Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I have been inspired by the Nasty Boys to post Hark! A Vagrant. Been a huge fan of this series for over a decade, even though I’m a ignoramus who doesn’t understand a large chunk of the historical and literary references. (Please for the love of god do not bring up the “Kate Beaton briefly comes to the SA forums” story. No one cares.)

Reconsider Your Definitions

Better luck next time

I always felt bad for the guy

Man I wonder what Jane Austen would think of some of her crazier fans, now that she has fans

You Really Have To Read The List Of Eccentricities

So I think that bit about computer nerds not getting hot ladies was wrong right from the beginnning because by my estimation, Georgiana Babbage was quite foxy.

They also had 8 kids so contrary to what my comic might make you believe they totally got it on.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

MokBa posted:

(Please for the love of god do not bring up the “Kate Beaton briefly comes to the SA forums” story. No one cares.)

Anyone who does this will be banned

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hell yeah. Hark a vagrant is kinda hit or miss but there's some real good ones

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

MokBa posted:

You Really Have To Read The List Of Eccentricities

So I think that bit about computer nerds not getting hot ladies was wrong right from the beginnning because by my estimation, Georgiana Babbage was quite foxy.

They also had 8 kids so contrary to what my comic might make you believe they totally got it on.

One for every bit in a byte, how romantic!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
why would Babbage hate musicians? they're doing sound math

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

proactively placing an elephant in the room, nice

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mx. posted:

PYF Comic: I don't have time for hugs and kisses. I have to read.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

hazardousmouse posted:

He was born too early to enjoy Math Rock

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MokBa posted:

(Please for the love of god do not bring up the “Kate Beaton briefly comes to the SA forums” story. No one cares.)

Wait, what? What is this about?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Welp, nice knowing you.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
My "Kate Beaton briefly came to the forums and then left" shirt is raising questions answered by my shirt

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The forum has moved on anyway, these days mentioning Kate Beaton generally triggers a meta-discussion about The Topic That Must Not Be Named rather than the Topic itself.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Speaking of Kate beaton, remember when Tom Siddel posted here briefly?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Kate Beaton has a Something Awful forums account; she posted briefly, got bored, and left. Some goons decided that she actually left because other goons had creeped her out, and it's happened often enough that she eventually posted a formal correction.

The horrible thing we apparently hate is that someone will post the misconception whenever she comes up, and be corrected. That's it, that's the whole gag.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: God throws a flaming chair at Joost! Joost counters by stabbing a sword into the wall and springing off it to reach the floor above! God shreds the remainder of his burning clothing, and the two brothers regard each other!

Read right to left:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bate (as in Bait) Keaton.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh yeah also I'm very glad to see Hark a Vagrant, that's a real good'n

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
We also have a sagas thread that is perfect for questions like that!

Also new art style looks so good, but takes a LOT more time, but then I saved time with the AI so it kind of balances out? I dunno, comic incoming in the next 4 hours.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Dear God, pls nobody go to the thread to talk about such a boring incident

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Stepping out of the Volvo of Despair produces a warm, tingly, jelly-like feeling.

Alt text returns Wednesday!

Roast Beef looks sort of like Ed Chigliak, here.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
A BLOO BLA BLOOO

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Boba Pearl posted:

This thread makes me wish google hadn't killed RSS feeders, so so many stuff are missing it because I think I would have kept up with so much poo poo if it was just fed to me in a feed I curated.

I've been a newsblur reader ever since the end and it's been great.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kaoru Mori: Anything and Something
Maudlin Baker

Even more maids! Well, one more maid.

And since this one was so short, I'm also throwing in this bonus four page comic where a different artist drew each page, with Mori doing the last one.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Splicer posted:

She could be talking about fighting.

I was gonna say “there’s no way Sigrun could always be talking about fighting,” but on second thought…

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Spectral Wizard
Chap 4: 40-47 of 82

Spectral Wizard
Chap 4: 48-55 of 82

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON BACK

king dang is unstabbable, unpunchable, and unflappable. wonder if princess darn gained any crazy monster powers or if the amount she took in was too small and just healed her. WE'LL SEE!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A single taste healing a broken hand in seconds, that monster juice is some powerful stuff.
Are they drilling into God himself to tap that fluid?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Squidster posted:

Spectral Wizard

Spectral Wizard: "Yeah so y'all should really watch out for the Crystal Wizard, she's good at putting curses on people that are basically crystal-based time bombs to control them into doing her bidding"

Marumazaki: *clearly affected by a crystal-based curse* "Go to the South Pole, she's-!" *immediately turns into crystal*

The Rest of the Order: "Gee, what could this possibly mean?"

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
that sumbitch done it again!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Kit Walker posted:

The Rest of the Order: "Gee, what could this possibly mean?"
Crystal Wizard:

EDIT: This dumb image reminded me that the same author also did a short Fallout-inspired fancomic about a Sausage Cosplayer.

Squidster has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Sep 28, 2022

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

He just hated noise, it made it hard for him to think. A quick google throws up this article:
https://www.themarginalian.org/2012/11/28/discord-babbage-noise/

That reminds me of another webcomic from the 00s: The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage! Basically steampunk crimefighting mathematicians.
It's no longer a webcomic but a comic-comic, I think. The archives have been taken down, but there is still this little primer on the author's website, as well as this updated version:
https://sydneypadua.com/2009/03/31/the-lovelace-adventures-pt-2/ (I was going to post the pages here directly, but I got a download error (??))
https://www.themarginalian.org/2015/06/15/the-thrilling-adventures-of-lovelace-and-babbage-sydney-padua/

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RealHeathcliffs/status/1575169173969203218

https://twitter.com/Tiny_cliff/status/1575180474170810368

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Emzedoh posted:

He just hated noise, it made it hard for him to think. A quick google throws up this article:
https://www.themarginalian.org/2012/11/28/discord-babbage-noise/

so did Einstein.

Von Neumann, on the other hand, couldn't function in silence, and loved playing incredibly loud recordings of marching bands while he worked.

When they worked at Princeton, their offices were next to each other.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:vince:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
they're the original odd couple!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

ultrafilter