Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

brushwagg is a funny word and also the second thing

Brushwagg IS a funny word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The second ability sticker on Unique Charmed Pants is the same thing but for just power. Including the non-brushwagg clause.

It's only +3/+3 or +4/+4 on a lot of creatures. The +4/+4 includes Glistener Elf and Blighted Agent due to the new Phyrexian type, so it might find some place in Infect as it's less conditional than Groundswell or Might of Old Krosa.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The second ability sticker on Unique Charmed Pants is the same thing but for just power. Including the non-brushwagg clause.

It's only +3/+3 or +4/+4 on a lot of creatures. The +4/+4 includes Glistener Elf and Blighted Agent due to the new Phyrexian type, so it might find some place in Infect as it's less conditional than Groundswell or Might of Old Krosa.

didn't even get that it's actually eternal legal wow

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

You'll want to cast Embiggen before Scale Up as Scale Up overwrites types, so there are still some tricky timing limitations in Infect.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
This seems like an upgrade for legacy infect, I run 3 scale up right now but will probably swap out some number for embiggen.

neaden fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 27, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Leyline of Singularity's Stock just goes up uP UP!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cactrot posted:

You'll want to cast Embiggen before Scale Up as Scale Up overwrites types, so there are still some tricky timing limitations in Infect.

I was looking at pauper infect, which can't have Scale Up.

I don't think Embiggen goes past +5/+5 on any conventional creatures. poo poo gets cramped at five types already.

The only case I could see six types is a legendary creature with updated types as heavily as Priest of Gix or something, which would be hard as most of those were just Summon Legend at base.

insertdumbnamehere
Jan 1, 2013
+5/+5 for Inkmoth Nexus seems fun.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

I don't think Embiggen goes past +5/+5 on any conventional creatures. poo poo gets cramped at five types already.

The only case I could see six types is a legendary creature with updated types as heavily as Priest of Gix or something, which would be hard as most of those were just Summon Legend at base.

Seton's Scout is the only non-changeling creature with 4 native types (so, not counting a powered up Figure of Destiny), that I know of.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Em_TeeGee/status/1574791835897434117?t=SFbw-BOE7krh4Pu6kJO5wg&s=19

The actual story behind the card is amazing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
There's a handful of Legendary Snow Creatures with two subtypes to make this a 5/5 effect.
I wonder if there's any cards that let you add any number of creature types types or remove a singular creature type.

If you animate the Rangeling land, a quick count says it gets +15/+15 (13 land types, plus Creature and Land) at minimum.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Toshimo posted:

Seton's Scout is the only non-changeling creature with 4 native types (so, not counting a powered up Figure of Destiny), that I know of.

Preist of Gix and Rathi Assassin also have 4 types, they got race/class on top of their printed types and later bumped to Phyrexian.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ashaya, Soul of the Wild adds Forest and Land to all your non-token creatures.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dryad of the Ilysian Grove/Prismatic Omen add the five basic land types (but not Basic itself) to animated creature lands.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Stonework packbeast has 7 types and is pauper legal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

neaden posted:

Burakos is also 7, plus you can turn him into an artifact much easier than you can turn the Packbeast legendary I guess.

Not Pauper legal of course.

HootTheOwl posted:

I wonder if there's any cards that let you add any number of creature types types or remove a singular creature type

Artificial Evolution would let you change Brushwagg to something else I think?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 27, 2022

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

neaden posted:

I completely forgot the Party guys.

I was looking for cards that were innately a lot of types, if you include other cards' effects then you can turn anything into anything so that doesn't mean much.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Aphrodite posted:

Artificial Evolution would let you change Brushwagg to something else I think?
I don't think that's true because Brushwagg isn't text on the card it's part of the CDA.

Gatherer posted:

If a creature's creature type has been changed by a spell or ability, changing the card's text won't affect or alter the new creature type.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 27, 2022

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

A lot of the dice cards are gonna be fun with all the AFR and CLB cards that care about rolling dice

Edit: Is it too late to hope for a black bordered reprint of Krark's Other Thumb?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Silhouette posted:

A lot of the dice cards are gonna be fun with all the AFR and CLB cards that care about rolling dice

I believe a 6 on a d20 is still a 6 for cards that care about that, unless the rules state that it only counts for six-sided dice.

Man the comprehensive rules update will be weird.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I mean cards that mention rolling dice in general, like the faerie that makes sprite dragons or the legendary that clones attacking creatures, or the creature that is effectively Krark's Other Thumb on a body

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Silhouette posted:

Edit: Is it too late to hope for a black bordered reprint of Krark's Other Thumb?

MTG youtuber Spice8Rack did a video on the silver border and spoke with Maro. Apparently, the silver bordered card The Cheese Stands Alone was considered for an early compilation set and was going to be reprinted with a black border, making it eternal legal. However they made the decision to keep all silver bordered cards silver bordered and chose to not include TCSA. A functionally identical card called Barren Glory was printed in Future Sight(?).

Seems like their policy is just printing new cards with silver bordered effects than changing the legality of the original. I'm bummed cause I was also hoping for a black border reprint of Krarks for AFR, but it is what it is.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Darkoni posted:

A functionally identical card called Barren Glory was printed in Future Sight(?).

Future Sight yes, functionally identical not quite since Glory only triggers on upkeep and Cheese is a any time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
fwiw I wouldn't judge what they did before creating the acorn sticker tech to designate legality in terms of whether or not they'll change legality of previously silver border cards in the future. I'd still come down on the side of 'they're probably not going to do it' but it's a lot more viable now that they've done the work

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

How does this work with something light Faceless Haven?

https://scryfall.com/card/khm/255/faceless-haven

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

PolishPandaBear posted:

How does this work with something light Faceless Haven?

https://scryfall.com/card/khm/255/faceless-haven

You can't target faceless haven with embiggen, because faceless haven is also a brushwagg when it is a creature.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, 'non-brushwagg' is a very clean way to make the spell not work on changelings (which would otherwise make the spell grant +250/+250 or something ridiculous like that)

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
Got it. I guess I don't know what a brushwagg is then. I checked Scryfall but didn't find anything other than a few cards that actually said brushwagg.

Is this somewhere else in the rules?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

PolishPandaBear posted:

Got it. I guess I don't know what a brushwagg is then. I checked Scryfall but didn't find anything other than a few cards that actually said brushwagg.

Is this somewhere else in the rules?

https://scryfall.com/search?q=t%3Abrushwagg

It's just a creature type like Elf, Goblin, Phyrexian, Human, Goat, Ooze, Orb, etc

And also, yes:

https://yawgatog.com/resources/magic-rules/#R2053m

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Wotc errata all constructs and golems to robots plz

Also errata jesters cap to be a Tribal Artifact - Clown

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

https://scryfall.com/search?q=t%3Abrushwagg

It's just a creature type like Elf, Goblin, Phyrexian, Human, Goat, Ooze, Orb, etc

And also, yes:

https://yawgatog.com/resources/magic-rules/#R2053m

Oh, I'm an idiot. It's all creature types and therefore also brushwagg.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I know it's a common r/custommagic solution to Changeling Problems though for r/custommagic the go to creature type is usually coward. Brushwagg is a funnier word though and this IS an unset.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the brushwagg discord community is pretty pissed, I can assure you

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Beebles discord, however, is bursting.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i believe the only 3 things that can hit +7/+7 with Embiggen are the two party creatures mentioned before and Gideon, Ally of Zendikar when using his +, which makes him a 'Legendary Creature Planeswalker - Gideon Human Soldier Ally'

i do think the most realistic use case is infect tho

President Ark fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 28, 2022

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

So WOTC got shamed enough to up the prizes for the cosplay event at Magic 30.

https://twitter.com/PlayMTG/status/1574497144622530596

If you forgot, this was the previous prize pool and no I didn't remove the runner-up prize it never existed beforehand.

quote:

One (1) Best in Show Award: US$200 JOANN Fabric gift card, two (2) 3-Day badges to an upcoming Event, and one (1) hotel room to be used at the upcoming Event;
Three (3) Judges’ Awards for Novice, Journeyman, and Masters categories: US$100 JOANN Fabric gift card

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://twitter.com/DugFinn/status/1574593537987026950?s=20&t=pmwV9M11d1HwJ6QKvBCz5Q

Welp

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Whoops just gonna increase our prize support by, uh, several thousand percent or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Get ready for another 15% price increase on boosters to refinance this