Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

i actually had no idea feige was pronounced that way lol

Yeah I think I first heard it in that MCU trivia video Iman Vellani did. I always figured it was Feeg or Feej.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Starting to feel by the time Blade gets sorted out, Ali's gonna be close to drawing his pension. Been years already and still zip to show for it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Sentinel Red posted:

Starting to feel by the time Blade gets sorted out, Ali's gonna be close to drawing his pension. Been years already and still zip to show for it.

Hey he had that one off-screen line at the end of Eternals!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I've been saying it like Kevin Phage

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Jamesman posted:

Hey he had that one off-screen line at the end of Eternals!

"Mr Whitman, I'm here to talk to you about the Sword Bros Initiative."

[The Sword Bros died on their way to the pub]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like Blade being older had to be factored in from the start. Like maybe he’s gonna be the veteran of this world who introduces these new heroes to it like what the Eternals thing implied. Ans that could be why the movie script wasn’t action heavy? And it’s modern Hollywood so between top notch training and effects I guess you can still be a bad rear end at 50. But still. There’s definitely gotta be a short self life for Blade and the delays don’t extend it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lunatic Sledge posted:

same

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Blades gunna be bad

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why is it so hard to make 'vampire man kills vampires in cool ways'

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

We have 2 1/2 movies showing it’s actually pretty easy.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

you could honestly re-release the first Blade with an added wide shot of Spider-Man swinging by and call it a day. basically a perfect movie.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ImpAtom posted:

I guess some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vandar posted:

I guess some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

:hmmyes:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We have 2 1/2 movies showing it’s actually pretty easy.

Ah ah ah...

2 1/2 movies AND a TV series.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I've been saying it as Kevin Ferengi.

Rule of Hollywood Acquisition # 616. Movies are profitable, but Cinematic Universes are extremely profitable.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1575181055698550789?s=20&t=KO4rVBz9Rj2ZBgUWkCJOKA

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I say Kevin Fey what is the correct pronunciation

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Figh (like "high")-gi

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Huge Jackedman

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Hugh Jackman’s Huge Actin’

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ImpAtom posted:

Because some motherfuckers always tryin' to ice skate uphill

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

Because some motherfuckers always tryin' to ice skate uphill

And it costs money. We ain't exactly the March of Dimes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MacheteZombie posted:

Blades gunna be bad

To be fair the marvel movies have been getting worse

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eh... The first few years has Iron Man 2, Thor 1 and 2, Hulk, the second half of First Avenger, and Age of Ultron.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah they started off ok then good then great then a sharp drop off back to good then ok.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean if you include TV stuff Marvel's output per year is loving insane. They seem to be getting at least something that appeals to everyone with one of their shotgun shell barrages.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Appeal does not equal quality

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Appeal does not equal quality

I wasn't saying it was. I was saying that they are putting out so much poo poo that it barely matters if any of it is good as long as some of it comes close enough

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Black Widow and Eternals have been the only post Endgame stuff that wasn't great, and even then they're just pretty good. I'll take either over Dark World

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Opopanax posted:

Black Widow and Eternals have been the only post Endgame stuff that wasn't great, and even then they're just pretty good. I'll take either over Dark World
Yes and those both have some redeeming qualities

Like David Harbour and Florence Pugh are both great in BW, and I thought a few of the side characters in Eternals were decent

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opopanax posted:

I admit that I am kind of checked out so I can't really judge. I think COVID kinda killed my remaining interest because the fun of the movies was seeing them with friends and now nobody really wants to go to the theater.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

apparently during signing Bassam Tariq refused to open his eyes

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

I admit that I am kind of checked out so I can't really judge. I think COVID kinda killed my remaining interest because the fun of the movies was seeing them with friends and now nobody really wants to go to the theater.

This is part of what made Black Widow feel a bit lacklustre. Seeing it at home doesn't have the same impact as in the theatre.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm the one person who really liked Eternals and also thought Love and Thunder was great and also apparently remembers that last year gave us the best MCU Spider-Man film of all but, sure, idk, the bubble's gotta burst any day now definitely.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

BrianWilly posted:

I'm the one person who really liked Eternals and also thought Love and Thunder was great and also apparently remembers that last year gave us the best MCU Spider-Man film of all but, sure, idk, the bubble's gotta burst any day now definitely.

Stop liking things other people don’t like!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Love and Thunder was a little disappointing, but Dr. Strange and Spider-Man were both really good and yeah, No Way Home is the best MCU Spidey movie and I feel second only to Spider-Verse in terms of Spider-Man movies.

I think Wakanda Forever is also going to be amazing based on what we've seen and heard of it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

apparently during signing Bassam Tariq refused to open his eyes

he just didn’t

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Id say NWH is the fourth best Spider-Man after first two Raimi's and Spider-Verse but yes definitely a big step up over first two MCU entries.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still like Eternals, I just don't think it's a top tier movie or anything

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Most of Marvel's post-Endgame output has been good-to-great IMO. The only one that kind of disappointed me was Multiverse of Madness and even that was only because I had seen Everything Everywhere All At Once two weeks beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Ok, maybe Multiverse of Madness "has a plot held together with duct tape and prayers" and "doesn't live up to its title" and "Dr. Strange is a boring protagonist" and "is the worst recent multiverse movie" but Strange possessing his own alternate universe corpse then weaving a cloud of ghosts into a cape to fly around is such a bonkers rad idea I give it an extra star rating just for that. You can really feel Sam Raimi's hand in, like, 60% of scenes and that was enough for me to have a good time.

Omnomnomnivore fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 29, 2022