Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They should put Big Zam in, as a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
PVE mode vs mobile armors

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

My wishlist is that they let us pilot the Ball

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Zomborgon posted:

My wishlist is that they let us pilot the Ball

It'd be perfect as a non-hitscan Sniper imo

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Runa posted:

They should put Big Zam in, as a joke

I feel like if they ever do events of some stripe this is the easiest one.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ball is a gimmick hero where you pilot two balls

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm telling y'all, horse Gundam piloted by a horse and whenever you pick it, your voice lines are all horse neighs.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Every fighter from G-Gundam should be in the game but especially Fuunsaiki and Nobel Gundam

I would main Spiegel Gundam 100% if they ever put it in

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Ball is a gimmick hero where you pilot two balls

Meet the GM Juggler.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'll be honest i am down right shocked tallgeese wasn't in the starting lineup

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I think rabid Tallgeese mania is mostly a western fandom thing. The Wing Gundam line seems to be generally more popular in Japan.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Kitfox88 posted:

Still mad they put on pale rider instead of one of the blue destiny gms because the exam activation sound is way cooler

Blue Destiny can have a grapple ability where he yeets one suit at another. A melee suit that uses EXAM

Although the more I think about it, it might make more sense to put in Efreet instead of Blue to avoid confusion with Pale Rider.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Revitalized posted:

Blue Destiny can have a grapple ability where he yeets one suit at another. A melee suit that uses EXAM

Although the more I think about it, it might make more sense to put in Efreet instead of Blue to avoid confusion with Pale Rider.

Honestly I already often get GM and Gundam or Pale Rider and GM sniper or the Zakus mixed up. Hopefully they avoid adding more profile similarities.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I don't know the universe incredibly well, are there any mobile suits that, like, drastically gently caress with scale? Obviously the Sazabi is beefier than the Pale Rider but I don't feel like there's really a significant difference in scale.

Toss Devil Gundam's final form in there is what I'm saying. Or, didn't the Ein Graze tower over Barbatos?

I suppose enough of the maps have small enclosed hallways that its probably not feasible.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Boxman posted:

I don't know the universe incredibly well, are there any mobile suits that, like, drastically gently caress with scale? Obviously the Sazabi is beefier than the Pale Rider but I don't feel like there's really a significant difference in scale.

Toss Devil Gundam's final form in there is what I'm saying. Or, didn't the Ein Graze tower over Barbatos?

I suppose enough of the maps have small enclosed hallways that its probably not feasible.

Nightingale, Penelope, or Xi are probably the biggest mobile suits that would still somewhat fit in the scale of a map, though they would not be able to fit through any doors. Psycho Gundam and Destroy Gundam could also maybe be counted as mobile suits, but the boundary between mobile suit and mobile armor is a bit fuzzy.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Boxman posted:

The Sazabi and the Unicorn are both absolutely massive compared to most of the other suits in-game already and are probably the top end of unit size we're going to get. The Sazabi is like 30% taller than the OG Gundam by specs.

OG Gundam - 18 meters
Unicorn(Destroy Mode, which is what it is in-game) - 22 meters
Sazabi - Head height 23 meters, overall height counting horn/funnel backpack 25.6 meters

The real scale fuckery will be if they add stuff from F91, Crossbone, or Victory - the in-setting lore says that after a point, they realized that guns had gotten so powerful that the only defense was not getting hit, so stuff from those settings tend to be 15 meters or even shorter. The F91 being added would be like Oddjob from Goldeneye.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Going the other way the f91 is kinda small for a giant robot. And of course there's the wad.

Kanos posted:

I think rabid Tallgeese mania is mostly a western fandom thing. The Wing Gundam line seems to be generally more popular in Japan.

Sure but isn't that also true for, like, pc gaming? And the game got a PC release first - wouldn't that indicate they're targeting a western audience?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

PC gaming is relatively popular in Japan now. There's a reason why tons of traditionally console only Japanese series now get day one PC releases and traditionally western PC games get Japanese localizations. It's not like the early 00s.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I guess that explains why there's 0 wing representation in the game then

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I 100% do not believe they're picking suits based on popularity, or we wouldn't have stuff like the Dom Trooper(a suit most people forget exists or is from SEED), the Mahiroo(one of the most "literally who" grunts in the franchise), the Marasai(specifically the Unicorn one), or the Dozle Zaku(a design that previously existed only in obscure MSVs and Gihren's Greed).

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

By the way, thanks to the thread for pointing out that the proper use of the Marasai axe is to use it to yeet yourself over terrain to get a hilarious flank. I was trying to hit enemies with it, then I'd dash into their frontline and explode. This was way funnier.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
The Asshimar was technically mass-produced, but only in small numbers. They also changed it's scale because the fucker was huge in Z Gundam.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Big rear end himar

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boxman posted:

the gundam versus games stick a bit closer to scale and heres the f91 next to a zaku (its a SEED zaku hence the slightly different design)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in general most of the AUs stay around roughly the same scale as each other (i believe the g gundam suits are noticeably smaller than the other suits, presumably because that series was less about scale and more about martial arts), but the UC universe is defined by a weapons race where suits get progressively huger and more armor-laden until they hit a breaking point around Victory where suits are so powerful that you die in one hit no matter how much armor you pile on, so mobile suit development just becomes about how small and nimble you can make something while still making it capable of weapons output, hence the smaller suits seen in F91 and Crossbone.

Presumably this game futzes with scale so that bigger suits like the Sazabi and Turn-A aren't even easier sniping targets. (Heck, the Sazabi is so wide that you can still get pretty easy bodyshots on it)

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 28, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think the most egregious scale fuckery would be "playable neo zeong" (asterisk for the devil gundam which got stupid huge but for the purposes of a game doesn't have to be)

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

if huge devil gundam was gonna be in the game i think it would work best as a stage rather than as a boss or playable character

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Let's not forget our giant friend the Wodom

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I want there to be a crossover with Hasbro's Transformers and have the Dinobots be the guest suits.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ninjewtsu posted:

if huge devil gundam was gonna be in the game i think it would work best as a stage rather than as a boss or playable character

It'd be fun if they took some ideas from other online gundam games and added an asymmetrical PVP mode where one team controlled a big mobile armour like the psycho gundam, and the other team had to shoot it down.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Add Strike Freedom and just give it the cowboy's ult.

Add astray red frame and the ult gives you the 150m gerbera straight

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Gimme the Grand Gundam from G, giant chonky artillery cluster, and the Mercurius from Wing - infinite shield projections

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The 00 suits are absolutely tiny too, just comically small compared to even a zaku.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gimme the chunky Virtue and its ult is a Nadleeh install

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ninjewtsu posted:

i think the most egregious scale fuckery would be "playable neo zeong" (asterisk for the devil gundam which got stupid huge but for the purposes of a game doesn't have to be)

While no Neo Zeong, I would love a playable Zeong.

Edit: Wonder how the Zeong would work with the cable connected remote controlled laser hands.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 29, 2022

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

While no Neo Zeong, I would love a playable Zeong.

Edit: Wonder how the Zeong would work with the cable connected remote controlled laser hands.

Probably just similar to Sazabi's ult or the Unicorn's shield blast depending on whether they wanted to make it an ult or ability. Weird thought on that one: maybe instead of a big room clearing ult, its ult could eject the head as a laser shooting flyer letting you survive death for a bit (and potentially get your body back if you're good enough to not get shot down instantly) after the fact.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

GodFish posted:

The 00 suits are absolutely tiny too, just comically small compared to even a zaku.

The Exia is about the same head height as the original Gundam.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Boxman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmu0mICIeQ8

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

God drat, I hate how weeklies and dailies are tied to specific suits instead of just being generic objectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kanos posted:

God drat, I hate how weeklies and dailies are tied to specific suits instead of just being generic objectives.

I love having to heal with Guntank, Sazabi or GM Sniper. There was not a fourth.