Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Is it just me or is the abyss significantly more difficult the last couple of patches. I'm really struggling to clear floor 10 and with all stars and had been doing it for a while before 3.0. This one is by far the most irritating and lovely with all the bubbles, lovely tanky enemies, and stuff inhibiting my movement. I'm thinking maybe just to take a pass and re-evaluate next rotation.

Maybe part of the problem is that a lot of the gimmicks are built around Dendro which I don't really have much of yet. Also the eremite enemies are really loving irritating with their movement and staggering which caused problems last time with the defense stage of Floor 11. It's them and the lovely bubbles that make floor 10-3 just plain annoying.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kill the guys with the auras first

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Game threw Ganyu at me last banner at 20something pity while I was trying to get Dori, and I decided to do three rolls this patch because I was close to 4-Star pity. Bam, Cyno at 29/90. I can't even really complain because I got Candace too, but if I end up having to scrape together 30 extra rolls for Nahida now I guess it serves me right.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

So Cyno is an electro DPS for aggravate reactions which can crit so you'll build him with crit in mind.

I have Beidou/Keqing/Fischl/Raiden all built around electro DPS with crit rate even though electro reactions couldn't crit until recently. Sounds like I don't particularly need Cyno for aggravate because I have 4 characters built with the same relevant stats in mind.

I have 30k primos banked for Nahida so I could grab either Cyno or Nilou depending on who is fun to use.

You're right that you don't need Cyno for aggravate as you can have keqing serve the same role (with a very diferent feel). The 3.3 banner is almost as highly anticipated as 3.2 so you may want to just skip both Cyno/Nilou if you're not super interested in either.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Having gone F2P during the Inazuma Slump, I have just been saving and saving my paltry gems for the next Archon. I even skipped Kazuha. Soon, my patience and faith will be rewarded. Gonna burn the whole pile to try to get her C2. That's the good stuff.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I whaled for C0 Raiden, so I'll probably whale for C0 Nahida

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Cyno 70/70, 75 cr 198 CD, 100 em, with basic 90/90 red sands, 4 piece tf. Test fight on inazuma with dendro mc, zhongli, and fischl. If the guy didn't dash out of the dendro circle immediately the fight would have ended in one cyno burst cycle. He doesn't make the biggest numbers but he hits a lot very quickly. Which feels a bit at odds with his reaction liking kit. Hoping to find an em sand to try that over an attack sand at some point. But he's fun

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'm not quite getting how Nahida's team/rotation works. It sounds like you need a hydro to generate cores, or else you won't get the tri karma pulses every 2 sec? Would you still get off field dendro application without the cores?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm getting annoyed by these stupid sand piles that just have a mushroom in them. Is it even worth uncovering these?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Space Opera posted:

I'm not quite getting how Nahida's team/rotation works. It sounds like you need a hydro to generate cores, or else you won't get the tri karma pulses every 2 sec? Would you still get off field dendro application without the cores?

The pulses trigger whenever you cause any reaction on the marked targets. In addition to that, they also trigger if the marked targets are hit by hydro core stuff, even if you triggered the bloom reaction from a different target. So yeah you can use any dendro team you want.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Based on the wording, it should even work with non-Dendro reactions

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

That's excellent, thank you!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Mix. posted:

https://streamable.com/pf2kwk

Layla gameplay (though it doesnt show the star attacks since no enemies)

Great aesthetic going on here. Curious to see it all in action.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Nahida C2 phrasing is also weird on the translated document. The aggravate effect is sooooooooo much stronger than the bloom effect that I'm expecting that the real phrasing might be after quicken, only aggravate and spread damage has the def reduction (still ultra powerful with the appropriate characters like Tighnari and KeqCynoFish, not quite as stupid).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The reason why I think the wording is wonky is because there is no reason why it wouldn't double dip with hyperbloom too. Difficult because of how reactions work, but not entirely impossible to game.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Doing the first quest in Sumeru's act three, and man the Traveler knows how to hold a grudge. I like that that's a consistent part of their character when the opportunity presents itself.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The reason why I think the wording is wonky is because there is no reason why it wouldn't double dip with hyperbloom too. Difficult because of how reactions work, but not entirely impossible to game.

The wording is like that because there are a couple of reactions that only work on cores (burgeon and hyperbloom) and without that extra clause these reactions would not interact with her skill at all. IE: Those reactions do not happen "on the enemy," so they do not count as "triggering a reaction on the enemy."

I think.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 29, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Justin_Brett posted:

Doing the first quest in Sumeru's act three, and man the Traveler knows how to hold a grudge. I like that that's a consistent part of their character when the opportunity presents itself.

I kinda feel the opposite about that behavior. It felt very uncharacteristic when it popped up in Inazuma, just like when they suddenly decided to be selfish and have no interest in helping others for the 2 minutes or so they refused to help people back there.
It would be interesting if they actually gave the silent protagonist increasing anger issues and added that grudge holding as consistent characterization. They could make it clear both siblings sort of transform from cheerful to spiteful after some time exploring the world.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Coolness Averted posted:

I kinda feel the opposite about that behavior. It felt very uncharacteristic when it popped up in Inazuma, just like when they suddenly decided to be selfish and have no interest in helping others for the 2 minutes or so they refused to help people back there.
It would be interesting if they actually gave the silent protagonist increasing anger issues and added that grudge holding as consistent characterization. They could make it clear both siblings sort of transform from cheerful to spiteful after some time exploring the world.

I mean, it was established in the intro cutscene and the end of the first Dainslef story part that the Traveler is fully willing let Teyvat burn just to be with their sibling, so it makes sense the journey is partially about letting go of their selfishness and learning to care about the people of Teyvat. At the beginning we are pretty much just a mercenary who only helps out as a means to get information on our goal, or to not be screwed over by the corrupt cops or whatever.

In other news, wow do I hate this researcher prick in the big world quest. Every sentence out of his mouth makes me wanna punch him in the face. Especially coming off the Archon quests.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

All this story talk just makes me wish they gave the Traveler actual dialogue, more than like one voiced line per major version update. It seems like they have a characterization in mind for the character and the dialogue choices never actually matter so I don't know why they have to stay silent. It's not like they're skimpy with their voice acting budget overall.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It was funny to me when the Traveler had to possess other people and pretend to be them to convince someone that she was on the wrong side, and apparently the Traveler is an amazing actor. I spent the whole time imagining them saying all that themselves.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I fought the Aeonblight drake last night just to see how it was, and I forgot to switch to a team with an archer because I was tired. I assumed it was going to be some kind of scaled up ruin drake. It took a long time. I didn't know I could have just used the Harpastum toy to hit its weak spots. Now I do thanks to this Moosashi video. Not much to spoil here, it's a boss version of drakes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CcRKLXXQjk

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nahidas field passive lets her loot plants by taking a picture of them with her E. Incredible powercreep

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

The Sumeru desert is super cool to explore and I’m floored by the amount of content just a couple weeks after the 3.0 massive expansion.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Nahidas field passive lets her loot plants by taking a picture of them with her E. Incredible powercreep

Radish stays winning.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dik Hz posted:

The Sumeru desert is super cool to explore and I’m floored by the amount of content just a couple weeks after the 3.0 massive expansion.

aaaand today starts a limited-time event for even more quests

it's a good time to be playing Genshin

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Dik Hz posted:

It's completely nuts. You all see how much I post here and I still have so, so much 3.0 content left to do.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

aaaand today starts a limited-time event for even more quests

it's a good time to be playing Genshin

So, uh, what is the point of the "kill a bunch of enemy camps" challenge in this one? Advertise Venti's/Good Anemo Users' vacuum to new players? Desperately try to convince old players anemo is still relevant in a post-dendro Genshin? Just straight nostalgia pandering for Launch Genshin?

At least the combat stuff in 3.0's events showed off the new enemy types and previewed future mechanics, presumably.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ameno is still very relevant, mostly because Venti/Kazuha/Sucrose are still busted.

And Kazuha didn't get left behind by dendro, he actually became a good applicator.

Geo is absolutely the element left behind.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah anemo is great in a lot of dendro teams, what

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

anemo owns

anemowns

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Putting content venti is good at while venti is rate up... for what purpose?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

As someone who’s played very, very causally since early 2021, I wouldn’t mind them slowing down on content really lol. It’d be nice to actually be caught up for once! I find it hard to spend all my resin, do events, explore much at all all while pushing forward with story stuff. It’s a lot.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Oh yeah for 3.1 we might want a new thread title but Im too dead to be funny, post ideas or the bot will do it again!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I still haven't done act 2 of the 3.0 story between exploring, building characters, and playing other games

I will never catch up lol

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Genshin Impact 3.1: Aranakin is threadbanned

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Aranakin: I like sand. It's sparkly, and rad and deforms under your feet.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Xun posted:

Oh yeah for 3.1 we might want a new thread title but Im too dead to be funny, post ideas or the bot will do it again!

Genshin Impact 3.1: Send Dunes

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Genshin Impact 3.1: I Solved the Millenium Puzzle And All I Got Was This Lousy Anubis Hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nahida's base passive can harvest local specialties that grow on walls :toot: