Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Maybe you should wear just a collar and cuffs, like a Chippendale dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Never again shall you wear an un-popped collar.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I still have this weird fear of getting in trouble when I'm not wearing a tie in video calls.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I secretly love having a work polo shirt, because there is no way they can complain about it, I don't need to iron it, and I don't have to decide what to wear to work each day.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I love dressing like the gross slob I am.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Yeah even though I'm like 3 steps above needing to wear a uniform I do it a lot to save on dry cleaning .

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm contracted out to Shell of all places and the only requirements for clothes are long sleeves, jeans, and work boots. I wear paisley shirts. No one cares.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol I wear High on Fire t-shirts, basketball shorts and jeans to work and nobody says poo poo

I do wear an ESD smock all night, though

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

A previous job had a rather formal dress code: no trainers, no jeans, button down shirt.
Then they bought some company-branded clothes so we had the alternative option of a cheap fruit of the loom polo shirt and combat trousers. You still had to wear formal shoes with that.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I remember interviewing for a job that wanted everyone to wear a tie. Bro this is an IT job what the gently caress do you mean. You're also a student loan debt collection agency there is zero reason anyone needs to be in a tie unless they're hanging from the rafters

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I'm wearing jeans and a shirt with teddy bears on it when I go in twice a week.

I wear the same thing every time. Nobody has commented yet.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

George H.W. oval office posted:

there is zero reason anyone needs to be in a tie

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

George H.W. oval office posted:

there is zero reason anyone needs to be in a tie

It's a leash for workers to know their place

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Haha. Wow. I assumed it was a like a naked hula girl pattern or something, how can anyone object to that?

They didn't. He was either a convenient target for some rear end in a top hat middle manager to take their lovely day/life out on or this middle manager has an actual problem with them.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Oh yeah every operator on my shift said that if they are asked to choose between 1st and 2nd shift at some point soon they're going to ask for their severance and a layoff, so that makes me feel better about that ordeal.
Probably easier for everyone to get rid of 3rd entirely, rather than subject 3rd's four operators and lead to losing their independence and use of job skills across the remaining 2 shifts, tbqh.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Vibrant colour in the workplace?! Scandalous! Peon, you should be wearing a white or grey shirt at all times to show your broken spirit and subservience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIPya9N466k&t=32s

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Motronic posted:

They didn't. He was either a convenient target for some rear end in a top hat middle manager to take their lovely day/life out on or this middle manager has an actual problem with them.

I'd put more on either:

- A manager just read(or re-read) the policy on shirts with collars, and holy crap they can call someone out on it!
- A manager just spent good money on a nice shirt and feels you're looking way too poor for your position and making them look poor by proximity

There's also "a manager let it slide until some HR policymonger strolled through and got on a boss about their underlings ignoring policy and so the boss is passing the buck to CYA" but it should have happened sooner if that was the case.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My next question is - Are you built like that mannequin/olympic swimmer or are you walking around with skinnyfat gynecomastia all over the place, because ain't no one wanna see that

but yeah gently caress ties. they look good if you want to wear them but anywhere that says they're required is just requiring you to wear a slave collar

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

My next question is - Are you built like that mannequin/olympic swimmer or are you walking around with skinnyfat gynecomastia all over the place, because ain't no one wanna see that

but yeah gently caress ties. they look good if you want to wear them but anywhere that says they're required is just requiring you to wear a slave collar

Guess we found the office perv who's always trying to catch a peak at everyone's chests.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

Yesterday HR announced they were going to recognize Hispanic Month for the first time by, and I poo poo you not, organizing a taco Tuesday and giving everyone a bottle of tequila

They downgraded it to churros and a bottle of tequila :mad:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Toxic Mental posted:

I'm not built like the mannequin but I look all right. Not posting a shot of me in the shirt without someone buying me archives.

New one:

We shut down for Hurricane Ian and I'm gonna miss 20 hours this week on my schedule. We're "guaranteed" 40 hours a week though and early whispers are that we'll be offered the opportunity to "make up the hours". Well gently caress that. I contacted HR asking if they're considering any other options beyond "working 60 hours next week at base pay".

Between this and the collar, I'm worried I'm landing on the wrong people's radar

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm not built like the mannequin but I look all right. Not posting a shot of me in the shirt without someone buying me archives.

New one:

We shut down for Hurricane Ian and I'm gonna miss 20 hours this week on my schedule. We're "guaranteed" 40 hours a week though and early whispers are that we'll be offered the opportunity to "make up the hours". Well gently caress that. I contacted HR asking if they're considering any other options beyond "working 60 hours next week at base pay".

Between this and the collar, I'm worried I'm landing on the wrong people's radar

Unless you had a flex schedule in place, federally they gotta pay you time and a half for all hours over 40 in a week. Depending on how load bearing that set of airquotes around "Guaranteed" is, they might just tell everyone to pound sand, force majure/acts of god/go gently caress yourselves you aren't being paid.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Liberate 20 hours worth of poo poo from the office and say the hurricane took it.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Outrail posted:

Liberate 20 hours worth of poo poo from the office and say the hurricane took it.

I mean, you can also do that too.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

We've been rolling out a new system at work for about 6 months. It's a disaster, it does not work, and it requires a massive amount of manual workarounds at this point. My job used to be an 8-4 gig, but because of the work we've been doing it's shifted to 5-3. That's bad enough, but we were told it was just a temporary thing.

Last night, someone very high up in the company suggested that we start working at 3 am to handle the "perceived issues", so that'd shift my schedule to 3-3.

But don't worry, corporate leadership is still allowed to work from home 5 days a week and wouldn't dare dream of working more than 20 hours a week.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

A Fancy Hat posted:

We've been rolling out a new system at work for about 6 months. It's a disaster, it does not work, and it requires a massive amount of manual workarounds at this point. My job used to be an 8-4 gig, but because of the work we've been doing it's shifted to 5-3. That's bad enough, but we were told it was just a temporary thing.

Last night, someone very high up in the company suggested that we start working at 3 am to handle the "perceived issues", so that'd shift my schedule to 3-3.

But don't worry, corporate leadership is still allowed to work from home 5 days a week and wouldn't dare dream of working more than 20 hours a week.

I'm assuming that the 50% increase in hours isn't coming with a 50% increase in pay, plus overtime?

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Whenever we meet with a vendor to integrate something new in our product, my boss just asks them to make a proposal. No system description, no details, no specs, just "show us what you got." When they try to pry any type of direction out of him, he just deflects. "I'd like to see what you come up with." This is his idea of engineering.

A couple months ago vendor A made a proposal for some new technology. Boss's response: "Wow! That's great! It'll really take care of a lot of the issues we're having." About a month ago vendor B is having some issues with a component they are developing for us. Probably because our specs were very lovely, they made a shot in the dark, and they missed. Boss decides to end the development because vendor A's proposal will do what vendor B is developing but better.

Turns out vendor A's "proposal" was more of a sneak peak of a system already well into development. Turns out they did their own market research, got direct feedback from our customers and competitors, and made their own specs. Turns out it's going to be a direct competitor to one of our product lines. I guess management is putting on the pressure to make our product line actually competitive instead of a mishmash of vendor crap. I get copied on an email from my boss to vendor C: "Hey I'd liked to reconnect on this proposal you made 6 six years ago." lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Atopian posted:

I'm assuming that the 50% increase in hours isn't coming with a 50% increase in pay, plus overtime?

No of course not, that'd hurt the stock price because it's money being spent on employees that should instead be paid back to those investors.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The investors took the real risks anyway, don't you want to support our very functional and successful economic system?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I've had to explain the invoicing process to my new bosses three times in the past three days. I have completely lost all filter. They mentioned cutting out a step on the process and I told them it was an awful idea that makes no sense and reveled in the 30 seconds of awkward silence. I'm like days away from recreating the Ric Flair "fire me I'm already fired" promo.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Apparently the label scrapers I use in book mending are the perfect tool for prying up pee- or vomit-stained carpet squares. Yet another tool I have to bring from home because I don't want people using it and not returning or cleaning it. :mad:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Gross

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

I brought my Drake posted:

Apparently the label scrapers I use in book mending are the perfect tool for prying up pee- or vomit-stained carpet squares. Yet another tool I have to bring from home because I don't want people using it and not returning or cleaning it. :mad:

:chloe: did you at least clean it?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

TheSpartacus posted:

:chloe: did you at least clean it?

I dont think you need to get the book residue off to pry up carpets tbh, they're already soaked in piss a bit of book wont matter.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I brought my Drake posted:

…where do you work that requires people to regularly remove pee and vomit stained carpet?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Freaquency posted:

…where do you work that requires people to regularly remove pee and vomit stained carpet?

I'm proud to work at home

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Public library. It happens maybe once every other month. I think somebody discovered that the sticker removal tool has just the right leverage to pry up a carpet square without having to touch it and has since shared this discovery with the rest of the team.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Have you tried a large torch instead?

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Have you tried a large torch instead?

I doubt the co-workers would stand still long enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So the former “CFO” that stole a bunch of money and was sued as a consequence is just hanging out with the owners today like old chums. Something fucky is afoot.