Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

While we didn’t get any Season 3 info at D23 it appears we’re going to have better luck at this year’s Comic Con:

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVANews/status/1569799058600132609

Source: https://www.animationmagazine.net/2022/09/nycc-disney-tv-plans-koala-man-premiere-sneak-peeks-at-muppets-mayhem-paloni-show-more/

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Owl House returns on October 15th:

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-owl-house-exclusive-premiere-date-revealed-for-first-44-minute-finale-special/

It seems that a leak that came out a while back was actually true. In that case it appears the Season 3 episodes will be:

Thanks To Them

For The Future

Watching And Dreaming

Making the final message of the series “Thanks for watching”

Also I see Vee’s sporting a new human disguise now that the real Luz is back in town

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 14, 2022

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Owl House returns on October 15th

:ibadpop:

Sweet. I hope they manage to wrap stuff up. loving D :argh:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rappaport posted:

:ibadpop:

Sweet. I hope they manage to wrap stuff up. loving D :argh:

To be fair, 90% of Season 2 was written with the shortened final season in mind (I believe they first got the news sometime after Eda’s Requiem aired) and Dana and her crew seem pretty confident about it based on what I’ve read (though judging by the article it seems like we might not see the other two specials until next year)

I’m guessing that the first episode will mainly deal with stuff in the human realm (and judging by the poster Belos will likely make his final stand there), we’ll check back in on the Boiling Isles in the second, and then the two plots converge for the finale

Nice to see Vee getting more screen time as well since she hasn’t spoken since her debut (also La chancla has been upgraded to baseball bat and Luz is edging ever closer to her prototype design)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 14, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

To be fair, 90% of Season 2 was written with the shortened final season in mind (I believe they first got the news sometime after Eda’s Requiem aired)

I'm not sure the maths works out on this one tbh -- and doesn't animation have fairly long lead times as well?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm not sure the maths works out on this one tbh -- and doesn't animation have fairly long lead times as well?

Dana herself said that the Collector (who first appeared in S2E8) was literally created because of the shortened final season

https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1533160478716878848

They also apparently had to cut some stuff from Season 2 on account of the change as well (for example, the other coven heads were apparently going to have a bigger role originally)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 17, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, Luz will apparently play a major role in the next episode of Chibiverse:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

In other news, Luz will apparently play a major role in the next episode of Chibiverse:

Chibi Luz will be cute but dammit I need Chibi Webby from Ducktales.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

Chibi Luz will be cute but dammit I need Chibi Webby from Ducktales.

They brought back Anne and the Plantars from Amphibia last time so you never know

This also comes out a week before Season 3 starts so I assume it’s somewhat of a promotion for that as well

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

They brought back Anne and the Plantars from Amphibia last time so you never know

This also comes out a week before Season 3 starts so I assume it’s somewhat of a promotion for that as well

I'm pretty sure I saw Webby and some other Ducks as Chibis during the first special.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw Webby and some other Ducks as Chibis during the first special.

Yeah but much like Dipper and Mabel they didn’t talk as I recall (Anne, Sasha, and Marcy appeared in the first special as well in their band uniforms from Season 2)

Also Alex Hirsch still appears to have some lingering resentment with Disney last I checked so I’m not sure if he’d ever agree to come back for one of these

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 20, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Anyway, a small synopsis is out for the first episode of Season 3:

Seems we’re getting a small timeskip to start with (though that was sort of already apparent by the S3 poster)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And here’s a source for the above post: https://www.vitalthrills.com/disney-channels-october-2022/

Reminder there’s going to be an Owl House panel at this year’s Comic Con on the 6th where we’re likely going to get more info regarding the upcoming final season

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We’ve got our first official look at the Season 3 premiere:

Source (relevant bit is around 0:32): https://youtube.com/watch?v=3cjJfTib6Zo

The Season 2 finale is now officially available in full on Disney’s YouTube channel as well

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Bisexual pride pin on Luz's hat aww yeaahhhhh

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

just a pin? weak poo poo, i'll be here waiting for luz to actually do something gay, thanks

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I hope Luz’s two moms get to properly meet one another before the series is over

Looking forward to getting a better look at Vee 2.0 from the poster as well

Also Hunter apparently had completely normal looking hands this whole time

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 26, 2022

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

just a pin? weak poo poo, i'll be here waiting for luz to actually do something gay, thanks

Dating a girl of a different species isn't gay enough??

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

I mean,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKo2tQ9qzUc

And we've seen they've been living together for months during the time skip. What's more lesbian than moving in after the second date?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I wonder if the show is going to start right where the last season left off (or maybe with a dream sequence if they want to get one last “Now eat this, sucka!” bit in) and then jump forward a few months later in the episode or go straight to the timeskip from the beginning (the former would probably make more sense to be honest).

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

kidcoelacanth posted:

Lol wtf is this post

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm, friends.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

Lol wtf is this post

it's what some people call "a joke"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

because, you see, luz has already kissed a girl. multiple times, in fact! so the assertion that she would need to do something "actually gay" is absurd

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Oh yeah, well how do we know whether you two are maybe being “sarcastic” and “humorous” RIGHT NOW??

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Chicken Butt posted:

Oh yeah, well how do we know whether you two are maybe being “sarcastic” and “humorous” RIGHT NOW??

For my own sanity I'm just going to pray they weren't demanding....gently caress that, I'm editing this post... on this children's cartoon show.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 27, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

why would you post that

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The 7th Guest posted:

why would you post that

I didn't fully think it though. Editing is good.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
[Everyone disliked that]

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

SpiderLink posted:

[Everyone disliked that]

I really did.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

"actually gay"

Like ... go to a Tegan and Sara concert? Buy a Subaru Outback?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Chicken Butt posted:

Like ... go to a Tegan and Sara concert? Buy a Subaru Outback?

Read and write The Locked Tomb fanfic?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
She already moved in with her girlfriend what more do you want

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, I wonder if there’s eventually going to be some sort of supplementary book released for the series ala Journal 3 from Gravity Falls, The Book of Spells from Star VS, and the upcoming Marcy’s Journal from Amphibia. If so, something like Phillip’s Dairy could be neat.

I know there were plans to make an actual Azura novel at some point but I believe they fell through on account of the publisher screwing them over or something along those lines

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Larryb posted:

I know there were plans to make an actual Azura novel at some point but I believe they fell through on account of the publisher screwing them over or something along those lines
If the writing would have been similar to the excerpts quoted in the show, we might have dodged a bullet there.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, I wonder if there’s eventually going to be some sort of supplementary book released for the series ala Journal 3 from Gravity Falls, The Book of Spells from Star VS, and the upcoming Marcy’s Journal from Amphibia. If so, something like Phillip’s Dairy could be neat.

Given we know Phillip was an unreliable narrator, (plus it was explicitly destroyed), I don’t think that Phillip’s journal is the one to go for. Amity’s journal, the other hand…

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Given we know Phillip was an unreliable narrator, (plus it was explicitly destroyed), I don’t think that Phillip’s journal is the one to go for. Amity’s journal, the other hand…

Oh yeah, that works even better honestly

Speaking of Phillip I wonder if S3 will have time to go a little deeper into the backstory of him and his brother (we know from the poster and the end of the last episode that he survived somehow and followed the gang into the human realm).

Assuming he got out of that cage somehow I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Jacob (the insane curator from Yesterday’s Lie) again as well

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Larryb posted:

The Accurate Anatomical Atlas of House Demons

And it's just 50 pages of brown tubes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Everyone posted:

Read and write The Locked Tomb fanfic?

I cannot stress enough that they would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010