Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Ryan Reynolds tweet, is this going to be an announcement or a shitpost?"
Answer: both.

Edit: I actually haven't seen any of the Deadpool movies, the impression I've gotten is that the quips too nonstop for my tastes, but I am oddly completely onboard with the media presence that's been done for them. That humor is right up my alley.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Using both of them could be a way to kick the Weapon X story off in the MCU. It would easily fit in as one of many super soldier programs and be a way to address a history of mutants.

But who knows. Talking out of my rear end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

badjohny posted:

They could have this be a send off to Hugh and a way to bring in x23 as the wolverine of the MCU

This would be my hope. Bring in Gabby and Jonathan the actual wolverine too.

It's just Deadpool and the wolverines killing mooks for 2 hours.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

For sure, but I think they can make it work in the wide world of multiverseses and canon's and whatnot. LOGAN is still there, a wonderful sendoff for Fox's Wolverine and Prof. X, but Patrick Stewart showing up in Dr. Strange 2 didn't erase that movie, either.

It's not the Fox Wolverine and Charles in Logan anyway.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The movie should start with Deadpool saying all his time travel shenanigans at the end of DP2 accidentally created the MCU.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

theironjef posted:

Sorta love the coincidence that the last two mystical places they've added have been Ta Lo and Talocan.

Mameluke posted:

-can, huh? Alpha Flight movie confirmed

STAC Goat posted:

Using both of them could be a way to kick the Weapon X story off in the MCU.

It's like Adam West Batman working through a riddle.

"Don't you see, Robin? First Ta Lo, then Talocan, then Two Canadians. By cancelling out all the letters that repeat..."

TA LO TALOCAN TWO CANADIANS

"W'dis, Batman? What could that felonious Feige mean by that?"
"Dis- is a prefix meaning 'not' or 'none' of the word that follows. Imagine an X cancelling the word."
"W and X! Holy adamantium, Batman, he's going to introduce the Weapon X program!"

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Lobok posted:

It's like Adam West Batman working through a riddle.

"Don't you see, Robin? First Ta Lo, then Talocan, then Two Canadians. By cancelling out all the letters that repeat..."

TA LO TALOCAN TWO CANADIANS

"W'dis, Batman? What could that felonious Feige mean by that?"
"Dis- is a prefix meaning 'not' or 'none' of the word that follows. Imagine an X cancelling the word."
"W and X! Holy adamantium, Batman, he's going to introduce the Weapon X program!"

ANACONDA MALT LIQUOR

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I assume this is like a joke or he'll be in it, but only for 5 minutes or something, but that's exactly how I felt when the announced Molina for NWH so who the hell knows

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It would be nice if the Deadpool/Wolverine movie is self contained but that seems like it will never happen now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean… it’s a Wolverine who has been in 8 movies and a Deadpool who has been in 2 (or 3) movies so I’m not sure how “self contained” it ever was.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

glitchwraith posted:

I'm assuming the movie will be another multiverse centered story. Probably explain how Deadpool and any relevant cast end up in the MCU. Unless this is it for Reynold's run with the character. Should be a lot of fun either way.

Is there anything in the other two Deadpools that contradicts the MCU besides in-jokes like Deadpool making jokes like calling Cable/Brolin Thanos in DP2?

Because honestly they could just go into 3 pretending that he was in the MCU the whole time. Might be funnier that way honestly.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TwoPair posted:

Is there anything in the other two Deadpools that contradicts the MCU besides in-jokes like Deadpool making jokes like calling Cable/Brolin Thanos in DP2?

Because honestly they could just go into 3 pretending that he was in the MCU the whole time. Might be funnier that way honestly.

They'll likely contradict the future MCU as there's that scene in 2 where a bunch of First Class-era X-Men cameo for a second or two. Nothing that can't be fixed by just saying "multiverse" of course.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This is one project that I truly don't care about when it comes it how it fits with other movies. Make it fit with everything. Or nothing! Tell several jokes about it! A legit Wolverine vs. Deadpool flick sounds awesome no matter which way you slice them.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Seems an obvious opportunity to also bring in Danny DeVito for the joke “comic accurate” Wolverine.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It’s an obvious joke, but they still really ought to do a She-Hulk cameo. A scene of the two of them just riffing on “you can see them too?”

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwoPair posted:

It establishes mutants as a known thing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

This is one project that I truly don't care about when it comes it how it fits with other movies. Make it fit with everything. Or nothing! Tell several jokes about it! A legit Wolverine vs. Deadpool flick sounds awesome no matter which way you slice them.

Seriously, why bother? This is one where they can just have him look into the camera and go "hi I'm in the MCU now"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Opopanax posted:

I assume this is like a joke or he'll be in it, but only for 5 minutes or something, but that's exactly how I felt when the announced Molina for NWH so who the hell knows

The movie logo is the Deadpool symbol with the claw marks making the "III" I assume it's not going to be just a quick goof

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It'd be hilarious if Keene is Wolverine and Deadpool just has Jackman chained up in a basement hopped up on creatine doing endless 500lb deadlifts to Wolverine him up.

With Hugh just yelling out 'Im an actor, I belong on Broadway' or something.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
replace Bucky with the Deadpool version of Juggernaut on Thunderbolts

comics Juggs got pulled off the team because of a dumb crossover event, I am owed

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blade just lost its director

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1574959974689783808?s=20&t=t_tIlC8VLp-Q6VSuHO8X0w

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Bruceski posted:

"Ryan Reynolds tweet, is this going to be an announcement or a shitpost?"
Answer: both.

Edit: I actually haven't seen any of the Deadpool movies, the impression I've gotten is that the quips too nonstop for my tastes, but I am oddly completely onboard with the media presence that's been done for them. That humor is right up my alley.

I understand people have issues with the overall levity present on average in Marvel films or their tendency to undercut drama with squirts of comedy, but being dubious about quips in a Deadpool movie is like complaining about gun violence in a Punisher movie

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I understand people have issues with the overall levity present on average in Marvel films or their tendency to undercut drama with squirts of comedy, but being dubious about quips in a Deadpool movie is like complaining about gun violence in a Punisher movie

I never said it should be otherwise, but if the general pace is anything like the clips I've seen I'd be exhausted after half an hour so even though I laugh at what I see I watch other stuff when I want a movie.

This is, surprisingly, a time when "not for me" isn't a backdoor way of calling it bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Apparently WB might have inflated HBO Max's numbers before the merger?

https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-discovery-hbo-max-subscribers-class-action-lawsuit/

Fry shocked not that shocked etc.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Official video from Marvel and Reynolds about how Deadpool and Logan fit into the MCU canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szj1iqYanFM

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

lol, the lawsuit was brought by the Illinois Police Pension fund. It's Discovery Brothers vs. cops. A real moment of

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It says they included people who got HBO Max included with AT&T but hadn't used it.

Not quite making up numbers out of thin air like Facebook did I guess.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

For everyone wondering how this will tie in with the MCU, what about the ending of Logan, etc.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
seems pretty likely that Blade will get delayed into 2024, production is apparently being pushed back into next year

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barry Convex posted:

seems pretty likely that Blade will get delayed into 2024, production is apparently being pushed back into next year

At this point just roll it into Wolverine and Deadpool. It can be the three of them vs. Dracula and vampires. A real career retrospective movie for Reynolds.

And Dracula will be played by, you guessed it, Hugh Jackman.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Barry Convex posted:

Is it? The article says it is unclear what the impact on production will be.

Also, it is kind of funny that they are basically acknowledging the long-running joke that "Executive Producer" is an amorphous nothing job title. They delayed the production too much and now the director has to leave because of other commitments and can't work on the movie. So, we'll make him the Executive Producer of the movie since he won't be around.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Been waiting for Wolverine's musical number for a while now, glad to have it on the horizon.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1575101936700772355

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I am a chronic enjoyer of things. I like big flashy superhero movies & tv shows and I tend to not look too critically, which makes them easier to enjoy. I am looking forward to all the stuff announced at D23 and the stuff we already knew about.

That's all to say, this Deadpool & Wolverine news is the most exicted about a project I've been in a long while. I can't fuckin wait. Ryan and Hugh have been buds for years, and I am looking forward to seeing that translate to the screen.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yeah I'm pretty hyped for this in a way I haven't been about a superhero film in a while.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Them giving each other poo poo through the years has always been fun. I’m pretty hyped about the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YioAD0gQQSM

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’d say I was pretty hype for No Way Home but this is probably about that level. It definitely feels like Marvels next big one. Although there’s like a dozen projects between then and now so who knows what can get hype?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think anyone was expecting the next Deadpool to also have Wolverine as a secondary main character but it makes a lot of sense. And it will probably make a lot of money too.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is it? The article says it is unclear what the impact on production will be.

To be clear, it's not confirmed yet, but is something that a few of the more credible insider types like BigScreenLeaks are claiming, and apparently one of the casting agencies for the film is saying that production has been pushed until next spring. imo, it's unlikely they can find a new director in less than two months without having any impact on production start dates (there are also rumors that the script needs major work)

https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/status/1574973513743863808
https://twitter.com/MsLizzieHill/status/1574969991845199873
https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/1574962338700009472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Official video from Marvel and Reynolds about how Deadpool and Logan fit into the MCU canon.

i actually had no idea feige was pronounced that way lol