Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I got Beidou today too. Is there a potential fourth member out there for my Candace/Beidou/Yun Jin all-parry gimmick team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

desert is pretty
Dehya :swoon:

savin' up my rolls for 3.2 and beyond, but the primos are starting to burn a hole in my pocket. :sigh:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sanctum posted:

So are we all gonna level up a 2nd black tassel for Candace? I don't want Zhongli sharing a weapon. Swapping all the time would be such a hassle I tend to use Zhongli.

I got the sac sword on the standard banner so I'm happy. It's just not right how important that drat sword is, just going from R1 to R2 is noticeable.

I don't do weapon swapping things, and while that means that someone will inevitably end up with a somewhat crap weapon, it usually works out fine. My zhongli has a still not max leveled dragonspine spear, and he's still just fine at making shields and dropping meteors, despite how generally useless that thing is for him.

Mostly this results in whoever I use least as a sword guy ending up with a level 60 flute, and there's a huge raft of characters I don't really use. YMMV.

Speaking of sacrificial stuff, does anyone besides beidou actually want a sacrificial claymore? I keep getting them and I can't decide if it's worth parking hers at r5 or giving it to someone like poor chongyun, with his debate club. My gacha claymore luck is so terrible, I'm swimming in bells and favs and rainslashers, although the last one is kinda alright for sayu. Thankfully I'm done friendshipping claymore guys for now, so I can leave razor with that bloodtained whatever and not care.

FractalSandwich posted:

I got Beidou today too. Is there a potential fourth member out there for my Candace/Beidou/Yun Jin all-parry gimmick team?

If you're flexible with the meaning of the word parry, you could probably use rosaria's skill as a sort of quick dodge? I don't think it properly teleports through enemies, so you might just end up parking her in front of the thing you were tyring to not get hit with.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

FractalSandwich posted:

Heizou so you can be a Megazord Anemoboxer

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Probably blew way too many wishes on the venti banner, but I did get him, some sayu, and some candace. No kuki cons though...

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1574972168261099521

This year's "my year in review" thing is up.

I killed fewer slimes and hilchurls than last year, which isn't surprising because there's not much point in doing so. Nice that they'll compare it to last year's totals, if you have them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wish time, fingers crossed.

(60) Favonius Greatsword (70) Qiqi C2 Kuki Shinobu C1(10) Sayu C3 Favonius Greatsword

I forgot that I needed more of all these characters. I'm out of wishes but at least my next 5* in 3.8 is guaranteed. Also wow, Candace's attacks are both slow and also very weak which is a weird combo. Really would've liked more constellations, Sayu's healing is very minimal and I assume that the C6 is what really puts it over the line. Or at least gets her ticking close to 1000.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

nice

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

No Wave posted:

Ok. I've seen reports around and I think they are starting soft pity at 74 now. And it happened to me (I was on 8 purple pity!!!). Then I unga bungad until Sayu C6 and uhm...

I hit my pity 50/50 on a 10 pull between 71 and 81. Never thought I'd be disappointed to get Jean, but here we are. No Candace, but I'm debating whether to save the primos from the patch for the next banner or get a guaranteed Cyno.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Only 50 hilichurls killed a day, down from 100!

Coolness Averted posted:

I hit my pity 50/50 on a 10 pull between 71 and 81. Never thought I'd be disappointed to get Jean, but here we are. No Candace, but I'm debating whether to save the primos from the patch for the next banner or get a guaranteed Cyno.
Maybe you could start farming beetles, then seeing if that makes you lose interest...

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

lol, that's more than I killed, and I only killed 160 less than last year

… is this something to be proud of?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Cyno kind of perplexes me. Like on the one hand he's a straight up NA carry, like a fixed version of Xiao, and that seems like it'd be a strength with aggravate. On the other hand I feel like we won't know if he's strong or not until Nahida drops and welp. Also he has no nipples.

Harrow posted:

You can only really work with the information you have about the game state as it currently exists when you're evaluating a character, after all.

Shhh. You're breaking the magic of being able to say "remember when stupid people said stupid things because they stupidly didn't account for future unknown circumstances?"

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mailer posted:

Cyno kind of perplexes me. Like on the one hand he's a straight up NA carry, like a fixed version of Xiao, and that seems like it'd be a strength with aggravate. On the other hand I feel like we won't know if he's strong or not until Nahida drops and welp. Also he has no nipples.

Just looking at both chars, if I had been leaked the design like 3 months ago without knowing anything about either, i'd guess Candace to be the 5 and Cyno the 4, since 4s tend to look more plain than 5s.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FractalSandwich posted:

I got a second Sac Sword today too. I'm debating whether the refine is worth more than levelling it up and having a second one to go around. I do have a lot of other good swords already, but not in the same niche.

Personally I believe it's always better to refine 4 stars. The amount of times when you'd want to run two exact copies of a weapon on a team is pretty rare relative to the resources you'd invest to take them to 90. Doubly so for sac weapons because there's a huge difference between 40% activation and eventually 80%.

Mailer posted:

He's very weird because his burst lasts long enough it actually becomes a detriment, but it's cooldown and damage are balanced on how long it lasts. He'd just be better if it was a shorter cd and duration.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

No Wave posted:

Maybe you could start farming beetles, then seeing if that makes you lose interest...

I was sick enough to do it for Itto why stop now?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eimi posted:

Personally I believe it's always better to refine 4 stars. The amount of times when you'd want to run two exact copies of a weapon on a team is pretty rare relative to the resources you'd invest to take them to 90. Doubly so for sac weapons because there's a huge difference between 40% activation and eventually 80%.

He's very weird because his burst lasts long enough it actually becomes a detriment, but it's cooldown and damage are balanced on how long it lasts. He'd just be better if it was a shorter cd and duration.

There's never enough ER substat weapons to go around though, so sac weapons are one of the few that it's arguably worth it to keep unrefined.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Get your primo: https://act.hoyoverse.com/ys/event/...code=GB4VXJCK6N

Looks like Kokomi has taken the lead as my most used character for domains

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I'm not sure there's that many mages/claymores that want sac weapons, but swords are generally good to have multiples of.

Incidentally, they've finally added a proper teleport point to the teapot, beyond the ones you set yourself. That's kinda nice, and I guess a good reminder that I should rejigger mine at some point. Maybe by now they've sorted out load enough that I can actually enclose my house with walls and not bash up against the load limit.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

50 rolls on Venti's banner and no Candance. Oh well, time to save for Nahida.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Eimi posted:

I had a hard time testing aggravate during his trial, but his burst was fun enough to play with on its own. I suspect his best friend would be someone with a Dendro version of Raiden's E, if they ever make one. Also a good healer who doesn't mess up reactions, because man is it easy to go mindlessly aggro. Probably Jean or Sayu. Or just Zhongli.

On a completely unrelated note, there's quite a few new voicelines from Mondstadters about Mika. Makes me excited that he might be arriving sooner than leakers have indicated.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

its kinda funny that we already have floods of videos going CYNO AND CANDACE USELESS??? WEAK UNITS??? and its like. guys. it has been a few hours. did you literally learn nothing from every single loving new character in the past year

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

They have learned that titles like those get them clicks.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mix. posted:

its kinda funny that we already have floods of videos going CYNO AND CANDACE USELESS??? WEAK UNITS??? and its like. guys. it has been a few hours. did you literally learn nothing from every single loving new character in the past year

Trash unit, can't even go past level 40 at this point, scam? Watch my video to find out!

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
There are more scarabs on the map than onikabuto but almost half of them are underground and locked behind puzzles that require me to have special permission. They will never stop being dicks with ascension materials and it is annoying.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just had a crazy idea. I kinda wanna try a Candace/Kuki hyperbloom team, with Dendro MC as the on-field Hydro driver.

Oh no... I have to do Ruin Serpent again :shepicide:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

It would be nice if we could reject the local god's plan as "dumb bullshit," even if said god happily ignored that sage advice.

I feel like even ignoring the whole "I have wandered worlds for centuries" thing, we've seen enough to know that these plans are trash for idiots. It would feel better if the god forced them upon us, instead of this traveler just shrugging and accepting the idiot consequences.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i attribute traveler's going along with dumb plans to the same mindset i do the WoL from XIV doing idiotic things sometimes: they think its funny/more interesting to do the dumb thing :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Get your primo: https://act.hoyoverse.com/ys/event/...code=GB4VXJCK6N

Looks like Kokomi has taken the lead as my most used character for domains

Thank god that you can just do this on PC even if you were playing from a console of some kind.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

3.1 patch notes out

Ugh, Abyss blessings for all 3 phases are for bloom teams only

Now I regret running the dendro core cap build so soon

That top team sucks and I do not recommend it at all, maybe nillou and nahida will make it work.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Threw like 50 wishes in, got Candace C2, Sayu C5, Kuki C4 (from C0) and.. a Diluc C3. :negative:

Oh well. Time to start saving for the Archon.

Finally the vertical aim speed works! Too bad my loving stick drifts worse now, they need to add a deadzone into this game. The new PS5 haptics on bursts are neat though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Speaking of saving

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/xq7e9c/nahida_na_video_via_sagiri_on_twitter/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've been playing Heizou as my main DPS and only(*) anemo character for so long that I expected Sayu's normal attacks to trigger Swirl at first.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

I wasn't planning on rolling since her kit didn't seem that appealing to me, but now I'm faltering... then again if she's purely support you won't be seeing that attack string much anyway.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
She will have a solid crit stats with high em, I could see her shooting a normal or two in most teams, maybe even N1C if normal and charged have separate ICD.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Sep 28, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hearing about Cyno's long on-field time as a weakness is fun to me because I remember when I didn't know better and was disappointed that Ayato could only do 6 seconds of on-field attacking at a time. For some reason I really wanted him to have more on-field time and I thought this made him "not a main DPS."

Obviously I've learned now that I was thinking about team building all wrong and that limited field time can actually be a strength. It's not just that he can only do his on-field hydro attacking for 6 seconds at a time--it also means he only needs 6 seconds of field time per rotation, leaving time for your other characters to use their skills and/or bursts again before you rotate back.

Cyno seems really cool but even during his trial I could feel his burst just dragging on. That he has a full 18 seconds of uptime if you use his burst correctly, and seems balanced around that much uptime, means his burst lasts longer than most (or any?) buffs and debuffs he'd also want to be making use of. Kazuha's swirl damage boost is only 8 seconds, C6 Sucrose's EM boost is 6 seconds, Viridescent Venerer's resistance shred is 10 seconds, etc. Well, Zhongli's shield can last the whole time, so that's nice at least.

that's amazing lmao

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Mix. posted:

i attribute traveler's going along with dumb plans to the same mindset i do the WoL from XIV doing idiotic things sometimes: they think its funny/more interesting to do the dumb thing :v:

The Traveler's gotta do something to entertain themselves while waiting to meet the next Archon.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So I got C2 Shinobu within 50 pulls last night (the last two came on the same 10-pull along with C1 Heizou :toot:), and then one of the standard wishes I got from ascending her popped out an Amos Bow. Not a bad night of wishing last night.

Other than Ganyu (since I don't have her), who can make decent use of the Amos Bow? It seems like it's fallen out of favor recently.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
My plan for Cyno was Zhongli, DMC, Yelan/Fish/Albedo, his aoe looks decent and his melee tracking + long reach of CA should help close the gaps with enemies so he should work without fine anemo suck.

I don't think you need to use all the duration of his ult anyway, I'll probably stay for 14-15 second or so then cycle the buffs again.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

EDIT: having played some cyno, actually getting value out of 4TF feels totally unrealistic. I'm definitely going to shoot for 4Gilded with some extra ER, and the difference between 4Gilded and 2Gilded 2Wanderer's is so small (40EM and 14% atk) that it will be a long time before I actually switch over.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Rumors of Lisa and Ayaka costumes coming soon have been renewed. Would make her the first limited character to get a costume.