Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Doug's Big Game (102%, All Honker Burgers collected, Patti marries Skeeter ending)

lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i spent 1 week trying to beat legacy of the wizard and then my mom turned off my nes, in the process tearing my heart out and killing me. not doin that again any time soon

I tried to beat this and played it on emulator just to not deal with the 32 character password system, but joke was on me cause turned out whatever emulator I was using crashes on the final boss and only the final boss.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

Imp Zone Game Club [Wizardry IV (PC) - 1987 - Deadline 10/4/22 11:59EST]

its easy thanks to the evil powers of werdna the wizard

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

46) Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

This would have blown my mind if I had played it on the Wii. Still holds up with a controller nowadays.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Contra (NES) - Pretty hard thanks to the random troll enemies but I finally got a run to stage 7 with all my continues and managed to beat it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Frenz posted:

Contra (NES) - Pretty hard thanks to the random troll enemies but I finally got a run to stage 7 with all my continues and managed to beat it.

Hell yeah!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Frenz posted:

nice work gamer

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Vadun posted:

46) Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

This would have blown my mind if I had played it on the Wii. Still holds up with a controller nowadays.

oh man you should do darkside chronicles next

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

22. doom (SNES) - UV

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Syringe (6 maps for Doom II, 2019, UVMax pistol start). 3/5. Maps 1, 2 & 5 of this are pretty great, especially MAP05, a very exciting, dense moon-themed hotstart map with a big focus on managing rockets in close quarters. like half of this set is great and the other half is big stinkers. especially map06. a platforming heavy map that you have to do 4 times over, unlocking new paths each time. sucks. no fun! would recommend checking out half of this set though.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

John Romero posted:

oh man you should do darkside chronicles next

Yeah we played through the first level and it's crazy how different it is, I don't think the Umbrella was on the Havoc engine. The new engine and different ways to upgrade your weapons makes it feel pretty fresh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Red Strings Club

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • The Eye (1 level for Doom II, UV). 3/5. good concept map of a huge circular level; you can go either way at the beginning and eventually you return to the first room w/ all 3 keys and enter a final tower climb finale. design wise its impressively constructed and the outer perimeter had a nice variety of rooms+fights. what really drags it down is the finale, theres just not enough ammo available for the amount of enemies + archviles that get piled into this tower. wound up being quite frustrated in the final stretch.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Doom

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins. I hadn't replayed this in a long while and it was fun. The space themed world and the final castle are particularly cool and I love how especially goofy Wario looks in this.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I can see that final castle in my sleep. Played so much of that game when I was a kid.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fiend Matador posted:

Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins. I hadn't replayed this in a long while and it was fun. The space themed world and the final castle are particularly cool and I love how especially goofy Wario looks in this.

best gb soundtrack ever

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

mbt posted:

best gb soundtrack ever

It's really good + the increasingly dramatic music stings that happen whenever Wario does a phase change were an incredible choice by the sound designer lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fiend Matador posted:

SML2 ftmfw

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

mbt posted:

best gb soundtrack ever
link's awakening?

but drat, I put the SML2 soundtrack on for 3 seconds and it's hitting me hard

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

All the dramatic buildup with the castle and the music and then the Wario fight is like

ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fiend Matador posted:

All the dramatic buildup with the castle and the music and then the Wario fight is like

ftw

Lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fiend Matador posted:

ftw

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

:hai:

Fiend Matador posted:

ftw

lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Strange Horticulture - Elderphinium Ending, All Plants Identified

Never heard of this game before today but it blew me away. I was looking for a creative mystery/deduction game and a friend pointed me to this and it was really fun. The deduction part is all about identifying plants from vague descriptions and also features puzzle solving, working out clues on a map, and a decently interesting spooky story. Fantastic little game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fiend Matador posted:

ftw

lmao

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. Deathloop
11. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
12. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
14. Dark Souls 3
15. Helltaker
16. Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 & 2
17. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
18. The Looker
19. Yakuza 5
20. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
21. Vampire Survivors

Holy poo poo this game is just unfair how much of your life it'll waste away, it owns.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Roth posted:

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. Deathloop
11. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
12. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
14. Dark Souls 3
15. Helltaker
16. Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 & 2
17. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
18. The Looker
19. Yakuza 5
20. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
21. Vampire Survivors

Holy poo poo this game is just unfair how much of your life it'll waste away, it owns.

ill need spoilers to know if ive beaten this lol, i didnt even consider it a game that is "beaten" since im still unlocking poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only have 4 more arcana and a bonus stage boss before I complete the collection, but since there's still some acheevos to get I'm not sure that really counts as beaten on its own lol.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
snes doom

out of the two versions of doom i've finished (this and 32x), easily the worst

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i swear to god, im going to make a map of each imps house that has not played doom on the pc and run drills on it until im so desensitized that even a school shooter would find my actions inhumane

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ive played doom on pc i just haven't finished it so i should only be half murdered

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

trying to jack off posted:

ill need spoilers to know if ive beaten this lol, i didnt even consider it a game that is "beaten" since im still unlocking poo poo

The fifth stage is the last level

I've got about 30 unlocks left and I'll update it when I've gotten everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

i swear to god, im going to make a map of each imps house that has not played doom on the pc and run drills on it until im so desensitized that even a school shooter would find my actions inhumane

they made a pc port?