Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

DrChu posted:

This thing showed up when I checked FB Marketplace earlier today.
https://axeeze.com/

Instead of buying a better strap why don't you slide this thing onto your guitar, making the upper horn look like it has an infection.

How effective is this?

Constantly needs to be readjusted while playing, how convenient.

Sure it doesn’t feel the same while you’re playing, but this is the only way to prevent unwanted Les Paul Jrs or flying-VDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Cursed snipe.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

former glory posted:

I came here to excitedly post finnerty's ridiculous new developments.

Justin Hawkins just reviewed AiF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNN3V3PVDs

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Hawkins remains a charmingly thoughtful voice in the industry. The Darkness get a lot of flak for being a “gimmicky” band, but there’s a lot of thought and care put into their music and he’s written some very clever and some very stupid songs.

I wonder what he’d have got up to if their first record didn’t exceed expectations by a thousand million.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The Darkness are the good version of Steel Panther (evil) and the contrast between them demonstrates well the distinction between "camp" and "being a joke".

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

poo poo, I had happily forgotten about Steel Panther.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Oh great. EhX announced a Big Muff with presets and a built-in audio interface.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

polynominal-c posted:

Oh great. EhX announced a Big Muff with presets and a built-in audio interface.

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/electro-harmonix-big-muff-pi-hardware-plugin/

$330
You can get a 2 channel focusrite and a og Big Muff for way less. I don't understand.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Yeah I would never buy this unless I needed presets on my big muff (? mark it with a bit of duct tape?)

Its stereo I guess (? Buy two big muffs?)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

massive spider posted:

Yeah I would never buy this unless I needed presets on my big muff (? mark it with a bit of duct tape?)

Its stereo I guess (? Buy two big muffs?)

Really glad I've been waiting 18 months for them to build enough mel9s that my hosed one can be warranty replaced so they could make the least needed product in existence instead.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Not sure if the AxEeze above isn't maybe more useless.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Pat Finnerty should do a GoFundMe for one of these too. It fits. It's cooler than the Train squire too.

https://www.gearnews.com/gibson-rick-beato-les-paul-special-double-cut/

Beato

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Pat finnerty should get a signature squire affinity strat, but make it the same colour

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Today I learned Keefer Sutherland also has a signature Gibson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8YxN3AswE
:drac:

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

A gold top 335 is pretty cool imo.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Today's lmao:

https://www.madscientist-audio.com/bmusb.html

A $500 USB cable.

Of the insanity that makes up the sales pitch this was my favourite:

Snake oil salesmen posted:

One of the things that surprised me about this cable was the improved lyric intelligibility - I was hearing words on songs I'd known for years, even decades. Words I'd previously mis-heard, or incompletely heard. Also there was an ease about it, so no effort was needed, no straining to hear. Just like when somebody speaks to you in the same room.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

So it improves the acoustics of zeros and ones. drat. Now I want one.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Obviously it allows a greater quantity of larger, easier-to-hear ones and zeros through.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Kingo Ligma posted:

Today's lmao:

https://www.madscientist-audio.com/bmusb.html

A $500 USB cable.

Of the insanity that makes up the sales pitch this was my favourite:

As a New Zealander, this disgusts me.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

polynominal-c posted:

So it improves the acoustics of zeros and ones. drat. Now I want one.

Zeros, ones, and everything in between that regular cables lose.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

That is classic audiophile poo poo, and the rabbit hole goes even deeper. I crossposted it to the audiophile thread

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

laughing at audiophiles is one of the finest pleasures in life

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

I saw a documentary about audiophiles once. There was a swedish guy who was going to bulldoze his childhood home, where he lived. So he could build another one with better acoustics on the same lot.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Pondex posted:

I saw a documentary about audiophiles once. There was a swedish guy who was going to bulldoze his childhood home, where he lived. So he could build another one with better acoustics on the same lot.

I'll never get over a documentary I saw about a handful of Japanese audiophiles. This one idiot spent $100,000 on a single pair of speakers, only to put them in his cheap 150 square foot studio apartment room. And the speakers were opposite his (reflective as hell) kitchen wall, and his couch was about a foot from his old refrigerator with a noisy compressor.

Another dude paid the city he lived in to install an entire powerline and transformer next to his house to isolate his audio equipment from outside "noisey" electricity, when he could have just bought like a $300 isolation transformer the size of a shoebox and put it in his audio room and it would have accomplished literally the exact same level of noise filtering. Of course that was a moot point because the dude was like 80 years old so he likely couldn't even hear the noise anyway, and his music room was a wooden and tile cube. Zero acoustic treatment. He might as well have been listening to his stereo in the bathroom.

These people are like the definition of people who see hoof prints and always, ALWAYS think zebras, not horses. But it's even worse here because 99% of the time there are no hoof prints at all, they've just convinced themselves there are.

I know you guys already know all this but goddamn it's so fun to talk about these people.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 22, 2022

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
The GenX irony head in me is screaming and thrashing begging to cut the sleeves off

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

They're on tour and a poster for an upcoming show is hanging in a coffee shop I frequent. It seemed sad to be stuck in that stripe schtick of theirs.

Stryper was my first real rock and roll show but I was their to see their opener, White Lion. We left after we didn’t get one of the Bible’s they threw out in the audience.

They made a huge mistake by blatantly selling out, trying to find mainstream success with Bob Rock, burning their old fans, not winning new fans. They seemed to never have recovered from that blunder but that type act seems limited in time and reach anyway.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So, it's happened.

Someone's made a video that's 100% shill piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0FEbau2hXU

I hate how much I like it.

edit: (he explains in the description that the money from this will fund future projects. his comedy stuff generally hits with me, so this is actually not really that stupid)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

All music that's sold is like, a shill piece if you think about it maaaaan.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

sigher posted:

All music that's sold is like, a shill piece if you think about it maaaaan.

It made me sick when I realized this.

https://twitter.com/oldfriend99/status/1199349016103809024

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Those fuckers!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Still thinking about the young Quarrymen, devising their get-rich-quick scheme of "just write catchy pop melodies with stronger foundational underpinnings to stand out from the Merseybeat pack -- it's free money, mate!"

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

I wish I'd thought of just writing some of the best music ever composed to get rich, seems like a no brainer

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
The other chestnut I've heard is they made them so catchy just so they themselves could remember them for performances.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
PRS is getting into the pedal game and they have picked some really bad names for their first pedals:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lol horsemeat

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Shoulda called it Pence.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

is that supposed to be soundwaves or woodgrain?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Paul Reed Smith sang the praises the praises of the Crowther Hot Cake. Wonder if the overdrive is based on that?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Automatic Slim posted:

Paul Reed Smith sang the praises the praises of the Crowther Hot Cake. Wonder if the overdrive is based on that?
I assume based on the name that it's a Klon, but a Hot Cake would be interesting, since you don't really see clones of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Hot Son Distortion