Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Saw someone posting that the Climate Simulator on the Halcyon has gotten stuck on "Kamino mode" :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

It's getting real in Florida. The Wish was due to dock tomorrow or Friday and it's going to stay out at sea.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Braksgirl posted:

It's getting real in Florida. The Wish was due to dock tomorrow or Friday and it's going to stay out at sea.

How much extra food do cruise ships carry? Are guests currently on board going to have to eat leftovers from the last three nights’ buffets?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Grundulum posted:

How much extra food do cruise ships carry? Are guests currently on board going to have to eat leftovers from the last three nights’ buffets?

The boat is full of mice, ducks, and dogs. There’s plenty of food :v:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Craptacular! posted:

As usual, I will hope that the hurricane expends so much energy battering Mar-A-Lago that it is exhausted by the time it reaches Disney.

Amen

Anti-Bunny
Mar 14, 2007
word
We're headed to Epcot for the 40th anniversary on Saturday, expecting it to be post-storm weird.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
This storm seems like the closest to a direct hit from a a major strength hurricane Disney has gotten in recent memory. I'm kinda curious how things fare over there.

Florida goons and CMs, good luck, this thing looks incredibly bad for a lot of coastal Florida (east coast as well!). Stay safe and don't go through your hurricane boozerations too fast.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Please stay safe, Florida friends!!

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Watching my friends' feeds from Sarasota down through Naples... this storm is looking nasty. Dood luck to anyone reading this that lives there, stay safe!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Welp I was supposed to be on the cancelled Wish cruise
Here’s to December and v2.0 of this vacay!

Guess this means I’m just going to hang out at all my kid’s baseball games that he was going to miss this week

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My rebooked 10am out of Boston on Friday just got canceled. I scooped a 1pm out of MHT. Maybe this will stick, who loving knows man.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Grundulum posted:

I watched a documentary about a competing cruise line and they mentioned having enough for an extra week.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I remember being the opening coordinator the day after Hurrican Irma and coming in to find a tree just crashed into the Haunted Mansion Pet Cemetary and a branch of theTreehouse just sitting in our office because it fell down.

I can't imagine what the park will look like this time.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I remember being the opening coordinator the day after Hurrican Irma and coming in to find a tree just crashed into the Haunted Mansion Pet Cemetary and a branch of theTreehouse just sitting in our office because it fell down.

I can't imagine what the park will look like this time.

I remember a security guy who rode it out watching over MK took a picture of the castle the dawn of the following morning and getting dogpiled by non-security CMs and Armchair CM Disney Adults about breaking protocol.

Like what cops are you going to call, he's literally with the cops.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Apparently if you were on one of the cancelled Starcruiser bookings you get to rebook at 50% off. That's pretty sweet even considering the loss of flights etc.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Sea World Orlando was going to reveal the name of their 2023 coaster yesterday, but they chose to postpone the announcement.

Rumor has it the chosen name is High Surf.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Checking in from Kissimmee, right by Disney. Lots of rain and wind but nothing too crazy. Our power flickered twice but is still holding strong.

With the storm breaking up already, will it even get much worse than this?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/lissainbama/status/1575540533824323589?s=46&t=Y-f8HD-FL-ACge641PSvNw

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Some bold ride choices going on at universal.

couldcareless fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 29, 2022

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

couldcareless posted:

Some bold ride choices going on at universal.

B&M is really trying to make a splash in florida for 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
HULK WET

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

HULK SPLASH was right there…

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nottherealaborn posted:

HULK SPLASH was right there…

Fuuuuuuuu

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

https://twitter.com/News13JeffAllen/status/1575447200057987072?s=20&t=_rxzqSMMlysHa8UxgnSCzA

poo poo, did Universal really get wrecked far more than Disney? Or has nobody gotten close enough for photos yet?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Universal area absolutely go hit harder. Downtown too, Lake Eola flooded over.

https://twitter.com/ryanelijah/status/1575497969398579200?s=46&t=TwQeCltLAya2KYW_s1V4yQ
https://twitter.com/jannalkirkland/status/1575450531518111747?s=42&t=TwQeCltLAya2KYW_s1V4yQ

We got very lucky on the Southwest side

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 29, 2022

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Hazo posted:

https://twitter.com/News13JeffAllen/status/1575447200057987072?s=20&t=_rxzqSMMlysHa8UxgnSCzA

poo poo, did Universal really get wrecked far more than Disney? Or has nobody gotten close enough for photos yet?

Disney is better about putting the fear of God into people to not post photos they shouldn't than Universal is.

But the area did seem to get it worse than those by Disney. I imagine Epcot and the water rides at MK are hosed rn though.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Disney is better about putting the fear of God into people to not post photos they shouldn't than Universal is.

But the area did seem to get it worse than those by Disney. I imagine Epcot and the water rides at MK are hosed rn though.

Can't be too bad, Disney is reopening tomorrow.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

How's the airport situation in Orlando right now? I've got family who have places to be, so I'm curious if they can get out of Florida or if it's going to be a nightmare at MCO. I'm guessing it'll be a nightmare.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Braksgirl posted:

Can't be too bad, Disney is reopening tomorrow.

I mean, how soon would we know if they aren't? How soon do they send assessment crews into the parks to start clearing debris and looking for damage? I think BigBudgetSequel or MercifulCrap said they were on one of the crews that rode out a hurricane in the parks. When do we know if like the top part of Cinderella's castle blew off or something?

edit: that's a bad example because I'm sure there are nutbags all over Kissimmee with telescopes pointed at MK but you know what I mean. What goes into making sure nothing's damaged and it's ok to reopen?

Hazo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 29, 2022

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
People are all over the resorts taking pictures of the icons from whatever balconies they can, and a lot of bloggers are in town for the Epcot thing. I've already seen photos of damage to the Jurassic Park building. Disney's resorts themselves seem to have stood pretty well in this one. Wilderness Lodge was leaking like crazy during Irma, but there was someone staying there in Twitter for this one and no photos of the buckets set up in the lobby.

Whether it's just Disney is just Built Better right now or a geographic mishap, who knows. Because Florida, I assume this isn't an altitude issue. Either way it's kind of funny coming a few months after the Reedy Creek thing and the "why can't Disney just be like Universal" stuff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is horror nights okay

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Hazo posted:

I mean, how soon would we know if they aren't? How soon do they send assessment crews into the parks to start clearing debris and looking for damage? I think BigBudgetSequel or MercifulCrap said they were on one of the crews that rode out a hurricane in the parks. When do we know if like the top part of Cinderella's castle blew off or something?

edit: that's a bad example because I'm sure there are nutbags all over Kissimmee with telescopes pointed at MK but you know what I mean. What goes into making sure nothing's damaged and it's ok to reopen?

I'm sure they had crews in at Disney as soon as it was safe to get them in there to assess damage. I wouldn't have gotten an email this afternoon about reopening if they didn't think it was safe to reopen.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Going to Epcot tomorrow I'll report back

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Hopefully it isn’t anything structural on JP.

Wonder how the pop-up houses fared.

https://twitter.com/universalorl/status/1575615619407429633?s=46&t=Go43MfSpANMj-6b_KeyK6A

Edit: oh gently caress my friend just sent me this:

https://twitter.com/notjacobselleck/status/1575626900415791104?s=46&t=KHDyFPed3yRPcRJgkkTxqA

Cais fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 30, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Looks crazy but probably just a pump in that tunnel got overwhelmed. Not a big issue.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

THE FINAL PLUNGE

TWO WHOLE MINUTES UNDER WATER

EDIT:

I AIN'T AFRAID OF NO ROLLYCOASTER
vvvvvvvvvvvv

Boxman fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 30, 2022

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'd still ride it tbh.

My 1pm flight (landing 4pm in MCO) is still on time tomorrow. Sounds like MCO got to do inspections today and should reopen tomorrow morning sometime.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Universal is letting people reschedule tomorrow nights HHN but making them pay any price difference :lol:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Tim Whatley posted:

I'd still ride it tbh.

My 1pm flight (landing 4pm in MCO) is still on time tomorrow. Sounds like MCO got to do inspections today and should reopen tomorrow morning sometime.

Greater Orlando Aviation Authority’s CEO Kevin Thibault said the Orlando International Airport will resume passenger flights Friday afternoon after an assessment of the property found little to minor damage.

GOAA ceased commercial operations on Wednesday out of an abundance of caution pending the arrival of Hurricane Ian.

Thibault said airport crew members inspected the area and are working to remove water buildup in order to resume operations by tomorrow afternoon.

They inspected the airfield, airside property, gate and terminal links (trams), landside facilities and roads to ensure safe passage for buses and cars, an announcement said.

Travelers are being advised to arrive at the airport for their departure after 10 a.m. to give enough time for airport workers and partners to prepare. Those wishing to adjust their flight should check with their individual airlines and rental car companies as many are adjusting their schedules and adding relief flights over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
WDW with modified arrival hours tomorrow but party is on at MK.
SeaWorld/Aquatica/Discovery Cove all closed

Portofino got flooded wow - that’s a huge piazza all underwater.