Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i think im close to beating yakuza 0, chapter 16, i cleared out real estate royale, and i'm ready to wrap this story up.

can't wait to play through 7 more games to be ready for 8 and ishin!

im loving hooked

There's also 6.5 coming out, and two other spinoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
beat yakuza 0, on to kiwami

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
getting totally sucked into lost judgement. praise be the main actor's bitch-rear end agent dying so sega allowed it to be on pc immediately lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

getting totally sucked into lost judgement. praise be the main actor's bitch-rear end agent dying so sega allowed it to be on pc immediately lol

Lol. Hopefully it means there'll be more Judgment games with the same actor too

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I got really sucked into flying the drone around last night, Ijincho is way better for poking around in with the drone than Kamurocho.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm just finishing yakuza 5 at the moment, should I do the judgments after 6 and LAD or just kinda gently caress it and play em whenever?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

I'm just finishing yakuza 5 at the moment, should I do the judgments after 6 and LAD or just kinda gently caress it and play em whenever?

The canon chronological order is 6, Judgment, LAD, Lost Judgment. There’s not huge crossover between their plots or anything so it’s probably not a huge deal if you play them out of that order but there’s lots of little nods to prior games and LJ takes place mostly in the new city LAD introduces

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nutmeg posted:

Yeah it's awesome. I think the combat is the best it's been in an RGG game, cancelling between the 3 styles is awesome. Honestly at this point I'm just wishing there was more of it, most fights are over in 15 seconds. It was so hype in chapter 4 or so when I finally got my first huge gauntlet with dozens of enemies to blow through

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the first shimano boss fight in kiwami was a pain in the dick

its not that it was hard but it took for goddamn ever because you do almost no damage and you can't stop his heals.

i'm moving along though. game still owns but gently caress that fight.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
kiwami update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj37oLEWfeo

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Absolutely one of the most infuriating things in the whole series. I can’t even imagine how that ended up in there, did they not play test that part?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the first shimano boss fight in kiwami was a pain in the dick

its not that it was hard but it took for goddamn ever because you do almost no damage and you can't stop his heals.

i'm moving along though. game still owns but gently caress that fight.

Unfortunately the early games have a few bosses like that, building up to 3 where basically every enemy blocks all your attacks. Really annoying but I enjoyed the setting enough for it to get me through

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I bought Judgement and Lost Judgement on PC and I can't wait to jump into this world again. I've been missing this so much.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Unfortunately the early games have a few bosses like that, building up to 3 where basically every enemy blocks all your attacks. Really annoying but I enjoyed the setting enough for it to get me through

my biggest hope for RGG Gaiden is that its set entirely on Okinawa

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i wanna know what all the kids are up to. okinawa kiryu is awesome

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Just want Kiryu's happy ending where he hangs out in the orphanage forever and all the kids are cool.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Do I understand right that pool never appears in dragon engine games and I won't ever have to do this again

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

Do I understand right that pool never appears in dragon engine games and I won't ever have to do this again

Yeah

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I liked pool in 0... :sadwave:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's fine in 0 and Kiwami but absurdly difficult in the 3-5 remasters.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i liked pool in 0 up to a point but some of the puzzles required near pixel perfect accuracy.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

overjoyed to hear that yakuza 6 is gonna be the easiest plat in the series

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Been playing some Judgement over the last few days and it really kinda felt like coming home. Back to Kamurocho.

It took a while for the game to open up properly but when it did I was getting new side-cases while doing side-cases and then surprise side-cases while doing that second side-case.

I live for this poo poo!

Also: You can play Fighting Vipers in the Arcades in this game. I played that a while ago with friends on fightcade. Big recommend.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sudden Javelin posted:

Holy hell

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sudden Javelin posted:

nice

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lol live chat is incredible

guy called "divorced7times" spamming lenny faces

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

IHUNTBEARS is definitely Saejima

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Man the localization is godlike

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol kiryu using his index fingers to type

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Kiwami means extreme.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My sausage has a first name, it’s K-I-R-Y-U

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011