employee and also the insane nightmare that is the US landfill industry. A fun thing to connect the two is he was riding around on the back of a truck as a trainee while Dahmer was at the height of his murders.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
im excited for the dahmer show where we get to see jesus come down and personally tell chris scarver he needs to make things right since there's no death penalty in wisconsin

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

New breaking bad series looking real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

why are there 3 different FBI shows