Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Riatsala posted:

I feel like a boomer when I say this but people just aren't as patient while they're driving anymore. I don't remember this sort of idiocy on this scale pre-Covid.

Things have definitely gotten more stupid. It was worst in the spring right after the Omicron wave went down from its peak, there were a couple weeks where people spontaneously decided en masse that red left arrows counted as stop signs and I was seeing a couple flagrantly illegal turns a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Speaking of stop signs: please don't stop at stop signs and look at your phone. What the gently caress are you doing?

Also, please don't back most of the way out of a parking spot and... Stop to look at your phone.

Just basically please stop checking your phone while you're supposed to be driving a vehicle, nothing in there is more important than the literal tons of moving metal and glass here and now

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Brawnfire posted:

Speaking of stop signs: please don't stop at stop signs and look at your phone. What the gently caress are you doing?

Also, please don't back most of the way out of a parking spot and... Stop to look at your phone.

Just basically please stop checking your phone while you're supposed to be driving a vehicle, nothing in there is more important than the literal tons of moving metal and glass here and now

Car mode is great and should be mandatory. Just let the thing go into dnd and only be useful for music/maps

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

If I am ever an omnipotent being who can shape reality at will I guarantee the first thing I will do is turn all people who shoot down suggestions without offering an alternative into dust and scatter it throughout my realm

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Manager Hoyden posted:

If I am ever an omnipotent being who can shape reality at will I guarantee the first thing I will do is turn all people who shoot down suggestions without offering an alternative into dust and scatter it throughout my realm

Naah

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Manager Hoyden posted:

Wouldn't work.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My phone camera does this thing where I take a picture and the picture will change after a couple seconds. So I'll get this adorable shot I'm like "yes, perfect!!" But it says "processing!" and then it changes to a less awesome version for the final

No matter what options I deactivate it doesn't seem to change this behavior. It's quite frustrating! I want to show my wife my son's silly faces!

Edit: it just happened! The cutest shot of him "eating" the block soup he made, and it changes... To him half a second later, walking off frame. Awesome.

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Sep 30, 2022

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Could check out a 3rd party camera app, they've been around for ages even though most people just use whatever app comes preloaded with their phone, as it's guaranteed to be some in-app post-processing / merging of multiple camera shots etc.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

things that are made for short people

im staying at a place that has a bed with a blanket thats less than 2 meters long. my feet stick out the bottom at night. we allow short people into our society and this is what we get in return

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

things that are made for short people

im staying at a place that has a bed with a blanket thats less than 2 meters long. my feet stick out the bottom at night. we allow short people into our society and this is what we get in return

Lmao spoken like a true tall person unaware of his tall privilege

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Got a bit short with them, there

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What is the cutoff between short, regular, and tall? Please use normal measurements like feet and inches.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

1 foot, 2 foot to 10 foot, 10 foot+.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Brawnfire posted:

My phone camera does this thing where I take a picture and the picture will change after a couple seconds. So I'll get this adorable shot I'm like "yes, perfect!!" But it says "processing!" and then it changes to a less awesome version for the final

No matter what options I deactivate it doesn't seem to change this behavior. It's quite frustrating! I want to show my wife my son's silly faces!

Edit: it just happened! The cutest shot of him "eating" the block soup he made, and it changes... To him half a second later, walking off frame. Awesome.

Sounds like you’re using the live picture function. Go to edit, and hit this

And you’ll pull up a menu to get you to pick the frame you want

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

oldpainless posted:

What is the cutoff between short, regular, and tall? Please use normal measurements like feet and inches.

Pretty sure all heights only have two feet at most

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

Lmao spoken like a true tall person unaware of his tall privilege

being tall is much better than being short, until you have to deal with things for short people like short beds or small doors

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Being really short rules because I only spend 1/3 as much on groceries as my tall friends.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Dip Viscous posted:

Being really short rules because I only spend 1/3 as much on groceries as my tall friends.

lol its not like all tall people are fat

that reminds me of a peeve: fucken sizes are always big AND tall, never big OR tall. i can buy pants that fit my waist, or i can buy pants that fit my legs, but rarely both. double hard mode if you're tall and female, from what i understand

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Not all tall people are fat but a tall person of average build is still larger than a short person of average build.

Shirts are impossible at any height. Any shirt that's the correct length for my torso wears like a lampshade.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Raluek posted:

lol its not like all tall people are fat

that reminds me of a peeve: fucken sizes are always big AND tall, never big OR tall. i can buy pants that fit my waist, or i can buy pants that fit my legs, but rarely both. double hard mode if you're tall and female, from what i understand

I'm a 6'3" kind of skinny guy and based on the selection at second-hand stores I must have some kind of freak body clothes are not made for.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

being tall is much better than being short, until you have to deal with things for short people like short beds or small doors

Lmao if you were short you'd know no such things exist I fuckin WISH there were things made for short people but some day I will die bc some tall rear end truck didn't see me

New peeve I crossed the street in front of some new truck some guy was driving and the front stopped at my necks height, I s2g they're designed to kill people on purpose. No chance of bending over the front to absorb that impact

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dip Viscous posted:

Shirts are impossible at any height. Any shirt that's the correct length for my torso wears like a lampshade.

Buy shirts that fit your neck size and shoulder width (and ideally arm length), then take them to a seamstress or tailor and have them fitted.

It's a bit of an extra outlay, but you get shirts that fit perfectly.

One of my colleagues is quite tall and athletic, and that's how he buys shirts.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Sounds like you’re using the live picture function. Go to edit, and hit this

And you’ll pull up a menu to get you to pick the frame you want

Ah, is this for iPhone? I have a Motorola, and don't seem to have options like this. :smith:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Current peeve: Japanese names being written backwards in English. It seems very disrespectful, and it's definitely very confusing. And it's completely pointless and unnecessary - as proven by the fact that we don't do it for other, similar name formats.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Lmao if you were short you'd know no such things exist I fuckin WISH there were things made for short people but some day I will die bc some tall rear end truck didn't see me
There may not be broad categories of things all designed for short people, but there are individual things that definitely are. Like my sister's bathroom; I can't see my face in the mirror, and I'm only 170 cm. It must have been custom-designed for the original owner and not expected to be used by anyone else ever.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tiggum posted:

There may not be broad categories of things all designed for short people, but there are individual things that definitely are. Like my sister's bathroom; I can't see my face in the mirror, and I'm only 170 cm. It must have been custom-designed for the original owner and not expected to be used by anyone else ever.

You see it alot in places built a long time ago(people were just generally shortsr) and in places where an old lady lived for 20+ years and had everything replaced to suit her as she shrank with age.

I lived in a place with waist level light switches because the person who lived there previously was apparently wheelchair bound

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i watched an ad reel for new homes from like the 1950s and they were advertising how you could get the kitchen custom fitted to your wife's height so it'd be ergonomic for her

sexist as hell but also drat i want a custom fitted kitchen

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Killingyouguy! posted:

Lmao if you were short you'd know no such things exist I fuckin WISH there were things made for short people but some day I will die bc some tall rear end truck didn't see me.

Cry me a river leg-room. Buses and planes suck for 6'6" tall humans.

Stuff built for "average sized" people aka 5'8"-5'10" is bullshit. Even finding a car I fit on isn't that easy. I need headroom.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

"oh boo hoo I'm so tall it's so easy for me to reach everything at the grocery store q_q" unhinged behaviour just saw your calves off

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

you can just get a stool if you want to reach something. men of stature cannot shrink in size

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The way fastforwarding and rewinding work on streaming services. It's almost impossible to hit the spot you want. More often than not it ends up going like 5 minutes before or after what I'm aiming for because of how unresponsive the remote is. Bring back physical/analog buttons to do those things.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The worst part about being tall is hitting your head on things.

The best is being asked by little old ladies to get things off the shelf in grocery stores. (Though I did once have to gently explain to someone that I do not actually work here and my bus is coming and I have to go)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

docbeard posted:

The worst part about being tall is hitting your head on things.

The best is being asked by little old ladies to get things off the shelf in grocery stores. (Though I did once have to gently explain to someone that I do not actually work here and my bus is coming and I have to go)

Almost every time I'm on a flight I smack my head against the overhead compartment and the flight attendants usually are like "are you okay" and I have to reassure them there's nothing in there to hurt. I just forget it's there when I have impatient people behind me waiting for me to get out of the way.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

just bend over

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

RFC2324 posted:

just bend over

Buy them dinner first, at least.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It's still so annoying how most bluetooth headsets just refuse to have easily-swappable cushions and etc so you can wash them out or replace them easily.
I just want to be able to twist them off and pop on some new ones, maybe in a different material/etc. Or just be able to more easily wash them out a bit.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bluetooth in general is a peeve of mine. I hate it and I hate that it's become the standard. It is utter poo poo.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Why do boxes get like 10-20% smaller after you've unpacked something, so that you can't repack it as nicely.
It's annoying, stop that.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

RFC2324 posted:

You see it alot in places built a long time ago(people were just generally shortsr) and in places where an old lady lived for 20+ years and had everything replaced to suit her as she shrank with age.

I lived in a place with waist level light switches because the person who lived there previously was apparently wheelchair bound

When I hang mirrors on walls I have to choose if I get to only see my shoes or if other people can only see their forehead.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'm tired of my goddamn phone filling up with who knows what deep in the bowels of inaccessible system folders. I can't get in there to see what's taking up all the space, so I can't do anything to keep it from happening, and all the usual tricks for cleaning up your phone don't work. I don't want to root it (if that's even possible) and gently caress with Knox. The OS itself and space-sniffer apps show nothing amiss, then turn around and say "Hey, you better do something about this lack of disk space." The only thing that works is a wipe and restore, which buys me 11 months.

Possibly related to this (a cache/buffer issue?): WHY does my music app just quit after playing a few seconds of a song?? And WHY is it fine when I reopen it and play the song again?

I need a new phone. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

SubNat posted:

Why do boxes get like 10-20% smaller after you've unpacked something, so that you can't repack it as nicely.
It's annoying, stop that.

I think I need a vacuum press to get this inflatable mattress back into its box.