Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Oh ok, for those it also must mean you’ve heard of it but haven’t been there yet, I guess. I think an asterisk also means there’s more to explore there, but you’ve also been there and discovered other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my dream game is sid meier’s pirates! But with more dancing minigames. I’m not joking. That game but with more modern design. Ubisoft would never.

It's insane how Pirates! Is basically the greatest pirate game ever made and everyone else keeps misunderstanding what really makes a pirate game. I've been waiting decades for another one like Sid Meier's Pirates! But every time someone announces a new pirate game it's some bullshit like skull and bones. I think the only things coming closest are Black Flag and maybe some of the Sea Dogs games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bop bop perano posted:

Oh ok, for those it also must mean you’ve heard of it but haven’t been there yet, I guess. I think an asterisk also means there’s more to explore there, but you’ve also been there and discovered other stuff.

Yes! You have heard of it, but have not seen it. Once you actually see it and go there the question mark becomes the picture.

Plus the asterisk is go and see more please :)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Sammus posted:

It’s a significant improvement over Cold War’s triggers that fought you with every pull. I played the beta with triggers turned both off and on, and it’s actually an improvement in this one.

bullets are the boringest way to interact with anything

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I've been playing Sunless Skies lately and while it's not a pirate game itself, it does scratch the "aimlessly wandering from port to port causing trouble" itch.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Casnorf posted:

bullets are the boringest way to interact with anything

jumping is boringer

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Earn better customer service by getting rare trophies and buying games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I better get their top loving tier

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

JollyBoyJohn posted:

jumping is boringer

jumping flash begs to disagree

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

n++

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

stupid meet boi

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How’s the Pulse wireless headset? It’s on sale on Amazon today

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
jumping is useless

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

man nurse posted:

Earn better customer service by getting rare trophies and buying games
making gamers more entitled with cs on account of having played videogames definitely won't backfire

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

kliras posted:

making gamers more entitled with cs on account of having played videogames definitely won't backfire

Can see the thought process, though. Who is more likely to run into some bizarre problem? FCFS is basically the most egalitarian, but perception of and actual are often very different things.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they should start a three tiered support service and charge money

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

They should host a big fight for every PS Stars member to fight for their right to have their customer service calls handled first. Some sort of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How’s the Pulse wireless headset? It’s on sale on Amazon today

i like it. sound and fit are both good which is about as much as you can ask for. few things bothered me at first and only one thing still does:

- the controls on the left ear take a bit of getting used to. idk why they didnt put some controls on the right ear like even just the power switch would help differentiate how many volume rockers and buttons and doodads you have to blindly fiddle with while not looking. ive gotten used to it at this point tho so its fine.

- the ps5 only has one usb input (in the front) and i would always have a usb-c cord hanging out of it for when i wanted to charge a dualsense. needing to swap the cord with the pulse headset usb dongle every time i wanted to use it was a slight annoyance but not the end of the world. i wound up buying the dualsense charging cradle that plugs into the wall, so now the headset dongle is always in the ps5. problem solved.

- if you wear glasses, the headset kinda shoves them into your head a bit. it doesn't feel bad after a minute or so, but ymmv depending on head size and the way you're glasses sit on your dome. a buddy of mine always switches to contacts to use his pair. i think thats overkill but im sure it would be more comfortable.

other than the above, i enjoy having a dedicated headset for the ps5 even tho i have other headphones that would be compatible with a dongle or wire probably (two nice pairs of bose headphones that i use for work or airplanes). having dedicated gaming features is cool, and the part that goes over your ears is large enough (for me) to be more comfortable for a gaming session imho

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why didn’t you just plug a controller charger cable into the back

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

pulses are some of the comfiest headsets ive ever worn and my glasses actually guillotine my nose if i wear them too long so make of that what you will

the controls took a sec to get used to but every control and button is differentiated by shape and whether it's a rocker or a clicky so you can learn it pretty quick if you are willing to adapt even the slightest littlest bit

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

ShoogaSlim posted:

Pulse stuff

Well you twisted my arm so I just bought a pair. I also need a backup pair anyway, but hopefully I won’t sound like I have the world’s worst cold when I play Factions anymore
(Unless I do sound like that)

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

acksplode posted:

Don't think it'll have any negative consequence for you at this point, so try shooting an arrow at her :)

!!!

Oh poo poo, that was a load bearing hoochie!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

google strikes again, lmao

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/29/23378713/google-stadia-shutting-down-game-streaming-january-2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahahaha

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I guess you could say that the "Stadia" was in fact... a Vomitorium!

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Its gotta be weird to be Google where you're the search engine and email service for like 99% of people but whenever you try to do literally anything else everyone goes "lol nope"

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Maybe Cloud gaming sucks and that's why it failed?

What if Google had tried more traditional PC hardware, like the Steam Deck?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

You don't say...how could they not see this coming

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

Its gotta be weird to be Google where you're the search engine and email service for like 99% of people but whenever you try to do literally anything else everyone goes "lol nope"

Their mobile phones are alright

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wolfsheim posted:

that's because literally everyone else has noticed that everything google does that isn't search and email is unceremoniously orphaned and killed as soon as possible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

:hmmyes:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

haveblue posted:

that's because literally everyone else has noticed that everything google does that isn't search and email is unceremoniously orphaned and killed as soon as possible

Yeah but imagine you're the guy they put in charge of stadia

Were you in charge of google hangouts and google video before that? Is your life just a series of roaming through the halls of google to various doomed projects like some kind of tortured specter?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Wolfsheim posted:

Yeah but imagine you're the guy they put in charge of stadia

Were you in charge of google hangouts and google video before that? Is your life just a series of roaming through the halls of google to various doomed projects like some kind of tortured specter?

No you're Phil Harrison and you fail upwards to the next company.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
i wax at pax a few years ago and the stadia booth was smaller than the anime husbando mobile gacha booth nearby

a portent of failure if there ever was

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sakurazuka posted:

I better get their top loving tier

They're gonna assign a personal support guy to me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't think so Tim. All this proves is that a streaming-only platform that got put on life support a couple years ago because it lost support from up top is likely to get killed. MS is doing great with Xcloud by pitching it as part of a complete breakfast rather than the entire meal, and making sure it works well and has a library behind it. Here, have some Xbox thread success stories

priznat posted:

I've used my iphone and my kid plays subnautica on a mac via xcloud, works surprisingly well!

bushisms.txt posted:

If you have a game that runs mainly online like sea of thieves, you should try playing it over xcloud instead of installing it. I just reinstalled and then uninstalled SoT from my Xbox One x because xcloud looks and runs better on my bone than local. Plus load times are really good, especially for something like Halo infinite, You're waiting for people to join, and latency is great too, of course ymmv. Also currently playing through Yakuza 0 via xcloud.

bushisms.txt posted:

You'd be surprised. Like lifespan said, my ping was low, so any latency that I may have felt was canceled out by being at the data center that everybody else was connecting to. I feel like they were specifically working to make infinite play with xcloud because it feels really good. It never felt like it was not catching my inputs in time and Im still able to win at my normal rate, not claiming the be good at Halo, but supposed cloud issues were never a problem. Switching to phone/wifi you notice but it's still manageable for loving around in BTBs. But I'm on a private isp, so I know my experience wont be shared by the majority.

Nuts and Gum posted:

I’ll use xcloud to try out indie 8 bit titles that I’d never download. Hopefully something is actually worth spending time on eventually, but the instant streaming is just perfect for these games.

Tsietisin posted:

As for playing via streaming, I've never noticed lag. My ping to my ISP is around 10ms and having done some network diagnostics, the ping to the cloud servers averages around 22ms. I think because of this I often don't notice any difference between playing directly from console or streaming.

Tsietisin posted:

And those cloud services are good.

Whenever a new game comes in, I always stream it first to see if I like it before downloading.

It's often the case that I completely forget I'm streaming at all.

MJBuddy posted:

My son wants me to play Dragon Quest builders nonstop and while on vacation I just brought my controller and played off my wife's laptop on streaming.

Really really solid, actually. For that type of game, basically seamless even over wifi.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but the Xbox thread also use the phrase “the best deal in gaming” completely unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The main difference being that nobody in the PS5 thread could ever be accused of saying that sincerely.