Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I feel as if I never needed to warn this thread about posting gifs of people getting hosed up, but alas, here we all are.

If you think you’re risking a probe by posting something really NSFW/NSFL, you are free to PM me or PC (or email me! It’s on a pinned post!) and actually, I’ll be pretty loving jazzed you did. Sometimes people actually do this and it’s cool and good to be just a smidge considerate.

Woe betide anyone who feels the uncontrollable urge to test us further.

Regards,
tw

teen witch fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Foo Diddley posted:

hmm, i wonder how much of that money OP was planning to actually spend on the kid. also his figure comes out to $400 per day he has the kid; somehow i don't think a judge is going to arrive at the same figure that his website did

In the United States, depending on the formula used by the state in which a person lives, it does not really matter if someone has full or partial custody of a child; if the income differential is large enough the parent with the lower income could be entitled to child support. This would even be the case if that income differential came into existence post-divorce decree that stipulated child support levels (or the lack of either party paying child support).

Regardless of the merits of this guy's claim, if someone is in a position where they feel that child support is necessary and appropriate, or that an increase in child support payments is necessary and appropriate--even if they do not have full custody of their child(ren)--they should consult a family-law attorney.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

champagne posting posted:

"My children, in order of how much I like them:"

Yup & even only "liking" them until they realize parentification is hosed up & decide not to be parents to their siblings any more, just like Danny. Even looking at the ages I'm betting Danny has been taking the bulk since he was probably 8-9 years old (since his brother would've been 4-5) then 2 years after that his twin sisters are born, so here's an 11 year old helping with twin infants & a 7 year old because his parents are lazy shitheads. There's always details left out & the writing style is a dead giveaway that OP is mental.

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA Glitter Birthday Gone Wrong

I really want to see a movie where these idiots keep trying to glitter bomb this poor woman and poo poo keeps going progressively wrong until they manage to blow up her house

"We cranked the stove gas on high & filled the oven with glitter. Let's see what happens when she goes inside & lights a candle!"

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for running my BF's schedule and "making him manic"?

She's a massive rear end in a top hat for doing that but dude seriously needs better therapy if his life is that strict with daily down-to-the-minute planning. Sounds like some extreme ADHD & something other than anxiety going on.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ZombieLenin posted:

In the United States, depending on the formula used by the state in which a person lives, it does not really matter if someone has full or partial custody of a child; if the income differential is large enough the parent with the lower income could be entitled to child support. This would even be the case if that income differential came into existence post-divorce decree that stipulated child support levels (or the lack of either party paying child support).

Regardless of the merits of this guy's claim, if someone is in a position where they feel that child support is necessary and appropriate, or that an increase in child support payments is necessary and appropriate--even if they do not have full custody of their child(ren)--they should consult a family-law attorney.

huh, i thought child support went to whoever had the kid more

themoreyouknow.gif

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA Glitter Birthday Gone Wrong

I really want to see a movie where these idiots keep trying to glitter bomb this poor woman and poo poo keeps going progressively wrong until they manage to blow up her house

This has an update! Kinda.

quote:

UPDATE: I just got out of a meeting between all parties.

Firstly, BG was asked Monday (day before glitter bombing) by CN if she wanted us to do her car and she said yes. CN also asked her before we went out to her car if she was sure she wanted this. Again she said yes. I was unaware of this.

Secondly, the chocolate falice was sent incorrectly by the company I purchased through who use a distributor instead of packaging and shipping their own items.

Thirdly, yes I apologized and we offered to pay for her car to be detailed and send her and her bf out to dinner.

I can promise I will never be buying anyone another birthday gift they ask for I will simply buy a card and put a $20 gift card with it. I understand it's easy to judge and I appreciate the few people who could see we meant nothing malicious by this.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for laughing when my wife told my mom to kiss her rear end?

quote:

I (23M) married my wife (22F), let’s call her K, last year and it was recently our 1 year anniversary.

I met K when we’re in 6th grade, we became friends then started dating our freshman year of high school. I proposed to her right before Covid.

K and my mother (46F) have never had a good relationship, and if I’m being honest, she wasn’t the best mother to me but I still love her.

Now getting to the problem. Me and K went to my parents house for our one year anniversary because my sister was also visiting and this would be a chance for me to meet my nephew for the first time.

We left for my parents house about 5 days before our anniversary. First night: no issues, second night: no issues. Third night is when I realized K was starting to get annoyed with my mothers remarks to her.

The day of our anniversary we went out for the day and had a good time. When we got back to my parents, my sister and K were in the kitchen having a glass of wine and talking. It’s about 8 o’clock and we all start to settle down. Nephew is asleep so the adults decided to just sit in the back around the fire pit and talk.

My sister is engaged and is starting to look for dresses so she pops the question and asks K if she can see a pic of her dress because she needs inspiration.

This is where things got bad. As K goes to grab her phone to show her the pictures, my mom says “Oh no (sisters name), you don’t want a dress like hers you’ll look like an absolute slut”

As my sister and I went to say something K just looks at my mom and in the calmest voice I’ve ever heard says “Oh please, you and your saggy boobs can kiss my rear end”

Both me and my sister looked at each other and busted out laughing. My dad was wide eyed and looked like he was holding in a laugh as well. My mother just silently got up and walked inside the house, dad followed her.

Next morning, we say goodbye to my sister and get on the road back home.

When we get home, I’m receiving multiple calls and texts from multiple family members regarding this situation.

And then late that night, my mom calls me and tells me I’m a total rear end in a top hat for laughing at what K said, and not standing up for her.

Now she’s pissed at me and refuses to answer my text or calls, so am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: Just to clarify, I do not just let my mother talk poo poo about my wife. Yes, I stand up for my wife and yes, my wife has stood up for herself. Me and my wife will have a serious conversation about what is happened and I am totally on her side with this.

calling up the whole family to tell them how i got owned

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
What’s with all these posts where a bad take is shared through a family at light speed and has everyone calling and sending them messages to admonish them? Seems so strange that everyone would feel the need to chime in on something that doesn’t affect them, is that what families do? Am I weird for talking to family around holidays and being mostly radio silent otherwise? If I heard my cousin said something mean to my aunt I wouldn’t dream of texting my cousin to chew her out.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Send a group text to the family members and let them know that your mom called your wife a slut first. She probably forgot to include that detail.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

ZombieLenin posted:

The formulas and applications are sometimes so loving dumb.

A friend of mine splits custody 50/50 of their youngest child with her ex. When the both lived in the same city/state, he had to pay her.
He moved to the west coast, got a raise into solid six figures, but because he lives on the west coast and the CoL is "higher" according to the state's formula, she now owes him several hundred per month.
Note: her income is now even more significantly lower than his.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Seems so strange that everyone would feel the need to chime in on something that doesn’t affect them
Ever heard of Twitter?

Really though it's a common tactic shitheads use: recruiting others to fight for them based on a distorted version of the story which makes them look like the victim. You can bet your rear end she didn't mention what she actually said.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

LawfulWaffle posted:

What’s with all these posts where a bad take is shared through a family at light speed and has everyone calling and sending them messages to admonish them? Seems so strange that everyone would feel the need to chime in on something that doesn’t affect them, is that what families do? Am I weird for talking to family around holidays and being mostly radio silent otherwise? If I heard my cousin said something mean to my aunt I wouldn’t dream of texting my cousin to chew her out.

i have no idea. i have a pretty big family but i'm not in touch with like 99% of them so i don't know how it goes. someone once suggested it's the rear end in a top hat who goes around trying to get people on their side, and that makes sense i guess

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

In my experience it happens when you have a large family with a bunch of different gossipy assholes in it. rear end in a top hat A gossips to B, C, and D; rear end in a top hat B gossips with C, D, E, and F; rear end in a top hat E then gossips with A, C, D, F, G, H and some random lady she knows from shul. At some point it hits critical mass and you get dozens of people all calling you up, each of them trying to either critique the situation or (more frequently) trying to get an inside scoop that they can then gossip further about.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

LawfulWaffle posted:

As soon as Mom got inside she hopped on facebook/email/groupchat and told her (extremely one-sided) version of the story to every family member (except the OP) on her contact list.

It's a common abuse technique, often referred to as "releasing the flying monkeys"

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

toplitzin posted:

The formulas and applications are sometimes so loving dumb.

A friend of mine splits custody 50/50 of their youngest child with her ex. When the both lived in the same city/state, he had to pay her.
He moved to the west coast, got a raise into solid six figures, but because he lives on the west coast and the CoL is "higher" according to the state's formula, she now owes him several hundred per month.
Note: her income is now even more significantly lower than his.

How can they have 50/50 physical custody if they live so far apart? Legal custody sure but how can you take a kid from state to state 50/50 without completely turning their life upside down?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'm glad I have a good relationship with my family, I don't know if I'd have time to laugh at everyone calling me to complain about some perceived slight against one of them.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Reading this I briefly forgot if I was on AITA or AITC

AITA for calling my housemates selfish because they keep food in their rooms ins te as of our kitchen?

quote:

I am a first year university student and just last week moved into my halls. I live with 7 other people (all freshers) in a sort of a flat. Our halls are divided into flats so it’s a big flat with 8 rooms, 2 bathrooms and a huge kitchen. Unfortunately, I was quite unlucky with my housemates we are already having issues.

Our kitchen has 2 big fridges so everyone has a shelf and we all have our own cardboard (we have to cook for pursers, it’s not catered accommodation).

I’ve been trying to eat healthy so I’ve only been buying myself healthy food and no sweets or snacks. I’m fine during the day but I get cravings at night when I’m watching stuff. One night I decided to raid the kitchen and found some chocolate on someone’s shelf so I took it. The next night I was hungry and saw yogurts in the fridge. I wanted to take one but ended up eating all of them. I wanted to buy them to replace them but they were too expensive and I fortvo later on anyway.

I got something else too and that’s when a not appeared in the kitchen to not take stuff that aren’t ours. I thought it was so rude, at least be an adult and speak directly and not leave passive aggressive notes. I’ve taken a few more stuff after that but noticed t at my housemates stopped buying the good stuff and there was nothing on their shelves. And then we had a housemate meeting and turns out they’re keeping it in their rooms which I thought was selfish and I told them so. And they called me an inconsiderate rear end in a top hat.

Last night, one of my housemates had friends over and she told all of us we can join. I was in the kitchen making dinner (that’s when they were having drinks) and they asked me to join. I asked my housemates if she had any alcohol because I didn’t buy any and joked if she keeps it stashed in her room.

Her friend whispered to her “is that her” and she nodded. I called her a bullying bitch and left the kitchen.

I spoke to my family and they agree that there was nothing wrong with what I did but my housemates reported me to the housing department and I have a meeting tomorrow which means that maybe I was in the wrong. Tell me, AITA for talk my some snacks and calling them selfish?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

kdrudy posted:

I'm glad I have a good relationship with my family, I don't know if I'd have time to laugh at everyone calling me to complain about some perceived slight against one of them.

how dare you

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for calling my housemates selfish because they keep food in their rooms ins te as of our kitchen?

Lol, "I ate their food, I was gonna replace it until I found out how expensive it was, AITA?"

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Tobermory posted:

In my experience it happens when you have a large family with a bunch of different gossipy assholes in it. rear end in a top hat A gossips to B, C, and D; rear end in a top hat B gossips with C, D, E, and F; rear end in a top hat E then gossips with A, C, D, F, G, H and some random lady she knows from shul. At some point it hits critical mass and you get dozens of people all calling you up, each of them trying to either critique the situation or (more frequently) trying to get an inside scoop that they can then gossip further about.

I'm so glad that no one in my large family talks to each other.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Soylent Pudding posted:

That person better be worried if they see an empty container of bar soap and socks.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

All this happened in 10 days :psyduck:

This arsehole keeps going 'they should've talked to me', as if they even considered asking before stuffing their face.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i've been trying to eat healthy so i stole everybody else's food

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

I like how even in their rosy-tinted writeup they admit they took food over and over again. And that the food was expensive. And that she'd been asked to stop both with a note and in person.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Foo Diddley posted:

i've been trying to eat healthy so i stole everybody else's food

It’s called hunting, nothing healthier

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That would be gathering you fool.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That would be gathering you fool.

Noooo

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

AITA for turning around in my car when I saw that my boyfriend brought his friends with him to go on a trip with us?

quote:

I f30 am dating my boyfriend "Smith" m39 for 8+ months. We have been planning to go on a roadtrip but it couldn't happen because he kept insisting that we let his 2 friends tag along.

He brought it up again and promised that he won't ask me to let him bring his friends with him since (1) I'm the one paying for the expenses. and (2) It's my car. (3) I always wanted us to go alone for once without having his friends tag along. (4) I don't wanna pay for his friends.

We agreed that I'd come pick him up in the morning so we could ago. I came in my car and entered his neighborhood. However, when I saw him standing outside with his bag AND his 2 friends were also standing there with their bags, I was shocked and furious. I didn't pull over I just turned around and kept driving and went back home. I saw him running after me in the rearview mirror. He then stopped and started calling me. I did not respond til I got home.

He lashed out on me on the phone asking why the hell I turned around and left. I told him why and how I didn't appreciate how he basically tried to force me to take his friends with us after I said "no" already. He called me awful amd said that I ruined the entire thing for us and acted immaturely and spitefully. He said I could've just accepted it how it is but I told him that I would never accept being put in a situation where I'm expected to just "suck it up". He hung up after yelling at me for few minutes.

I called back but got no response. He texted about how embarrassed him infront of his friends and is refusing to speak to me til after I apologize.

AITA for turning around in my car and going home? Did I make the right call?

There was another story like this but with a mother invited and I don't know how these people thought this was a good idea.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
excited to know why none of these three guys can drive

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Sodium Chloride posted:

AITA for turning around in my car when I saw that my boyfriend brought his friends with him to go on a trip with us?

He called me awful amd said that I ruined the entire thing for us and acted immaturely and spitefully.

"You ruined the entire thing for us!"

"Us?"

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Soylent Pudding posted:

This might be a troll, but it's funnier if it's real.

quote:

I’ve googled things to find how to talk to my roommates when they’re being unreasonable about food and it’s common for people to get into similar issues when one person believes in sharing and another is selfish.
Desperately want to get an update after the talk with the housing people. It could be hilarious.

eta:

Sodium Chloride posted:

There was another story like this but with a mother invited and I don't know how these people thought this was a good idea.

There's a lot of people out there who 1. depend on other people not rocking the boat (or, they get to rock the boat while other people steady it) and 2. believe that forgiveness is equal to permission.* When the other person gets out of the boat, they start crying and throwing their juice around.

*I'm not sure how to put it but they refuse to ask permission because they don't want someone else telling them what to do, and then when they've done whatever they want they act like everything's normal and regular so that the person withholding forgiveness becomes the problem. Yeah, I'm sort of flashing back to dealing with a person like that.

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 28, 2022

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
"<rear end in a top hat> is refusing to speak to me"

well... good. i really don't see how anyone doesn't just go on their merry way when that happens

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Sodium Chloride posted:

How good is this dude in the sack that she's with a man who insists on taking his friends on getaways that she pays for???

It's clearly not his personality or wealth or willingness to work hard or be a good companion. Is he some kind of cunnilingus and rear end-eating machine? Widebody dick with naturally vibrating clitoral stimulation bump?? Some kind of rare, shameful shared kink?

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for buying my nephew a gift rather than giving his parents the money?

quote:

My (33F) nephew just turned one. My SIL (Hannah, 34) and BIL (Dave, 34) are dual income and doing alright. They're firmly middle class. They own a home and go on a couple vacations a year. They decided to host a big party for their first and only child's first birthday.

A little background - my husband and I are kind of known for getting good birthday gifts for the nieces and nephews. They range in age from 1-13 and we know that the other 2 families struggle more financially than Hannah and Dave (who this post is about). So, we have historically always asked what their child would like and go out of our way to get them something special. I'm not talking big ticket items like an iPad, but like, $150-200 for each gift, each year.

I asked Hannah what her son (William) would like that he doesn't already have at home. She didn't answer my text. Later in the day, she sends a mass email to both sides of the family and friends who are attending William's first birthday. This was the email:

"Hi friends and family,

"We look forward to having you at William's first birthday. Some of you are asking what you can buy for him. What he really needs is a new deck to play on in our backyard. Therefore, we ask that everyone donate funds towards that goal, rather than physical gifts. The deck will cost a total of $10,000 and we anticipate that 35 of you will be attending. Please give as you're able. William will be so excited by this addition to his outdoor space.

Love, Hannah, Dave and William."

So, off the bat, this request sat weird with me. I understand shifting towards experience-based gifts over physical gifts. I see the environmental argument for that and also the human element...but that's not what this was. It was a deck and I'm fairly certain Hannah and Dave can afford this deck without a fundraiser.

Anyway, the part that may make me an AH is that I decided to totally disregard the email and spent $200 on a new train table for William. I had noticed that he fell in love with the one at our house that our boys have. I justified it because he's too young to realize that his parents are cheating him out of gifts, as I see it.

Hannah noticed the large box at the party among a pile of cards filled with money. She asked who brought it and my husband (her brother) said "we did." She said "I specifically sent an email after getting your text. Did you not read it?" Husband told her to take it up with me. Later on she told me she was really frustrated and disappointed in me because she expected we would be contributing the most to the deck, as we have more money than the other family members. I said we wanted to get something just for William. Hannah scowled and told the rest of the family that I was using her son's birthday to grandstand and make them look bad. Rest of the family is split on it. So reddit, AITA?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Sodium Chloride posted:

I think the mother showed up to the airport or something?

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Assuming they have a yard, the kid is going to be happier growing up playing in the yard than on his birthday deck that they're replacing it with.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for buying my nephew a gift rather than giving his parents the money?

"what william really needs for his second birthday is a renovated kitchen and dining room to eat breakfast in, tia and god bless"

Batterypowered7 posted:

I think the mother showed up to the airport or something?

yeah, like OP went to meet her bf/husband at the airport and MIL was standing there with all her luggage, something like that

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

"what william really needs for his second birthday is a renovated kitchen and dining room to eat breakfast in, tia and god bless"

Putting a one year old on a deck seems dangerous. Isn't that just a guaranteed splinter?

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Benagain posted:

I'm going with they are all broke losers who have a mooch club going on.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Benagain posted:

Why drive when a woman is around to be your chauffeur?

Edit: Sentence was weird

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Enzo posted:

How good is this dude in the sack that she's with a man who insists on taking his friends on getaways that she pays for???

apparently not good enough considering she drove away from his rear end and he ran after her