Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Harrow posted:

Whoa, why's it so high? Is this counting all of the announced events and stuff?
its counting the events, the new region to explore (and the aiblity to get more dendro sigils and dendroculus, as well as more treasure chests), etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

What does cyno even do? I'm going to be wishing on him but all I know is spear+electro and he's like a jaffa guard from stargate or something idk

I hope Shinobu gets better with constellations cuz using her at c0 her burst AOE is such utter trash that I never bothered leveling or using it. She really ain't much to talk about, she shits out electro in a small AOE and heals the active character. There are so many better options for off-field electro support and the only distinction Shinobu has is that Fischl/Beidou/Raiden can't heal. :geno:
Shinobu's burst isnt really useful. She is quite literally the ideal hyperbloom activator, you could not design a better one. See below comp, when her skill touches a bloom seed it does 30,000 damage (now that I've leveled her to 89).

No Wave posted:

I am legit proud of this one

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's kind of funny that Kuki Shinobu was designed to be the perfect hyperbloom activator before players knew hyperbloom existed, it just took until 3.0 for people to realize the only reason she wasn't good was because the reaction she was made to work with wasn't implemented yet.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sanctum posted:

the only distinction Shinobu has is that Fischl/Beidou/Raiden can't heal. :geno:
Right. You'd bring her because you want an electro healer. The same way Barbara might be used instead of Childe/Yelen/Xingqui, who are far better off field hydro DPS than her.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My main issue with Shinobu as a healer is that you have to switch to a damaged character to heal them (including Shinobu herself, who takes guaranteed damage from using her skill). But since she can't really do much useful aside from her skill, that time healing herself is basically "wasted."

Bennett has a somewhat similar situation (with the healing element to his burst), but his heal is far more powerful so you only need to let characters experience 1 or 2 ticks to get them healed up to its cap.

Is there some way around this?

Kale posted:

Playing more Honkai Impact 3 yesterday it just has a massive number of currencies like a more typical gacha game to the point where it's just kind of overwhelming and off putting really.

Yeah, I basically disengaged from HI3's gacha beyond just throwing what current I got at whatever character banner was active. I guess the trade-off is that they make more money from the long-term player whales even if it discourages any new players from engaging with the system.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's not too big a deal at the moment because the relevant dendro characters are off field and xingqiu is off field so there's no real harm keeping cookie on field to heal. Dont get me wrong I still died a lot on 12-3-1 that floor is freaking aggressive, it's definitely a major downside of the character.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 27, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ytlaya posted:

My main issue with Shinobu as a healer is that you have to switch to a damaged character to heal them (including Shinobu herself, who takes guaranteed damage from using her skill). But since she can't really do much useful aside from her skill, that time healing herself is basically "wasted."

Bennett has a somewhat similar situation (with the healing element to his burst), but his heal is far more powerful so you only need to let characters experience 1 or 2 ticks to get them healed up to its cap.

Is there some way around this?

Yeah, I basically disengaged from HI3's gacha beyond just throwing what current I got at whatever character banner was active. I guess the trade-off is that they make more money from the long-term player whales even if it discourages any new players from engaging with the system.

The secret is you don't actually want to heal Shinobu. She gets benefits for being below 30% HP and you only ever have to bring her out for a second to pop her skill. As long as you are a little conscious of what's going on and don't try to swap to her in the middle of a lot of poo poo she's fine just being at critical HP forever.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Still hoping to pull her, but using her during the Fayz Trials gave me anxiety. I don't like seeing the red HP.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

at this point as much as i really want nahida i also want cyno and am going to pull for him. my logic on this is that it feels like archons get reruns faster than regular characters do (and more often) so i'd be better off going for a character i want that'll be less frequent :eng99:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Mix. posted:

at this point as much as i really want nahida i also want cyno and am going to pull for him. my logic on this is that it feels like archons get reruns faster than regular characters do (and more often) so i'd be better off going for a character i want that'll be less frequent :eng99:

I’m beginning to feel this, too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have to share this with someone because I'm so excited that I got two really good artifacts in a row for Ayato and now I finally have crit stats on him that I can look at and smile

He's my first character that I'd say is actually built almost exactly how I want him and I'm really excited. There's still room to improve--I think the most realistic possible improvement would be a double crit flower, and I need to finish leveling his E and Q talents--but otherwise these artifacts seem pretty good

(did I need to level 90 him? no. do I regret it? also no)

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 27, 2022

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Harrow posted:

It's kind of funny that Kuki Shinobu was designed to be the perfect hyperbloom activator before players knew hyperbloom existed, it just took until 3.0 for people to realize the only reason she wasn't good was because the reaction she was made to work with wasn't implemented yet.

Kinda like how every idiot Genshin content creator on the internet acted offended at how 'bad' Kokomi was when she was released, most insisting that she was worse than even Amber. Until the meta changed, new artifact sets came out, etc.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Harrow posted:

yaemiko.txt

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Kazuha being compared at all (let alone unfavorably) to C6 Sucrose was a bigger joke.

And Kokomi was already good on release. Clam is nice and all, but she didn't need it to be viable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

Kinda like how every idiot Genshin content creator on the internet acted offended at how 'bad' Kokomi was when she was released, most insisting that she was worse than even Amber. Until the meta changed, new artifact sets came out, etc.

frankly neither of those things even happened, kokomi was just a good unit, end of sentence. if anything shes gotten slightly worse over time due to more healer and hydro options.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Saying kuki was not strong on release was the correct take. It's not a reproach towards mihoyo to say something that is currently true, and there are 4 stars who have been out for years whose kits still do not fit the game's mechanics.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I'm not saying people were being stupid for writing off Shinobu on her release. Nobody could possibly have known that a new reaction in a future patch would make her good all of a sudden.

You can only really work with the information you have about the game state as it currently exists when you're evaluating a character, after all.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think people underestimated the convenience of a heal with 100% uptime and no confined AoE but otherwise yeah Shinobu wasn't particularly impactful on her release.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Endorph posted:

frankly neither of those things even happened, kokomi was just a good unit, end of sentence. if anything shes gotten slightly worse over time due to more healer and hydro options.

'Worse than amber' is exaggerating, but she was most definitely clowned on, or at the very least undervalued to hell.

Clam probably wouldn't have even been made if there were no backlash.

quote:

I feel like there is a giant train that bashing on kokomi being trash
and while undeniably she is NOT GOOD,
it is important to understand why,
as a character, her jelly fish not being able to move and not generating energy is horrible
HOWEVER, the BIGGEST PROBLEM, is simply.
Healer is not required, healer don't give you more damage, and are strictly used for comfort.
in another word, healer NEVER beat you the game, while damage is strictly REQUIRED due to the timer.
Bennet is used due to attack buff, healing is a bonus
Diano is used due to massive cryo energy gen, healing and shield is a bonus
Jean(/Sayu) is used due to VV and fall damage abuse, healing is a bonus

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

BabyRyoga posted:

Kinda like how every idiot [...] content creator on the internet acted offended

Bad faith is how things are. :negative:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Kuki was really good before dendro, but only on a couple of teams. She’s just way more useful now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I think people underestimated the convenience of a heal with 100% uptime and no confined AoE but otherwise yeah Shinobu wasn't particularly impactful on her release.

Is it just that it procs faster than Qiqi's or is there another bigger upside to hers that I'm not thinking of?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RareAcumen posted:

Is it just that it procs faster than Qiqi's or is there another bigger upside to hers that I'm not thinking of?

Qiqi's is only a 50% up time, or is there a gimmick I'm not aware of? I also like Qiqi as a healer though, so I might be a weirdo here.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

it's that qiqi is kinda useless besides her heal and kuki actually does useful reaction stuff on top of it
although nowadays qiqi can be build for damage with clam stuff i guess

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'd really like to get C2 Shinobu but unless I get super lucky I'll probably just be content with C0 for now. Cyno seems cool and I don't have Venti but I feel like I should be saving for Nahida.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Harrow posted:

I'd really like to get C2 Shinobu but unless I get super lucky I'll probably just be content with C0 for now. Cyno seems cool and I don't have Venti but I feel like I should be saving for Nahida.

This is basically where I'm at, but I'm gonna pull for Candace on Venti's banner anyways. I'm hopin that I'll end up with enough wishes from going through desert stuff/events by the time Nahida comes around

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just saw a leaked pic of Nahida doing "camera hands" during her E :3: instapull

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Just saw a leaked pic of Nahida doing "camera hands" during her E :3: instapull

instant C6

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm tossing 20 on Venti's banner just to hope I get a Candace or Kuki cons. Sayu would be fine too since I don't have her. Still a dumb idea to do so since I am going after Nilou and her sword but :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Qiqi's is only a 50% up time, or is there a gimmick I'm not aware of? I also like Qiqi as a healer though, so I might be a weirdo here.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it's that qiqi is kinda useless besides her heal and kuki actually does useful reaction stuff on top of it
although nowadays qiqi can be build for damage with clam stuff i guess

Oh, you guys mean cooldown on uses. Okay fair enough.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

When can I roll for sumeru archon lady

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

when the hell is this supposed to be up

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nyoro posted:

When can I roll for sumeru archon lady

Next patch, so five more weeks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

frajaq posted:

when the hell is this supposed to be up

Patches typically go live ~7pm PT

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Eimi posted:

Next patch, so five more weeks.

Cool! I already have a guaranteed 5 waiting in the wings so time to farm some gemmy gems

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

'Worse than amber' is exaggerating, but she was most definitely clowned on, or at the very least undervalued to hell.

Clam probably wouldn't have even been made if there were no backlash.
no i didnt mean any of that criticism stuff, i meant the bit about the meta changing or new artifacts being added

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Do we know if this patch will provide enough dendroculi to C6 dendro traveler?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
This convo made me realize that even if there were a cryo equivalent to hyperbloom, Qiqi would still be mediocre due to bad cooldowns :smith:

Mhy, please throw this kid a bone some day.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MoonCrab posted:

This convo made me realize that even if there were a cryo equivalent to hyperbloom, Qiqi would still be mediocre due to bad cooldowns :smith:

Mhy, please throw this kid a bone some day.

Maybe she'll have weird synergy with the pharmacist dude when they add him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Maybe she'll have weird synergy with the pharmacist dude when they add him.

wow how dare you do Baizhu dirty like that