Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah it’s incredible isn’t it .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
doctor said he had a backiotomy

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

does anyone know how strict NBA League Pass is around using a VPN to watch local games? I'd like to watch more Timberwolves games and I'm sick of hunting for streams and am definitely not paying for Fox Sports North.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

am i gonna get banned if i tell you where i stream poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Soap Scum posted:

1 site has them all, that's how I watched all the playoff games.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have a stream site but the streams are v unreliable and I keep having to walk downstairs from my TV to my computer to reset them so I would appreciate a new rec

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I use a cheapo iptv service, $6/month

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

IPTV would be a better sell in general if they didn't insist on enforcing outdated rules like "we carry all the sports games but will only allow you to watch your local ones for some reason unless you pay a billion dollars a month for EVERY GAME IN EXISTENCE" and "you can only use this free site if you provide a cable login proving you are paying someone completely unrelated a bunch of money for something else"

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

rip hehe man

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

free hehe man

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

sportsurge dot io is pretty big stream aggregator, they're of varying quality but generally i find something tolerable and mostly reliable minus the occasional refresh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I used to just pay for YTTV but then I moved and it would be a ridiculous amount of money per month without addressing my main live-TV requirement (my chosen sports teams) so now I'm only paying for like fifteen streaming services instead

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Soap Scum posted:

eh that poo poo isn't hard to find, but for the record no this is not a trap. ive been doing uh ... "free" streams and I'm more looking for something actually official. I'm willing to pay for not having to hunt for them and have them crap out at bad times.

the real problem is that Fox Sports North isn't widely carried and the cheapest deal i can find is Sling which requires their sports addon and would be $50/month, which is like double the League Pass cost, hence why I'm asking

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Azathoth posted:

eh that poo poo isn't hard to find, but for the record no this is not a trap. ive been doing uh ... "free" streams and I'm more looking for something actually official. I'm willing to pay for not having to hunt for them and have them crap out at bad times.

the real problem is that Fox Sports North isn't widely carried and the cheapest deal i can find is Sling which requires their sports addon and would be $50/month, which is like double the League Pass cost, hence why I'm asking

oh okay ignore my post then haha. i unfortunately know nothing along these lines :') gl

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
don't listen to him this is entrapment

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
az if you're a cop you have to tell me, that's the rules, you have to say if you're a cop, it's the law

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

google loose change OP :tinfoil:

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
there’s no paid service that’s gonna be better overall than scor nbabite

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I am not sure if yall haven't try in a while, but Iptv services is almost a perfect cable substitute now, some even offer VOD. The only thing is tnt feeds will lag during popular game, but you can find the local channel, or eu channel showing games and its better.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I use the nbastreams reddit website.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I appreciate the responses everyone :)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

skipmyseashells posted:

there’s no paid service that’s gonna be better overall than scor nbabite

hehe was

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
hehe streams was a loving idiot trying to extort the MLB, he coulda got way further on the NFL

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/1575182201141940226

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
is he talking about the new call of duty

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Femur posted:

I am not sure if yall haven't try in a while, but Iptv services is almost a perfect cable substitute now, some even offer VOD. The only thing is tnt feeds will lag during popular game, but you can find the local channel, or eu channel showing games and its better.

If you are not currently living in the home market of your favorite team this doesn't work

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
iirc the best deal is NBA India which is like 20 bucks a month for every game but every year there's a new batch of VPNs that don't work anymore or need special configuring, I'd wait til the week before the season starts and check ask in the SAS NBA thread. they're helpful and informative when they aren't posting about posters

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm gonna predict the NBA standings for next year, 1-15 in both conferences. Here goes. Feel free to lol at me when I'm utterly wrong cause I'm gonna gloat if/when I'm right about something

Western Top 6:

1. Memphis Grizzlies. 56 wins last year despite being one of the youngest teams in the whole league. Terrifying. Could easily trade a few players for a star to pair with Morant if they need another one to contend for the title

2. Phoenix Suns. Their decline is overrated and by all indications the team was completely infected with COVID during Game 7 last year. The taint of Sarver will hopefully fade as well. They kept Ayton. Losing JaVale McGee/Crowder potential concerns along with CP3's age.

3. Dallas Mavericks. Adding Christian Wood/JaVale McGee in free agency will make them bigger and better on defense while losing Brunson will make them worse on offense. On balance though, Doncic continuing to mature likely makes them even more of a threat than last year.

4. Denver Nuggets. Jokic/Murray/Porter would make this team a title contender but the latter two are so injury prone, and they lost Will Barton/Monte Morris. Still, another MVP campaign from Jokic could move them into the 1 or 2 slot if the other two stay healthy.

5. Minnesota Timberwolves. Gobert fits oddly with the team but should still make them much stronger in the interior. Edwards will only get better. Kyle Anderson makes up for losing Beverley. I think this team could actually be better than #5 but they still have absolutely terrible guard play. Austin Rivers adds depth but no quality.

6. Golden State Warriors. The West will be a lot better aside from the Jazz this year. The Warriors didn't really add anyone aside from DiVincenzo and lost tons of depth (GPII, Otto Porter, Iggy, Bjelica) and both Steph/Draymond are aging and injury prone. Jordan Poole is the most exciting young player the Warriors have but his defense stinks. They can make a run in the playoffs but I think they will regress in the regular season.

Western Play-In Qualifiers:

7. New Orleans Pelicans. Ingram/McCollum were 9-6 when they played together last season, they pushed Phoenix to 7 (albeit with Booker missing games), and now they presumably have Zion Williamson back. Fully healthy Zion could push them far above 7, but I think he'll miss some time. Still, they are maybe the most interesting team in the entire conference. Very much a "boom/bust" team with how often McCollum and Zion are unable to play.

8. LA Clippers. Another wild card team as Paul George and Kawhi Leonard never seem to play more than 50 games. Batum will be 34 next season. Both they and the Pelicans could be dangerous playoff bottom feeders if they make it.

9. LA Lakers. Schroeder/Beverley should compensate for how much Westbrook sucks. Lakers have to hope Davis had the worst year of his career last year and that he'll bounce back.

10. Portland Trailblazers. Lillard should be better this year and Jerami Grant should provide a decent boost. Shaedon Sharpe is an interesting draft choice as he is a low floor/high ceiling type. Another underrated acquisition: Gary Payton II.

The Rest of the West:

11. Sacramento Kings: Should improve over last season with Sabonis for a full season, Kevin Huerter, and summer league MVP rookie Keegan Murray. Will my Kings break their stretch of having the longest playoff drought in professional sports? lol no. They also have a brewing sexual assault scandal. They are a poo poo stain on my home city of Sacramento.

12. OKC Thunder. IMO, would have been a play-in contender with Chet Holmgren. They got two other top 12 draft picks and Josh Giddey is a promising young player. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is maybe the most easily forgotten present/future star in the league.

13. Houston Rockets. Jalen Green is a future star, Jabari Smith looks solid, and the Rockets also signed lots of free agents to compensate for the loss of Christian Wood. Interesting young team.

Victor Wembanyama Sweepstakes Tier:

14. Utah Jazz. Expect Collin Sexton to put up ridiculous stats on what is now a bottom feeder team.

15. San Antonio Spurs. Higher than 13-15 and Pop deserves another coach of the year trophy (or not because they really need to tank this year).

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 29, 2022

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Clippers at 8 huh. Alright

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Yossarian-22 posted:

Victor Wembanyama Sweepstakes Tier:

14. San Antonio Spurs.

15. Utah Jazz
inshallah

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Eastern Top 6:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers. People underrate just how loaded this team is. They were around #1 in the East last year when they were healthy. Garland/Mitchell will be one of the best guard combos in the entire NBA, while Evan Mobley is one of the most exciting young players in the NBA. Jarrett Allen was an all star last year as well. Kevin Love is great off the bench and Ricky Rubio could be the same if he remains healthy. They are not title ready yet, but they are a deep regular season team.

2. Boston Celtics. Getting Malcolm Brogdon makes up for losing Robert Williams III and Udoka as coach to start the season. They should be much stronger at the guard position. Tatum/Brown will only get better. This would go to Milwaukee if Middleton didn't have questions entering the season.

3. Brooklyn Nets. I think the Nets will surprise a lot of people. Royce O'Neale and TJ Warren will provide much needed defense and shooting. Moreover, I think Ben Simmons will play and be pretty drat solid. He will still never learn to shoot but maybe Nash can help him improve his FT shooting to 65-70% with enough effort.

4. Milwaukee Bucks. The Bucks are a proven and often injured team. They will rest players for the playoffs and Middleton is already hurt. I doubt they care much about home court advantage.

5. Atlanta Hawks. Dejounte Murray is a super interesting acquisition. John Collins/DeAndre Hunter being healthy for much of the year should also be a huge boost to the team.

6. Philadelphia 76ers. Love the additions of PJ Tucker and Montrezl Harrell. Maybe Harden will be better than last year. I just think it's too little/too late for the process.

Eastern Play-In Qualifiers:

7. Toronto Raptors. Not much to say. They got Otto Porter from Golden State? The quintessential pretty good but not great team.

8. Miami Heat. They didn't really do anything except lose PJ Tucker and Markieff Morris. Butler will likely rest much of the year. Lowry is an old man. Maybe Herro has a breakout year, Oladipo wins comeback player of the year, or Adebayo learns to shoot 3s. Otherwise I think the Heat are due for a serious regression.

9. Chicago Bulls. The Lonzo Ball situation is absolutely tragic. The Bulls were the number #1 seed for the first half of last season when he played and he may miss all of this season due to yet another knee surgery. That being said, I still think LaVine/DeRozan/Vucevic/Caruso will get them to the play-in this season and the Dragic/Drummond acquisitions were decent.

10. Washington Wizards. Bradley Beal/Kristaps Porzingis/Will Barton. Should be just good enough to make it to this spot. Otoh this is the absolute dumbest team in the league for offering the supermax to Beal when they should really be trying to bottom out like the Jazz did. They already did this with John Wall and look how that turned out!

The Rest of the East:

11. Detroit Pistons. I'm hyped for this team. Cade Cunningham could be an all star as early as next season while Jaden Ivey is only a cut away from Ja Morant's speed and athleticism. Saddiq Bey shows flashes of being a great NBA player as well, and Jalen Duran could be a solid draft pick at center. Plus, Marvin Bagley played much better when he left the Kings for Detroit and the team was nearly .500 in the last month of the season. Don't sleep on them!

12. New York Knicks. Jalen Brunson may not be worth the money he got from NY but he could still propel them to the top 10. Julius Randle went from having an absolute fluke 2nd team all-NBA season to having one of the worst years of his career last season. I think he'll improve and young talent like RJ Barrett/Immanual Quickley should also be better. I just think the East has gotten too deep at this point.

13. Charlotte Hornets. Absolutely shameful domestic violence bullshit from Miles Bridges, their second best player. LaMelo and Terry Rozier should be good enough to prevent the team from utterly collapsing.

The Least of the East/Victor Wembanaya sweepstakes :

14. Orlando Magic. Not going out on a limb but I think Paolo Banchero will be RotY because Chet got injured. He is extremely NBA ready. Cole Anthony should be healthier as well. Should be a fun sub-30 win team.

15. Indiana Pacers. Halliburton is a sleeper fantasy basketball pick because this team stinks and he will pile up stats. Myles Turner is likely the next player to go. Pacers/Spurs/Jazz the favorites for Vic.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

MVP: Kevin Durant. I suspect that while Durant will not necessarily be the best player in league next season, the Nets will be the most surprising regular season team after the Cavs. Thus, Durant will get the lion's share of the credit for the team's bounceback.

Defensive Player of the Year: Evan Mobley. See above, but he will get the award for Cleveland's performance during the regular season.

Rookie of the Year: Paolo Banchero. I think he will average 20+ ppg on efficient shooting and prove to be a juggernaut on offense. Murray and Ivey will likely be his runner-ups.

Coach of the Year: J.B. Bickerstaff (Cavs)

Most Improved Player of the Year: Cade Cunningham.

NBA Finals Outcome: #4 seeded Milwaukee Bucks over the #1 seeded Memphis Grizzlies 4-2.

Vic sweepstakes winner with the #1 overall pick: San Antonio Spurs

I switched the Spurs and Jazz around because of Collin Sexton lol.

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 29, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ben Simmons shooting 70% from the free throw line ???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how does brogdon replace Williams ?? they don’t play the same position ??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok being too negative , I think you are about it 80% right on those guesses

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sorry to celticspost but here is some content, it is the highlights of a Larry Bird 60-point game against Atlanta from 1985. Notable for some insane shots but also for the reactions from the Atlanta bench when they kept going in.

https://cdn-cf-east.streamable.com/...EYUVEN4EVB2OKEQ

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
It's a good list.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the awards look plausible .

a lot riding tho on a magical Brooklyn season when they have never had one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

loquacius posted:

Sorry to celticspost but here is some content, it is the highlights of a Larry Bird 60-point game against Atlanta from 1985. Notable for some insane shots but also for the reactions from the Atlanta bench when they kept going in.

https://cdn-cf-east.streamable.com/...EYUVEN4EVB2OKEQ

the turnaround fadeaway is the most aesthetically pleasing shot in existence