Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I liked when Darcy called Mjolnir "Mew mew"

That got a silly laugh from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1573341525907591169

https://twitter.com/HannahEBeachler/status/1573350250345021440

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ah they're still centering the anti vax idiot

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Who's that dude on the right. And am i wrong in feeling that this hat looks South American?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Who's that dude on the right. And am i wrong in feeling that this hat looks South American?

That's Namor and yeah they're making Atlantis more Aztec inspired now

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
:bighow:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Opopanax posted:

That's Namor and yeah they're making Atlantis more Aztec inspired now

I am beyond jazzed at the Aztecification of Atlantis in the MCU, it's a bold choice.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I am beyond jazzed at the Aztecification of Atlantis in the MCU, it's a bold choice.

I'm honestly all for it. It looks absolutely amazing.

I don't know anything about how Atlantis is represented in the comics, but I have a hard time imagining that it's somehow better than this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jamesman posted:

I'm honestly all for it. It looks absolutely amazing.

I don't know anything about how Atlantis is represented in the comics, but I have a hard time imagining that it's somehow better than this.

Kinda generic quasi-scifi sea people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I feel like the comic depiction is real generic and would just feel like one of the random alien cultures in the MCU. This makes it really unique, stands it out from Aquaman, plugs some cool cultural diversity in beyond just casting. I dunno exactly how it’s gonna work and maybe it will end up bad but I’m very intrigued and on board.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

Tenoch, the actor, is Mexican, we are not located in South America...

Also,if you see Tenoch getting a lot of hate from my fellow mexicans, is because he has been very vocal about the rampant racism in Mexico.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Desperado Bones posted:

Tenoch, the actor, is Mexican, we are not located in South America...

Also,if you see Tenoch getting a lot of hate from my fellow mexicans, is because he has been very vocal about the rampant racism in Mexico.

I hate that we live in an era where I have to ask... for or against?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bruceski posted:

I hate that we live in an era where I have to ask... for or against?
I believe he"s gone on record against the colorism that actors with more indigenous/mesoamerican features face. Stuff like how Yalitze Aparicio faced a ton of poo poo for her roots and looks despite, you know, being in a hit movie that was an Oscar contender and whatnot.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

I believe he"s gone on record against the colorism that actors with more indigenous/mesoamerican features face. Stuff like how Yalitze Aparicio faced a ton of poo poo for her roots and looks despite, you know, being in a hit movie that was an Oscar contender and whatnot.

Yeah this.
Yalitzia got a LOT of hate, even from fellow older actors. It was crazy seeing a lot of local celebrities suddenly going full racism (a lot were clearly jealous they weren't the ones up there in the Oscars)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That's a relief. I mean, it's not good that it's happening, but given the alternative.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I like that Namor already has facial hair for Johnny to burn off in the FF movie. Marvel please let him feel compelled to shave hobos in the MCU.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Only if he reveals that each of them is Ghost Rider.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I do love that the story revolved around, specifically, five villains

I really liked how the plot was "how can we rehabilitate these people" instead of "let's beat them up and possibly kill them".

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Feige, Coogler, and the cast of Black Panther: Wakanda forever gave a long interview to Empire Magazine.

Nothing too major, but the gist:

- The movie was rewritten to be an homage to Chadwick Boseman and "give him an honored send off."

- Basically confirmed that Suri will get the Black Panther suit.

- Not going to be a single protagonist and it will mostly be an ensemble movie with M'baku, Suri, Nakia, and Okoye roughly splitting screen time. Long segments from Namor's perspective and flashbacks to Talocan as well (there is no Atlantis in the MCU, it is called Talocan).

- Confirmed Namor is a mutant (pretty sure this was confirmed before, but Empire is saying they "confirmed" it)

- Runtime is allegedly 2 hours and 41 minutes.

- They are intentionally revealing as little as possible before the premiere. Likely only going to be one more trailer (two total) before the movie comes out.

- The summaries of the two broad plot arcs they gave were "honoring Chadwick" and "the struggle of Wakanda dealing with the rest of the world trying to take advantage of them when they are at their weakest."

- Feige confirmed again that they are never recasting or reusing T'challa and that he is dead in the MCU (did not say what the explanation for his death will be in the movie, though).

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 27, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I do wonder if they'll address it onscreen or just leave it a vague 'he died offscreen'.

Like presumably it wouldn't be hard to have CGI Black Panther sacrificing himself to stop a CGI monster or whatever but it would be pretty tasteless.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Can’t remember if I posted here or in a discord but I think the most respectful thing would actually let the story be that T’Challa died of aggressive cancer, just like Boseman.

It would further embed Black Panther to people affected by cancer beyond the beloved actor portraying him; it wouldn’t roll over the illness and those afflicted by it maybe like replacing it with anything else might.

Also an easy thing to explain in the script by having Shuri say to Ross that even though they have advanced technology, they aren’t gods. Let people in the real world grieve with the characters, imo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Just letting him die of natural causes is not only the easiest path of resistance but it’s a pretty poignant and tasteful story. Death happens. It doesn’t have to be Thanos or aliens or monsters. People die and it happens suddenly and it is devastating to those left behind as they try and figure out how to move on while the rest of the world keeps moving. So having the family and country grieving as whatever the ruck happens and they just have to find a way to cope and deal with it is just the best move.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/vancityreynolds/status/1574865217141481477?s=46&t=4tWfgtbYzQ3n9d4gdM0pVg

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
e: beaten

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
2 years out! I was totally off on my prediction of Feb of 2024.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

AngryBooch posted:

2 years out! I was totally off on my prediction of Feb of 2024.

you weren't entirely wrong, you just probably missed the news a couple weeks ago that the mystery February 2024 movie was delayed to September of that year

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1570475296280940548

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

With the keep my mouth sewn shut joke in the Twitter…they are going to pull a fast one and this will be the Deadpool / Logan from the wolverine movie in a no way home multiple Deadpool movie.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Finally, real mutants in the MCU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol okay sure why not

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

drat, are they gonna do Deadpool vs. Wolverine?

That's gonna be huge if so.

Also probably how they got Hugh back... by backing up a dumptruck of money.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm of two minds about this. Obviously I love Hugh Jackman Wolverine, but also...man, Logan was just such an incredible movie, and a wonderful sendoff to the character.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

They could have this be a send off to Hugh and a way to bring in x23 as the wolverine of the MCU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Gologle posted:

I'm of two minds about this. Obviously I love Hugh Jackman Wolverine, but also...man, Logan was just such an incredible movie, and a wonderful sendoff to the character.

For sure, but I think they can make it work in the wide world of multiverseses and canon's and whatnot. LOGAN is still there, a wonderful sendoff for Fox's Wolverine and Prof. X, but Patrick Stewart showing up in Dr. Strange 2 didn't erase that movie, either.

This will be on a bigger scale than that, of course, but if there's any series that can get real dumb without ruining the serious stuff, it's Deadpool.

Please also bring back Cable played by Brolin, thanks in advance.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I'm assuming the movie will be another multiverse centered story. Probably explain how Deadpool and any relevant cast end up in the MCU. Unless this is it for Reynold's run with the character. Should be a lot of fun either way.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

glitchwraith posted:

I'm assuming the movie will be another multiverse centered story. Probably explain how Deadpool and any relevant cast end up in the MCU. Unless this is it for Reynold's run with the character. Should be a lot of fun either way.

He specifically calls out that this is Deadpool's first movie in the MCU. Whether or not this ends Reynolds' run as the character, this version of that character is stepping into the Disney MCU in Deadpool 3.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

What if...it's introducing and killing off Logan in one movie and Dafne Keen is the MCU's Wolverine going forward?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 27, 2022

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sorta love the coincidence that the last two mystical places they've added have been Ta Lo and Talocan.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theironjef posted:

Sorta love the coincidence that the last two mystical places they've added have been Ta Lo and Talocan.

-can, huh? Alpha Flight movie confirmed

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reynolds seems like he enjoys all of this too much to give up the franchise role he’s finally nailed right as it opens the door into MCU insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Codependent Poster posted:

Also probably how they got Hugh back... by backing up a dumptruck of money.
Jackman’s on record as wanting to do it. (As is Hemsworth, and Krasinski reacted to the teaser. So who knows.)