Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
remember the prerender controversy with that killzone trailer? god gamer culture is something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is this new booster making people fell worse than the first one? I’ve had pretty much no side effects from the vaccine or first booster

Anecdotally, my arm hurt like a bitch and I felt vaguely fever-ish the next day, but nothing that made me stay home or anything like that. This was the Pfizer bivalent booster and my second booster after the initial two-shot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new covid booster for me went perfectly. It was the flu shot that I got in the other arm at the same time that sucked lol.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Is this new booster making people fell worse than the first one? I’ve had pretty much no side effects from the vaccine or first booster

Anecdata for ya: all my shots were pfizer, the first two I felt nothing, the third gave me a little headache and fatigue for a day, and the fourth I got last week did the same. My shoulder was also way more sore this time but I blame that on the Walgreens tech who rushed things and didn't give me a chance to relax my arm.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Original shot: Chills that night, then nothing

Booster 1: Nothing

Booster 2: Mild shoulder soreness the next day, then nothing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My first booster gave me arm soreness, but my 2nd one? Nothing! I almost forgot I even got it haha

(All Pfizer)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
my booster made me taller

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

acksplode posted:

Anecdata for ya: all my shots were pfizer, the first two I felt nothing, the third gave me a little headache and fatigue for a day, and the fourth I got last week did the same. My shoulder was also way more sore this time but I blame that on the Walgreens tech who rushed things and didn't give me a chance to relax my arm.

I got one Pfizer, one Moderna, call that shot an Arnold Pharma

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
First shot: Asstrazenic - worst I’d felt in ten years until I got actual covid months later. Horrible chills and muscle pain/spams for two full days

Second and third was just a very sore arm and tiredness. Got my fourth on thursday :yeah:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

My God, please let this be as good as it looks.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Tunic is up on the PSN store. It's a contender for my not-elden-ring GOTY

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

acksplode posted:

Tunic is up on the PSN store. It's a contender for my not-elden-ring GOTY

ohhh poo poo. And here I am going on a trip on Thursday, drat! Been looking forward to playing this on PS for a while

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is Tunic good?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tunic is extremely good. Don't look anything about it up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I already bounced off one isometric Zelda-like this year with Death’s Door

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Arist posted:

Cosign. There's an in game manual and if you're stuck or confused you're probably not looking at it closely enough

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Casnorf posted:

I'm now magnetic

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

Death's Door is also extremely good, though disclaimer that I played both it and Tunic on PC Game Pass so it's not like I bought them

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Wrecknation looks like trackmania but with street cars hell yeah

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Casnorf posted:

Really want to see the guy that went for 6 inches. Gotta have a body proportioned like some hosed up Star Wars droid

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I couldn't bring myself to finish Death's Door, I lost steam at some point. Didn't seem to do anything terribly new beyond its influences, it just didn't compel me. Tunic though...Tunic is special.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Arist posted:

Can you tell me without too many spoilers what separates it from other isometric games like this? I watched the trailer and it looks lovely, but I never can stick with games in this genre to the end. Closest I got was that grim reaper crow game.

In the trailer it shows the instruction manual a bit, are you supposed to be able to read or decipher the weird text?

How are the haptics?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Jelly posted:

My God, please let this be as good as it looks.

Wreckreation is ex-Criterion employees who worked on Burnout so it's gonna be a great racer at least. Hopefully a great game but the racing will be solid.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxloMQgfoYI

:aaa:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

incredible

this is the arc raiders studio, ex dice folks

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

that trailer could use more glitchy visuals and faster cuts it’s a little too easy to parse as is

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Rinkles posted:

I played some (heavily modded) FO3 for the first time earlier this year, and I liked it. It felt even less like NV than I expected, but sometimes in a positive way. They clearly had more time to flesh out all the little dungeons in the world, and there was more of them.

It was a port to the NV version of the game engine, so it ran like a dream, and supported many NV mods.

Something I really wish for is a NV remake in something more like the FO4 engine with all the improvements to Gamebryo and the power armor actually being really neat and feeling different from regular armor. It's such a good game but that tech hasn't aged too well and it's easy to forget how janky FO3 and NV were at the time. Also, it isn't playable on a modern console so PC or dusting off a 360 or PS3 are the only options. I just played a good 20 hours of it a few weeks ago and it's frustrating how many little bugs and scripting errors the game still has in its final official patch. Even the fan patches don't address them all.

I doubt Obsidian wants to do a remake though even if MS gave them an option though.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Can you tell me without too many spoilers what separates it from other isometric games like this? I watched the trailer and it looks lovely, but I never can stick with games in this genre to the end. Closest I got was that grim reaper crow game.

In the trailer it shows the instruction manual a bit, are you supposed to be able to read or decipher the weird text?

How are the haptics?

It's tough for me to explain without spoiling except by rambling, so here's some words. The big idea is that it's like you're playing an imported game and trying to figure things out with a manual written in a language you can't read. You collect manual pages in-game and can learn a lot from studying them closely. (The manual is gorgeous and a perfect imitation of what you'd get with an SNES RPG.) There are several occasions where it reveals game mechanics you always had access to and it makes for some pleasant aha moments. Aside from learning some basic symbols, there is absolutely no gameplay reason to learn the language, it's totally optional in case you want to better understand the plot. Narrative takes the Souls storytelling approach, where you're dropped into a situation and have to progress while figuring out why you exist and what you're doing, and the answers are cool. And the second half of the game takes a sharp turn away from combat toward puzzles in a really clever way, I want to compare it to a certain well known game except it would be a big spoiler and also drive people away that I think would actually enjoy it. Its dungeons are anti-formulaic, totally different from the Zelda approach. They're generally small, fit organically into the world, and rarely culminate in a boss or upgrade. The world design actually reminds me of Souls a lot more than Zelda, more interconnected and with zones rather than discrete formulaic dungeons. And then the fit and finish of the game is lovely. It's a retro aesthetic that looks modern, like a magic rose colored glasses filter has been applied. (You can get a glimpse of what I assume is the game's "real" appearance when you bring up the manual. The screen fades into the background and takes on the appearance of low res sprites on a CRT.) I know I've said Souls a lot, and the combat has a Souls style dodge, but it's much easier and less punishing when you die.

Reading that back, it's a pile of details that doesn't really get across what makes the game special. For me it comes down to the manual. It's this beautifully designed artifact that you're collecting piecemeal throughout the game, studying each page closely and often discovering significant things. Every page you find is a big deal, maybe it's a dungeon map with crucial clues, or maybe it has a juicy morsel of lore or a screenshot that reveals a game mechanic that you can exploit to great success. And then there are occasions where you realize it was hiding something revelatory right under your nose.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I've had two Astra and two Pfizer and all I got was a bit more tired than I usually already am. My body is mad hosed up from two SCTs and all sorts of other things though so who knows why

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

acksplode posted:

I couldn't bring myself to finish Death's Door, I lost steam at some point. Didn't seem to do anything terribly new beyond its influences, it just didn't compel me. Tunic though...Tunic is special.

How would you describe Death's Door's aesthetic? It felt like it was going for a Hollow Knight vibe.

Good game, took me about 10 hours. I was ready for it to be done, didn't bother with the post game stuff

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I felt like absolute crap after the second shot and mostly fine after my first booster. I had this second booster and felt totally fine. Not even a little bit weird. For reference, flu vaccines don't cause me any trouble at all. I don't get arm pain or tiredness the way some people do. My wife on the other hand tends to feel kind of crappy after flu vaccines and the first booster made her feel so crappy that she's a little bit afraid of this second booster. She has to get it for work though since she's a nurse so it'll just come down to finding a weekend when she's OK to feel crap for a day or 2.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Tunic and Deaths Door are great, it’s a shame they came out at the same time. Tunic has more challenging combat but Deaths Door is a better game to me.

Edit: if you hate needing to check every single blind corner for a possible door or item you won’t make it far in Tunic. It relies on this way too often.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bloodychill posted:

I felt like absolute crap after the second shot and mostly fine after my first booster. I had this second booster and felt totally fine. Not even a little bit weird. For reference, flu vaccines don't cause me any trouble at all. I don't get arm pain or tiredness the way some people do. My wife on the other hand tends to feel kind of crappy after flu vaccines and the first booster made her feel so crappy that she's a little bit afraid of this second booster. She has to get it for work though since she's a nurse so it'll just come down to finding a weekend when she's OK to feel crap for a day or 2.

Not necessarily at you, but just my experience in general, all pfizer shots

First shot made me feel a bit lethargic for a day or two, second shot of the first set put me out hard for 2 days, weak, hot all over, swollen, heart pounding, headache/bodyache, chills, sweats, can't sleep in any position, wheezing. Woof.

First booster wasn't that bad, mostly a lot of ache in my arm and neck tension, the result of which was a huge tension headache. Walgreens dude was standing above when he administered the shot, so it was way too high up on my arm, almost near my shoulder blade. Fail. Always ask the person giving the shot to sit down next to you if they ain't already imo

Second booster bi-valent type I felt fine for 12 hours, then felt like absolute death for 12 hours, no sleep, I feel really drained the next day and my head is a bit achy/groggy, but I feel like I got off easy this time. I def had a very hot bodytemp inflammation response and some arm pain, taking a bath helped. Ideally you want to experience at least some immune/inflammation response for each shot, but I'd definitely set aside 2-3 days whenever you get it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

new Plague Tale trailer, prolly contains story spoilers, dunno, I'm not watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK9vYJ1g2WE

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Death's Door is really thin and kind of boring. I regret buying it. The level design was sparse and combat felt too stripped down in a boring way.

Tunic is a much better game. Everything is more fleshed out and has more depth to it.

If it weren't for the similar aesthetics, I'm not sure if they'd get compared quite as much though.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

new Plague Tale trailer, prolly contains story spoilers, dunno, I'm not watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK9vYJ1g2WE

Yeah, I wish I hadn't. Feels like it shows a huge portion of the game's story in cliff notes. Holy cow Asobo can make some jaw-dropping environments though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Yeah, I wish I hadn't. Feels like it shows a huge portion of the game's story in cliff notes. Holy cow Asobo can make some jaw-dropping environments though.

Thank you for your sacrifice, goon. I am now extra hype.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Can’t fuckin wait when is that dropping?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

10/18 afaik

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director
Got Deathloop free on the PS Plus subscription and does anyone know if you need to make a Bethesda account and link it up to get the multiplayer invasions happening. So far I just opened the door with the code (which I assume is the end of the tutorial?) and I can't switch out of single player mode yet. Not sure if it's because I elected not to sign up for a Bethesda account or because I haven't reached a point where it's available yet. I really like the sound of the invasion mechanic and look forward to some person randomly dropping into my game and destroying me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Online isn’t accessible right away. It’s unlocked when you learn about residium harvesting, some time after your first loop.