Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I see that we're all forgetting the vast amount of fan art of anthropomorphic space ship anime girls from popular internet submarine simulator Eve Online.

Don't worry we're safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Turn off safe search, coward

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

corgski posted:

Don't worry we're safe

https://www.deviantart.com/evemoedesu/gallery/67179519/eve-online-shipgirls-cards

coward

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

god damnit

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Anyway, the Orca is a cool ship. It's got a lot of different fitting options.

My favorite is fitting it out as a tanky "light freighter" for use hauling lots of poo poo around highsec and/or into w-space. Cloak+MWD and a Nomad set means you can move in near-perfect safety, especially with a friendly scout to check for bubbles.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

my understanding is that they go in PGS

I read this as “PBS” and agreed.

I did get awful excited the other night in fleet when I got a tackle leading to a Monitor kill in my t1 frigate on a fleet action. My fitted (free!) Slasher is > 400,000isk and one of his implants was like an order of magnitude more expensive. Was my very first tackle that ended in a kill that I didn’t get destroyed first. I’m not exactly 3l133t PvP here, but I definitely got a hit of adrenaline! It made it hard to type “x <name> tackled and webbed!!!” I even did it in the right order, and got my Nosferatu on him and killed his pod!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

I did get awful excited the other night in fleet when I got a tackle leading to a Monitor kill in my t1 frigate on a fleet action. My fitted (free!) Slasher is > 400,000isk and one of his implants was like an order of magnitude more expensive. Was my very first tackle that ended in a kill that I didn’t get destroyed first. I’m not exactly 3l133t PvP here, but I definitely got a hit of adrenaline! It made it hard to type “x <name> tackled and webbed!!!” I even did it in the right order, and got my Nosferatu on him and killed his pod!

:shobon:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

causticBeet posted:

Why are they all illustrated to look like children

lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Thank you

Edit: Jesus, how many of these are there? :sweatdrop:

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 26, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

causticBeet posted:

Why are they all illustrated to look like children

let me tell you

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rudeboy Detective posted:

the dissolution of tuvix was technically murder but letting neelix cook egg dishes for the entire crew was a far greater crime

It wasn't murder, it was in defense of two other people. Janeway did nothing wrong.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

CainFortea posted:

It wasn't murder, it was in defense of two other people. Janeway did nothing wrong.

I would argue that Neelix and Tuvok were already dead and that their parts had been repurposed.

Janeway was a necromancer.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

PhilippAchtel posted:

Thank you

Edit: Jesus, how many of these are there? :sweatdrop:

I would take a wild guess and say 250.

I will admit that the heron got a sensible chuckle out of me though.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
This is an anime free zone

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Solus posted:

This is an anime free zone

We shouldn't do that again, I think.

garter_snake
Feb 13, 2012

corgski posted:

Don't worry we're safe

No, you're just not using the right search terms.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Potato Salad posted:

History never repeats itself, but it does often rhyme

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I would argue that Neelix and Tuvok were already dead and that their parts had been repurposed.

Janeway was a necromancer.

You could, but that's a silly argument since Tuvok and Neelix were just walking around perfectly fine after the procedure.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

the big domino is extremely funny, though

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

WorkerThread posted:

the big domino is extremely funny, though

yeah why do you think lowtax did that. long term thinker

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Kaysette posted:

nooooooooooo don’t do this here I’m begging you

You know I'm not hitting the Report button because I'm not a snitch but you gave me a probe for ONE anime.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

andromache posted:

...you gave me a probe for ONE anime.

A single bad bolt can cause the collapse of steering frame on a vehicle and result in the car getting totaled.

That single bolt is an anime post in this analogy, and this thread is a 1990's Geo Metro with racing stripe stickers and Walmart spinning hubcaps topping 85mph on the way to this year's Magic the Gathering meetup.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

tonight in GANDR:

Thanatos and Nestor on scan in the chain. Scout rouses up the flock, we ship into Kikis to go try and kill it while it's running sites. We get, oh, fifteenish total including a Bhaalgorn and some frigate logi. Wander down the chain, prep to drop, everyone jumps, the scout warps the fleet to the scan result.

We land in a bubble. A bubble next to very many POS guns. Attached to an online POS, which the Thanatos and Nestor are in.

The scout didn't check for sticks on scan and assumed the Thanatos was running sites.

We killed the bubble, but lost a Sabre in the process.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bigbillthaboss posted:

A single bad bolt can cause the collapse of steering frame on a vehicle and result in the car getting totaled.

That single bolt is an anime post in this analogy, and this thread is a 1990's Geo Metro with racing stripe stickers and Walmart spinning hubcaps topping 85mph on the way to this year's Magic the Gathering meetup.

loving LIAR.

A Geo Metro will fall apart above 65mph. Don't even insinuate that a Geo Metro could hit 85, even with a tailwind.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

dragonshardz posted:

kinda surprised you escaped only losing a dictor

ungunned?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Potato Salad posted:

kinda surprised you escaped only losing a dictor

ungunned?

deathstar but no active gunner, so we popped the bubble and left.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

https://zkillboard.com/related/31000716/202209230200/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
that battle was pre-planned by the some of the best PvPers in game, it took an hour and they had to reship by scanning in a new route. Sometimes you lose but god drat if that wasn't great content.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It's cool that we have a killboard bot that will repost all of goosefleets content to this thread at regular intervals.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
That ship was named Globby Bait. I'm glad it worked lmao.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

dragonshardz posted:

tonight in GANDR:

Thanatos and Nestor on scan in the chain. Scout rouses up the flock, we ship into Kikis to go try and kill it while it's running sites. We get, oh, fifteenish total including a Bhaalgorn and some frigate logi. Wander down the chain, prep to drop, everyone jumps, the scout warps the fleet to the scan result.

We land in a bubble. A bubble next to very many POS guns. Attached to an online POS, which the Thanatos and Nestor are in.

The scout didn't check for sticks on scan and assumed the Thanatos was running sites.

Was a really nice formup and warp in, 10/10 would honk again deth2caps:black101:

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

That was posted already, 4 days ago, by dragonshardz?

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

learnincurve posted:

that battle was pre-planned by the some of the best PvPers in game, it took an hour and they had to reship by scanning in a new route. Sometimes you lose but god drat if that wasn't great content.

as someone new they honestly did about 20 things that blew my mind i learned a lot. them finding a new hole so quickly was wild (and maybe lucky?) and also did not realize how much poo poo you could get through a voc hole. imo was an awesome experience but also i didnt personally lose a cap over it so rip. also kind of wild to see what just like 5 lokis who know what theyre doing are capable of.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it is good to see the wonderment of cute newbies at the myriad ways you can get fuckin owned in eve online, but it reinforces that there is no reason for me to ever log in again

my old alliance just blasted straight to hell 300b in enemy caps the other night. dropped armor supers and titans. the pinnacle of Eve Online Player Versus Player combat, and i am not sad at all that i missed it

eve online

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:nallears:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Now would be a really spectacular day for me to find heimatar low sec right?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

wonder if the obsession comes from solo drakban being in goose

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Dearest CCP,

If you know it will take X second until you can do something like change my clone, could you please just queue the action instead of making me spam the button?

Thank you sincerely,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

PhilippAchtel posted:

If you know it will take X second until you can do something like change my clone, could you please just queue the action instead of making me spam the button?

P.S. yes i know i have just jumped through a gate and am cloaked, but i would like to cloak. can you just do the thing? no? ok how about you just make me visible for a second so you can feel better about yourself? still no? ok gently caress you.