Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Isn't one of the last Coils cutscenes, like, glitched or something if you try to watch it in the instance and not in the inn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Nothing was noticeably wrong last time I viewed them.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
One of them apparently auto-skips and drops you into combat, but I didn't have any issues when I went through it.

e: That means I didn't notice anything otherwise wrong, I think it did auto-advance.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 28, 2022

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I did it less than a year ago and had no problems. Enjoy ARR Alisaie's awful voice acting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They might have fixed it then, I just remember people telling me to skip the T13 cutscene when I did Coils back in HW.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Stupid question, how do you like praise people when a dungeon is over? I tanked 2 or 3 this morning before work and everyone was so positive. I remember seeing a tutorial tip for it but I forget how to do it :smith:.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Mesadoram posted:

Stupid question, how do you like praise people when a dungeon is over? I tanked 2 or 3 this morning before work and everyone was so positive. I remember seeing a tutorial tip for it but I forget how to do it :smith:.

It pops up in the bottom right corner the same place that loot does. But you can't commend someone who's left the instance, so you gotta be quick about it. On controller, the Select-equivalent will get you to it eventually.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

at the end of the dungeon a little notification will pop up (by default on the right side of the screen, where you get the duty pop notification/recommended quests). click on that and it'll open a window that'll let you select a person to commend. can only select one person though.

you can also let them know in chat you had a good time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i am disgustingly sugary in DF and do a nice "hi lets rock this!" greeting and then usually do a chat thank-you to anybody that busted it in addition to giving a comm. Life's too short to be a shitbag in duty finder

i also have an "eat the fruit! it's delicious!" macro

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alxprit posted:

It pops up in the bottom right corner the same place that loot does. But you can't commend someone who's left the instance, so you gotta be quick about it. On controller, the Select-equivalent will get you to it eventually.

I do wish some people would just stick around for a few seconds. You did a good job, take this comm drat it! :argh:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m lazy and do “o/“ and “gg”. Maybe a suspicious “enjoy your cutscenes :)” if I roll two specific duties and there’s sprouts.

I do comm every time I can though. I on DPS, I tend towards MT, then healer if the tank or party needed a lot of healing and they kept up well (or as well as could be expected), and finally other DPS if I’m just “take a good look at those morons” re: the tanks and healers. If I’m healing, same priority. If I’m tanking, healers first, then which ever tank I wasn’t.

This is less a formula and more how my general feelings of thanks tend to form organically.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I tend to say "thanks all!" after duties

Unless someone really bothered me for whatever reason, in which case I say "thanks folks" and mentally leave out that person

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I always hit my "Lali-Ho!" button.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I always say at the very least "hi" and "gg". As a newish tank, if something goes wrong - normally with large pulls - I immediately cuss out the healer blame myself by saying something like "damnit" or "welp" or "mb".

As DPS, the comm always goes to the tank unless a healer had to work extra hard because I was a bad BLM standing in to many shiny circles. As a tank I'm 100% always giving the comm to the healer. I haven't been a healer yet, but to complete the triangle I'd probably give it to the dps that didn't make me work the hard.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

I usually DPS Solidarity/Newbie Reward comm, unless I'm tanking then I give the healer comms for putting up with me (unless they were an rear end in a top hat, but the rear end in a top hat caveat is eternal). DPS being invisible is a good thing so if I don't remember you it's probably for the best!

Then again I also play the two DPS that people frequently make jokes about being stupid assholes making the healer's life harder (BLM and DRG) so maybe I'm just more aware of how a good DPS should be functionally invisible. E: I say this but the one time I got full comms was as a BLM, probably because I left my leylines when the floor turned orange.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

DPS usually get my comm as healer, especially BLMs if they weren't being really stupid

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Thank you everyone for the information! I will try to be quicker to give people the thumbs up.

Also, another random point, I've been getting /pet a lot as well. Not sure if that is because I am a sprout and did a good job or because I am the tiny people race :thunk:.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Thank you everyone for the information! I will try to be quicker to give people the thumbs up.

Also, another random point, I've been getting /pet a lot as well. Not sure if that is because I am a sprout and did a good job or because I am the tiny people race :thunk:.

the price lalas pay for being cute is getting /pet

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I start duties by saying hi and I end duties by bowing in front of the exit towards my teammates.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

People get weird about lalas. If anyone goes further than /petting feel free to fight back.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bruceski posted:

People get weird about lalas. If anyone goes further than /petting feel free to fight back.

:hmmyes:

I normally play Dwarves so this was the closest to that.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

potato sprout

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mesadoram posted:

Consent is assumed if you play as a potato, unfortunately. You get a fantasia at the end of ARR so you can change your character if you don't like being felt up by randoms.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Anyone thst actually uses limit break gets my commend.

I also say "hey this is my first time running this dungeon, I'll try not to gently caress everything up!!" when appropriate, and almost always get 3 commends from it regardless of my performance either way lol

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Do people do creepy things to strangers in this game?? :whitewater:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Really wish that was /pat instead of /pet, which would make it slightly less creepy

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Even as miqote number 79475427839596 I still get weirdo comments from time to time. Some people are just creepy

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Every Lala I've ever met has been beyond thrilled to receive hugs and pets so ymmv :shrug:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I begin every duty by desperately begging for comms and at the end send angry DMs to the people that didn’t comm me. That mount isn’t gonna farm itself.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I play Generic Fem Au Ra #335782 and have never gotten any weird comments or emotes, but I have gotten "nice hat" several times when I run around in my Amon's Hat-based aiming glam

It is a nice hat, tbf

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i got told my glam was cute once but don't think I've gotten anything else

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

i got told my glam was cute once but don't think I've gotten anything else

Same, and again as Generic Fem Au Ra #198478401 and Yet Another Bnnuy Boi With That Hairstyle.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I give my comm to the person who I thought played the best, unless they're a mentor in which case they don't need it

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I've gotten compliments on my FemRoe from time to time, but nothing I'd ever call creepy. Only when I'm in cities though, in dungeons I only accept party members who are ALL BUSINESS.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Oh that reminds me, I got a Glamour Prism or w/e from a quest earlier. How does the glamour system work, exactly?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I should absolutely add a section on glamours. Let me see if I can sum it up quickly.

Using a glamour prism on an item makes it "equip" over the item of your choice. This is locked into place until you use a glamour dispeller. It makes it somewhat inconvenient to use, but the alternative system that most use instead is via the glamour dresser, located in any city with an inn mostly. In here, you can spend a glamour prism to put an item into the dresser. Then, by hitting the modify glamour plates option, you can create, essentially, an on-demand outfit that can be equipped over anything you have on at the time. You can tie glamour plates to gear sets so that every time you re-equip that set it puts the outfit back on, even if you've updated your gear.

Some glamour restrictions include:
You can't put on anything you aren't high enough level to equip if it were normal. (EG: I have a level 86 hood on my glamour that I can't use unless I'm 86 or higher.)
You can't put on anything that's exclusive to a class you currently aren't. (EG: the fancy Blue Mage outfits can't be worn by classes other than Blue Mage.)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

iirc, there's a quest that introduces/unlocks some of the glam mechanics outside the waking sands, but i think you have to have leveled a crafter to like 15 before you can do it because it's tied into the old way of doing glams from back in the Bad Old Days

feel free to correct me if I'm misremembering

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

at some point (I think in 4.1?) they changed the glamour prism unlock quest from a level 50 quest in revenant's toll to a level 15 quest in central thanalan, from the same npc that you unlock dyes from. you can pick up the quest on any class - the npc also offers a 3rd quest for level 15 crafters to teach them how to craft glamour prisms (finish the quest if you want, but it's generally inefficient to craft prisms from scratch).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vitamean posted:

at some point (I think in 4.1?) they changed the glamour prism unlock quest from a level 50 quest in revenant's toll to a level 15 quest in central thanalan, from the same npc that you unlock dyes from. you can pick up the quest on any class - the npc also offers a 3rd quest for level 15 crafters to teach them how to craft glamour prisms (finish the quest if you want, but it's generally inefficient to craft prisms from scratch).

IIRC, there's still a quest in Revenant's Toll that'll unlock it at 15, which can be handy if you started in Gridania and can't reach Thanalan yet due to MSQ gating. It's admittedly a bit of a harrowing jaunt to Mor Dhona, but it's worth it if it means fewer subligar hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Early-game glamour tip: if you have MB access, the Peacelover's Attire coffer is fairly cheap and will give you a pair of pretty good-looking ripped jeans to cover your subligars, as well as some other hippy-ish stuff. The Hraesvelgr attire coffers might also be cheap now, too, and is more classically fantasy if you like that.