Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

I briefly used THRILLHO Thrillsteel on the last character I leveled but switched back to Goldrim during the campaign because that + 45% all res String of Servitude meant not having to worry about resistances until the actual game (maps) started.

pro-tip: unless you're playing hardcore you don't need resists until maps because there's no portal limit, and onslaught saves you way more time than not dying a couple times will :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

135% all res???

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

500 good dogs posted:

135% all res???

I need it, always

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Truga posted:

pro-tip: unless you're playing hardcore you don't need resists until maps because there's no portal limit, and onslaught saves you way more time than not dying a couple times will :v:

This. Double quicksilver + onslaught hat forever.

If I was rich enough for a mageblood I'd just pay someone to do the acts for me.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
usually on my first character i'll bother with finding resists/life and stuff during the campaign because i'll need that poo poo when i hit maps anyway, but 2nd+ characters i just power through and if i die 5 times to kitava it's literally just "respawn at checkpoint" and clicking on the door lol, you lose like 3 seconds

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Vasudus posted:

Now that the onslaught hat exists I will never use goldrim again.

I bet you never even dual-wielded The Gryphon before they deleted it from the game. Shameful leveler.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I wonder if you can make a no res build thats just tons of life or something equally stupid.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

the only defenses you really need for the story are enough armor/life to not get one-shot by kitava throwing garbage at you (or enough dps to phase him before he has a chance to use the garbage throwing attack), and enough fire res not to instantly die to a5 innonence beam attack and a6 tukohama scorching ray

everything else is telegraphed enough that you can portal away, bait it, or just tank it with instant life flasks

if you have a sufficiently cheese build (minions) you can clear most of white maps with negative fire res (just put purity of elements on for ignite immunity)

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

While faith in GGG is shaken lately, I wouldn't go placing it into blizzard of all companies to make a none-predatory none-poo poo game with reasonable update schedules these days.

Yeah, this. Controversial changes aside, GGG still puts out a ton of new stuff every league, while Diablo 3 adds practically nothing while having an entry fee as well.

And just look at Diablo Immortal. It wasn't supposed to have buyable gear either. Whoops! Zero faith in modern Blizzard, I think all the decent devs have fled it's shambling corpse long ago.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Sylink posted:

I wonder if you can make a no res build thats just tons of life or something equally stupid.

This build mechanic is long since dead, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYLhE5zYSxo

tl;dr: perma-uptime Gluttony of Elements + Veil of the Night + phys taken as elemental + CI = complete immunity

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 28, 2022

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

500 good dogs posted:

135% all res???

Yoooooooo

J
Jun 10, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

oh i talked to the guy who originally made it and he was only using wise oak because he lucked into having res balanced. just use a topaz flask, it's a much bigger defensive boost though you lose out on a couple % of damage. he also uses brine king + abberaths for the burning ground immunity and the life flask pantheon for bossing.

So I did a couple of dumb things I usually do when I'm putting together a new build I'm not familiar with. I did the "I'll anoint my amulet later if I like the build" thing, and then I did the "I'll balance my res later for wise oak if I like the build enough to buy expensive gear" thing, then promptly forgot about the anoint and the possibility of just loving using a topaz flask. Shameful amateur hour on my part. Also refined my shield search a bit and picked up a better sheld, so between those changes I went from 76 to 80 max lightning res + a topaz flask. Yeah uh that helped a lot.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Just did my first map and holy poo poo I did not know the Atlas Skill Tree existed

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

goferchan posted:

Just did my first map and holy poo poo I did not know the Atlas Skill Tree existed

Peak poe post

J
Jun 10, 2001

goferchan posted:

:getin:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

How adorable :allears:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

goferchan posted:

welcome

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

What a mad man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmDQwLuVXE8

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Your character has a skill tree

The atlas has a skill tree

What's next? My guess is for your Skill gems to have skill trees

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Where is my giant Demon Cleave... Those twitch revenue splits must be hitting hard.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Devor posted:

Your character has a skill tree

The atlas has a skill tree

Boy I can't wait to tell you about Last Epoch

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Where is the mtx skill tree? Priorities

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

marshalljim posted:

Where is the mtx skill tree? Priorities

Mtx skill tree, or skill tree mtx?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

We already have skill tree MTX (if you're :homebrew:).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Devor posted:

Flask skill trees

Waypoint skill trees

Map device skill tree

....heist skill tree....lab skill tree.....

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

xZAOx posted:

Flask skill trees

Waypoint skill trees

Map device skill tree

I'm so hype for POE2

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the streams for this have been great, cleave looks super fun right now

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

That actually doesn't look terrible as a base for melee clear at all even knowing Mathil has invested into area%. Still poo poo because it's non LS melee, but that's the way it goes.

Is it yet another thing Reddit was dumb to meltdown about?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Deki posted:

That actually doesn't look terrible as a base for melee clear at all even knowing Mathil has invested into area%. Still poo poo because it's non LS melee, but that's the way it goes.

cleave is the most powerful melee ability in PoE: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Jodox/JodoxChangesAscendancy?i=0&search=skill%3DCleave%26sort%3Ddps

but yes it seems like cleave is very playable and fine this league, just not Uber viable

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I unironically enjoyed playing cleave a few leagues ago

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

xZAOx posted:

Flask skill trees

Waypoint skill trees

Map device skill tree

Bandit skill trees

nerox
May 20, 2001

xZAOx posted:

Flask skill trees

Waypoint skill trees

Map device skill tree

Flask skill trees that let you choose flask mods would own.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

nerox posted:

Flask skill trees that let you choose flask mods would own.

I went half this league forgetting that I can choose specific trigger mods for flasks on the crafting bench and I was just spamming Instilling Orbs to hit what I needed. But apparently there's other people who don't know either because I proceeded to flip 1c Coruscating flaks for 50c each by getting them to 20% and crafting the right auto-use triggers on them.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Rolling flasks is unironically a very strong low investment in hideout currency making method. You can easily do it with little or no investment if you pick up a few decent flask bases when they drop from the explosions as you map. The hard bit is learning which mod combos are money, but a good trade macro makes checking that pretty easy. I have granite, jade, quartz, and quicksilver set to show at all levels and all fractured flasks. If my inventory is empty enough I'll alt when I see a flask mob died and grab some others. I should probably add divine life flasks. I've sold one flask for a divine, maybe ten for 100c+, and loving loads in the 15-50c range. I generally spend the time to roll some flasks up whenever I've set all my gumball prices public - I'm gonna be stuck in hideout for a while anyway making all the liquidation sales, and it's a great side hustle that fills the gaps between trades.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have bought a flask for 50c because lmao clicking my own buttons

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
In my personal experience, crit suffix sells the best.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Armor on granite and evasion on jade also sell really well (tip if you're buying both - get evasion on granite and armor on jade for a major discount). And movespeed on quicksilver.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Deki posted:

Actually, early on in his Cleave run Mathil pointed out a whole new way that Cleave getting the +2 radius buff was ridiculous: namely that a few patches back, its Threshold Jewel got deleted.
Said jewel gave, uh, lessee here

Overwhelming Odds posted:

(10-15)% increased Global Physical Damage
With at least 40 Strength in Radius, Hits with Cleave Fortify
With at least 40 Strength in Radius, Cleave has +1 to Radius per Nearby
Enemy, up to +10
The same patch also increased Cleave's maximum-level radius from +6 to +8.
....so the net changes to Cleave AoE from February 2022 as of the present day is actually -6 radius.

Or +4, depending on whatever the hell 'nearby' meant.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 29, 2022

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Drakyn posted:

Actually, early on in his Cleave run Mathil pointed out a whole new way that Cleave getting the +2 radius buff was ridiculous: namely that a few patches back, its Threshold Jewel got deleted.
Said jewel gave, uh, lessee here

The same patch also increased Cleave's maximum-level radius from +6 to +8.
....so the net changes to Cleave AoE from February 2022 as of the present day is actually -6 radius.

Or +4, depending on whatever the hell 'nearby' meant.

Someone's not accounting for the massive +2 bonus from putting in a warlord's reach into that newly freed up socket :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

It's crazy. And now I'm getting to the Maven and Exarch stuff, just blown away with how many mechanics they're throwing at me lol