Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The one QoL change people never bring up but was huge is characters no longer being unusable when on expedition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I remember using bennett as my expedition slave because everyone on release "knew" he was useless, plus he had the passive that boosted them.
Amber too but sometimes I had to cancel expeditions so I could use her to solve arrow-shooting puzzles.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

gandlethorpe posted:

The one QoL change people never bring up but was huge is characters no longer being unusable when on expedition

Yeah I actually thought I'd misremembered expeditions and crafting taking up the character when I came back and could send a character I was using

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
In 1.0 drops fell from the tree in domains and you had to pick them up.

.... also Venti could yeet them away in co-op.

We've come a long way!

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Slowly making my way through the Archon quest, hopefully I can finish it tonight so I can start to move on to the event quest.

Only thread titles I can think of are spoilers lol

Genshin Impact Tree.1: Gaslighting 101 with the Dendro Archon
Genshin Impact Tree.1: Grand Theft Archon

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Genshin Impact 3.1: Dendro May Cry
Genshin Impact 3.1: Just Deserts
Genshin Impact 3.1: We Candace if we want to
Genshin Impact 3.1: hollerin about the anubis

Sorry, I got nothin'.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

We've come a long way!

Not gonna lie, I kinda miss picking up the artifacts from domains. I just realized there's like no way to see a 5* colored item on the ground since that change.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So did (early Act 3) Traveler and Paimon learn Dottore's rank at some point and I forgot, or did he actually say his fancy subtitles out loud like an rear end in a top hat?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Justin_Brett posted:

So did (early Act 3) Traveler and Paimon learn Dottore's rank at some point and I forgot, or did he actually say his fancy subtitles out loud like an rear end in a top hat?

I'm pretending their Akasha terminals did the full name and rank cutscene.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The fatui namecard stuff is actually fully diegetic, just like in the yakuza series.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Justin_Brett posted:

Probably already knew, since their reaction to the Captain info was "oh, hope Vartan is alright" instead of "Who the gently caress is Captain?"

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ain't gonna happen, but I always stan hard for it:

Genshin Impact Tree.1: The lone and level sands stretch far away

alternately

Genshin Impact Tree.1: ANCIENT EGYPTIAN LASER BEAMS

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

We've come a long way!
It was bonus fun when they just bounced off the platform into the void all on their own!

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I've been playing other things and only about half-way poked into Sumeru since it launched, and now it seems they've shipped the desert part too!

Can anyone fill me in on like a cliffnotes update of what Dendro changes for team-building options? Is Collei/Dendro traveler any good? Any of the new artifact sets notable?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/genshinguide/status/1575327309959254016?s=20&t=e4beugvZ_02QBUro1XfT8Q

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Pulled candace in 3, which is a huge relief as I think I'll be saving for sleepy swordstress :cheerdoge:

As someone who has a lot of fun running beidou (+ yanfei), is candace and her skill going to feel similarly fun? Trial made it seem that way but better to know before I start grinding mats

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Scoss posted:

I've been playing other things and only about half-way poked into Sumeru since it launched, and now it seems they've shipped the desert part too!

Can anyone fill me in on like a cliffnotes update of what Dendro changes for team-building options? Is Collei/Dendro traveler any good? Any of the new artifact sets notable?

Basically dendro can fit easily in to buff electro, or with an electrocharged team. I've had good success just throwing dendro traveler into a sucrose/XQ/Fischl team, but even then it's not optimised.
Tighnari is great dendro DPS with an off field electro applier like raiden or Fischl or yae

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Scoss posted:

Dendro & Electro play incredibly well together, probably being the most "meta" of the new dendro stuff. Dendro + Electro causes Quicken and then any further damage of either element does bonus damage. Dendro being called Spread and Electro called Aggravate. Think of them as like Vaporize & Melt in reaction style. This has really brought out good options for electro damage including fishing Keqing out of the meme pit.

Dendro + Hydro causes Bloom seeds to spawn on the ground that detonate after a long delay for Dendro damage or alternatively can be hit by other elements to cause other interactions. Hitting seeds with Electro causes Hyperbloom which sends out homing thorns to a single enemy while Pyro causes bigger, more damaging and immediate explosions of Dendro damage. There's a lot of fun options for playing around with these but they haven't found quite as immediate a footing as Quicken/Spread/Aggravate have. That said it still opens up fun opportunities for team comps if you like experimenting.

--

Collei is... awkward. She works alright for applying Dendro to things but her boomerang can be laggy on occasion. Her burst is saddled with long cooldown on dendro application for no good reason which really screws up her potential.

Dendro MC on the other hand is in a much better spot. Skill is weirdly shallow and has no vertical height at all so it can be somewhat awkward to hit things sometimes but the burst is a really good long lasting dendro field. Of your two options they are the better Dendro support for any of your needs for Dendro application... for now. Nahida is primed to ruin this brief stint of MC being good for once.

--

Both new artifact sets are good and have their spots. Deepwood Memory is a near universally good set for any support that wants to enable a team featuring dendro, given almost all the Dendro reaction do Dendro damage. Gilded Dreams is a fantastic option for any damage dealer that really wants big doses of EM that isn't Anemo.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

Genshin Impact 3.1: Dendro May Cry

My vote

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
There is also the dendro pyro reactions but I don't think they've really caught on just yet

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm doing the Golden Slumber quest "Proceed deeper within the ruins" and one of the orb ball things is not spawning

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1575729778770018305

Am I missing something, or do I need to contact CS, I have already relogged and left the area and returned?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

husker do's, husker don'ts, screaming mimis,

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have used that, the pedistal is there, but not the orb that needs to move

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Having gone back and done (most of) Dragonspine, the thing that made me quit, I can only conclude that was due to the fact that I was using Barbara as my healer at the time, because having gone back with Shinobu instead that was pretty painless.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Speaking of this whole event, does it bug anyone else that Traveler and Paimon don't seem to remember that Scaramouche took the Gnosis and ran, because they learned that in an event? Presumably the reason Dottore sends mercenaries instead of Fatui is because he also turned traitor for the "make Scaramouche a god" idea. But I guess Traveler and Paimon aren't allowed to see this coming because that bit was in an event.

Also, hey! Does this count as not being the Fatui behind things?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

nightwisher posted:

Getting back into this after dipping out early 2021, before Inazuma came out. Anyone got a TL;DR for anything important I should do first? I'm AR45 fwiw, monstadt/liyue/dragonspire are all pretty much complete. Got a shitton of primogen from occasionally logging in over the last year just to claim poo poo, I don't have Venti, is it worth trying for him on the current banner? Or is he garbage tier now?

Venti is still really good. Basically he still abosultely wrecks anything that he can vaccume up into the gently caress cloud, but there are more fat enemies that only slowly get pulled in or resist it now. Fat enemies arent much of a thing (as far as I can tell) in sumeru but they're all over Inazuma.

Tl;Dr venti is still pretty good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/mhunter_45/status/1575637134564012033/photo/1

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I guess this is how the game categorizes it, but it's still weird to think of Childe as a Liyue character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

look its basketball, you poach foreign talent. giannis sure aint from milwaulkee

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lumine/Aether on both sides cheering :allears:

Kale
May 14, 2010

You know having done the prolgoue part to the new event and seeing Jean's big speech in front of the Knights, her new outfit with the fancy collar and buttons does seem a lot more like something that a stoic noblewoman Knight commander would probably wear than the low cut top. She still very obviously flirts with the traveller like every other character at least in Japanese like when saying to go enjoy the festival, its just not scenery chewinglevels like with Lisa who is usually standing right next to her. That said her birthday message in Japanese is super far removed from my general impression of the character and more in the realm of say Marilyn Monroe.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kale posted:

You know having done the prolgoue part to the new event and seeing Jean's big speech in front of the Knights, her new outfit with the fancy collar and buttons does seem a lot more like something that a stoic noblewoman Knight commander would probably wear than the low cut top.

I agree, this was the first time I saw it in-game and it's a really nice outfit for her.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Captain France posted:

Speaking of this whole event, does it bug anyone else that Traveler and Paimon don't seem to remember that Scaramouche took the Gnosis and ran, because they learned that in an event? Presumably the reason Dottore sends mercenaries instead of Fatui is because he also turned traitor for the "make Scaramouche a god" idea. But I guess Traveler and Paimon aren't allowed to see this coming because that bit was in an event.

Also, hey! Does this count as not being the Fatui behind things?

There isn't a lot of branching dialogue for whether events have happened to your account or not. Though even given that I don't think there's a lot amiss here. Nothing about the current course of events is all that contradictory to "welp, Dottore who is still totally 100% Fatui must have hunted down Scaramouche since Childe talked to us, which is a thing Dottore is totally capable of because he's a more highly-ranked Harbinger".

Besides, the operation in Vimara was all Fatui who thought they were working for "The Doctor". Though to be fair it wouldn't be the first time the higher-ups just cut ties with some grunts and never even told them.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

You know having done the prolgoue part to the new event and seeing Jean's big speech in front of the Knights, her new outfit with the fancy collar and buttons does seem a lot more like something that a stoic noblewoman Knight commander would probably wear than the low cut top. She still very obviously flirts with the traveller like every other character at least in Japanese like when saying to go enjoy the festival, its just not scenery chewinglevels like with Lisa who is usually standing right next to her. That said her birthday message in Japanese is super far removed from my general impression of the character and more in the realm of say Marilyn Monroe.
I've never seen her original outfit, so I can't compare them, but as she is now she has one of my favourite character designs in the entire game.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Kale posted:

I had the same reaction like, woah Jean's clothes actually fit her job that's new.

Unrelated, I wish Cyno had nipples. It's disconcerting that he doesn't.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

He's just wearing a flesh-colored bodysuit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

I had the same reaction like, woah Jean's clothes actually fit her job that's new.

Unrelated, I wish Cyno had nipples. It's disconcerting that he doesn't.
He should have six nipples...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This business management minigame is real goofy. I kinda like it even though it is extremely easy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still use Jean's old outfit because I don't like the black gloves with the rest of the blue in her outfit. They changed it to match her shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Some of the Sumaru dailies are surprisingly great. They'll repeat a few times and have slight variations, but then turn into "proper" quests. Really enjoying them, temporary as the experience may be.