Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Personally I wouldn't buy a game on console whose biggest features are "modding" and "being able to unfuck the hundred bugs with the console", but to each on their own, easier to just play instead of 1000h of mod prep.

Edit: Wow, bad snipe uuuuhhh Switch rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It adds lots of community made quests that you used to be able to buy separately as DLC. It’s a few good quests but they’re all unlocked at high enough levels so it’s not really apparent what gets added if you’re starting from scratch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skyrim owns and on switch it’s very cool

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I started up my save with my level 8 character, warm in his own house with his housecarl outside chopping wood, and the survival stuff kicked in (it asks).

Debating whether or not to reroll with all of this stuff from the beginning. Alduin's dead in my playthrough, maybe I'll finally finish the civil war quest.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Too many Skyrims, they should release a New Vegas w/ mods on Switch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Too many Skyrims, they should release a New Vegas w/ mods on Switch

You want your switch to burn down?

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

You want your switch to burn down?

If Skyrim, Witcher 3, and the new Dooms can have Switch ports idk why NV can't.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Because NV is a badly coded piece of poo poo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The code might be janky and bad, but my god, that game is :discourse:

Anyway, I looked up the differences between the free stuff VS paid stuff in Skyrim AE, and wow, I might actually spring for that. Initially, I was only interested in survival, and having the Sheogorath quest in Solitude is nice, but jfc, the amount of stuff added in for paid AE is :stare:

You can go (back) into Oblivion!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

It's a good game and a Special Edition would be at home on the Swirch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nintendo wouldn’t let it pass cert, unlike the cowards at Sony and MS

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’ve been replaying Bayonetta 2 since I s coming out soon. It’s still a very good game!

I need to get that done like seriously in the next month!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
You'll be able to get special Power Armor that looks like the Varia Suit

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Nintendo 49ers posted:

Hearing about this tied in nicely with a bit of an itch for some 2D Mario, so I've re-installed Mario Maker 2 to give it a go. I too haven't even touched that game since the Worlds were introduced and it turns out there's a few popular ones, so I've got a bit to be going on with.

I've just never really been able to jive with user created content in Mario Maker 2. I hate myself for it because I don't like the idea that Nintendo are the only people who "get it" and nobody else can capture that same "magic" - what a dorky mindset that would be - but I can't put my finger on what else it is that I can't vibe with.

I think the following from Astro7x is as good an explanation as any and I feel similar to this.

Either way, wow, the amount of energy and work that goes into these is incredible. I did enjoy the first couple of levels so I'm going to stick with it.

The only custom levels I have found that really capture the magic of what Nintendo is able to do is the "Newer Super Mario Bros' levels. I think being limited to the NSMB tool set probably helps, because sometimes people tend to just put poo poo into Mario Maker levels simply because they can.

https://newerteam.com/wii/

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Porting New Vegas seems like a hellish nightmare, but with all the money they have (and their relentless commitment to porting Skyrim) I am surprised that Bethesda haven't done something to get it (and Fallout 3) on modern consoles in a more elegant way.

Astro7x posted:

The only custom levels I have found that really capture the magic of what Nintendo is able to do is the "Newer Super Mario Bros' levels. I think being limited to the NSMB tool set probably helps, because sometimes people tend to just put poo poo into Mario Maker levels simply because they can.

https://newerteam.com/wii/

I'll check these out, thank you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bethesda hate NV because it’s considered better than FO3

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I am in a hurricane and I want to play Dorfromantik but the switch claims it's not out yet.

Nvm. I guess it releases at 9am pdt for no good reason.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 29, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

there's some stuff for free though like fishing and permadeath mode. worth the free upgrade for that.

Woah whoa whoa did s9mebody say fishing

Well i guess im glad im going home early bc my stomach feels like its trying to crawl out my body

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Personally I wouldn't buy a game on console whose biggest features are "modding" and "being able to unfuck the hundred bugs with the console", but to each on their own, easier to just play instead of 1000h of mod prep.

Edit: Wow, bad snipe uuuuhhh Switch rules.

I played it on the pc too, the seitch version was for ease of use

Also idk how to describe it but as buggy and messy as it is i do genuibely like playing skyrim! I like the mods of course but i plywd it unmodded for years lol

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk3Fr9ysPYo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why’d they name it that

rox
Sep 7, 2016

hes wigglin

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I never understood the idea of a built in permadeath mode. Just delete your save file.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
#WiglettWednesday

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I never understood the idea of a built in permadeath mode. Just delete your save file.

A lot of design choices have to be made because players need to be forced to do something. There is a large segment of players who need to be actively prevented from doing boring things or cheating even if they don't enjoy it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ImpAtom posted:

A lot of design choices have to be made because players need to be forced to do something. There is a large segment of players who need to be actively prevented from doing boring things or cheating even if they don't enjoy it.

that's pretty much the definition of what a "rule" in a game is, lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Nevermind this; anyone who's interested in survival mode, rare curios, fishing, and/or Saints and Seducers should just boot up Skyrim anyway; all those things are included free, without buying the anniversary edition/add-on.

So, now I'm curious as to what the add-on actually adds... on. Bunch of gear?

If you marry someone in game you are technically married in real life.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that's pretty much the definition of what a "rule" in a game is, lol

It goes beyond rules. If punching yourself in the balls was 3% more effective than eating candy then people would focus on optimizing the force and speed of punches

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

It goes beyond rules. If punching yourself in the balls was 3% more effective than eating candy then people would focus on optimizing the force and speed of punches

thahts just weightlifting

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Dropsy is out now in all regions along with new areas and NPCs! :0)

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/dropsy-switch/

404notfound posted:

I remember when Dropsy was just a CYOA thread in GBS. Congrats on making it so far! With this and Trombone Champ, it's a good time for goon-made games

haha what posted:

hey congrats on the release (and the kids)! :cheers:

Thanks y'all! :kiddo:

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Got drunk for the first time in a long time last night, wound up buying Various Daylife without properly looking into it. I, uh... yeah, mixed feelings.

Edit: been doing the research I shoulda did before buying it. Really regret dropping 30 on it. Game is worth like 15 tops.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 30, 2022

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I have bought way stupider things while drunk.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Gaspy Conana posted:

I am obviously super out of the loop about this game, but I grabbed it just now! I have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Rolo posted:

I have bought way stupider things while drunk.

Lol

Yeah it doesn't seem THAT BAD, I just kinda hate I paid as much as I did for the game it is.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Gaspy Conana posted:

Feel free to ignore this if you aren't allowed to say, but are there any plans to port Dropsy to PS4?

Eagerly awaiting Dreamsettler. :)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Nah no plans. Probably just Nintendo and PC. It's complicated with that game and team and it's a miracle that this happened!

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I am obviously super out of the loop about this game, but I grabbed it just now! I have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited.

Please do post with your thoughts! I'm really happy with this release. Lots of special little touches.

I will say though that I haaaaate one of the very early puzzles so if you find yourself stuck trying to get a tire hug the bird costume guy an additional time. Ugh, I hate this because normally Dropsy only hugs people when they want to be hugged.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Me too! Weird games, best games.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Gaspy Conana posted:

Nah no plans. Probably just Nintendo and PC. It's complicated with that game and team and it's a miracle that this happened!

:yeah: In that case, I'll grab it on Switch next week.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Gaspy Conana posted:

Please do post with your thoughts! I'm really happy with this release. Lots of special little touches.

I will say though that I haaaaate one of the very early puzzles so if you find yourself stuck trying to get a tire hug the bird costume guy an additional time. Ugh, I hate this because normally Dropsy only hugs people when they want to be hugged.

Will definitely give some feedback sometime before long. I've not played much of it at all yet but just from what little I have played, I'll say that so far I am *loving* the art style/aesthetic and the tone to it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Gaspy Conana posted:

I was around for the OG thread and I didn't know you ended up making a game. Definitely gonna pick this up when I get some fuckin around money.